Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I never really saw study as something necessary. Just do your classwork and homework well and you're sorted. Especially for class tests which are usually based on things you've just done so it's fresh in your mind, I'm perfectly content to make a few slips, but I'm not going to drag myself through re reading pages of textbooks or doing out questions again, it's a laziness thing i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Cian A wrote: »
    I never really saw study as something necessary. Just do your classwork and homework well and you're sorted. Especially for class tests which are usually based on things you've just done so it's fresh in your mind, I'm perfectly content to make a few slips, but I'm not going to drag myself through re reading pages of textbooks or doing out questions again, it's a laziness thing i suppose

Studying isn't necessary if you're in like 6th class. Primary school forum thataway! ->

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

i still haven't started studying :/

This will be me in April, I know all too well...

Joey. wrote: »
    This will be me in April, I know all too well...
    I'm gonna start going to supervised study after school cause I know well that I won't do anything at home. I'll study for maybe 5 minutes, see how much I have to study, feel sorry for myself and take the rest of the day off 'to keep my sanity intact'. 5 minutes and I can do no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Could do with another few hours sleep!

• Advertisement

M&S* wrote: »
    Could do with another few hours sleep!

I wasn't even awake when this was posted! Woke at 8:30, shower, breakfast, make lunch, teeth, change, bomb it to school for 9:01, works every time:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

I wasn't even awake when this was posted! Woke at 8:30, shower, breakfast, make lunch, teeth, change, bomb it to school for 9:01, works every time:cool:

Breakfast and then teeth? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

That would be the most logical order...?

Namlub wrote: »
    That would be the most logical order...?

Most people prefer to brush the teeth first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I would've thought most do it the other way:pac:

• Advertisement

But...the food particles...on your teeth...all day. I must further investigate this strange state of affairs

I should've put a smiley at the end. That sounded really geeky and serious :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

GUYZ HELP
    Anyone know some positive impacts of colonialism on Brazil? Stupid economic geography book doesnt really have any D:

It introduced them to football?

Er, I don't do geography...

Patchy~ wrote: »
    GUYZ HELP
    Anyone know some positive impacts of colonialism on Brazil? Stupid economic geography book doesnt really have any D:
    It created a multi cultural race? It encouraged the exporting of goods? Not really positive impacts...

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

Patchy~ wrote: »
    GUYZ HELP
    Trade routes, integration of other cultures?

Dropped geography after the JC :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29 paulinap

hi! just a short question to anyone : do teachers have a right to send student to ordinary level against his/her wish?

My maths teacher is threatening, that if we fail one test ( differentiation), she's calling home and we're going to the ordinary level class. Can she do that? Should I be worried?
    (i'm in 6th year)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

They'll probably suggest that you drop to your parents, but I don't think they have absolute power.

I've been told that you can change what level you're doing on the day of the exam, not sure how true that is though!

Do you actually brush your teeth before eating breakfast? :S
    But what if you have orange juice for breakfast? Toothpaste + Orange juice = VOM

Clifdeners! :pac:

AnamGlas wrote: »
    They'll probably suggest that you drop to your parents, but I don't think they have absolute power.

I've been told that you can change what level you're doing on the day of the exam, not sure how true that is though!

I think you can only drop on the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 paulinap

the thing is I DON'T want to drop. Not now, not before exam.
    so can teacher make me to drop to ordinary level?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Was anyone else at the UCD Law open evening today?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Story of my life schoolday...

are you also one of the lucky ones who lives 5 mins away from the school?! :D

BLISS:)

donvito99 wrote: »
    Story of my life schoolday...

are you also one of the lucky ones who lives 5 mins away from the school?! :D

BLISS:)

<10 min cycle, So yeah its convenient :p.

I didn't realise the dublin open days had started, gotta check that out and go to some of the interesting ones.

7 minute stroll for me:)

paulinap wrote: »
    hi! just a short question to anyone : do teachers have a right to send student to ordinary level against his/her wish?

My maths teacher is threatening, that if we fail one test ( differentiation), she's calling home and we're going to the ordinary level class. Can she do that? Should I be worried?
    (i'm in 6th year)
    paulinap wrote: »
    the thing is I DON'T want to drop. Not now, not before exam.
    so can teacher make me to drop to ordinary level?

Well if you're failing maths tests now your teacher isn't just dropping you for the craic, it's said that maths is a seriously tough subject, so failing class tests isn't the way to go about getting a good lc.

She's calling home to let your parents know what she thinks is best, but as far as I know you can make your own decision, its just that they will advise you to take a particular level, I once tried doing ordinary in one subject but my teacher thought that the higher was best for me so I went with that under no obligation.

But at the end of the day you know yourself how capable you are and you're going to have to work to stay in the higher level. Also I'm fairly sure she couldn't force the whole class to drop if that's what you're implying.

7 minute stroll for me:)

I envy this, I know a lad who lives a similar distance, where I'm wrecked by the time I get to school because I have to go so freakin' fast:D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

:O :O I'm a 6 minute walk to school and get up at a similar time but how the hell do you manage all that? :O
    All I can do is get dressed, teeth, hair and grab an apple and even then I just about make it :O

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

It created a multi cultural race? It encouraged the exporting of goods? Not really positive impacts...
    We have those down as negative impacts, there really doesnt seem to be positive ones!
    Namlub wrote: »
    It introduced them to football?

Er, I don't do geography...
    Lucky :pac:
    AnamGlas wrote: »
    Trade routes, integration of other cultures?

Dropped geography after the JC :o
    Trade routes is the pretty much one point I have :o D'oh! Thanks for the help guys. :P

• Advertisement

Manic2 wrote: »
    :O :O I'm a 6 minute walk to school and get up at a similar time but how the hell do you manage all that? :O
    All I can do is get dressed, teeth, hair and grab an apple and even then I just about make it :O

Not a thing I'd willingly leave out, so I do everything in a panicky uber-quick manner. Getting very close to 20 mins these days, I should time myself:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement