Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Oh yeah - no attempt marks in Project Maths, so that's kinda messed up.

Also now that i think of it, does anyone else have an idiot physics teacher? Failed me because I didn't write definitions exactly how he gave them to us, in fact he marked some of mine wrong, when the guy across the room wrote the same and got it right...

No attempt marks?! I heard its like...they start with 10 marks and deduct for mistakes, rather than add on for correct things but that sounds kinda dumb. And your physics teacher IS my geography teacher omg, I write whats in the notes and dont get marks when other people do and I asked this cool teacher who was like 'Yeah that is correct hes just a hard marker" :pac:
    Namlub wrote: »
    Like I said, it's apparently been changed back to to three pages? I'd love to big wrong like, but 'bhí a lán múinteoirí ag gearán', so she says :rolleyes:
    My teacher made us do 2 page essays in 5th year but she had said that we'd have to extend them to 3 pages...theres just not enough information D:
    I hate that so much, when you have a **** teacher but they're lovely and you feel soo bad calling them **** so you try to lie to yourself and tell yourself that they're good.. or is that just me :confused:
    My history teacher :( Hes lovely but is just so slow and on our essays he just puts some ticks and then like 'good' or something, no grades. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Can anyone point me to an article on the impact of technology on young people that could be copied?I'm really stuck :(

I've looked but have had no luck so far

It's for english by the way has to be 4 pages

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

B2 in maths! Wahey!
    And there should be attempt marks in project maths, but you still have to have a little bit of it right to get those just like you always did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Can anyone point me to an article on the impact of technology on young people that could be copied?I'm really stuck :(

Games consoles - how many people do you know are glued to them day in day out?
    Facebook, boards, twitter, etc - people spend hours on them.
    iPods, phones, tablets, etc, etc - there's loads, just think outside the box. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I do neither home ec nor accounting. :(

Chemistry, anyone? :/

Chemistry. Bane of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Meglamonia wrote: »

2011 essay?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Omg I always thought you were a girl :O

Imagine saying that to someones face :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Omg I always thought you were a girl :O

I get that a lot :pac: (Usually online though:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Chemistry. Bane of my life.
    You weirdo, I love it <3
    I get that a lot :pac: (Usually online though:p)
    It's your username I think! I thought Namlub was a boy for months :P

You weirdo, I love it <3

It's your username I think! I thought Namlub was a boy for months :P

I've an idea that you're a girl, but jano I could be wrong, it's a 33% chance :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

^
    'They' might be a male.

I've an idea that you're a girl, but jano I could be wrong, it's a 33% chance :pac:
    You're right, I am 33% female. Hermaphroditism ftm.

Boards needs some sort of pink and blue tagline system :P

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

I am a male!
    I am a male!
    I am a male!
    I am a male!

You're right, I am 33% female. Hermaphroditism ftm.
    Post-op?:cool:

Surely by the laws of nature you would think "she" is male so. I won't judge you if you say you do lower maths:D...or biology

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Boards needs some sort of pink and blue tagline system :P

you need to stop dodging french orals :p

Post-op?:cool:

I like it this way, I can get with whoever I want without being called gay :cool:

you need to stop dodging french orals :p

You did not want to talk me Sunday. I was a giant raging bitch on Sunday. I would have made everyone cry.. This week I'll be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

So anyone do biology? :P
    I'm doing honours and I have a feeling we're so far behind because our teacher is going so slow!
    The other honours class and even the pass class are chapters ahead of us! :O
    She doesn't use the book and just makes us take down notes and is always just adding useless things that aren't in the book, we do an hour after school a week and we're still behind :O

So what has everyone else done? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

2011 essay?!

yeah :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Manic2 wrote: »
    So anyone do biology? :P
    I'm doing honours and I have a feeling we're so far behind because our teacher is going so slow!
    The other honours class and even the pass class are chapters ahead of us! :O
    She doesn't use the book and just makes us take down notes and is always just adding useless things that aren't in the book, we do an hour after school a week and we're still behind :O

So what has everyone else done? :)

We've done: the scientific method, characteristics of life, food, cell structure, cell diversity, diffusion and osmosis, cell division, classifications of organisms, Monera, fungi, protista, structure of flowering plant, transport, food and storage and gas exchange in plants, blood, heart and blood vessels, lymphatic system, human nutrition, homeostasis, human breathing, excretion, plant responses, nervous system, senses, endocrine system, skeleton and muscles and just finished the human defence system!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eoin Cunniffe 94

We've done: the scientific method, characteristics of life, food, cell structure, cell diversity, diffusion and osmosis, cell division, classifications of organisms, Monera, fungi, protista, structure of flowering plant, transport, food and storage and gas exchange in plants, blood, heart and blood vessels, lymphatic system, human nutrition, homeostasis, human breathing, excretion, plant responses, nervous system, senses, endocrine system, skeleton and muscles and just finished the human defence system![/Quote]

We've done roughly the same give or take a chapter or two !
    Seems to be at a decent rate and in line with other classes and schools I know of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Still a lot to get through though! I'm not looking forward to next years paper tbh! Human reproduction didn't come up last year which was a "guaranteed" question. It's so long, they spent weeks doing it in my school apparently! :(

I like it this way, I can get with whoever I want without being called gay :cool:

(Jeez dare I make a sex joke with someone who might be a male) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

I'm so tired. SO tired. I had an alright day like, and I'm still dead.

Must do home ec journals.

I had a maths test today after double PE. Hell! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

M&S* wrote: »
    We've done: the scientific method, characteristics of life, food, cell structure, cell diversity, diffusion and osmosis, cell division, classifications of organisms, Monera, fungi, protista, structure of flowering plant, transport, food and storage and gas exchange in plants, blood, heart and blood vessels, lymphatic system, human nutrition, homeostasis, human breathing, excretion, plant responses, nervous system, senses, endocrine system, skeleton and muscles and just finished the human defence system!

I've done all of these except we haven't done anything on plants and we're half way through the genetics section. So that's like genetic crosses and heredity and all. Although the pass and other honours class would be basically almost finished the course because they have genetics done and almost finished plants with just ecology to go I think. :/

(Jeez dare I make a sex joke with someone who might be a male) :pac:

Go for it, but you should know you're like to get a clobbering to the face. Past experience y'know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I don't get what all the chem-hate is about here, I <3 it. As for Irish though...................*shudders*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Ah I like chemistry... For me it's just hard to learn!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement