Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

M&S* wrote: »
    I am really good at french and think I should get in on these french sessions!

The more the merrier! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Screw the LC, anyone wanna just drop out and get into the guitar manufacturing business like I do? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

I AM O BORED!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I actually really like literary genre. I hated it when I was originally writing my essay for it and it took me ages and stressed me out, but I really love it now. I remember it so easily. I studied it the night before my pre and got 68/70 in it, I think because I put the effort into writing the essay in the first place.

I'm not doing general vision and viewpoint just because I'm lazy and don't want to write the essay, and I don't technically HAVE to...I'm terrible for doing the bare minimum :P

I'd actually be up for skype in English, I have a feeling Irish would be the most awkward experience of my life and I'm just not masochistic enough to subject myself to it, and German...if anyone wants help with it I wouldn't mind, but I think I just need to learn the picture stories etc myself as we've done loads of practise in class.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

leaveiton wrote: »
    They have it in Easons, it should be downstairs with all the schoolbooks. I got mine there around this time last year, anyway! I like the username btw, Fight Like Apes reference? :D
    Thanks :) And yes! You're the first person to notice! Kudos to you :P

• Advertisement

Thanks :) And yes! You're the first person to notice! Kudos to you :P

But, but, but I noticed it... :(

I just assumed I had already asked if it was a Fight Like Apes thing. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Togepi wrote: »
    But, but, but I noticed it... :(

I just assumed I had already asked if it was a Fight Like Apes thing. :P

Hmm, I've never heard of them before, any good?

Eathrin wrote: »
    To put it lightly, they're absolutely bat**** crazy, but that's why I love them :D

Yeah I really like them. They're a bit different, but very good!

Have a listen to Megameanie for the lolz sure. :P

Edit: What snoreborewhore said. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Yeah I really like them. They're a bit different, but very good!

Have a listen to Megameanie for the lolz sure. :P

Edit: What snoreborewhore said. :D

dafuq:confused:

• Advertisement

Haha it's definately an acquired taste! Only at a Fight Like Apes concert would you find the lead singer and the keyboardist playing a steel pole...

It's great when your iPod's on shuffle and it comes on out of nowhere. :D

Jake Summers is a good song too. And I can't think of anymore 'cause I get confused with which is which 'cause most of them have really long names!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I thought Fight Like Apes were the stupidest thing ever when I first listened to them, couldn't understand why there was such a buzz around them, then I just sort of got it. As snoreborewhore said herself, it's an acquired taste :P They're mental live, if you ever have a chance to see them you should check them out

Whatever about the Leaving Cert - gimme a Fight Like Apes exam any day. I'd be in my bleedin element.

Fact: I once saw the lead singer trying on a skirt right in the middle of a shop. Okay, it was over her jeans, but still :pac:

leaveiton wrote: »
    Fact: I once saw the lead singer trying on a skirt right in the middle of a shop. Okay, it was over her jeans, but still :pac:
    I can top that! Was in a camera shop in Blanchardstown Centre with my Mam and my little brother getting passport photos taken, 17years old and my mam was fixing my hair and making a horrible fuss. In walks May Kay just as my Mam exclaims "jesus christ Laura you look like ****ing Velma from Scooby Doo!" Nearly collapsed it was so horribly tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I'm starting to get over the embarrasement of what happened Saturday so decided to come and tell ye. Was quite drunk but heard somebody had a naggin in their car, went and drank it and proceeded to get sick out and in the car. Fell asleep in the back for an hour, telling them not to touch me. Missed the whole nightclub bar the first ten mins, MORTO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

SeanMadd wrote: »
    Cool are you going to NUIG too? (BFFS LOIKE :rolleyes:) I should've went to the open day, stupid me -.- That seems grand, an extra degree and you only have classes on a monday evening? Sweet :D I can remember my sister saying something about it, I think you've to apply or sign up somewhere before the end of october/november, something like that.

We're the three best friends that anybody could have etc etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

is everyone...studying? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

SeanMadd wrote: »
    Cool are you going to NUIG too? (BFFS LOIKE :rolleyes:) I should've went to the open day, stupid me -.- That seems grand, an extra degree and you only have classes on a monday evening? Sweet :D I can remember my sister saying something about it, I think you've to apply or sign up somewhere before the end of october/november, something like that.

We're the three best friends that anybody could have etc etc :)

Damn right stranger! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

Argh I've to go to the Gaeltacht tomorrow, I'm gonna get nothing done D:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Patchy~ wrote: »
    is everyone...studying? :eek:

Yuuuuuuuuuuussssss.. Ah no, i've 3.5 hours done. I'm going for a break until 2 and am then gonna try and work up till 6.

Just changed my mind about next year , i'm nearly sure I wanna go to Trinity now! Business, Economics and Sociology! Points last year were 480 :eek: better not go up much more, or i'll be heading to NUIM to do Law and Economics!

MUST KEEP STUDYING

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've only done geography questions so far.
    Moving on to Hamlet now. Whats the layout of a corruption essay?
    I can't find any information , I've been trying to figure how to write it.
    I have notes but there not that detailed.
    Do I basically just talk about Claudius , Hamlet, Gertrude , Ophelia how each of these characters have been affected by corruption? is there any character I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Would there be any chance someone could give a quick example of say an essay plan for Plath,Larkin or Heaney would look like?? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Im so behind everyone, I'm not getting anything done ;_; Ah well :o

I can top that! Was in a camera shop in Blanchardstown Centre with my Mam and my little brother getting passport photos taken, 17years old and my mam was fixing my hair and making a horrible fuss. In walks May Kay just as my Mam exclaims "jesus christ Laura you look like ****ing Velma from Scooby Doo!" Nearly collapsed it was so horribly tragic.

Haha fantastic! :pac: Never had an experience quite as bad as that myself, not around someone famous anyway :p

I'm actually working!!!!! :D

I'm actually working!!!!! :D

Good man!! :D

David1994 wrote: »
    Good woman!! :D

FYP! ;) :P

• Advertisement