Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Joey. wrote: »
    But it's quite disheartening to know that I'm doing even less! Still not enough to motivate me though.

Start going to the library after school everyday like me! Starting tomorrow...that's if the library is open :pac:

I'll feel weird going in though, cause like it's so tiny and I haven't been in there in years. Is it normal to go into small community libraries to study or can you only do that in public libraries?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Start going to the library after school everyday like me! Starting tomorrow...that's if the library is open :pac:

I'll feel weird going in though, cause like it's so tiny and I haven't been in there in years. Is it normal to go into small community libraries to study or can you only do that in public libraries?

Hmm I don't know about community libraries but I go to a public library about once a week to get a heap of work done, it's so necessary too I get so little done at home. A lot of people here talk about studying, All I aim to get done is my homework and i struggle even at that. I've really got to raise the standard.
    Ar aon nós oiche mhaith, gach duine

Cian A wrote: »
    Hmm I don't know about community libraries but I go to a public library about once a week to get a heap of work done, it's so necessary too I get so little done at home. A lot of people here talk about studying, All I aim to get done is my homework and i struggle even at that. I've really got to raise the standard.
    Ar aon nós oiche mhaith, gach duine

Well yeah, that's what I meant like, a public library. I think I'm gonna go Monday-Friday after school, I'd actually get loads done.
    Right, I'm off too, night!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I do study after school, so y'know, effort like :p
    I just remembered yearbook photos are on Tuesday...gonna have an early night tomorrow (or technically today) or I'll look like death incarnated.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

I'm still going. Have the essay half done. Taking a little break for some pasta and coffee. :D

• Advertisement

I can't believe I'm still awake, gonna crash soon though. Nearly on the concluding paragraph and then I can sleeeeeeeeeeep :D:D
    My writing is becoming illegible, struggling here :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Can't sleep ffs

Also ugh school, weekends are too short etc etc

Still going. Essay still incomplete. Grrr..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

It makes me feel bad to see people staying up this late to do finish homework when I didn't even start mine...two free classes tomorrow though, s'all good

Namlub wrote: »
    It makes me feel bad to see people staying up this late to do finish homework when I didn't even start mine...two free classes tomorrow though, s'all good

Don't this doesn't/won't be happening too often. :O

• Advertisement

Today, in order to procrastinate, I decided to unleash my inner chef! :D Going to the shop now to buy ingredients! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

After month last year of getting constant Cs is HL English, my grades have improved to B's!! YAY!!

Also my teacher was at a "Maths Fest"... sounds fun... she was telling us about the new marking scheme with slips and blunders... scary stuff :eek::o

The dates for the orals and practiacals are from the 16th to the 27th April, which means they're after Easter... nooooooooo!!
    I really want them before Easter so I can just get them out of the way!:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Sometimes it's all right if they just forgot to do something and need it fast, but those one's who keep asking for it I'll just tell them where they can go.

Now I'm "finished" my applied maths (got half of them wrong but I'm not arsed) and I'm packing all of the other books I never even opened into my bag, what an unproductive weekend!

Yup yup, this person I sit beside though, so I'd have to put up with them if I piss them off and stuff so I actually just give them the homework. Ah well, it's not me who'll be failing the subject anyways! :D Oh the failure of others.. always makes me smile. ;):D
    And talking about unproductive.. I ALWAYS have more books in my schoolbag than I do in my locker.. yet there's no point in it since I never actually study. xD Instead I do be watching tv or listening to music or anything else. :p But that shall change from tomorrow. library time! :p

Tea makes me wanna vom. The taste, the smell, the colour when people put too much milk in it. Disgusting. Coffee, on the other hand <3

Milky tea is horrible. Nice hot tea that's not too strong but definitely strong enough.. is delicious! :D With a hint of sugar. Can't forget the sugar. (;

Today, in order to procrastinate, I decided to unleash my inner chef! :D Going to the shop now to buy ingredients! :P

What're ya cooking! :D Give me some whatever it is! :D I'm shtarved. O:
    After month last year of getting constant Cs is HL English, my grades have improved to B's!! YAY!!

Also my teacher was at a "Maths Fest"... sounds fun... she was telling us about the new marking scheme with slips and blunders... scary stuff :eek::o

The dates for the orals and practiacals are from the 16th to the 27th April, which means they're after Easter... nooooooooo!!
    I really want them before Easter so I can just get them out of the way!:pac::pac:

Ugh, I can't wait til they're over with too! O: But I s'pose we have more time to prepare now.. which is good. I think. (:
    And well done on the english!! :D:D I'm slowly getting better myself! Got my first A in AGES today for my comparative essay. :D

Bubbleope wrote: »

Ugh, I can't wait til they're over with too! O: But I s'pose we have more time to prepare now.. which is good. I think. (:
    And well done on the english!! :D:D I'm slowly getting better myself! Got my first A in AGES today for my comparative essay. :D

Baby potatoes with hot chili sauce and naan bread!

Baby potatoes with hot chili sauce and naan bread!

Ah!! A few of my favourite things! :D mmm chili, shlurp. Well enjoy that hey! (: I'm going for a while, gonna get meself a packet of crisps to quench the hunger and then off to start on the homework. bleh maths, depressant of my life!
    Keep procrastinating people! (;

Bubbleope wrote: »

I'm sort of worried about english actually, we've only done about 3 essays total since the beginning of 5th year :eek: and I would manage a B every time but I just can't crack that A. But yeh my main worry is being seriously underpracticed come June.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

And well done on the english!! :D:D I'm slowly getting better myself! Got my first A in AGES today for my comparative essay. :D[/QUOTE]

I'm sort of worried about english actually, we've only done about 3 essays total since the beginning of 5th year :eek: and I would manage a B every time but I just can't crack that A. But yeh my main worry is being seriously underpracticed come June.[/Quote]

We do an essay basically every weekend our teacher gave us 3 the first day back to do before midterm had two this weekend !

Seeya later, have fun!

Come on Cian, you can do it....just open the book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Parent teacher meetings tomorrow! :rolleyes:
    We don't get a half day though. :mad: We always used to! I have so much work to do, but i really can't be bothered.

I'm sort of worried about english actually, we've only done about 3 essays total since the beginning of 5th year :eek: and I would manage a B every time but I just can't crack that A. But yeh my main worry is being seriously underpracticed come June.

I have only ever gotten 1 A in an english essay ever. :O Always 70's - 80's %

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Fierce tired and it's only Monday! :( This leaving cert business is really wearing me out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

My class is the same with English! Last year the only essay work we did was an assessment test on our single text around October/November, then our Christmas test which had a single text essay, a poetry essay and a piece of functional writing. Then we did one Plath essay and our summer test, where we had to do a single text essay, a poetry essay, and a comparative essay. That was all we did last year, this year will be more essay-focused, apparently. We did one paper 1 composition a few weeks ago which we just got back today. I'm averaging sort of high Cs/low Bs, but to be honest I'm not bothered with English. I'm going to put it off as my "7th subject", because I'm better at and much prefer my other 6 :p

We did barely any essays last year. We did 2 Hamlet essays, one Boland essay and one Comparative. Nothing for paper I at all. Also our teacher last year told us to write 2 pages for an essay. My teacher this year is SO much better, an essay every weekend and they have to be 4 pages.
    Got 42/50 in my last essay, I was so sickened, had I gotten 42.5/50 it'd've been an A2! :(

leaveiton wrote: »
    My class is the same with English! Last year the only essay work we did was an assessment test on our single text around October/November, then our Christmas test which had a single text essay, a poetry essay and a piece of functional writing. Then we did one Plath essay and our summer test, where we had to do a single text essay, a poetry essay, and a comparative essay. That was all we did last year, this year will be more essay-focused, apparently. We did one paper 1 composition a few weeks ago which we just got back today. I'm averaging sort of high Cs/low Bs, but to be honest I'm not bothered with English. I'm going to put it off as my "7th subject", because I'm better at and much prefer my other 6 :p

My subject preference goes something like this:

1. Maths
    2. Physics
    3. Applied Maths
    4. Irish
    5. Accounting
    6. Business
    7. English
    8. French

Yearbook photos tomorrow :eek:

My subject preference goes something like this:

1. Maths
    2. Physics
    3. Applied Maths
    4. Irish
    5. Accounting
    6. Business
    7. English
    8. French

You freak! For me, it's:

1. French
    2. English
    3. Chemistry
    4. Business
    5. Maths (pass)
    6. Biology
    7. Irish. Bane of my life.

I got a new teacher this year. So happy! Last year I had this teacher that NEVER came into class.. and when she did we did nothing. This year has been the first year we've actually started doing actual questions. O:
    But you can crack that A! I know you can!!! xD Seriously.. you can. (: If you're being underpracticed, sure just practice yourself.. and maybe hand up your work to some english teacher to get corrected. (:
    You freak! For me, it's:

1. French
    2. English
    3. Chemistry
    4. Business
    5. Maths (pass)
    6. Biology

Haha, for me it's
    1. Music
    2. German
    3. Ag Science
    4. Irish
    5. Biology
    6. English
    7. Maths = DOOM.

• Advertisement

You freak! For me, it's:

1. French
    2. English
    3. Chemistry
    4. Business
    5. Maths (pass)
    6. Biology

Ba chóir dom a bheith ag chaint as gaeilge ar an suiomh seo níos minice chun tusa a chur ar buile. Is aoibhinn liom gaeilge agus is í gaeilge an t-aon teanga a bhainim taitneamh as sa scoil.

Je deteste la francais. Je ne sais pas pourquoi ecrire en francais. Par exemple, la phrase que je viens d'écrit, il etait probablement la phrase le plus mieux que j'ai ecrit dans l'annee entiere. Et il etait merde

Whatever about the quality of that post I'm actually fairly proud of myself for writing that on my own, I've been using google translate all year (Then again I've only handed in 3 of 14 assignments)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement