Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Cian A wrote: »
    Go for it, but you should know you're like to get a clobbering to the face. Past experience y'know ;)

For every 100 clobberings to the face you might get lucky :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Debs in 3 weeks. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Lads. Why do I feel like I can't do anything anymore? That's two nights I've had to abandon my business homework because I do not comprehend what a breakeven chart is, we finished the circle quadrant thingy section of trig today and I don't get that either, and I wrote the most pointless essay about Parnell today because I found it so hard to decide if he was actually successful or not. I hate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Ally7 wrote: »
    I don't get what all the chem-hate is about here, I <3 it. As for Irish though...................*shudders*

I'd say Im one of few students in the country who can say Irish is my favourite subject. I'm not exactly a languagey person, but Irish is a pleasure to speak.

Here comes the hate:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

I'm too late but ah wells...
    Namlub wrote: »
    This sounds kind of like mine, except I don't know anyone that loves the school. Hmmm...
    Ohhh don'g get me started on braces. My orthodontist told me I'd have them off for March, then he said during the summer, after that it was when I went back to school and now it's Christmas. Can't waaaaait to get them off :(

Haha, well, i don't love it love it...but I don't hate it either. :P

I still have to get braces. urgh.

View of the City eh?
    All we see is a country lake through the Front of the school with a Mountain backdrop and about 20 metres of the road infront of the school. :(

Yup, my school's at the top of a hill so yeah, it's pretty good. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

I'd say Im one of few students in the country who can say Irish is my favourite subject. I'm not exactly a languagey person, but Irish is a pleasure to speak.

Here comes the hate:pac:

Mise freisin. :D Is freak mór mé. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Sarah? wrote: »
    Mise freisin. :D Is freak mór mé. :pac:

Same as you guys, I love Irish, although I do go to a Gaelscoil :P
    I'm very happy with the new Irish LC course what do you guys think? Seems a bit too easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    Yup, my school's at the top of a hill so yeah, it's pretty good. :P

It's worth it for the view, outstanding:pac:

I'm very happy with the new Irish LC course what do you guys think? Seems a bit too easy :)

Easier for you guys to get your 40% as you're speaking irish chuile lá. I'm not so certain myself, but I'm glad to not have to do stair na gaeilge whatever that was!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Ally7 wrote: »
    I don't get what all the chem-hate is about here, I <3 it. As for Irish though...................*shudders*
    Hey Soul Sister, ain't that Ally7 on the radio, stereo the way you move ain't fair you know...

<3 Chem
    </3 Irish
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

Easier for you guys to get your 40% as you're speaking irish chuile lá. I'm not so certain myself, but I'm glad to not have to do stair na gaeilge whatever that was!

I'd love to go to a Gaelscoil. :( The new course is way easier, I did the old one, paper two was awful! 40% oral = iontach! I was fierce jealous when I thought I'd be missing out on the new cúrsa - guess repeating isn't so bad... :P

Sarah? wrote: »
    I'd love to go to a Gaelscoil. :( The new course is way easier, I did the old one, paper two was awful! 40% oral = iontach! I was fierce jealous when I thought I'd be missing out on the new cúrsa - guess repeating isn't so bad... :P

Well project maths is shit so that kind of balances out.

Mind if I ask what course you were going for last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Got the Irish paper today, looks ok except for the 2 leamhthuiscint on paper 2. As for enjoying Irish, each to their own I suppose :D not my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

I've heard that Irish papers are out on the 21st of October (my 18th :D ) and maths are out in November!!:eek::eek::eek:

Anybody else doing 7 honours AND LCVP??? :) I am, and I'm not the only one. I went to a career guidance councilor outside of school and she almost gave out to me over it!! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

I really want to study languages, either French and German or French and Italian, but I should do a sciencey course so I can get a good job. Ugh, life decisions aren't fun to make!
    Maybe there's a sciencey course with a language out there somewhere? (: you never know! :)
    Ooooh I love chemistry. It's possible to take it up this year and get an honour. But you'd need to start like right now. There's a lot of concept grabbing so If you could get grinds it'd make your life a lot easier.

thanks for the info. :D but I've decided that I'm not gonna bother. I won't be able to get almost 600 points, especially if I've got an extra subject!! O: So I think I'm just gonna aim for Veterinary Nursing instead.. maybe interior designing or an arts degree even.
    Chuchoter wrote: »
    B2 in maths! Wahey!
    And there should be attempt marks in project maths, but you still have to have a little bit of it right to get those just like you always did.
    What in the hell do you mean there "should be attempt marks" WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD ABOUT THIS? D: I need attempt marks. O: I can't pass otherwise. Dx

--
    p.s. is aoibhinn liom Gaeilge freisin! :D

I've heard that Irish papers are out on the 21st of October (my 18th :D ) and maths are out in November!!:eek::eek::eek:

Anybody else doing 7 honours AND LCVP??? :) I am, and I'm not the only one. I went to a career guidance councilor outside of school and she almost gave out to me over it!! :(:(

8 honours including applied maths (although I've kind of designated french as my not bothering subject, so ill be looking for my best 6 of 7 anyway)

Personally I hate exam papers, they remind you of "that thing" in 8 months

Ar ábhar eile, is iontach an méid gaeilgeorí atá anseo. Cuireann sé gliondar I mo chroí, saghas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Is maith liom turtar!

ná bí ag caint gaeilge anseo, ní thuigim aon rud agus níl a fhios agamsa cén fáth the fúck go bhfuil mé ag déanamh árdleibhéal. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

mar is daoine cliste muid :P

Anyone going up to Mary I next week know the set up? I've no ideas of times etc :(

• Advertisement

My work for the weekend is a poetry essay, a comparative essay and an Irish test, a Chemistry test and a maths test to study for. Fml.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

UCC anybody? :D

UCC anybody? :D
    Yeah! I don't know what to go to though :(

My work for the weekend is a poetry essay, a comparative essay and an Irish test, a Chemistry test and a maths test to study for. Fml.

If you procrastinate really really hard, And leave yourself almost no time by the end of the weekend to do it in, it is said that once every thousand years one can achieve a state of being known as study montage mode.

Any day now I can feel it's going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

ITS THE WEEKEND!!!!!!! :D

Went to my career guidance teacher today. She made me a study plan. Looks like I'll ve working from 5-10.15 :/ Plus she said I should be a nurse or an agricultural advisor... Okay... I don't even know what an agricultural advisor does...

Siobhnk wrote: »
    ITS THE WEEKEND!!!!!!! :D

Went to my career guidance teacher today. She made me a study plan. Looks like I'll ve working from 5-10.15 :/ Plus she said I should be a nurse or an agricultural advisor... Okay... I don't even know what an agricultural advisor does...

Farmer: Ah how's she cuttin' boi should i gets me some o' dem cows should I?
    Ag. Adv: Nah grow potatoes.

Demanding work

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

I have an english essay, a whole home ec assignment, a whole geography field study and also to study for a biology test on viruses aswell as a home ec test on both carbohydrates and a whole elective. 2 home ec tests in one double. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

I didnt go to school. Therefore I have no homework :)

Guess this means I can get wasted this weekend? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

School was amazing today !! the first school event that we organised !!!
    Still buzzing :D 6th year is by far the funnest year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Siobhnk wrote: »
    I don't even know what an agricultural advisor does...
    As far as I know they advise agriculture :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement