Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Do we really need grinds?
    If you manage your week properly, you'll pass the Leaving Cert with not much trouble.

Agreed, I've never had grinds, however as for management, I am an absolute disaster. I mean I've done no homework since Sunday night. This week has been such a scrap. So ye work on time management then no problems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Doomed for physics!

Doooooomed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Nope, I know exactly what you mean. I have him for pass maths too (I know, honours physics and pass maths :p) but I'm good enough at maths to make my own way through that..
    Doomed for physics!
    You'll get through it, I'm rather doomed for biology :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

How the hell haven't I found his thread before?! :O I've just found my ultimate procrastination tool :P quick question, what have people done in accounting? My teacher is actually a psychopath who can't teach so I'm really worried we're really behind! Like we started the question 1's almost two weeks ago and we've only done one and a half questions :O

Niamh94 wrote: »
    How the hell haven't I found his thread before?! :O I've just found my ultimate procrastination tool :P quick question, what have people done in accounting? My teacher is actually a psychopath who can't teach so I'm really worried we're really behind! Like we started the question 1's almost two weeks ago and we've only done one and a half questions :O

Welcome, I enrolled yesterday, come for a homework break...then never leave.:D

As for accounting, I haven't even looked at the papers yet so my assumption that we're going at reasonable pace is purely being hopeful, I honestly have no idea how much we have to do. Good thing my teacher's not a psychopath though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Cian A wrote: »
    Welcome, I enrolled yesterday, come for a homework break...then never leave.:D

As for accounting, I haven't even looked at the papers yet so my assumption that we're going at reasonable pace is purely being hopeful, I honestly have no idea how much we have to do. Good thing my teacher's not a psychopath though!

Haha ya somehow I see that happening to me too :P
    Well see I've had this teacher since second year for business and then accounting, and it's a well known fact she's insane, she had some kinda breakdown last year so was out from September to christmas on "parental leave" when everyone knows she was in a psychiatric ward >.> (best 3 months of my academic life btw) like there's only 11 in the class and 8 are getting grinds :O methinks it'll be 9 fairly soon if things keep going the way they are :O

Hello Niamh! :D This is a lovely place to procrastinate, cause you know you're not the only LCer doing nothing when you see this lot chatting :rolleyes:
    As goes accounting, I don't do it so I can't help!

Hello Niamh! :D This is a lovely place to procrastinate, cause you know you're not the only LCer doing nothing when you see this lot chatting :rolleyes:
    As goes accounting, I don't do it so I can't help!

And don't you take this away from me either! The amount of home ec talk that goes on here...now back to accounting talk, so yeah eh accounting huh? Fairly damn exciting...

Haha ya somehow I see that happening to me too :P
    Well see I've had this teacher since second year for business and then accounting, and it's a well known fact she's insane, she had some kinda breakdown last year so was out from September to christmas on "parental leave" when everyone knows she was in a psychiatric ward >.> (best 3 months of my academic life btw) like there's only 11 in the class and 8 are getting grinds :O methinks it'll be 9 fairly soon if things keep going the way they are :O

Oh yeah I read about that in the paper. It was reported her Total net assets did not equal capital employed. Tragic:(

I do neither home ec nor accounting. :(

Chemistry, anyone? :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fleeflyfloflum

Chemistry and Accounting, and I love them both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Chemistry, anyone? :/
    I don't do Chemistry.. BUT I was thinking.... would it be possible to take it up only now and do the full course? S: Is it really difficult?

Bubbleope wrote: »
    I don't do Chemistry.. BUT I was thinking.... would it be possible to take it up only now and do the full course? S: Is it really difficult?
    Honestly, I'd go for something like economics... It's not a particularly long course but it's heavy throughout, which makes it difficult to study, also some parts will be very difficult without having a teacher! :/

Honestly, I'd go for something like economics... It's not a particularly long course but it's heavy throughout, which makes it difficult to study, also some parts will be very difficult without having a teacher! :/
    oh right.. S: thankoop! i was just thinking about taking it up as an 8th subject outside of the school cause i think i want to do veterinary medicine which you need chemistry for! But still it's like almost 600 points so I don't think I'll bother.. S: Ugh ah well.. still got a lot of other interests. (:
    Does anyone here know exactly what they want to do in college? (:

oh right.. S: thankoop! i was just thinking about taking it up as an 8th subject outside of the school cause i think i want to do veterinary medicine which you need chemistry for! But still it's like almost 600 points so I don't think I'll bother.. S: Ugh ah well.. still got a lot of other interests. (:

Learning of sorts... Oh you mean what course? No not a clue

Learning of sorts... Oh you mean what course? No not a clue
    haha yup, learning. xD sure look up nuig and ucd and tcd and all them colleges and check out what courses you might be interested in. (: helped me when i had no clue whatsoever what to do!! :)

Well if you think you'll have the motivation for it then by all means do it! I just know that I wouldn't be able to do it by myself. Do you live near Galway? If you do I could give you a photocopy of my grinds notes if you want.

For college, I know what I want to do and what I know I should do. It's so so hard to choose :/

Well if you think you'll have the motivation for it then by all means do it! I just know that I wouldn't be able to do it by myself. Do you live near Galway? If you do I could give you a photocopy of my grinds notes if you want.

For college, I know what I want to do and what I know I should do. It's so so hard to choose :/

So nice of you!! O: I'm about 2 hours from Galway. :P I wanna go to Galway for college actually. SO much nicer than Dublin. stupid Dublin. Not good for culchies. :p
    But yeah anyways, (: I don't think I'll bother with Chemistry. I've got enough to worry about.. darn honours maths.. just passing it by a few percent each time! /: My brain would explode with more work. :eek:

What do you want to do/ know you should do? :D

I don't know if it's anything similar but people would say to me "But theres so much money in xxxx", where I'm thinking I should probably pick something because I think I'd enjoy it.

haha yup, learning. xD sure look up nuig and ucd and tcd and all them colleges and check out what courses you might be interested in. (: helped me when i had no clue whatsoever what to do!! :)

I'm from Dublin so Tcd and ucd are my main options but funnily enough should I get a chance to move out of the county I'd go for Nuig. Galway seems like a great place!

• Advertisement

I'm from Dublin so Tcd and ucd are my main options but funnily enough should I get a chance to move out of the county I'd go for Nuig. Galway seems like a great place!
    Haha! It is a great place.. :D
    But I think Dublin has more choice and better choices like.. The majority of nuig is all engineering and i have no interest for that at all. If tcd and ucd were in Galway I would be SO HAPPY! life is just evil. xD I actually don't know how I'd handle myself in Dublin! xD

Haha! It is a great place.. :D
    But I think Dublin has more choice and better choices like.. The majority of nuig is all engineering and i have no interest for that at all. If tcd and ucd were in Galway I would be SO HAPPY! life is just evil. xD I actually don't know how I'd handle myself in Dublin! xD

Its not that much different really...Except it has people and buildings and stuff

Its not that much different really...Except it has people and buildings and stuff
    too many people i think. xD I dunno.. i guess I'm not used to it.
    Got lost trying to find Grafton street a few months ago! But I guess I'd know my way around if I actually do go there. :p
    Gonna go and finish me comparative study I've meant to have done for tomorrow now! :( lahh
    g'night! (:

So nice of you!! O: I'm about 2 hours from Galway. :P I wanna go to Galway for college actually. SO much nicer than Dublin. stupid Dublin. Not good for culchies. :p
    But yeah anyways, (: I don't think I'll bother with Chemistry. I've got enough to worry about.. darn honours maths.. just passing it by a few percent each time! /: My brain would explode with more work. :eek:

What do you want to do/ know you should do? :D
    I really want to study languages, either French and German or French and Italian, but I should do a sciencey course so I can get a good job. Ugh, life decisions aren't fun to make!
    I don't know if it's anything similar but people would say to me "But theres so much money in xxxx", where I'm thinking I should probably pick something because I think I'd enjoy it.
    Not sure whether I feel the same way tbh :/
    too many people i think. xD I dunno.. i guess I'm not used to it.
    Got lost trying to find Grafton street a few months ago! But I guess I'd know my way around if I actually do go there. :p
    Gonna go and finish me comparative study I've meant to have done for tomorrow now! :( lahh
    g'night! (:
    Galway's tiny and really easy to get used to :)

I really want to study languages, either French and German or French and Italian, but I should do a sciencey course so I can get a good job. Ugh, life decisions aren't fun to make!

Not sure whether I feel the same way tbh :/

Well its sort of if you think about it, you're balancing what's likely to get you a job against what you'd really enjoy.

Goodnight all

Well its sort of if you think about it, you're balancing what's likely to get you a job against what you'd really enjoy.

That's exactly it! And then I think I'll defo do languages. But then I think of people who speak other languages, and end up working in McDonalds.

If there's anyone still here, g'night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ooooh I love chemistry. It's possible to take it up this year and get an honour. But you'd need to start like right now. There's a lot of concept grabbing so If you could get grinds it'd make your life a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Haha I know what you mean, for the last few weekends I've either been working Saturday and Sunday morning or working Sunday morning and grinds on Saturday morning, I have to be up at 6:50 for work and at the same time as school for grinds, so getting up for school is like a sleep-in now :rolleyes:

Yeah that's one of the things killing me about it like. It's not so much the work and study, but just the lack of sleep:o I'm seeing it as preparation for (hopeful) future fatherhood:pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah that's one of the things killing me about it like. It's not so much the work and study, but just the lack of sleep:o I'm seeing it as preparation for (hopeful) future fatherhood:pac:

Omg I always thought you were a girl :O

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement