Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

How much study do ya's reckon a JC'er should be doin...I would ask on the JC forum but that's basically dead.

Dunno around 3-4 hours at this point?? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Lads I've been sitting here since about 12. I just can't study it's like a mental block :/

lol I haven't done a single thing since the break started, I'd be better off in school :|

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Lads I've been sitting here since about 12. I just can't study it's like a mental block :/

I'm the same way, I've done about 40mins of a question from yesterday . Ive found it harder today to study despite blocking all my distraction websites. Probably should've started earlier. Might take a walk usually have a clearer mind after.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Turned the wireless off on my laptop (I type out any work I do because its quicker) and went to get food, came back and turned it straight back on :L

I've all these geography q's to do, I had them done before but my teacher wouldnt correct them properly so I have to just do them again...fun -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Question for ye physics students.

When I'm drawing a concave lens diagram, how do you draw the circles? Like decide how far away from eachother they should be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Chuchoter wrote: »

When I'm drawing a concave lens diagram, how do you draw the circles? Like decide how far away from eachother they should be?

Close enough, just far enough apart so that they're not touching :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I think drawing their centres as close as possible helps negate the effects of refraction so I'd go with that for accuracy i.e. don't intersect the lines but a millimetre or so, that close, nobody will punish you though however you decide to do it as long as the rays are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Haven't done a single thing all day.

A1'S ALL ROUND!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Manic2 wrote: »
    Haven't done a single thing all day.

A1'S ALL ROUND!

it would be epic if some examiner had some REEEAAAAALLLY good news the day they were correcting our exams!

Then they could be like:
    "A1'S ALL ROUND!!"
    share the joy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I actually can't study at all today. I tried, but it's just, so, boring!

• Advertisement

I've given up trying to study today although I might still do some French oral other than that I'll just wait until tomorrow. I've studied everyday so far since Saturday just going to have a break today.

Togepi wrote: »
    I actually can't study at all today. I tried, but it's just, so, boring!

Glad I'm not the only one, I know it's extremely boring. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to focus more and make sure I wake up early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

AnnaKin wrote: »
    it would be epic if some examiner had some REEEAAAAALLLY good news the day they were correcting our exams!

Then they could be like:
    "A1'S ALL ROUND!!"
    share the joy :pac:

That's the dream :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Imagine if you found a list of all the examiners and you could send them all a box of chocolates the day they're correcting your paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Feck sake my legs are killing me :/ Its so annoying they have been like this for about 3 weeks now.I think it might be growing pains....

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Imagine if you found a list of all the examiners and you could send them all a box of chocolates the day they're correcting your paper.

best send them money, there's no guarentee they'd like chocolate :pac:
    we want good grades we cant risk sending them something they dont like :cool:

"Dear Examiner,
    Please accept this 10 euro to buy yourself whatever something nice whilst you correct my Irish.
    sincerely,
    Examination Number 175236"

its a plan >:)

Can anybody help me?
    I haven't opened up a book yet and it just occurred to me with everybody else studying and orals coming up maybe I should be working too.
    I've got a stinking attitude for these things, what do I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

Coeur, truly sorry for your loss. Lost my mate, an old family friend a couple of weeks ago in similar way. 18 years young. It boggles your head. But it's comforting to talk to people, that's what I found. Please talk to people close to you, it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Eathrin wrote: »
    Can anybody help me?
    I haven't opened up a book yet and it just occurred to me with everybody else studying and orals coming up maybe I should be working too.
    I've got a stinking attitude for these things, what do I do?

At least you admitted you have a problem :pac: That's always the first step!

What I'm doing is studying for all the other subjects this week and for the orals next week, that way it will stay in my head fresher and I will also have the other subjects revised. I have 3 orals the week I come back and I'm not overly fussed about them yet :) So, if you haven't done anything this week for the orals it's not a catastrophe, as long as you're doing some work on something else maybe.

tl;dr. Start studying for the orals next week!

subz3r0 wrote: »
    At least you admitted you have a problem :pac: That's always the first step!

What I'm doing is studying for all the other subjects this week and for the orals next week, that way it will stay in my head fresher and I will also have the other subjects revised. I have 3 orals the week I come back and I'm not overly fussed about them yet :) So, if you haven't done anything this week for the orals it's not a catastrophe, as long as you're doing some work on something else maybe.

tl;dr. Start studying for the orals next week!

Ooh you underestimate me. Nothing means nothing. Literally not a page has been turned, not a pen lifted.

I just don't know how anybody can do work when you don't have school the next day, I really have only ever done homework on Sunday nights when I feel under pressure. Without that immediate pressure, I'm just in the doldrums. Long term pressure does nothing for me:P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I was studying. Then the sister had a seizure during her grinds, so no studying happened. She's grand now, but it was **** scary, she's never had anything like it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Checked my cao form online to see if it would motivate me. It didn't. They also have my exam number which I don't know when they got, did the SEC send the numbers to them when we filled out the form?

Oh and ctyi, hope your sis is ok, I've only seen one person have a seizure before and it was as scary as ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

I've given up trying to study today although I might still do some French oral other than that I'll just wait until tomorrow. I've studied everyday so far since Saturday just going to have a break today.

I gave up 'bout the same time as ya :P Gonna do a wee bit more work tomorrow then I'm off to my dad's and a weekend of dossing... if I get really bored I'll study a bit more!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Thanks Siobhan. I wasn't there, we got a call off her grinds teacher. Nothing like this has ever happened to her before, so it's worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Thanks Siobhan. I wasn't there, we got a call off her grinds teacher. Nothing like this has ever happened to her before, so it's worrying.

She hasn't been diagnosed with anything before that could cause seizures no? Poor thing. If you need a chat or anything you know where the pm button is!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Ooh you underestimate me. Nothing means nothing. Literally not a page has been turned, not a pen lifted.

I just don't know how anybody can do work when you don't have school the next day, I really have only ever done homework on Sunday nights when I feel under pressure. Without that immediate pressure, I'm just in the doldrums. Long term pressure does nothing for me:P.

Whoa, we are actually twins. I'm in the exact same situation, instead of studying, I know I should be studying. But I'd rather lie in bed all day and watch Friends.. :(

Whoa, we are actually twins. I'm in the exact same situation, instead of studying, I know I should be studying. But I'd rather lie in bed all day and watch Friends.. :(

You know you're in the pits when you're watching Friends:eek:
    No disrespect, great show, but having seen it so many times now it's just mind-numbing!

I've watched a series called Wilfred over the last couple of days. Not a bad show, not particularly amazing. Basically Elijah Wood can see a man in a dog costume when everybody else sees a dog. He's recently unemployed and they hang out and smoke pot while getting up to all sorts. Yeah I know, odd plot right?

I'd love to be working, but the idea is so off-putting to me.
    I.Just.Can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

You know you're in the pits when you're watching Friends:eek:
    No disrespect, great show, but having seen it so many times now it's just mind-numbing!

I've watched a series called Wilfred over the last couple of days. Not a bad show, not particularly amazing. Basically Elijah Wood can see a man in a dog costume when everybody else sees a dog. He's recently unemployed and they hang out and smoke pot while getting up to all sorts. Yeah I know, odd plot right?

I'd love to be working, but the idea is so off-putting to me.
    I.Just.Can't.

I saw a few episodes of that a while ago, I remember finding the concept pretty hard to get my head around. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Lost = best show ever created.

Do not dispute.

• Advertisement

I gave up 'bout the same time as ya :P Gonna do a wee bit more work tomorrow then I'm off to my dad's and a weekend of dossing... if I get really bored I'll study a bit more!

Haha I still got nothing done I decided not to bother as I probably wouldn't be focused . I must not wake up as later as 11 again. Funny how I studied the day after a night out but not the next day after that. I will tomorrow not taking more than a day off. I'll be bored tomorrow anyway with daytime tv . I have two birthdays tomorrow and then Saturday gonna try not to drink too much , so I don't waste a day of study.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement