Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

I have a complete freedom/right to say that I was partially educated in a prefab!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Bracefaced since 3rd year did Ty and all :/ looking at another two years for me :(
    Although nobody notices mine so it's all good :)
    Since mid second year for me and I also did TY! Mine have given me a lisp. :(
    Cian A wrote: »
    Former braceface: 1st to 5th year.

Now officially sexy :p
    Roide me ya beasht!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

People talking about bracefaces!! O: I only got my braces on last year.. And yourman my orthodontist told me I'm getting them off in two to three years! D:
    I'll be a braceface in college. The joys the joys..
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I got mine the week before fifth year... They're really straight though, my usual dentist thought I was nearly finished m (hadn't been to him in yeaaaars though :P). No sign of them coming off though, haven't started the elastics. What do they do?

Bubbleope wrote: »
    People talking about bracefaces!! O: I only got my braces on last year.. And yourman my orthodontist told me I'm getting them off in two to three years! D:

I think I'll be joining you on that one! :P

• Advertisement

Siobhnk wrote: »
    I think I'll be joining you on that one! :P

Yay! XD not a lonerbraceface. xD my teeth are actually quite straight too. :D But i'm getting jaw surgery done so they'll have to be further straightened after that. /:

Yay! XD not a lonerbraceface. xD my teeth are actually quite straight too. :D But i'm getting jaw surgery done so they'll have to be further straightened after that. /:

Oh noo :( my cousin has to get that too... Poor lads in 6th year as well and hasn't even gotten them on!

Oh noo :( my cousin has to get that too... Poor lads in 6th year as well and hasn't even gotten them on!
    Are his teeth crooked though? He might not need them? S:
    My sister got it done. Her face was like a balloon I swear. XD But like, her speech and everything has really improved and her bite is good so she's happy.
    I've the same case as her.. and judging by her result I decided to get it done too. I'm half looking forward to it in a way.. :P

p.s. her face is no longer like a balloon. just to point that out. xD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Since mid second year for me and I also did TY! Mine have given me a lisp. :(

Roide me ya beasht!

challenge_accepted_Its_Another_New_Post_D-s400x300-128676-580.jpg

My sister got it done. Her face was like a balloon I swear. XD But like, her speech and everything has really improved and her bite is good so she's happy.
    I've the same case as her.. and judging by her result I decided to get it done too. I'm half looking forward to it in a way.. :P

Yeah no they are crooked, though wouldn't pass any remarks like mine were worse! So hopefully he'll be quick :)
    Yeah that's brill! Sure the balloon-face is only temporary.. I'm sure you'll be delighted with the results! :D good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    Haha, b!tchin about schools, are we?
    I love my school, except for the fact it's a bit too small for the number of students in there this year, switching rooms after the bell rings is a nightmare, it gets soo cramped sometimes! :O But apart from that, tis lovely! We have one of the nicest veiws of the city....which of course means I'm almost always looking out the window during class! :P
    If only I didn't have to walk up there in the mornings....
    This sounds kind of like mine, except I don't know anyone that loves the school. Hmmm...
    Ohhh don'g get me started on braces. My orthodontist told me I'd have them off for March, then he said during the summer, after that it was when I went back to school and now it's Christmas. Can't waaaaait to get them off :(

Your face would be fine! Your username hints the result. Bubblehope.

Yeah no they are crooked, though wouldn't pass any remarks like mine were worse! So hopefully he'll be quick :)
    Yeah that's brill! Sure the balloon-face is only temporary.. I'm sure you'll be delighted with the results! :D good luck :)
    I hope so! thank-you! (: And good luck to your cousin too hey. (:

You're face would be fine! Your username hints the result. Bubblehope.
    n'aww haha i like that! :D

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    Haha, b!tchin about schools, are we?
    I love my school, except for the fact it's a bit too small for the number of students in there this year, switching rooms after the bell rings is a nightmare, it gets soo cramped sometimes! :O But apart from that, tis lovely! We have one of the nicest veiws of the city....which of course means I'm almost always looking out the window during class! :P
    If only I didn't have to walk up there in the mornings....

View of the City eh?
    All we see is a country lake through the Front of the school with a Mountain backdrop and about 20 metres of the road infront of the school. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Goodnight LC'ers <33333333333333333333333333333333

M&S* wrote: »

I'd say that just the ''Goodnight'' bit is fine, I wanna have a peaceful sleep without any worries. :D

Oh god, fyl :/
    I got mine the week before fifth year... They're really straight though, my usual dentist thought I was nearly finished m (hadn't been to him in yeaaaars though :P). No sign of them coming off though, haven't started the elastics. What do they do?
    They pull your teeth together like if you have a gap between the top tooth and the bottom one!
    Cian A wrote: »
    challenge_accepted_Its_Another_New_Post_D-s400x300-128676-580.jpg
    tumblr_lke8c9wMt91qh0gljo1_500.gif
    ****yeahmeangirls ftw <3
    M&S* wrote: »
    Luv u long tym xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

This is gonna be tricky :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Sweet lord I'm doing damn all this year! :O
    Constantly late because bed is too tantalizing in the morning. I walk to school since I'm 5 minutes from it, so yeah, lateness = problem. Haha :P

Motivation is at an all time low to the point where I don't even do homework :S
    I'm a disaster. Haha :O

• Advertisement

Manic2 wrote: »
    Sweet lord I'm doing damn all this year! :O
    Constantly late because bed is too tantalizing in the morning. I walk to school since I'm 5 minutes from it, so yeah, lateness = problem. Haha :P

Motivation is at an all time low to the point where I don't even do homework :S
    I'm a disaster. Haha :O
    I agree. you are a disaster.
    Only joking! XD I'm just as bad as ya! Told myself three weeks ago that i'd have all my ag science experiments written up by october. that didn't happen. :P
    I seriously don't know how I'm waking up every morning though.. I go to bed at like 2am every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

I agree. you are a disaster.
    Only joking! XD I'm just as bad as ya! Told myself three weeks ago that i'd have all my ag science experiments written up by october. that didn't happen. :P
    I seriously don't know how I'm waking up every morning though.. I go to bed at like 2am every night.

Same!
    I have a whole geography field study to write up and most of the class have it done. Our teacher, who has been in the school for like 40 years, took a sudden sick leave, she was brilliant, and now we have a new young fella, and he's terrible! It's such a difference.

6th year is defo not going as planned! :(

Manic2 wrote: »
    Same!
    I have a whole geography field study to write up and most of the class have it done. Our teacher, who has been in the school for like 40 years, took a sudden sick leave, she was brilliant, and now we have a new young fella, and he's terrible! It's such a difference.

6th year is defo not going as planned! :(

my ag science teacher is aw.ful. you have no idea.. he goes on about random facts that have nothing to do with ag science at all, for a full class!! so you're not alone in the crappy teacher boat. xD i remember one day he was talking about the different types of colourblindess for a double class.. interesting stuff but c'mon. i didn't choose the subject for random facts. o:

i guess the best thing to do is stop the worrying and get on with it (x
    for once imma take my own advice... gonna start on them experiments now!! good luck to you! :D you'll be fine hey. (:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Living for Wednesday's at this stage. Monday and Tuesday gotta be in for 8 for early classes and have grinds after school so it's a solid 8-6 those days, Thursday in early but thanfully no grind that day! Getting into school at the normal time is a luxury now :o

Living for Wednesday's at this stage. Monday and Tuesday gotta be in for 8 for early classes and have grinds after school so it's a solid 8-6 those days, Thursday in early but thanfully no grind that day! Getting into school at the normal time is a luxury now :o

Haha I know what you mean, for the last few weekends I've either been working Saturday and Sunday morning or working Sunday morning and grinds on Saturday morning, I have to be up at 6:50 for work and at the same time as school for grinds, so getting up for school is like a sleep-in now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Early classes? Those sound like a good idea.. I wish our teachers thought of that for 6th years!

Early classes? Those sound like a good idea.. I wish our teachers thought of that for 6th years!

I'd die, it was enough of a struggle to drag myself out of bed this morning at ten to 9!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

I was told the Leaving Cert starts today 35 weeks :eek:

For HL Irish we've 20 picture stories. For the grind I'm doing, each one is a page to a page and a half long. Are ye learning them off, or just getting a rough idea?

Limerick open days Friday the 14th :D Looking forward to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

13spanner wrote: »
    I was told the Leaving Cert starts today 35 weeks :eek:

For HL Irish we've 20 picture stories. For the grind I'm doing, each one is a page to a page and a half long. Are ye learning them off, or just getting a rough idea?

Limerick open days Friday the 14th :D Looking forward to that!

I thought the open days were on the Thursday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

So my Irish teacher was saying that the aiste was supposed to be around 500 words, instead of the old 600, in the new syllabus and that's what it says in the sample papers and stuff, but teacher complained so it's been put back up to 600. Souuuuuuund

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement