Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Manic2 wrote: »
    Lost = best show ever created.

Do not dispute.

Did someone say... Lost? :pac:

Terry%20O%27Quinn.jpg

edit: balls :L

Haha I still got nothing done I decided not to bother as I probably wouldn't be focused . I must not wake up as later as 11 again. Funny how I studied the day after a night out but not the next day after that. I will tomorrow not taking more than a day off. I'll be bored tomorrow anyway with daytime tv . I have two birthdays tomorrow and then Saturday gonna try not to drink too much , so I don't waste a day of study.

I just can not get up before 12 it seems :( I go to bed at like twelve, try and get up early enough but it seems the closer it gets to the time I'm supposed to wake up the heavier my limbs become :pac: By the time 9 comes around I'm fecked! Usually just turn off the alarm and get back under them warm covers :) It's really fun in a weird way! :P I'm not even gonna lie to myself tonight though, I'm just gonna stay up half the night playing Xbox, f**k this studying shite for one night haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

My friend hung himself on Sunday night. They resuscitated him and he started to improve, but he had a heart attack yesterday. They turned off the life support a few hours ago. He had just turned 17. I actually can't even think straight. :(

Just saw this, really sorry for your loss. If you ever want to talk, I'm around <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I just can not get up before 12 it seems :( I go to bed at like twelve, try and get up early enough but it seems the closer it gets to the time I'm supposed to wake up the heavier my limbs become :pac: By the time 9 comes around I'm fecked! Usually just turn off the alarm and get back under them warm covers :) It's really fun in a weird way! :P I'm not even gonna lie to myself tonight though, I'm just gonna stay up half the night playing Xbox, f**k this studying shite for one night haha

Haha, I actually woke up at 8am the house was freezing so I put the heating on went back to bed to keep warm and fell back to sleep and woke up at like 11. The days before that I woke up at 9am but still didn't start studying until 11. It's just nice not having to wake up early , and having a lie in. I'll make sure I study tomorrow. For some reason I have to shower and get ready before I study otherwise I can't focus for some strange reason and end up having a lazy day :S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Is anyone doing the film 'Casablanca' for the Comparative? What can I say about the theme of society and class in that film? That theme fits my other two texts perfectly but I'm stuck on Casablanca. Surely there is something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

You could talk about the breakdown of society maybe? All these people torn from their home trying to escape and will do more or less anything to make it happen (murder, selling themselves, bribery etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Has anyone else had growing pains?? I think I might be getting them...

Haha, I actually woke up at 8am the house was freezing so I put the heating on went back to bed to keep warm and fell back to sleep and woke up at like 11. The days before that I woke up at 9am but still didn't start studying until 11. It's just nice not having to wake up early , and having a lie in. I'll make sure I study tomorrow. For some reason I have to shower and get ready before I study otherwise I can't focus for some strange reason and end up having a lazy day :S.

Same :pac: It just gives ya the feeling of busyness! You'll be happy for me now, I really outdid myself today :P Didn't wake up until 1 o'clock and I'm still eating my breakfast hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

David1994 wrote: »
    Has anyone else had growing pains?? I think I might be getting them...

Yeah being a tall lad I can tell you I've had plenty, leg cramps in bed were the worst:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

im doing **** all this week il study for the orals and do my history and engineering projects
    i really don't care anymore

• Advertisement

Same :pac: It just gives ya the feeling of busyness! You'll be happy for me now, I really outdid myself today :P Didn't wake up until 1 o'clock and I'm still eating my breakfast hahaha

Aw I woke up at a normal time well 8am then the same with the house being cold . Started getting ready at 10 then started at about 1pm studying. I'm more focused today actually doing something maybe I needed that day break.
    Lol breakfast at around 3pm. I thought I was bad having breakfast at lunch time. I'm more awake in the afternoon though , I only have until 6pm to study as I have a birthday to go to. I need to get started on my french oral or I'll have a repeat from last years oral and mess it up again . I haven't gone over that yet. As long as I don't spend the day not doing any study I've done something. I have 3/4 subjects left to do today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

subz3r0 wrote: »
    What can I say about the theme of society and class in that film? I'm stuck on Casablanca. Surely there is something?

Well in Casablanca, I don't think there was much difference in class divisions. All were trying to get their hands on Visas to get to Lisbon, then to the U.S. In the movie, there's such chaos and anti-Nazi feelings rising, that I don't think there is much class division seen at all? At least I didn't notice any lol.

The reason I don't think there was much, was because all got visas in the end - and they were all immigrants, escaping from Hitlers' moving legion of Nazis.
    Victor escaped from a concentration camp - he got a Visa.
    Ilsa was nothing much, - she got a Visa.
    They were not Generals or important figures in politics ... But they managed to get their special tickets to U.S.

There really wasn't any separation between society or classes in Casablanca. It was more, a division between Nazis and Allies.

Now you're just making me feel lazy :( I suppose I deserve it :P Ya goin on the beer this evenin then?

Haha yeah it's lazy , you must have slept late lol ;) it'll be hard the week back getting up early.
    I'm saving my lazy awakenings until the lc is over with. I try not to wake up as late as 12. 10/11 is the latest time for me even if I don't study straight away :). Not beer just a few drinks captain morgan probably :), I might leave before the last bus as I have another birthday tomorrow and I need to fit in some study.

Does anyone else ignore the phone or house phone whenever you're studying?
    I always ignore it as I don't want to lose my concentration. Even if it keeps ringing I'll ignore it .

I do that. Also some guy just called to the door when I was studying in the front room, and I hid behind the piano until he went away >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Has anyone booked accommodation in NUIM yet?

If you have, can you tell me what you put down for 'Home College'?
    It says a load of American colleges, Loads of Irish colleges, and CAO, CAO+500 and CAO mature? :S

Also, what do you put down for 'Other information that may be relevant to your application'?

Thanks y'all. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

It says a load of American colleges, Loads of Irish colleges, and CAO, CAO+500 and CAO mature? :S

Also, what do you put down for 'Other information that may be relevant to your application'?

I put down WIT since I live in Waterford :P
    For other information part, well, you just leave it blank I suppose. It's probably for people who want to mention they have certain disabilities or something like that.

Haha yeah it's lazy , you must have slept late lol ;) it'll be hard the week back getting up early.
    I'm saving my lazy awakenings until the lc is over with. I try not to wake up as late as 12. 10/11 is the latest time for me even if I don't study straight away :). Not beer just a few drinks captain morgan probably :), I might leave before the last bus as I have another birthday tomorrow and I need to fit in some study.

Yeah I know, ima start getting up at 6 in the morning again. I used to get up really early, practice playing guitar/writing music for an hour then get ready for school. It felt great but it got really tiring because I was going to the gym too at 7 o'clock before school and I'd be totes wrecked by 9 :P Nice! Captain Morgan is the s**t, enjoy :D

Getting up at 6 in the morning to go to the gym before school?! Ok I cannot relate to you people any more

Thanks subz3r0 :)

Ok, I really need to start getting back in shape, I've really let myself go. :/
    I am determined to go for a run later. :)

Although I've been saying that for the last 4 days... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Have you decided on Science Education again? :) I seen a while back that you had changed it!

• Advertisement

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Have you decided on Science Education again? :) I seen a while back that you had changed it!

Stalker? :P

Well it's going to be by 2nd choice now when the CAO re-opens, just as a back up incase I don't get the points/fail French for Home Ec in Sligo. :)

Are you thinking on Science Ed?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Yeah what I do is when ever I feel I'm dozing off and losing focus and just on the spur of the moment sprint out of the house, go for a 40min run, come back have a shower for 20mins. It seems a little weird at first but after a while you get used to these outbursts and it actually really helps! Haha before my English mock I was getting really frustrated so at 11 at night I went for a half hour run :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Stalker? :P

Well it's going to be by 2nd choice now when the CAO re-opens, just as a back up incase I don't get the points/fail French for Home Ec in Sligo. :)

Are you thinking on Science Ed?

I am not :eek: :L Yeah Its my first choice! Fingers crossed i'll get the points!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

I've found myself eating more and more everyday to cope with this leaving cert thing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Oh and I saw that video. Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Patchy :D Ya mess

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Until you guys all post videos too, fook off calling me a mess :P
    creepy that you all know what i look like and i dont know what yous look like...everyone post pics! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Until you guys all post videos too, fook off calling me a mess :P
    creepy that you all know what i look like and i dont know what yous look like...everyone post pics! :D

No problem bro

hairiest_man.jpg

I haven't seen the video :( :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

someone pm manic, im too jaded at this point :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I don't feel weird Patchy 'cause you know what I look like - okay I'm in the clear now. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement