Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

I would do one subject a day but I find I lose my focus if I stay with one subject for too long and I get bored. I do English , maths, French , economics, geography, business.
    I'm planning practice the oral maybe 2/3 times a week and might see my cousin to help me as shes studying French. I probably should download the oral cd to my ipod as well. I'm not too good at the oral or even the aural I'm better at the writing or comprehensions.
    At the end of the 2 weeks I'll probably go back to my other timetable I have for in college but make sure I study french a few times that week. I really hate languages so it's such an effort lol. I'm just determined to make sure this oral is much better than my last one.

Yeah me too, although I'll probably devote some days fully to English and Art as I've a few essays to do. My plan is going to get a little muddled though 'cos I'm going to the Gaeltacht next week and don't know if I'll be able to study there or not, but still it will help the aul irish oral ;) Really? I quite like languages and really should have picked up French when I was in TY but oh well. I'm better at writing too and oral, my aural is just.. meh :rolleyes: So I've put irish/german cds onto my ipod and hope it will improve if I listen to them often.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Oh, I think thats just the range of answers theyll accept, isnt it? :eek: Heh, I got a B3, lowest result besides my HC3 in maths so it wasnt counted anyway :P But I was honestly expecting a D with all my waffling - I really need to do exam q's, I couldnt relate my knowledge to the questions and did extra ones and ended up kinda half assing them all! How'd you do?

I'm not sure, I mean they seem to be just one continuous answer, not split into sections and stuff? I wish they'd accept key words like Biology :rolleyes: Yeah well I guess it shows you can waffle in Business! I got a B1, but I probably would've done better if I saw Q7, which I knew quite well :/ Absolute eejit I am rushing through the paper and not turning the page to see that there was a Q7, but why would they have Q6 on a page with a s-load of space underneath and then but the other and the page after?! But yes, I am that stupid, not turning the page :pac::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

SeanMadd wrote: »
    Yeah me too, although I'll probably devote some days fully to English and Art as I've a few essays to do. My plan is going to get a little muddled though 'cos I'm going to the Gaeltacht next week and don't know if I'll be able to study there or not, but still it will help the aul irish oral ;) Really? I quite like languages and really should have picked up French when I was in TY but oh well. I'm better at writing too and oral, my aural is just.. meh :rolleyes: So I've put irish/german cds onto my ipod and hope it will improve if I listen to them often.

I have a lot of Hamlet essays to do myself. I have notes from my teacher I just need to print them out then write them into an essay . I'm not always sure of the layout. I enjoy poetry in english so I might do another Plath essay aswell as others I plan to do.
    I think I probably don't like French because I always seem to get teachers that are either terrible or boring . Although I've had two good teachers in the past in my last school. Yeah I can't understand anything in the French aural and it's multiple choice so I most often put random letters as I can't understand the French accent with them speaking too fast. The oral I just don't like the idea of speaking French and trying to do the accent. I like Spanish. I haven't had to learn Irish so I'm not sure how I would've been with that. what subjects are you doing? I have a french channel on my tv maybe I'll try watching it.

I have a lot of Hamlet essays to do myself. I have notes from my teacher I just need to print them out then write them into an essay . I'm not always sure of the layout. I enjoy poetry in english so I might do another Plath essay aswell as others I plan to do.
    I think I probably don't like French because I always seem to get teachers that are either terrible or boring . Although I've had two good teachers in the past in my last school. Yeah I can't understand anything in the French aural and it's multiple choice so I most often put random letters as I can't understand the French accent with them speaking too fast. The oral I just don't like the idea of speaking French and trying to do the accent. I like Spanish. I haven't had to learn Irish so I'm not sure how I would've been with that. what subjects are you doing? I have a french channel on my tv maybe I'll try watching it.

I'm the opposite I love putting on accents ;) Haha! Yeah I'm hoping to do Spanish in college, broaden my horizons 'n crap :rolleyes: English, Irish, Maths, Biology, Business, German and Art.

I'm the opposite I love putting on accents ;) Haha! Yeah I'm hoping to do Spanish in college, broaden my horizons 'n crap :rolleyes: English, Irish, Maths, Biology, Business, German and Art.

I don't mind the Spanish accent the French is just hard to do and I sound like a idiot I end up sounding English when I'm doing the French accent. Are you just hoping studying Spanish by itself?

• Advertisement

I don't mind the Spanish accent the French is just hard to do and I sound like a idiot I end up sounding English when I'm doing the French accent. Are you just hoping studying Spanish by itself?

When I do a French accent I like to say "Ooooohh baguette" :rolleyes: Ah no Commerce and Spanish ;) Hope I'm not making a mistake with my not-so-big interest in maths :pac: Wbu?

When I do a French accent I like to say "Ooooohh baguette" :rolleyes: Ah now Commerce and Spanish ;) Hope I'm not making a mistake with my not-so-big interest in maths :pac: Wbu?

Haha you must be good at the accent . Is Commerce like a Business sort of course? I thinking of Business Information Systems , my course in dcu if I go there has maths for the first year and nci has it for 2 years so I'm stuck with maths :( I'm starting to accept the fact maths just will always be a part of my life lol. Hoping I'll get the grades I need for my first choice .

Haha you must be good at the accent . Is Commerce like a Business sort of course? I thinking of Business Information Systems , my course in dcu if I go there has maths for the first year and nci has it for 2 years so I'm stuck with maths :( I'm starting to accept the fact maths just will always be a part of my life lol. Hoping I'll get the grades I need for my first choice .

Yeah! Oh I have business info. systems down too.. can't remember where though! I'm not sure if I can give up maths after year 1 or whatever, haven't fully read about the course :rolleyes: But I don't mind as long as it's not project maths BS.

Yeah! Oh I have business info. systems down too.. can't remember where though! I'm not sure if I can give up maths after year 1 or whatever, haven't fully read about the course :rolleyes: But I don't mind as long as it's not project maths BS.

I have it down only for nci then the dcu version called computer enterprise. I applied a few in england too so I have a couple there. Yeah project maths is confusing I've only had this part of the year to learn it. Everytime I look at some of the questions I get confused. Some of the answers seem random too. I hate those little boxes we need to write in. I miss last years paper 2 :(. As long as I get a c3 in maths thats all I need but projects maths I can't seem to grasp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I'm not sure, I mean they seem to be just one continuous answer, not split into sections and stuff? I wish they'd accept key words like Biology :rolleyes: Yeah well I guess it shows you can waffle in Business! I got a B1, but I probably would've done better if I saw Q7, which I knew quite well :/ Absolute eejit I am rushing through the paper and not turning the page to see that there was a Q7, but why would they have Q6 on a page with a s-load of space underneath and then but the other and the page after?! But yes, I am that stupid, not turning the page :pac::rolleyes:
    Hmm, where do you find that? My teacher gives us the folens solutions which have maybe 8 points made where any 4 or 5 is acceptable, and the marking scheme always just seems to give guidelines, not answers.

It really is waffle-able haha :P I think the same thing! I'm always like hey wheres the last question...then I find it :pac:

• Advertisement

What time is everyone waking up at tomorrow? to begin study???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

What time is everyone waking up at tomorrow? to begin study???

You mean, you plan on sleeping during the break?? Pfft, amateur... :P

Seriously though, I'll probably get up at nine, all going well. :cool:

Togepi wrote: »
    You mean, you plan on sleeping during the break?? Pfft, amateur... :P

Seriously though, I'll probably get up at nine, all going well. :cool:

Haha of course you have to sleep to be able to do more hours the next day.
    Yeah I'll probably wake up 9 and begin at 9.30. It didn't work at the weekend when I tried to wake up early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I was going to get up around ten to study, now I'm going shopping instead >_>
    Going on a mystery tour with my year on Tuesday night but I will make myself study

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Haha of course you have to sleep to be able to do more hours the next day.
    Yeah I'll probably wake up 9 and begin at 9.30. It didn't work at the weekend when I tried to wake up early.

Ah yeah, I won't be too strict tomorrow, so if I don't get up 'til ten I'm not bothered. After that though I'll be up at half eight or nine every weekday.

Togepi wrote: »
    Ah yeah, I won't be too strict tomorrow, so if I don't get up 'til ten I'm not bothered. After that though I'll be up at half eight or nine every weekday.

Yeah as long as I do a good amount of hours and get what I want covered.
    i don't want to mess up my sleeping pattern either I won't be waking up at like 12 or anything. I think I'll make one of my last nights out this week and thats it but I'll still force myself to study the next day.

I have it down only for nci then the dcu version called computer enterprise. I applied a few in england too so I have a couple there. Yeah project maths is confusing I've only had this part of the year to learn it. Everytime I look at some of the questions I get confused. Some of the answers seem random too. I hate those little boxes we need to write in. I miss last years paper 2 :(. As long as I get a c3 in maths thats all I need but projects maths I can't seem to grasp.

I think we all hate those little square boxes :(
    Hmm, where do you find that? My teacher gives us the folens solutions which have maybe 8 points made where any 4 or 5 is acceptable, and the marking scheme always just seems to give guidelines, not answers.

It really is waffle-able haha :P I think the same thing! I'm always like hey wheres the last question...then I find it :pac:

Well I'm just assuming, like I don't know. God. The marking scheme? :rolleyes:

Does anyone else do German here?

I think we all hate those little square boxes :(

I was thinking I could just use the normal paper but it turns out you're not allowed :rolleyes:. Did you do a paper 2 mock? I only did the paper 1 and not the paper 2 I'm not sure where I stand . I have to complete 2 full paper over the easter it's just very confusing apart from the statistic type questions.

The business marking scheme is so snakey, I always end up wasting time doing papers agonising over what the difference between 'discuss' and 'describe' is. And trying to work out whether 20 marks is 5 points at 4 marks each, or 4 points at 5 marks each...then it turns out that it was 3 points a 6.6666 marks or something stupid like that

Well I'm just assuming, like I don't know. God. The marking scheme? :rolleyes:
    The marking scheme, for the years I've looked at anyway, only gives guidelines like '3 @ 5 marks each' :pac:

Namlub wrote: »
    The business marking scheme is so snakey, I always end up wasting time doing papers agonising over what the difference between 'discuss' and 'describe' is. And trying to work out whether 20 marks is 5 points at 4 marks each, or 4 points at 5 marks each...then it turns out that it was 3 points a 6.6666 marks or something stupid like that
    Ugh I know! Think the worst had to be an ABQ I did - it might have been made by Folens though, rather than the SEC, but a 30 mark sub part was 3 @ 10 marks each :confused:

• Advertisement

I was thinking I could just use the normal paper but it turns out you're not allowed :rolleyes:. Did you do a paper 2 mock? I only did the paper 1 and not the paper 2 I'm not sure where I stand . I have to complete 2 full paper over the easter it's just very confusing apart from the statistic type questions.

No I did two Paper 2's for my mocks, and was meant to have a Paper 1 mocks last thursday but I was out sick :D Yeah I hate statistics but the questions were actually grand!

Do get me started on 'evaluate' :mad: Just hate making points then having to basically say it again in a paragraph! It's like a conclusion to an english essay!

The marking scheme, for the years I've looked at anyway, only gives guidelines like '3 @ 5 marks each' :pac:

Yeah but did you not scroll down to the bottom where there's answers, like paragraphs?

Yeah but did you not scroll down to the bottom where there's answers, like paragraphs?
    I never knew they were there, I assumed they'd put it under the actual questions...seems a little odd :P I'll go have a look now :D

Speaking of business, my teacher gave us the short questions from an old pre exam to do but there are terms that don't appear anywhere in my textbook and this is worrying...like even if I knew the whole book off by heart I couldn't define 'product portfolio' or 'product positioning' or 'thought showering' because they're not in it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Yup, I do :)

Yeah the verbs do confuse me from time to time , business can be marked quite hard sometimes.
    I think you just have to try and judge by the question.
    Also I heard if you write down teamwork when asked for the HRM functions you won't get marked for it and the guy at the course said we shouldn't write it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Yup, I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've spent the last two days doing business. Unit 4 will kill me.

Going to the library tomorrow, I've made a massive list of things that I'll do over Easter, I've a 7 day timetable worked out, though I haven't labelled it because if I do I won't do it :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

leaveiton wrote: »

Damn I should've put a smiley face too. :L

• Advertisement

leaveiton wrote: »

Finally ;) All the language discussions seemed to be French people all the time.
    finality wrote: »
    Damn I should've put a smiley face too. :L

Unfriendly yoke :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement