Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

SeanMadd wrote: »
    Exact same with me. I just sit at my desk with endless amounts of notes around me trying to piece together a good essay :rolleyes: Maybe if I want to improve I should do my own work? :eek: :rolleyes:

The notes I have are quite useful and there like answers to every question in the past paper. It takes me ages to write my own notes and most of the time I won't remember so I think questions would be easier. Then writing my own notes I end up not having time to study other areas as theres just too much to write.

I need 4 B1s in all my highers. In my report I passed everything but around C's and I think one D. I need a B1 in english. I find I keep getting around C1 or B3 in the essays I do. I still use my book writing Hamlet essays, I'm going to try and learn all the soliloquies and other quotes for each theme and same for poetry. The other subjects I just need to keep writing the answer and just understand the marking scheme.
    I always wonder if I'm studying correctly, I think I just need to remember to keep reviewing so it'll stay in the long term memory .

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I feel you, I'm so impatient and irritable these days with everyone! I don't mind my year terribly, I'm just desperate for a few new faces. And a new girlfriend to boot, so sick of being single :P

Feel the same way and most of my year everyones formed there own groups and just tend to stick to them so you don't communicate with others outside the group really. The guys aren't too bad though . Lol it is boring single but isn't it easier during the lc that way then you just have yourself to focus on . Theres always college to look forward for and more people to meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Does anyone else despise their year group as much as I do? (Only two or so months left of having to see these scrotes everyday!)

Absolutely hate most people in my year too :P and everyone hates me in return!
    I hope I will have the last laugh when I get the best Leaving Cert in my year! :P (I really want to :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Absolutely hate most people in my year too :P and everyone hates me in return!
    I hope I will have the last laugh when I get the best Leaving Cert in my year! :P (I really want to :o)
    Exactly! And while I definately wont be getting the best in my year in the LC, I'll certainly do a hell of a lot better than those wasters :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I got on very well with all of the Leaving Certs last year but I'm not as fond of this year. I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate them, but I really don't like most of them. :P They're awful bitchy compared to my old year to be honest. Some of them are the soundest people ever, but the rest... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Is anyone doing the Easter Revision course in the Institute this week? I'm going by myself for the Irish course and I've a terrible feeling I'll know no one there :(

Is anyone doing the Easter Revision course in the Institute this week? I'm going by myself for the Irish course and I've a terrible feeling I'll know no one there :(

I did the christmas one but not for irish. I went on my own . Most were by themselves but there were others that went with people. You won't be the only by yourself, it'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

You'll be grand, I went for Economics at Christmas and was on my own. Tbh, you're there for a week of intense grinds, not to make friends! :P Nobody was pally pally with me but no-one really was bitchy either!

You'll be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

My sister dropped my phone and broke the screen :( my lovely new phone :( I have only had it for 2 weeks :( fml :(

You'll be grand, I went for Economics at Christmas and was on my own. Tbh, you're there for a week of intense grinds, not to make friends! :P Nobody was pally pally with me but no-one really was bitchy either!

You'll be fine!

I went to economics too :). I have like 30 pages of written notes from all the writing in the class , I still need to sort them out I've only sorted out the handout notes as I use them the most. I thought the guy was a great teacher quite helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I did loads of work today! Those samples in edco chem papers are brilliant, all the little figety things you forget about.

17597779.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

Who has an "Easter plan" that they'd like to share with me? I need to make one asap D:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Plan for today is at least start doing all the business exam questions...

...I'll start later :rolleyes:

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Plan for today is at least start doing all the business exam questions...

...I'll start later :rolleyes:

My plan also except with a mock paper ;) Im actually sick of doing business questions. We've nearly every paper up to 2005/4 covered, except we've only done like 3 ABQs :rolleyes:

My plan also except with a mock paper ;) Im actually sick of doing business questions. We've nearly every paper up to 2005/4 covered, except we've only done like 3 ABQs :rolleyes:
    Ah yeah, might do my mock one too :P Are they repetitive? I dont seem to have too many done, a few badly done in 5th year that I'll just fix up. All we do is ABQs! :L I have about 13 done on units 4/5/6...

Ah yeah, might do my mock one too :P Are they repetitive? I dont seem to have too many done, a few badly done in 5th year that I'll just fix up. All we do is ABQs! :L I have about 13 done on units 4/5/6...

Yeah kinda. I didn't realise it only last week we had a test on all past long Q1's and the sale and supply of goods act came up I dunno how many times! We got a 2008 mock paper for Easter and have to do every long question D: I better get an A1 with the effort I'm putting in! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Well last night was a massive waste of time and effort. Can't wait to meet up with a new crowd in college :D ..... if I get that far :o

Yeah kinda. I didn't realise it only last week we had a test on all past long Q1's and the sale and supply of goods act came up I dunno how many times! We got a 2008 mock paper for Easter and have to do every long question D: I better get an A1 with the effort I'm putting in! ;)
    Handy! :D Oh man D: I wouldnt be doing the mock ones til after I do all the LC ones :P An A1 in business would be soooooo nice and with all the choice sure how hard could it be! The marking scheme is evil though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Lads how to you say 'well' in French, as in the conversation filler like 'well, on Saturdays I go shopping with my friends'.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Lads how to you say 'well' in French, as in the conversation filler like 'well, on Saturdays I go shopping with my friends'.

Alors.... say the "urrr" sound longer if you're thinking that's what I do :)

• Advertisement

Handy! :D Oh man D: I wouldnt be doing the mock ones til after I do all the LC ones :P An A1 in business would be soooooo nice and with all the choice sure how hard could it be! The marking scheme is evil though :P

I know it's such a balls :P They have like a page of an answer for something that only needs to be a paragraph! How did you do in the mocks? I think I could have managed an A2 if I had properly read and picked better questions :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

You could say 'ben' as well (like bien without the i basically)

"Eh bien" is what I say!

I only got like 3 hours done today I planned to do 6 but decided to stop as it's a sunday and I'll try and do much more tomorrow.
    I just did a regional geography question ,2 economic questions and a business abq I got confused halfway through. I only half understand how to do the abq I can't always find an example for each point :S.

I only got like 3 hours done today I planned to do 6 but decided to stop as it's a sunday and I'll try and do much more tomorrow.
    I just did a regional geography question ,2 economic questions and a business abq I got confused halfway through. I only half understand how to do the abq I can't always find an example for each point :S.

I only got a German paper done and gave up after that :D I need to organise something for the next 2 weeks :/

Who has an "Easter plan" that they'd like to share with me? I need to make one asap D:

My plan is to do 6 hours everyday an hour for each subjects and try to do two questions within that hour. I usually check how much time the question is supposed to take beforehand . Usually if it's english I'll add more time but generally study all the subjects . I might do more than 6 but thats my minimum amount that I have to do . I have a list of what I want to cover for each of the subjects too.

My plan is to do 6 hours everyday an hour for each subjects and try to do two questions within that hour. I usually check how much time the question is supposed to take beforehand . Usually if it's english I'll add more time but generally study all the subjects . I might do more than 6 but thats my minimum amount that I have to do . I have a list of what I want to cover for each of the subjects too.

Yeah I was thinking of a subject a day, but then again I'd probably die of boredom from doing one subject all day :rolleyes: I'll go with your way so! Are you going to focus more on orals and the end of the 2 weeks or just keep going with your routine? and what subjects have you?

I only got a German paper done and gave up after that :D I need to organise something for the next 2 weeks :/

I think any sort of study on a Sunday is good . Sundays are so hard to study on. I only did so I wouldn't have did anything an as it was boring plus I'd blocked most websites on my laptop lol.

Yeah I was thinking of a subject a day, but then again I'd probably die of boredom from doing one subject all day :rolleyes: I'll go with your way so! Are you going to focus more on orals and the end of the 2 weeks or just keep going with your routine? and what subjects have you?

I would do one subject a day but I find I lose my focus if I stay with one subject for too long and I get bored. I do English , maths, French , economics, geography, business.
    I'm planning practice the oral maybe 2/3 times a week and might see my cousin to help me as shes studying French. I probably should download the oral cd to my ipod as well. I'm not too good at the oral or even the aural I'm better at the writing or comprehensions.
    At the end of the 2 weeks I'll probably go back to my other timetable I have for in college but make sure I study french a few times that week. I really hate languages so it's such an effort lol. I'm just determined to make sure this oral is much better than my last one.

• Advertisement

I know it's such a balls :P They have like a page of an answer for something that only needs to be a paragraph! How did you do in the mocks? I think I could have managed an A2 if I had properly read and picked better questions :/
    Oh, I think thats just the range of answers theyll accept, isnt it? :eek: Heh, I got a B3, lowest result besides my HC3 in maths so it wasnt counted anyway :P But I was honestly expecting a D with all my waffling - I really need to do exam q's, I couldnt relate my knowledge to the questions and did extra ones and ended up kinda half assing them all! How'd you do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement