Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Anyone do Spanish at all?? Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

David1994 wrote: »

I wish I did I had done it for two years in another school along with French. I was planning on dropping French then the school only did French lol. I know one person who does Spanish. I love Spanish :).
    My school only did French and German and most people chose French . I thought German looked hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I actually love German, I'm so glad I chose it in first year because I don't think I'd be anywhere near as good at French. I only started really liking German last year for some reason. Anyone else absolutely love the grammar question? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I do! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

finality wrote: »
    I actually love German, I'm so glad I chose it in first year because I don't think I'd be anywhere near as good at French. I only started really liking German last year for some reason. Anyone else absolutely love the grammar question? :P

You're a freak. The grammar question?! Ughh! Well, just relative pronouns, the part with masculine/nominative/plural etc. isn't so bad. But still.. freak ;)

• Advertisement

Flabangav wrote: »
    I do! :)

Yay! We are two of few I think haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'd love if we had the option to do both French and German in my school. I do French and I love it, but I actually think German is beautiful too, much nicer than Spanish or Italian!

How much study is everyone doing? I'm doing 4/5 hours a day starting today. I could be doing more but idc about lc anymroe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'd love if we had the option to do both French and German in my school. I do French and I love it, but I actually think German is beautiful too, much nicer than Spanish or Italian!

How much study is everyone doing? I'm doing 4/5 hours a day starting today. I could be doing more but idc about lc anymroe

I thought German was meant to be easy to learn, but beautiful? It sounds really harsh to me! Gaeilge is beautiful:D

I have all the things I want completed written out for each subject and I am probably going to do anything from 4-7 hours :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I did 6 yesterday, doing 8 today and going to try keep it at 8.

• Advertisement

Nooo Italian is way nicer! That's the attitude I'm also going for! ;) I honestly don't know where to start and I've so much English to do but I'm avoiding it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

My Phys/Chem homework alone adds up to me doing an entire exam paper every day for the next fourteen days. :( And I have to do stuff for the orals, work on English loads and then find time for Maths and DCG so I don't end up failing either of them. I seriously need to get into a proper routine fast if I'm to have a hope of getting half all that done!

Going to try to do four hours of homework/study today and then hopefully build on that every day for the rest of the so-called 'break'. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

One of the big things I'm looking forward to next year is the time to learn another language. I love learning languages so much but obvs no time, i'd like to try out spanish and italian

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Chuchoter wrote: »

This makes me feel so bad! I should be doing something at least, it seems everybody here is putting in hours and hours:eek:.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Chuchoter wrote: »

This makes me feel so bad! I should be doing something at least, it seems everybody here is putting in hours and hours:eek:.

Please don't, it's making me feel better about doing little :P

Pre results came home today and at this point in time are irrelevant :/ I know where Im at but parents will probably think I am doin badly.Grr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

K, I just tidied my study for the first time ever, so I'm gonna go for the four hours of super-fun study now... Can't wait it's gonna be such craic! :D

I wish I could learn Spanish or Italian I like the way it sounds. German looks hard. Does German have different tenses?

I'm aiming for 6 a day and any other extra hours I do are optional .
    I feel like I have so much to do. I should start taking away my books soon maybe the beginning of next week. I still find I need to use my books to get a perfect answer.

Am I the only one still using theirs?

or I could write the answer then check and correct what I've done.

Pre results came home today and at this point in time are irrelevant :/ I know where Im at but parents will probably think I am doin badly.Grr...

I didn't do mocks but I had other class tesst I got my report although everyone thinks I done well I think otherwise as I only c1/c2 then a D in maths and economics aiming for B1s in those hopefully I can bring my grades up. Apart from maths I need a c3 then French at least pass it is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

4 hours done already today. Am gonna spend the next hour finalising my music practical pieces and going over them. Then I'm gonna take a break, maybe play a bit of x-box or something, then do another three or four hours this evening! The only thing that's keeping me sane right now is the fact that in under 3 months this will all be behind me :o

• Advertisement

Just did an hour and I wanted to cry so I'm taking an hour's break now. Why am I so demotivated :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

Did like 5 hours and it wasn't too bad...but maths...omg

Finally finished my Hamlet essay D: Hate that bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Done 2 and a half hours so far, feel like I've been at it for weeks already but not doing too badly! Aiming for 8 hours today so gotta keep the head down (on boards rolleyes.gif)!
    Just did an hour and I wanted to cry so I'm taking an hour's break now. Why am I so demotivated :(

How'd you get on in your French mock? I love French too, it just sounds so nice :P plus you feel smart when you speak it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I did french for jc and i kinda wished i kept in on for lc too but i kinda get why loads of people do it :) its a very beautiful language and it sounds lovely when its spoken :) but i think german is a pretty language too even though most people dont think it is! I think part of the problem is , that it isnt offered as a subject in a school or something. In my school we had to keep on french and german was optional :( kinda sucks like

Yeah in my school we had to do French and German for the JC. I always wanted to do German anyway though :p Absolutely hated French, I was good at it but it just didn't appeal to me at all, it's too nice and flowy. I like the structure of German. Plus it's fecking hilarious! :L

Done 2 and a half hours so far, feel like I've been at it for weeks already but not doing too badly! Aiming for 8 hours today so gotta keep the head down (on boards rolleyes.gif)!

How'd you get on in your French mock? I love French too, it just sounds so nice :P plus you feel smart when you speak it!

I got a B1. Hopefully I'll get that up to an A1 by June! I want to do French and German next year :)

I got a B1. Hopefully I'll get that up to an A1 by June! I want to do French and German next year :)

Same as! But my oral wasn't marked in time for Easter, and (I think) I did class. Ah well :p We've our proper oral the first day back after Easter :pac: Awh cool! through Arts/Linguistics or what? Linguistics was what I wanted to do for ages, it's so interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I did 6 hours today, I don't think i'm able to do any more! I started at 9 this morning so i'm gonna try and start at 8 tomorrow morning and i'll get more done!

I did 6 hours today, I don't think i'm able to do any more! I started at 9 this morning so i'm gonna try and start at 8 tomorrow morning and i'll get more done!

Fair play! I should do the same thing, that way I wouldn't have to be studying from 12 in the morning 'til 12 at night (with breaks :P) to get the same result..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I haven't even been awake 6 hours.
    Study today: 0 hours
    I am going to pass my leaving cert! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement