Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Arghhh, trying and failing to do geography option questions because theres no ****ing information on it :mad: How the hell am I meant to get 24 srp's out of what in regional is worth 7 or 8 at best?!
    :(

Yeah I was the same but I just bought Sue Honan's exam skills geography book. They give you answers on everything! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Wesc. wrote: »
    Yeah I was the same but I just bought Sue Honan's exam skills geography book. They give you answers on everything! :)
    I have that, but it only covers Geoecology and Global Interdependence. :( The question is 'Examine the impact of climate on the development of tourism in any region that you have studied', we didnt even do that...one region is WAY too restricted, I cant believe thats even been asked!

I'm doing all about the implications of global warming, pretty sure its completely pointless but sure I can ask my teacher when I go back, hope he knows what to do :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I am still doing out good SRP questions for geography and looks like will only start learning them after easter :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I haven't studied since Thursday and now I have the flu :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I got bored after an hour and a half of writing notes and trying to study to national income chapter of economics . I moved on to English and decided to write a speech , I kind of like writing speeches . I love english :).
    I haven't touched a single maths paper over the Easter yet though. I have 2 papers of project maths to complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

I got bored after an hour and a half of writing notes and trying to study to national income chapter of economics . I moved on to English and decided to write a speech , I kind of like writing speeches . I love english :).
    I haven't touched a single maths paper over the Easter yet though. I have 2 papers of project maths to complete.

I find myself doing that too. When I get bored of studying I take out my half-finished essay and scribble another few sentences or a paragraph. I should really try do essays in the time limit. Oh god, I forgot all about Maths! :( Since I got my A2 in the mocks I've started getting complacent about it, but I need to get an A1 in the LC if possible.

Hmm and I wish I could help you with National Income, you seem to be so hung up over it yet I think its a very straightforward topic. Hope you get the grasp of it once you do it in class :)

subz3r0 wrote: »
    I find myself doing that too. When I get bored of studying I take out my half-finished essay and scribble another few sentences or a paragraph. I should really try do essays in the time limit. Oh god, I forgot all about Maths! :( Since I got my A2 in the mocks I've started getting complacent about it, but I need to get an A1 in the LC if possible.

Hmm and I wish I could help you with National Income, you seem to be so hung up over it yet I think its a very straightforward topic. Hope you get the grasp of it once you do it in class :)

I think i'm not too bad at it. I was just writing out the keypoints of the national income thats at the back of the chapter in the "Understanding Economics" book and writing the answers to all of it. I got up to the 10th point. I just got bored of writing it out I get it a little more the understanding Economics book just has a lot of information. I usually use my Rapid Revision for the answers.
    I might get grinds after Easter for economics as I really need a high grade in it. What economic book do you use?

I find if I spend long on a subject I get really bored so I decide it's time to move on to a new subject I enjoy as the information won't go in. I try and write the essays for the 100marks paper in the 80minutes time. I prefer paper 1 . Even though I've not focused much on it since last year . I've decided to give short stories a miss and decided to stick to speeches I think that always comes up on both a question B and section 3. I have 2 project maths paper, I'm doing fairly okay I haven't been failing it all year round like last year. I'm still trying to understand project maths though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Aaaand my sleeping pattern's fcuked, such a waste of a day :(

I'm finding it really hard to balance the amount of study I do for each subject, like I've been really concentrating on Irish since last week, and I do need to because my pre-oral brought me down two grades, but there's only so well I can do, whereas I've kind of abandoned French and that's the one I could get an A in, unless I throw that away by not preparing enough. Ugh /anxiety

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

So after spending the whole day lingering between the computer and the tv I decide to do some maths qs on complex numbers! Now I'm stuck and my motivation is quickly receeding :O help?

The question: P is a real number such that |P(1-2i)|=|11-2i|. Find the two positive values of P.
    I know when someone shows me a solution or tells me how to do it I'll be kicking myself but I've sort of a mental block when it comes to sitting down and grinding out maths problems! Cheers guys!

So after spending the whole day lingering between the computer and the tv I decide to do some maths qs on complex numbers! Now I'm stuck and my motivation is quickly receeding :O help?

The question: P is a real number such that |P(1-2i)|=|11-2i|. Find the two positive values of P.
    I know when someone shows me a solution or tells me how to do it I'll be kicking myself but I've sort of a mental block when it comes to sitting down and grinding out maths problems! Cheers guys!

I got p=5.

You know it's a modulus right? Well, a modulus is the square root of 2 numbers squared. Multiply in the p, so:
    Root(p*2+4p*2)=root(121+4)
    Then, root(5p*2)=root(125)
    Therefore, root(5).p=5.root(5)
    p=5

Maths <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

[/QUOTE]

I got p=5.

You know it's a modulus right? Well, a modulus is the square root of 2 numbers squared. Multiply in the p, so:
    Root(p*2+4p*2)=root(121+4)
    Then, root(5p*2)=root(125)
    Therefore, root(5).p=5.root(5)
    p=5

Maths <3[/Quote]
    Shít, yeah forgot to put in the spuare root I just squared the whole thing out! Thanks!

Here's another complex numbers one if you've got the time!
    Solve z^2 -(2+i)z+(1+i)=0
    I tried using the minus b formula but got stuck. As you can see, complex numbers aren't my forté. Cheers!

Lads, just out of interest, what level is this?

Shít, yeah forgot to put in the spuare root I just squared the whole thing out! Thanks!

Here's another complex numbers one if you've got the time!
    Solve z^2 -(2+i)z+(1+i)=0
    I tried using the minus b formula but got stuck. As you can see, complex numbers aren't my forté. Cheers!

-b formula should work out... try again.

Yeah actually is that higher or ordinary?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Anybody know where I can find all the ins and outs of the chem experiments. None of the books I have have more than the method and I need to find out why things are in excess or why one piece of equipment is used rather than another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

Ah we're gonna need a new thread soon !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Anyone here watching Game of Thrones? Just watching the second episode now, it's definitely one of the best series on tv at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Anybody know where I can find all the ins and outs of the chem experiments. None of the books I have have more than the method and I need to find out why things are in excess or why one piece of equipment is used rather than another.

Can you give an example of what kind of questions you mean?

Why?

Is there a 10k posts limit on threads on boards?

Just catching up with Britains Got Talent there.
    This guy is hilarious , now I have that song in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

What are the odds we'll hit 10,000 before the end of the break?

I think we can hit 10k by Wednesday.

The YLYL threads went to 1000 or more pages though? Lets work harder ;)

We should make it a challenge try and reach 10K :).

Only 84 more posts! :D

We'll get 10k no bother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm gonna miss the thread:(

Also I'm becoming really worried now that I haven't done a thing. I think I'll just start on Thursday with French oral work.

Dont lie Cian, you wont :P

Eathrin wrote: »
    I'm gonna miss the thread:(

Also I'm becoming really worried now that I haven't done a thing. I think I'll just start on Thursday with French oral work.

LIES!! You spoke a sentence of Irish on Skype last week. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Ally7 wrote: »
    Anyone here watching Game of Thrones? Just watching the second episode now, it's definitely one of the best series on tv at the moment!

Really wanna start watching that but I don't think it's the time to take up new shows
    Mad Men's back though, I'm classy :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement