Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

No problem getting in without ID so? I'd have no hope whatsoever I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Haha I forgot my ID last night but got stamped anyway:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I don't need ID in my town, so I'm sorted for the vast majority of nights. It's nights like Halloween when all my friends go out in Galway that I'm fúcked for. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

We decided to split into groups. First group and no ID, got in graaaand nothing asked. Then me and another person come along. And in fairness I look older than the rest of them :L I got asked Jesus well I panicked :L my friend had someone's student card, but they don't accept them? :/ anyways we got in after I said it was my birthday last week and I have no ID etc etc... I got in anyways but Christ most nerve wracking event of my life... It's obvious I worry too much :L

And anyways if it was my birthday last week, how would they expect me to have my Garda ID in a week? That thing takes 6 weeks to process does it not :L

I don't need ID in my town, so I'm sorted for the vast majority of nights. It's nights like Halloween when all my friends go out in Galway that I'm fúcked for. :(

You should try Dublin, bouncers have told me to fúck off before even looking for ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I'm probably derailing this conversation but could someone in Higher Level Maths tell me what exactly needs to be covered? I looked up the syllabus but it confused me :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Cian A wrote: »
    You should try Dublin, bouncers have told me to fúck off before even looking for ID.

I know 16 year olds that got into Coppers, but i dunno how strict all the clubs are!

Are you serious?! :O Jesus. I cant wait to be 18, much less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Being 18 would be better if practically everywhere here weren't over 20's. I've always got in relatively easily but for some reason my taller, older-looking friends have trouble :pac:

Ally7 wrote: »
    I know 16 year olds that got into Coppers, but i dunno how strict all the clubs are!
    Siobhnk wrote: »
    Are you serious?! :O Jesus. I cant wait to be 18, much less hassle.
    Joey. wrote: »
    Being 18 would be better if practically everywhere here weren't over 20's. I've always got in relatively easily but for some reason my taller, older-looking friends have trouble :pac:

Yeh, not all places have such strict bouncers, I've gotten into 20's clubs when I showed them I was 18 with ID just because they were nice. You will still get a bit of hassle in some elitist type clubs who think they're so good they can turn away people without even checking ID.

• Advertisement

Why? Do you look like this:

dscn0512.jpg

?

:P

Edit: Why is it so massive :O

Why are you taking photos of me with your 1 gigapixel camera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Why are you taking photos of me with your 1 gigapixel camera?

I didn't realise it was a photo, I thought he was comin through the screen a me.

What a babe.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Serious? :( When are they due? I signed my journal away on Friday, thought they're due sometime next week? :/
    Have to be officially handed up to your teacher on the 7th. :)

I'm so bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I was buying vodka today for a party and instead of asking me for id, the woman at the till just gave me the bitchiest look in the world while I was still fishing out my wallet and then proceeded to cause me hassle for ten minutes. Yes I look young. Yes I have ID. In fact I have two forms of ID, just ****ing ask me for it using your words instead of giving me dirty looks. You can't fake an agecard for christs sake. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I was buying vodka today for a party and instead of asking me for id, the woman at the till just gave me the bitchiest look in the world while I was still fishing out my wallet and then proceeded to cause me hassle for ten minutes. Yes I look young. Yes I have ID. In fact I have two forms of ID, just ****ing ask me for it using your words instead of giving me dirty looks. You can't fake an agecard for christs sake. :mad::mad:

When we were in France I used always get beer without having any ID on me, and they used always ask me if I had my passport. So I'd be like 'Oh sorry, don't carry it too dangerous blah blah but I am 18 honest' Dirty look, scan it through and take the money. Worked every time:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

They drink constantly in France though, the cider and the wine is so insanely good!!

Normally I don't even get asked for ID, but I've no problem giving it if they want it. But to start a fight without even asking if I had ID is stupid, then trying to say my agecard was fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

They drink constantly in France though, the cider and the wine is so insanely good!!

Normally I don't even get asked for ID, but I've no problem giving it if they want it. But to start a fight without even asking if I had ID is stupid, then trying to say my agecard was fake.

Ah well, yeah, but some of em are cnuts about it. One was like 'you're not 18' and she asked another girl workin there and she was like 'How could he be 17?' and I was so indignantly agreeing with her I almost had myself convinced :P

Yeah well some people are just pricks about it like, just got an angry disposition about em and unfortunately the majority end up in jobs where they deal with the public on a daily basis :rolleyes:

Which reminds me I've got to get my age card sorted this week, I've been coasting on trust and my out of date passport up to now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Pff, I was buying Rizla the other day and your one behind the counter gave me the dirtiest look and said 'Have you ID?'. Like I get that they're supposed to ID for them, but don't treat me like some 12 year old who just sauntered up to the counter with about 20 naggins when I'm essentially buying paper.

Only got ID'd once in France, going into a club. I told him I had none so he just let me in. God I love that country <3

Okay, I'm starting today. Only gonna do like 2 hours though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I look far younger than I am >.<, blessing and a curse

Also, mid-term work to be done over the weekend, well that was successful :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Ah lads will ye stop talking about alcohol, went a bit mad Saturday night and was dying all day yesterday. Don't want to even look at a pint for another while.

It's not the amount I drank but the concoction of drinks I had which was the problem :(

Anyway should really make a start on homework/study.

I don't drink anymore. :) Haven't since like, Feb of '08? '09 maybe?

But even I've done this:

Anyone have any drunk stories? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Speaking of french people and alcohol, apparently I was carried home by a french lad last night? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

Some people just like having the power to cause you hassle.

Funny story, the one time I was ever given hassle over my age card was a few months ago...in my local Xtravision. Stupid eejit raved at me for having a "clearly fake" ID trying to buy a bloody video game.

njd2010 wrote: »
    Some people just like having the power to cause you hassle.

Funny story, the one time I was ever given hassle over my age card was a few months ago...in my local Xtravision. Stupid eejit raved at me for having a "clearly fake" ID trying to buy a bloody video game.

I don't see the point in arguing with us, If the age card is produced that should be sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Ahh lads last night was amazing. :)

Well one time me and my friend were in Lidl getting cheap as chips cider and I was going up to buy it and the woman at the till asked me for ID, I showed her it, then she asked my friend, who's older than me, and she didn't, and so she wouldn't serve me because my friend had no ID. Even though she wasn't buying it or anything. :O

• Advertisement

Just had the most awkward conversation with my mother about my "sexual relationship" with my boyfriend. Erm, he moved to England a few years ago, Mom. We're obviously very sexual over MSN and yes, I'm somehow pregnant. :rolleyes:

TMI? I think so. :P Parents. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement