Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Oh my school camogie team are getting sneaky, study on during double clubs/pe tomorrow while the 5th years miss Irish :(
    P.S Had a suprise Irish test today, why do teachers do this!!!!

I prefer them to be honest,since I never study, and loads of others do, it challenges your real ability to retain information first go. (And I usually end ul doing very well in comparison to others)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I had the loveliest nap in physics today. Slept through the whole thing!

I'm praying the rain will flood the roads so I won't have to go in tomorrow. I am dying for the midterm to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

My Irish written test turned into an oral one. I hate speaking in front of the class!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Chuchoter wrote: »

I'm praying the rain will flood the roads so I won't have to go in tomorrow. I am dying for the midterm to start!

+1 exhausted :(

Siobhnk wrote: »
    My Irish written test turned into an oral one. I hate speaking in front of the class!! :(

I know! Sorry miss, I'm fairly sure I won't have to do this in my oral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Our Irish test was meh, most of the class didn't finish the test and my vocab was very basic!

It was on those 20 document yokes for the oral exam, she picked 2 out of 20!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Cian A wrote: »
    I prefer them to be honest,since I never study, and loads of others do, it challenges your real ability to retain information first go. (And I usually end ul doing very well in comparison to others)

I'm not dissing my class, but we are very lazy and I'd say 5 out of the 15 will do well in it! The teacher is an outright b***h though, she only did it because the parent teacher meetings are 2 days after the midterm! :D

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Our Irish test was meh, most of the class didn't finish the test and my vocab was very basic!

It was on those 20 document yokes for the oral exam, she picked 2 out of 20!
    We have an oral one on this Wednesday, 15 pictures though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I know! Sorry miss, I'm fairly sure I won't have to do this in my oral.

Ugh... We'll survive it Ciany :P

Would taking up Italian this year as a bit of a side project be a silly idea? Not to do the leaving cert in like, just to have a bit of. I really want to learn it and I know I can take it up next year in college but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Would taking up Italian this year as a bit of a side project be a silly idea? Not to do the leaving cert in like, just to have a bit of. I really want to learn it and I know I can take it up next year in college but still.

I've been dabbling in Swedish for about a year, and didn't stop once I went into 6th year :) It's important to do things you wanna do to keep you from killing someone.

Guys, I actually loath biology. :(

Yeah see I did japanese for a few years and I could hold a conversation and read books and stuff, but then I gave it up in 5th year and most of its gone now.

Just it kind of sucks having no random hobby things that I'm just doing for fun and I like learning languages (its really similar to french looking at the grammar from afar).

Biology needs to go die in a corner, I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Just checked moodle there.. 90% on a German test I'm pretty sure I never even did. Grand.

Here's hoping to closed roads:p

EDIT: Forget about it this being my 666th post, The world is bound to fùck my wishes over :(

Yeah see I did japanese for a few years and I could hold a conversation and read books and stuff, but then I gave it up in 5th year and most of its gone now.

Just it kind of sucks having no random hobby things that I'm just doing for fun and I like learning languages (its really similar to french looking at the grammar from afar).

Biology needs to go die in a corner, I agree.
    I actually hate it so so much. There's so much to learn and it's SO boring :(

I getcha, it's the same with me, I really enjoy learning languages and I've always wanted to go to Sweden, so I started learning it :) Plus it feels great to talk to people without difficulty knowing that you taught yourself! :D

EDIT: Forget about it this being my 666th post, The world is bound to fùck my wishes over :(
    God, I know. Remember that comparative essay I was supposed to do at the weekend? I told my teacher that I didn't do it and she told me to do it for tomorrow. I have yet to start it. :/

On the bright side, we finished the business course today! :D

It is so boring! All you do is learn stuff off, nothing is ever explained beyond 'thats just how it is' :/

It is so boring! All you do is learn stuff off, nothing is ever explained beyond 'thats just how it is' :/

I promised myself I'd study it tonight but typically I didn't go near it!

I actually hate it so so much. There's so much to learn and it's SO boring :(

I getcha, it's the same with me, I really enjoy learning languages and I've always wanted to go to Sweden, so I started learning it :) Plus it feels great to talk to people without difficulty knowing that you taught yourself! :D

God, I know. Remember that comparative essay I was supposed to do at the weekend? I told my teacher that I didn't do it and she told me to do it for tomorrow. I have yet to start it. :/

On the bright side, we finished the business course today! :D

1. I don't know how you manage to learn languages on the side and yet I can't manage french at all!

2. That puts you in a really awkward position now doesn't it? After your teacher giving you the extension and all...

3. Finished! My business teacher thinks that we're going crazy fast (we're not) and we'd struggle to finish by christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I hear they're taking the roads in :cool:

I was thinking of learning Italian too, realistically I should wait until after the LC though. And I wanted to go to Milan to see my old France roomie during the Christmas holidays, but I've realised just how close they are to the pres </3

I know the half of you are procrastinators like me but can anybody here actually sit down to work and plough through it all without distractions? I take at least twice as long to do work because I'm always so distracted.

• Advertisement

I know the half of you are procrastinators like me but can anybody here actually sit down to work and plough through it all without distractions? I take at least twice as long to do work because I'm always so distracted.

It usually takes me about 3.5 hours to write an English essay. Since it's writing and not learning I always say "arah sure I'll play some music so that it won't be as boring!" So the laptop is beside me and every time I go to change the song (which is after every song) I check boards and facebook. I'd say a good 50% of the time it takes is spend wandering aimlessly around the net.

It usually takes me about 3.5 hours to write an English essay. Since it's writing and not learning I always say "arah sure I'll play some music so that it won't be as boring!" So the laptop is beside me and every time I go to change the song (which is after every song) I check boards and facebook. I'd say a good 50% of the time it takes is spend wandering aimlessly around the net.

50? That it? Pfft Lightweight.

50? That it? Pfft Lightweight.
    How I wish I could reach your godly levels of procratination. Teach me Cian! :rolleyes:

You still waiting for a reply?

Yes? Good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

We're finishing the business course this week, jealous of anyone whos finished :P

Patchy~ wrote: »
    We're finishing the business course this week, jealous of anyone whos finished :P

Jesus we're slow. We're not even doing it well or anything, Jealous of all of you:rolleyes:

Jesus we're slow. We're not even doing it well or anything, Jealous of all of you:rolleyes:

Really? What are you doing then? We've done it all pretty well.

We finished geography almost a month ago, beat that! :P

Really? What are you doing then? We've done it all pretty well.

We waste an unbelievable amount of time in class. We're about 3/4 done now. Being ready for the Lc by christmas would help a lot in other subjects but alas..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

We finished Geography last week :D
    But we're only starting the last unit in business. :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement