Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Cian A wrote: »
    I'd say you'd be a great English teacher. "Books out bitchès!", "Plath got fúcked over" etc etc.
    my english teacher literally talks like that to us, its great :P we didnt do plath because shes 'a depressing bitch' and when we did rich, 'shes an angsty lesbian' :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Fergus_ wrote: »

Our English teacher's handwriting is so bad, I can't even read his corrections and taking down notes is such a pain

I was thinking the same thing in english when I got some work back today, My teachers handwriting Is really bad, and I started going to english grinds and although the teaching and notes are excellent, his handwriting is shocking, it makes no sense, English of all subjects!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

So for the third time this year, I've gotten 84% in my English essay. Why can't my teacher stop being such a bitch and just give me an A? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

My cat is missing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Went library to study after school for a geography test tomorrow. All I did was write out past exam questions on the rock cycle, and i mean the actual questions not the answer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Went library to study after school for a geography test tomorrow. All I did was write out past exam questions on the rock cycle, and i mean the actual questions not the answer!

I did that once in French for Orals and my teacher asked me to show him my work, all I had was questions written out:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Just had another embarrassing Irish class where the teacher was doing oral with me and I was stuttering and going all red-faced and messing up my lines EVEN though I have it prepared now I look like an eejit who didn't study for it >.<

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Just had another embarrassing Irish class where the teacher was doing oral with me and I was stuttering and going all red-faced and messing up my lines EVEN though I have it prepared now I look like an eejit who didn't study for it >.<

It'd so much easier if you had gone to the gaeltacht you'd be almost fluent. For me I don't prepare for orals, just answer the questions honestly as they're given.

My cat is missing. :(
    You poor thing. :/ I'm sure he'll show up! Cats always go off by themselves and come back fine :)

You poor thing. :/ I'm sure he'll show up! Cats always go off by themselves and come back fine :)
    Thanks, I'm sure he'll be ok. We've wild cats around our house and they tend to pick fights though. They're twice the size of him! :mad:

Anyway, today was such a crap day. :(

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'm sure he'll be ok. We've wild cats around our house and they tend to pick fights though. They're twice the size of him! :mad:

Anyway, today was such a crap day. :(

I'm so afraid of my cat being eaten by massive strays! :( We got him neutered as soon as he turned 6 months, so I think that sorta stunted his growth a bit :/ Also I just have the perception that neutered cats are (excuse the pun) pussies who can't fight!

I'm so afraid of my cat being eaten by massive strays! :( We got him neutered as soon as he turned 6 months, so I think that sorta stunted his growth a bit :/ Also I just have the perception that neutered cats are (excuse the pun) pussies who can't fight!

We did that same to Milo when he was old enough. You might be right like, Milo's tiny. He's three and he's tiny! I have that perception too. :P The stray cats actually come in to my house through the cat flap. I turned around one night and there was one looking up at me from my bedside table. Oh how I screamed. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MaevelovesNY

Dublin Zoo :O thats is deadly!My school just went to Glendalough!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MaevelovesNY

Don't worry everyone gets like that with orals!Chilllll you'll be grand in the real thing!!Sure at least it's practice! :)

Dublin Zoo :O thats is deadly!My school just went to Glendalough!
    Don't worry everyone gets like that with orals!Chilllll you'll be grand in the real thing!!Sure at least it's practice! :)

Hey Maeve,

I'm not mocking you or anything, just I see you're new here. Do you see the little "quote" button in the bottom right corner of every post? Just click that to respond to a particular post, especially if it was a while back so people know what the hell you're on about:D.

Welcome to the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

6 more classes left. SIX! Then up to Tolka Saturday night, gonna be some weekend if we win! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

We did that same to Milo when he was old enough. You might be right like, Milo's tiny. He's three and he's tiny! I have that perception too. :P The stray cats actually come in to my house through the cat flap. I turned around one night and there was one looking up at me from my bedside table. Oh how I screamed. :P

Can't wait until mine are old enough to get neutered/spayed. Only a few weeks left I think. But they're brother and sister and they, you know, ahem. I don't want them to become incestuous teenage parents! :( 4 months is a bit young for that craic to have started now in all honesty.

Incestuous cats' thread
    >

Pahaha, I'd have a heart attack! :L Freja's only 14 months though, so I'm hoping he'll grow a bit more! :D
    Siobhnk wrote: »
    Can't wait until mine are old enough to get neutered/spayed. Only a few weeks left I think. But they're brother and sister and they, you know, ahem. I don't want them to become incestuous teenage parents! :( 4 months is a bit young for that craic to have started now in all honesty.
    Pahahahaha! We had a cat before who was such a slutty pricktease! For some reason we never got her spayed but whenever she'd be in heat, the tom-cats would come to our back garden looking for the ride, and she'd stick her arse up in the air and they'd come over like smelling it and then she'd just run inside! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

got a c in maths and i thought i failed yess

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭hangedhitman

anybody here in foundation irish i know you get no points but we do noting but throw stuff at each other and take the piss out of our teacher who looks your man out of wheres wally he does nothing at all with us he just sits there looking out the window yesterday we started throwing books and chairs across the classroom at each other because he went away for 20 miniutes

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I'm having such a shit week. Didn't go in today and not going tomorrow, so midterm for me :D ...I really should start to take this LC thing a bit more seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Pahaha, I'd have a heart attack! :L Freja's only 14 months though, so I'm hoping he'll grow a bit more! :D

Pahahahaha! We had a cat before who was such a slutty pricktease! For some reason we never got her spayed but whenever she'd be in heat, the tom-cats would come to our back garden looking for the ride, and she'd stick her arse up in the air and they'd come over like smelling it and then she'd just run inside! :p

Haha yeah think they're too young to get preggers... Coco never did that, I think maybe George was testing out his bits. Coco got a bit sick of it I think :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Hate when you have subs that are just completely inadequate. Surely someone who pronounces testosterone as 'trestorstorin' should not be a biology teacher?

Namlub wrote: »
    Hate when you have subs that are just completely inadequate. Surely someone who pronounces testosterone as 'trestorstorin' should not be a biology teacher?

Haha, I've had a few like that. For anyone who did the Outsiders in JC, I had a teacher who pronounced Windrixville as Rixenville:D.

anybody here in foundation irish i know you get no points but we do noting but throw stuff at each other and take the piss out of our teacher who looks your man out of wheres wally he does nothing at all with us he just sits there looking out the window yesterday we started throwing books and chairs across the classroom at each other because he went away for 20 miniutes
    ...and you're supposed to be in 6th year? Feckin' hell, you'd want to grow up a bit, there could be people in that class who actually want to learn.

...and you're supposed to be in 6th year? Feckin' hell, you'd want to grow up a bit, there could be people in that class who actually want to learn.

I've become more childish.

In 3rd Year when the teacher left the room I'd have my head down working.
    Now when the teacher leaves and everyone's quiet and working I'm looking to mess a bit:P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I WOULD say what a nice start to the midterm - a1s in English, Irish, German and maths, and a cancelled chemistry test.. But Im so tired, fell asleep on the bus, have to go to a 21st tonight.. And I'm in grinds for the whole week from tomorrow at 9 am. I WANNA SLEEEEP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

You poor thing, having to go to a party, everybody say awwww :P

Yay midterm! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Don't have a half day today, think I might be one of the few schools that don't. :( roll on 4 o clock :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement