Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

awesome just stood on a broken wine glass after my friends 18th. The cup of the glass was missing so it was just the stem standing upright. went straight through my runner and foot like a knife through butter, you would not believe the amount of blood....... Spent the night in stVincents with surgeons trying to extract a shard of glass lodged deep in my foots soft tissue. In the end, they decided it was too deep to remove without major surgery, so they decided to leave the glass, as they reckon its too small to be a threat... so crutfches and bandages and antibiotics for 2 weeks.....

so yeah, thats gonna make school a pain in the ass for the next while.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Not 18 till 25th May :(
    You're even younger than me! :P
    awesome just stood on a broken wine glass after my friends 18th. The cup of the glass was missing so it was just the stem standing upright. went straight through my runner and foot like a knife through butter, you would not believe the amount of blood....... Spent the night in stVincents with surgeons trying to extract a shard of glass lodged deep in my foots soft tissue. In the end, they decided it was too deep to remove without major surgery, so they decided to leave the glass, as they reckon its too small to be a threat... so crutfches and bandages and antibiotics for 2 weeks.....

That's horrible luck. The **** thing about this year is that the work has to be done no matter what, before being sick or whatever was basically a break from school etc. but now it just hinders your studying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Holy crap! Mind yourself :/

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

Ouucchhhhhhh!

18 on October 21st! :D

You may laugh now, but who'll be laughing when you're all in retirement homes and we young'uns are still zooming around on our mobility scooters >: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ClaireBearBoat

Ouucchhhhhhh!

18 on October 21st! :D

18 on October 20th :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Beer, beer, beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

Holy shít! :O That sounds unbelievably painful, get well soon man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I shouldnt be feeling hungover this soon after coming fome a pary...chitsy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

18 on the 31st December! BIG New Years Plans in store! :D.. And it's a Saturday! Double woop!.

Was up at NUI Galway yesterday and I was kinda let down to be honest!. I went to the Law talk, Children Studies/Human rights, Creative writing and Archaeology/Geography. I thought they were all good apart from the Creative writing one, I thought the lecturer was sooo boring so that's definitely one checked off my list!.

The lecturers and students all seemed really nice (The Business Information Systems guys especially) but was anyone else discouraged by the actual campus?. I thought it was a tad spread out and kinda dirty in places.. It seemed really dark and dreary around the Library when you go up the steps and that, I wasn't too impressed.. And ffs Corrib Village I thought was disgraceful!!. It's nearly 5 grand a year and the houses are disgusting!.

Thinking of taking NUI Galway off the list completley now, NUI Maynooth and Trinity I hope live up to expectations!.

Went up at the 7.30 train yesterday so had to be up at 5.45, have to go to mass etc. this morning and still have no homework/study really attempted :(.. We have a French test on 50 phrases about giving your opinion (J'adhere totalment avec ce point de vue que) etc. on Tuesday and they're going to be a bitch...

RANT OVER...

:D anyone have a good weekend?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Should've had a Boards.ie GTG at NUIG. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

18 on Feb 21st! ...2013 :P

I had a ****e weekend, it rained and no one would come out :P I'm going to town with my sister in a bit though....twin bonding wooooo :P I got a geography revision book on Friday, highlight of my weekend, I hope everyone else had a better three days than that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

We're heading to ''An Triail'' in Galway on Tuesday. Anyone here going? UL, L.I.T. and Mary I open days on the 14th October I think :D Looking forward to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

13spanner wrote: »
    We're heading to ''An Triail'' in Galway on Tuesday. Anyone here going? UL, L.I.T. and Mary I open days on the 14th October I think :D Looking forward to that!

Was at the An Triail play in galway last year, was good enough however we got a new teacher this year and he decided to switch to a different story :O

Was at the An Triail play in galway last year, was good enough however we got a new teacher this year and he decided to switch to a different story :O

We started 'An Trial' last year and now we got a new teacher and she wants us to 'A Thig ná Tit orm" :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Thats ridiculous, why wouldnt you just keep with the same story? o_o

We're going to see it after the midterm in a school nearby, I only miss like 3 classes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Whats 'An Trial' ?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Absolutely no motivation to do my english poets question lads...

I've got an English comprehension, a French comprehension and 3 Chemistry exam questions for homework and a Biology test tomorrow on two chapters. I have no motivation at all to start, and my friends wanna meet up later too. How the fùck am I actually gonna get it all done?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I've got an English comprehension, a French comprehension and 3 Chemistry exam questions for homework and a Biology test tomorrow on two chapters. I have no motivation at all to start, and my friends wanna meet up later too. How the fùck am I actually gonna get it all done?

Leave the homework their to fcuk and meet up with your friends! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭icedtea

Economics test tomorrow, think I'm going to go with f**k this s**t ad go out :P

I have to have most of my LCVP portfolio done by Friday. Seriously FML.. How long are yere work experience diarys? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

13spanner wrote: »
    18 on the 8th November. Not too bad.

We have the same birthday! :)
    Should've had a Boards.ie GTG at NUIG. :(

UCD!! The Saturday!!

UCD!! The Saturday!!

UCC this saturday anyone? :)

Starting the homework in 3 minutes, gonna do two hours, then take a shower and go out for two hours. I might do another hour when I get home. Don't really care whether I get it finished

Edit: Why double post?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Whats 'An Trial' ?? :confused:
    An Triail is an irish play that most people doing higher level irish study? :p
    UCC this saturday anyone? :)

Yeah more than likely will head out there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I have to have most of my LCVP portfolio done by Friday. Seriously FML.. How long are yere work experience diarys? :confused:

I have to finish my work diary aswel, im only starting day 3 and haven't a clue what to write :(

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    I have to finish my work diary aswel, im only starting day 3 and haven't a clue what to write :(

We did three days work, so it ended up being about 5 pages :o

• Advertisement

The joys of not doing LCVP :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement