Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Anyone know what the DEB Hamlet deception question was? :/ Don't know why she can't just use actual exam papers ffs, my pre paper is in bits after the amount of time we've spent over-analysing it, and now I can't find it... /ranty

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Just back from like a week of having no internet! It was horrible! :P

Also, found out today that my French oral will be on the first day back, and I'm the very second person to go, it'll be at 9:30... BRICKING IT! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

David1994 wrote: »
    *GASP* Really the only one??!!
    Ehm whut? :P
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    omg the jealousy! it'd be like free grinds :(
    Sad thing is I probably won't even do it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

French oral on the Tuesday back,
    Irish the following week.

Got my Rí Rá Cd:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Namlub wrote: »
    Anyone know what the DEB Hamlet deception question was? :/ Don't know why she can't just use actual exam papers ffs, my pre paper is in bits after the amount of time we've spent over-analysing it, and now I can't find it... /ranty
    Here it is,

Deception is a fundamental theme of the play, Hamlet
    Discuss this statement, supporting your answer with suitable reference to the text.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Get it here :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

What kind of evil person does that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Eathrin wrote: »
    Got my Rí Rá Cd:D

Is it just songs that've already been done as Gaeilge on other CDs or is it new ones? :) Getting mine tomorrow. :D (When m'athar comes home.)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

13spanner wrote: »

69 whole days sure! Be graaaaaaaand

ADRIENNE RICH IS DEAD!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

RIP Rich! :(

Is that all?:(
    Put's things into perspective.
    Togepi wrote: »
    Is it just songs that've already been done as Gaeilge on other CDs or is it new ones? :) Getting mine tomorrow. :D (When m'athar comes home.)
    All new stuff, I haven't listened to it through yet, I'm still listening to a few other albums right now too! Before 12pm sure twill be grand.
    CTYIgirl wrote: »
    ADRIENNE RICH IS DEAD!!
    :(RIP

We haven't covered her yet in English.
    I wonder if this will influence the choice of poet, or have papers already been made?

Papers are already made. Is it horrible I wish she'd died about three/four months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Papers are already made. Is it horrible I wish she'd died about three/four months ago?

Yes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Oh dear :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

The leaving cert has truly made us into terrible people. :P

RIP Rich, really enjoyed her work. I'd advise anyone to go read outside the stuff we do on the LC as many of her poems not included in the textbook are brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

I guess it's more of a wake up call than motivation :o

At this stage of the year, what motivates all of ye to study?

I actually really liked Rich, she was probably my second favourite poet this year, and now I'd probably put her as my favourite (just 'cause I don't know Plath well enough to like her more). Everyone seemed to hate her poetry but it's so easy to write about.

Rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I really really really hate my school and would sooner die than repeat. I am literally losing my mind at this stage of the year. I need out of this place.
    Also, 69 days is loads of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

The fear of failure.

• Advertisement

For anyone interested, I've neglected hours of homework but I've finished uploading and editing the new Rí-Rá Cd to Youtube. Also my first action on the site, yup, I signed up for this:pac:

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I'm still mostly saying "I'll start tomorrow". What will motivate me, though, is that I know I'll absolutely hate myself in August if I don't do as well as I'd like. I got one B in the junior cert and that still pisses me off. I'm really harsh on myself.

finality wrote: »
    I'm still mostly saying "I'll start tomorrow". What will motivate me, though, is that I know I'll absolutely hate myself in August if I don't do as well as I'd like. I got one B in the junior cert and that still pisses me off. I'm really harsh on myself.
    I got 9 B's :o So are you going for 625?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Missing an apparent "vital" class today, bed seems like the better option!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I got 9 B's :o So are you going for 625?

I think my cousin got 9 B's as well, he said it was absolutely no help to him in deciding which subjects to do for the leaving. :P
    Isn't everyone going for 625, ideally? :L If I know I've put the work in I'll be happy with whatever I get. Over 600 would be fucking nice though, it's such a nice looking number. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

From a Survivor...

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

That's bull guys, I know what we need to reach our prime:

finality wrote: »
    I think my cousin got 9 B's as well, he said it was absolutely no help to him in deciding which subjects to do for the leaving. :P
    Isn't everyone going for 625, ideally? :L If I know I've put the work in I'll be happy with whatever I get. Over 600 would be ****ing nice though, it's such a nice looking number. :pac:
    Yeah, it sucked :P Well yeah but I know I cant get it, just cant do maths to A1 standard but ah well :P Ugh I know, its such an achievement :pac:

Also lads, we dont have to manipulate q1-5 in the irish comprehensions, my irish teacher emailed the chief examiner :D So my mock was now an A2 :cool:

Yeah, it sucked :P Well yeah but I know I cant get it, just cant do maths to A1 standard but ah well :P Ugh I know, its such an achievement :pac:

Also lads, we dont have to manipulate q1-5 in the irish comprehensions, my irish teacher emailed the chief examiner :D So my mock was now an A2 :cool:

I think everyone knew that...I guess your school was left in the dark:D

• Advertisement

But, it says on the paper that the answers have to be in your own words as much as possible... :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement