Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

The graduation hoodies/memorabilia etc, are you guys bothering with them? Our hoodie is €30 and I never wear hoodies so I'm not sure if its a waste of money

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Lord Jesus help me, stressssseddddd out!

Also, the school is completely cracking down on 6th years!
    I've had 2 meetings with my principal about my attendance in which I was told not to bother coming to school anymore, and they've given a girl in my year a weeks detention + 2 hours after school on Friday for wearing nail varnish! Yes nail varnish.
    I'm not the only person to have meetings with the principal and loads of people are being reprimanded for no reason!

In all fairness the school is putting more stress and pressure on us than the LC at this stage! You'd think they'd know we have more things to worry about than all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Eathrin wrote: »
    I think everyone knew that...I guess your school was left in the dark:D
    Togepi wrote: »
    But, it says on the paper that the answers have to be in your own words as much as possible... :confused:
    Yeah, it says to put them in your own words Cian so no one was sure :P But the reason it says it in the samples is because they were actual LC papers before and they didnt change it...smart! Then the mocks mixed it up and confused us all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Yeah, it sucked :P Well yeah but I know I cant get it, just cant do maths to A1 standard but ah well :P Ugh I know, its such an achievement :pac:

Also lads, we dont have to manipulate q1-5 in the irish comprehensions, my irish teacher emailed the chief examiner :D So my mock was now an A2 :cool:

well my god, thank you!! My teacher was pushing us to change it, Irish isn't my best language so I hated manipulating! Just copying straight out from now on ;)
    I got 9 B's

Ditto! Doesn't bother me though, I want B's in everything come August, so there's my motivation (which doesn't actually motivate me but... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

AnnaKin wrote: »
    well my god, thank you!! My teacher was pushing us to change it, Irish isn't my best language so I hated manipulating! Just copying straight out from now on ;)

Ditto! Doesn't bother me though, I want B's in everything come August, so there's my motivation (which doesn't actually motivate me but... :o
    Same! I dont mind just changing a verb or something if I can but I always get nervous with rearranging sentences...I can do it, but why risk it if I dont have to :D But yeah tell your teacher that, my teacher has the email so its grand :)

And I want at least B's and a C in maths, but I really want an A1 in French and an A2 or more in English/Geography...B's just wont cut it. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Also lads, we dont have to manipulate q1-5 in the irish comprehensions, my irish teacher emailed the chief examiner :D So my mock was now an A2 :cool:
    PRAISE THE LORD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Chuchoter wrote: »
    The graduation hoodies/memorabilia etc, are you guys bothering with them? Our hoodie is €30 and I never wear hoodies so I'm not sure if its a waste of money

We're getting a choice -any of a tie, cufflinks, t-shirt (with and WITHOUT sleeves), and a ring.

Because we're classy mo-fos.

I'm just getting the tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Just did a mock job interview with Bank of Ireland. Was so happy with it, they were full of praise for me and any negative feedback I can now work on for the real thing.
    I think the best part was when they said they would hire me, that was a great morale boost.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Also lads, we dont have to manipulate q1-5 in the irish comprehensions,

yay.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Anybody change to 48 Go Conquer yet ?

I've a question for you if you have!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I intend to do a good amount of study over easter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

David1994 wrote: »
    I have a mammoth amount to do due to serious procrastination until a month or two ago! I hope it rains all Easter :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭work.inprocess

Why am I getting email updates about this thread..? (No offence but I did my leaving 2 years ago :/)

Why am I getting email updates about this thread..? (No offence but I did my leaving 2 years ago :/)

Repeat for the craic?

Or maybe because you posted back in September

Or maybe just because you get a kick from reading about my struggles and strifes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Just click unfollow thread, no need to panic, it's all. going. to be. just. fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Manic2 wrote: »
    Lord Jesus help me, stressssseddddd out!

Also, the school is completely cracking down on 6th years!
    I've had 2 meetings with my principal about my attendance in which I was told not to bother coming to school anymore, and they've given a girl in my year a weeks detention + 2 hours after school on Friday for wearing nail varnish! Yes nail varnish.
    I'm not the only person to have meetings with the principal and loads of people are being reprimanded for no reason!

In all fairness the school is putting more stress and pressure on us than the LC at this stage! You'd think they'd know we have more things to worry about than all of this.
    I've been told not to bother coming to a particular class anymore. Don't even know why but I might just take them up on the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I wonder why I can't just get one e-mail about this thread, rather than two or three! Does this happen to anyone else? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

Been off sick for the past 3 days and my business teacher sends home a mock paper for me to do. I've to attempt every long question D:

Wesc. wrote: »
    I wonder why I can't just get one e-mail about this thread, rather than two or three! Does this happen to anyone else? :pac:

I choose not to receive e-mails from Boards.
    Else I'd have hundred clogging up my inbox.

In the news, maths mock tomorrow morning. Easter Holidays I think not...

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

How much study are people hoping to do during the easter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I choose not to receive e-mails from Boards.
    Else I'd have hundred clogging up my inbox.

In the news, maths mock tomorrow morning. Easter Holidays I think not...

Travelling to Portlaoise in a 3hour car journey, with my teacher, for the applied maths quiz finale... Easter Holidays I think not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Raeone wrote: »
    There's a supervised study thing running in my school for 7 days spread out over the fortnight. Each day is four hours, so I'm probably gonna be doing a good bit at home! Really haven't done anything up until now! Easter's gonna be some craic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

M&S* wrote: »
    I've been told not to bother coming to a particular class anymore. Don't even know why but I might just take them up on the offer.

Yeah all the staff is becoming butthurt over any kind of messing in 6th year around this time of year. A lot of the time it's beneficial if you're trying to work away and there are people just being a nuisance but sometimes teachers just go OTT !
    David1994 wrote: »

Same. Think everyone is. 3 oral exams right after Easter. 2 Oral exams on the same day for me. Ouch.
    barbarians wrote: »
    Anybody change to 48 Go Conquer yet ?

I've a question for you if you have!

I have :) I really can't complain [so far]. Coverage has been ok for me so far (basically O2 coverage) and you get great value for money. Like who else even remotely does free calls & txts for ten yoyos a month? I only have it for about a week but I do recommend it from what it's been like so far for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've made a study timetable( my classes are 1 hour) I'm aiming to do 6hours a day and some extra if I have the energy to. I made a timetable which is basically kind of my college timetable then added subjects in to get all subjects done.
    I added all activities I'd do throughout the day. Im going to make another list for each subject of what I want to cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm doing 10 hours a day. The library and cheap energy drinks will be my best friends.

This is reminding me of the scene in HP5 where Ernie MacMillan is going "On a bad weekend, I'll do nine, but if I get up early during the week I can get seven, as well as my classes."

Not much. Holidays are holidays for me, rest time.
    I may sort some folders out, might get some French oral practice in, but I don't know how any of you could possibly be working during the holidays! I know its LC year and all but I've never done work during a break, I just don't get the drive or motivation. It's too easy to just muck about for a couple of weeks.
    We spend enough time in school anyway, you can grant me my break:pac:

With regards to French, does anybody want to set up a video chat at some stage during Easter, treat it as another mock maybe or just practice some?
    I'm not pushed either way but it was mentioned here before and seemed like an alright idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I'll be doing 24 hours study a day for the next two weeks.......

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

With regards to French, does anybody want to set up a video chat at some stage during Easter, treat it as another mock maybe or just practice some?
    I'm not pushed either way but it was mentioned here before and seemed like an alright idea.

YES. Also Irish, if anyone else is interested? We can set up a tinychat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I've been meaning to bring up the chat for orals for a while, it could be good. I need to practice over the holidays anyway, it's just so much harder to do it outside school!

And yeah, Irish would be great too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    I'll be doing 24 hours study a day for the next two weeks.......

Keep us posted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement