Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

My friend hung himself on Sunday night. They resuscitated him and he started to improve, but he had a heart attack yesterday. They turned off the life support a few hours ago. He had just turned 17. I actually can't even think straight. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Oh, Coeur, sweetheart. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

AnnaKin wrote: »
    anybody else getting post via CAO?
    getting invited to talks and crap in D.I.T etc :pac:
    felt quite important when i got it. I never get post :rolleyes:

I haven't got any post or e-mails or anything.. .Have that lingering feeling that I fecked up the CAO :o:o

Thanks guys. I actually can't understand how somebody could do that. He was always such a strong person, but apparently you never know how people really feel.

Edit: posted this after fewtin's post. why did it show up before it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

My friend hung himself on Sunday night. They resuscitated him and he started to improve, but he had a heart attack yesterday. They turned off the life support a few hours ago. He had just turned 17. I actually can't even think straight. :(

That's so sad. So many stories similar to this now :( I'd be suprised if there's any teenagers in Ireland today who haven't gone through something similar.

Condolences.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Jesus Coeur, that's tough. Thoughts are with you and the rest of his friends and family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Really sorry to hear about your loss coeur, 17 is just so young :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Edit: posted this after fewtin's post. why did it show up before it?

Double post. Deleted one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Sorry to hear Coeur <3:(

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Oh my God I'm sorry Coeur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Im really sorry for your loss Coeur. A while back my friend was in a similar situation but luckily I got through to him and stopped him. Its such a terrible thing and for the most part silent. Anyways if you ever nedd to chat PM me or any boardsie I'm sure. Talking about it could help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Oh my god thats so sad , sorry to hear :( must be quite a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

I've never really spoken to you on this but I just want to tell you how sorry I am. Life is so unfair sometimes. Thoughts are with you and his other friends and family <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Christ Couer you poor thing. My thoughts are with you. :(:(

AnnaKin wrote: »
    anybody else getting post via CAO?
    getting invited to talks and crap in D.I.T etc :pac:
    felt quite important when i got it. I never get post :rolleyes:

I've only gotten the cao letter to confirm where I applied to. I do keep getting letters from my ucas uni choice in England where I'm hoping to go even before I firmed it though :). I've heard nothing from dcu apart from one about scholarships if you get 500+ points. It's fun getting post though :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Oh god Coeur that's awful. Sometimes there isn't anything you could've done for the person, you're probably thinking about what you could've done differently but if he was depressed it's likely that nothing anyone could've said or done would have helped. Suicide is really the worst way to lose someone.

Does anyone know if theres a website which has all the past papers/ marking schemes other than examinations website? One where you don't have to keep clicking everything all over again and has all the years of the particular subject all on the same page?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

So sorry Coeur, such a tragic thing. I try to imagine how you feel now. If you were close to him you'd want to talk to him now, to figure out what was going through his head. It didn't have to be that way, he may have felt it did, but seriously there are options, talk to someone and get help. Life is tough and unfortunately the burden becomes too heavy on some, once you know what that burden feels like it's easier to relate to others going through the same thing. And I'm pretty sure a lot of us as teenagers have gone through tough times. Therefore, my deepest sorrows for your friend. My thoughts are with you and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Christ Couer, I hope you know that we are all here for you, if you need to talk pm any one of us, we'll be more than happy to listen. Xxx
    Gosh this leaving cert does strange things to people. A few years back at least 3 LCers died within a few weeks of each other in my town.
    I hope if anyone here is having problems that they would talk to a friend or parent, and if you feel that you can't talk face to face with them, sure talk to one of us, it can be easier to talk that way. And sure us LCers are all in it together, we'll look out for each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Does anyone know if theres a website which has all the past papers/ marking schemes other than examinations website? One where you don't have to keep clicking everything all over again and has all the years of the particular subject all on the same page?

Save them to your computer, organise them, whenever you need them they're just a click away :) Works for me!

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot guys. I don't really know how to think. I'm finding it hard to believe that he actually did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

My condolences to you too Coeur! Hope you'll be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

So sorry to hear Couer, that's so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Sorry to hear that Coeur also!

Just to ask a quick question to anyone doing Geography, my Geographical Investigation is:

A study of one landform evident on the Irish landscape formed by geomorphic processes.

On Page 7 of the booklet it asks for: 'the title of investigation'.

Does anyone know what i'm supposed to write here?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Sorry to hear that Coeur also!

Just to ask a quick question to anyone doing Geography, my Geographical Investigation is:

A study of one landform evident on the Irish landscape formed by geomorphic processes.

On Page 7 of the booklet it asks for: 'the title of investigation'.

Does anyone know what i'm supposed to write here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

FinnD wrote: »
    Merci beaucoup! :D

When are the geography projects due in is it the end of this month ?
    because my teacher is going very slow we only did the investigation 2 weeks ago and we've not written much down or anything. Mine is a study of the area so it's quite boring, , my last years was the river and we had everything done since November. We'd worked on it since then and had everything completed so when the booklets came out all we needed to do was copy it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Lads I've been sitting here since about 12. I just can't study it's like a mental block :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

How much study do ya's reckon a JC'er should be doin...I would ask on the JC forum but that's basically dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I am kinda taking a break this afternoon :D Did out 2 geography answers but thats it for now! Might do few chem/biology questions after dinner and bit of spanish but just need to relax today haha :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement