Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

My school's doing study days, so I'm in from 9 - 3:45 every day this week just studying (Plus breaks). It's really helpful, so already today I've gotten 6 hours done, which is more than anything I've done so far this year combined :pac:

Got 3 chapters of business fully learned (The business VS household ones with the taxes and insurances and all), 2 ABQ's, some geometry and that's it. I feel like I've done so little though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

Togepi wrote: »
    K, I just tidied my study for the first time ever, so I'm gonna go for the four hours of super-fun study now... Can't wait it's gonna be such craic! :D

Love your enthusiasm lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Si estudio espanol tambien!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Love your enthusiasm lol

I wish it was actual enthusiasm rather than sarcasm... :rolleyes: :P

I've nearly gotten an hour done. Maths just makes me want give up straight away when I don't get it. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Random question but does anyone know if Supervalu take licences as id?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Si estudio espanol tambien!

If you study Spanish tambourine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

Maths just makes me want give up straight away when I don't get it. :cool:

Yeah well I gave up after like half an hour of algebra shíte. I hate maths with a PASSION.

Yeah well I gave up after like half an hour of algebra shíte. I hate maths with a PASSION.

I'm still struggling away with my algebra questions... I've just revised the topic and I still find it almost impossible. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Is there many from here considering TCD next year? I'm totally unsure about going, i've never been to the College or that so i'm shocking confused about what I want to do! Business, Economics and Sociology (BESS) would be what i'd like to do, with the intention of Teaching Business after College. I'm just unsure about the whole idea of the 'pretentious' people (not saying they are) that go to TCD. Is this really the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Spending 7 hours in school today was so much fun :D not.

• Advertisement

Is there many from here considering TCD next year?

No one in my school ever applies to Trinity, I think I'd nearly be disowned by my mates if I went. I've no intention of going because there's no course that interests me there, but still, I don't see what's so bad about it. I think most people I know just think it's really snobby.. I dunno, it doesn't seem that awful to me but whatever!

Is my school just weird, or are there any others like that??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Is there many from here considering TCD next year? I'm totally unsure about going, i've never been to the College or that so i'm shocking confused about what I want to do! Business, Economics and Sociology (BESS) would be what i'd like to do, with the intention of Teaching Business after College. I'm just unsure about the whole idea of the 'pretentious' people (not saying they are) that go to TCD. Is this really the case?

I know a lot of my friends who went to private schools would only consider going to Trinity as they feel it has more class.
    Now obviously not everybody that goes to TCD is pretentious, far from it, that would just be stereotyping, but from experience I know people who go there tend to believe that their university is indisputably superior to anyone else's and they are superior students as a result.
    For some reason they think that they are on the top of Irish education, even though the points for getting in wouldn't be dramatically different to UCD, UCC, NUIG, DCU etc. In fact UCD has the highest demand in Ireland on the CAO form.

For me it's about the course first of all and then various other things come into play. I'm from Dublin so my uni will be in Dublin, I have to like the campus and I want a large amount of facilities. Prestige doesn't really bother me so if TCD want to regain top spot in demand they have to make improvements and can't just rely on that so called prestige.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

There's no course that I want that includes a language - they're all law/business/commerce/journalism degrees, but I'm kind of arty so that doesn't really mix with languages at all. :( If I was doing Arts I'd do French, another language, and probably English and Psychology or some other subject. But I'd have to give up on the arty stuff if I did that so it's hard to decide! (Especially when I don't know if I'd like the career I'd be likely to have after doing languages.)

I think in Trinity there's a course with computer science with a language? If that interests you... Personally I'll be doing mathematical science but a diploma in French in the evening :D

Namlub wrote: »
    Random question but does anyone know if Supervalu take licences as id?

Yes, well for me anyway :cool: Although yer man didn't look anything at all like me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I don't think so. TBH I think most of it is people from other colleges who originally wanted to go to TCD being bitter. I don't think its anymore pretentious than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

God Trinity :rolleyes:

Should come with a warning when you put it on your CAO

Oh my gawd, it's loike the best college.

Wesc. wrote: »
    I think in Trinity there's a course with computer science with a language? If that interests you... Personally I'll be doing mathematical science but a diploma in French in the evening :D

Yeah I looked into that one before, I don't think computer science is for me though, but thanks anyway! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

Do you know how you go about doing a diploma? I'd like to keep up my german but want to do Spanish in college, so just wondering how I'd go about this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

No one in my school ever applies to Trinity, I think I'd nearly be disowned by my mates if I went. I've no intention of going because there's no course that interests me there, but still, I don't see what's so bad about it. I think most people I know just think it's really snobby.. I dunno, it doesn't seem that awful to me but whatever!

Is my school just weird, or are there any others like that??

That mind frame is much snobbier than going to Trinity imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

SeanMadd wrote: »
    Finally finished my Hamlet essay D: Hate that bollocks.

I still need to start mine , I keep putting it off lol I keep doing poetry when I do english or the comparative. Hamlet takes so long lol

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Ive done 0 hours of study so far today..... im disgusted with myself tbh

• Advertisement

I did 6 hours today, I don't think i'm able to do any more! I started at 9 this morning so i'm gonna try and start at 8 tomorrow morning and i'll get more done!

How do you start early?
    I keep intending to then end up not starting until 10/11

I still need to start mine , I keep putting it off lol I keep doing poetry when I do english or the comparative. Hamlet takes so long lol

It started off pretty good but I got so bored with it I just rushed the last page and a half so I'm expecting a B/C on it :rolleyes:

It started off pretty good but I got so bored with it I just rushed the last page and a half so I'm expecting a B/C on it :rolleyes:

What questions are you covering? I never know what ones to do apart from the soliloquies , corruption, appearance vs reality , role of women.
    I haven't done any on the characters yet.
    I still have to sort out my notes I have on Hamlet .

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Do you know how you go about doing a diploma? I'd like to keep up my german but want to do Spanish in college, so just wondering how I'd go about this :D

Well at the NUIG Open Day, I had a chat with the person advertising French and I asked her about it., she just said there's a night course on Monday evenings and it doesn't cost too much to do it. :rolleyes: I don't think you have to apply for it online, well I hope not!, but perhaps just sign up to do it at the start of the year? Well that's what I'm doing anyway!

Does anyone else find that when you study the day seems to drag by really slowly and more often if you wake up early to study?

What questions are you covering? I never know what ones to do apart from the soliloquies , corruption, appearance vs reality , role of women.
    I haven't done any on the characters yet.
    I still have to sort out my notes I have on Hamlet .

Well I just did a question that came up in our mock about the theme of deception. I think that's the only theme we're doing, and I doubt I'll do more myself so that's themes covered ;) I've already Hamlet, Claudius and the role of women done, although I still have to get my women essay back of my teacher :mad: I need to edit the other two though, to bring them closer to an A :D

Well at the NUIG Open Day, I had a chat with the person advertising French and I asked her about it., she just said there's a night course on Monday evenings and it doesn't cost too much to do it. :rolleyes: I don't think you have to apply for it online, well I hope not!, but perhaps just sign up to do it at the start of the year? Well that's what I'm doing anyway!

Cool are you going to NUIG too? (BFFS LOIKE :rolleyes:) I should've went to the open day, stupid me -.- That seems grand, an extra degree and you only have classes on a monday evening? Sweet :D I can remember my sister saying something about it, I think you've to apply or sign up somewhere before the end of october/november, something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

silversky wrote: »
    God Trinity :rolleyes:

Should come with a warning when you put it on your CAO

Oh my gawd, it's loike the best college.
    I get that you're trying to be funny, but what does that even mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Could anyone tell me where in Dublin I could get the English Key Notes book? Easons? Reads?

• Advertisement

Well I just did a question that came up in our mock about the theme of deception. I think that's the only theme we're doing, and I doubt I'll do more myself so that's themes covered ;) I've already Hamlet, Claudius and the role of women done, although I still have to get my women essay back of my teacher :mad: I need to edit the other two though, to bring them closer to an A :D

I think I've only done a appearance vs reality last year I think and that got about a c1 or something. I might have done another one aswell. I haven't done many essays on Hamlet. I need to do a revenge essay to . I have so much essays to write on Hamlet plus learning the quotes. My teachers going to have a lot to correct :) lol. I must start Hamlet tomorrow. And do more of the comparative and make sure not to go off topic this only happens in the 70mark question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement