Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

M&S* wrote: »
    I've double the word limit for mine and I haven't even finished it... Not sure what to do tbh.
    You've got until the end of this month to get it finished though, that's plenty of time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I've double the word limit for mine and I haven't even finished it... Not sure what to do tbh.

Write really small ;) I wrote 1435 or something like that and said I wrote 993... my teacher says that the're hardly going to check anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

We started ours back in January

I hope I get mine done on time my teacher is so stupid for leaving it right until the last minute and during the weeks the orals would be on.
    I would work on it myself if I knew what I had to do. He's not told us anything.
    Whats your project on?

Whats everyones geography project on?
    Is anyone else doing "A survey of the distribution of economic activities past and present in a local area." ?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Wesc. wrote: »
    Write really small ;) I wrote 1435 or something like that and said I wrote 993... my teacher says that the're hardly going to check anyway!

Yeah same here. Mine is well over a thousand. My teacher told me to write "1000" exactly. How obvious would that be? :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I don't really know if I want to risk having 500+ words extra....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Why? :(

There's just loads to learn! Regional is an absolute sickener I think!

When we were doing our sections our Teacher would not allow us to go over the word count at all. She was actually so strict about it!
    Wesc. wrote: »

I have 956 words for the whole thing. Including headings. My Teacher corrects the exams and said they'll know if your way over by looking at it.
    Whats everyones geography project on?
    Is anyone else doing "A survey of the distribution of economic activities past and present in a local area." ?

Landform yoke shaped by Geomorphic processes or something like that!
    I don't really know if I want to risk having 500+ words extra....

I just want an A2 in Geography. I really, really want it! I'm not sure what to cut out of study though. I don't think there's a whole lot! :(

We started ours back in January

I hope I get mine done on time my teacher is so stupid for leaving it right until the last minute and during the weeks the orals would be on.
    I would work on it myself if I knew what I had to do. He's not told us anything.
    Whats your project on?
    it's on meanders and how they were formed and stuff, went to the liffey in Wicklow for the field project :)

My last years project was this
    1.Geomorphic processes of transportation and/or deposition in a fluvial or coastal environment

and I still have the project at home all the work that I did for it. I would just copy my last years one if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Look, stop fretting over it. The max marks they can take off is 5. I really don't think it's worth the risk cutting out extra pieces of information at the risk of missing out on SRPs. If you're sure everything is going to get you full marks and don't think you can cut out anymore, then don't. What's the worst that can happen, you get 95/100? Doesn't sound too bad to me :P

• Advertisement

My last years project was this
    1.Geomorphic processes of transportation and/or deposition in a fluvial or coastal environment

and I still have the project at home all the work that I did for it. I would just copy my last years one if I could.
    How did you get on in your project last year if you don't mind me asking?

How did you get on in your project last year if you don't mind me asking?

I thought it went fine. I kept to the word limit.
    There were a lot of graphs to draw. It wasn't too hard to write about either, I used my book for some of it and put it into my own words. It took about a week or two copying the information we had when the booklets arrived.
    I'm not sure the result I got for it as you just get it combined .

This years I haven't a clue what I'm really doing , I have a general idea .

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I really need to study next week .......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Just realised I left my Irish textbook in school! Does anyone have a link to the text of all the poems? Or do I have to put it together myself..? :P
    BTW, if you are also trying to prepare for the reading bit of the Oral Exam, this is very handy.

So how much practice is everyone doing for the music practicals? :)

None? :P

None? :P
    Haha fair play :p I take it you don't need to practice then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I've been practising the drums a bit but I keep doing feck all for the music techonolgy, thinking I'll be grand :P Probably should work on that a bit more

leaveiton wrote: »
    I've been practising the drums a bit but I keep doing feck all for the music techonolgy, thinking I'll be grand :P Probably should work on that a bit more
    Yeah I'm the same, need to revise the tech part ha

Not a whole lot tbh! One of my Piano pieces is soo cute, it's really bouncy and only 33 seconds long! :P. Technology is simple!

One of the girls in my year is doing 6 Nicki Minaj songs! :P.. She's unreal though :O, my friend that is! She's before me and in I go after her Minaj songs to do 4 Handel pieces! :P Contrast or what..

• Advertisement

Not a whole lot tbh! One of my Piano pieces is soo cute, it's really bouncy and only 33 seconds long! :P. Technology is simple!

One of the girls in my year is doing 6 Nicki Minaj songs! :P.. She's unreal though :O, my friend that is! She's before me and in I go after her Minaj songs to do 4 Handel pieces! :P Contrast or what..
    Yeah tech is marks in the bag according to everyone haha :p Ahh right, 33 seconds? Handy enough haha

I didn't even think Nicki Minaj had four songs... Does she not want something a bit different too? :P

I've been playing stuff that isn't for my practical, been playing practical pieces since September I'm bored! :p I haven't done music technology yet either.... :confused: Can I bring my own laptop in to do it no?

I didn't even think Nicki Minaj had four songs... Does she not want something a bit different too? :P

I've been playing stuff that isn't for my practical, been playing practical pieces since September I'm bored! :p I haven't done music technology yet either.... :confused: Can I bring my own laptop in to do it no?
    That depends on if your school is supplying a computer to use in the exam

My teacher is supplying her laptop apparently... I don't want to use MuseScore though cause it crashes on my laptop and I've never used it before. I'd rather use Finale (which I've actually used before).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've spent so long playing Sims I've managed to get to the fifth generation. Pleasantview has none of the original characters in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

number of people I've had to say "no I'm afraid we are all outta easter eggs" :(
    It was another heartbreaking day in work :O christmas all over again :O

My teacher is supplying her laptop apparently... I don't want to use MuseScore though cause it crashes on my laptop and I've never used it before. I'd rather use Finale (which I've actually used before).
    Ahh right, you should mention it to here on Monday asap so she can arrange it for you, something similar to that happened in my school last year, one lad brought his laptop in instead of using the computer supplied

Ahh right, you should mention it to here on Monday asap so she can arrange it for you, something similar to that happened in my school last year, one lad brought his laptop in instead of using the computer supplied

I've watched my music teacher struggle with her laptop all year, it has crashed several times. My reliable laptop with better equipment would suit me much better than a laptop I've never used before!

I've watched my music teacher struggle with her laptop all year, it has crashed several times. My reliable laptop with better equipment would suit me much better than a laptop I've never used before!
    Haha can't blame you then!

• Advertisement

Going to ask can I bring in my own laptop anyways, worth a shot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement