Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'd say aaaaarggghhhhh LC edition would be grand! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Cian A wrote: »
    Have you seen "9" I'd say that's worth a watch.

A bit late, but I've seen that too! Pretty good. :D

Lads, I nearly died when I got the text from the CAO. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

A bit late, but I've seen that too! Pretty good. :D

Lads, I nearly died when I got the text from the CAO. :P

They send texts?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

M&S* wrote: »
    I'd say aaaaarggghhhhh LC edition would be grand! :cool:

Will I set it up then? :D
    Or actually :( or :mad: might be more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Will I set it up then? :D
    Or actually :( or :mad: might be more appropriate.

We trust your judgment do it! :D

• Advertisement

Siobhnk wrote: »
    They send texts?! :o

Just your number so far. Don't even know why I put my number in.. Leave me alone, I wasn't that awake! :p

Just your number so far. Don't even know why I put my number in.. Leave me alone, I wasn't that awake! :p

How dya go about setting that up? :)

How dya go about setting that up? :)

Have you set up your application account thing yet? It's a part of the big massive form where you put in all your details. :) Just under your name, address and DoB I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Go for it crayola! :D

Have you set up your application account thing yet? It's a part of the big massive form where you put in all your details. :) Just under your name, address and DoB I think.

Oh yeah see it now! I don't have my exam number from my school so I'll probably just leave it!

• Advertisement

Oh yeah see it now! I don't have my exam number from my school so I'll probably just leave it!

Hold on, what? Either we're not talking about the same thing or I've f*cked up already. :rolleyes:

Hold on, what? Either we're not talking about the same thing or I've f*cked up already. :rolleyes:

No we're talking about the same thing! I just don't have my number and I'm scared I'll mess something up!

No we're talking about the same thing! I just don't have my number and I'm scared I'll mess something up!

Oh I know what you mean now! You put in your mobile number, they text you your account application number thing (the one you use to log in) and that's it. No talk of exam numbers just yet thank god. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

Registered for CAO, scary stuff but kinda excited. :D:D

Level 8 Course Choices:
    1. TR072 Pharmacy
    2. TR071 Science
    3. MH201 Science
    4. DC201 Common Entry into Science (Undenominated Entry)
    5. CR305 Science (Level 8 - Common Entry)
    6. GY301 Science
    7. DN200 Science - Biological, Biomedical and Biomolecular Sciences

Choices so far, waiting on a few emails from colleges on backroutes to Pharmacy. :P *Feels like im jumping the gun but owell*

Oh I know what you mean now! You put in your mobile number, they text you your account application number thing (the one you use to log in) and that's it. No talk of exam numbers just yet thank god. :)

Oh right thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Zhavey wrote: »
    Registered for CAO, scary stuff but kinda excited. :D:D

Level 8 Course Choices:
    1. TR072 Pharmacy
    2. TR071 Science
    3. MH201 Science
    4. DC201 Common Entry into Science (Undenominated Entry)
    5. CR305 Science (Level 8 - Common Entry)
    6. GY301 Science
    7. DN200 Science - Biological, Biomedical and Biomolecular Sciences

Choices so far, waiting on a few emails from colleges on backroutes to Pharmacy. :P *Feels like im jumping the gun but owell*
    Would you ever think of Biopharmaceutical Chemistry? I'd say it would be a good backdoor into it! I'm not sure about other unis but it was 415 in NUI Galway this year!

I only have 2 courses down. Then the other two are just the same courses but level 7s in CIT. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

When we got the CAO handbook thingy I circled all the courses I was interested in. There were 25. I should probably, er, narrow that down...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zhavey

Would you ever think of Biopharmaceutical Chemistry? I'd say it would be a good backdoor into it! I'm not sure about other unis but it was 415 in NUI Galway this year!

I'll look into, thanks very much :D:D!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Namlub wrote: »
    When we got the CAO handbook thingy I circled all the courses I was interested in. There were 25. I should probably, er, narrow that down...

I only got like 5 :rolleyes: Dreading when I actually really have to decide :(

Just wondering what texts are ye doing for the comparitive study for English?.

• Advertisement

Just wondering what texts are ye doing for the comparitive study for English?.
    Inside I'm Dancing, How Many Miles To Babylon and Dancing and Lughnasa.

Inside I'm Dancing, How Many Miles To Babylon and Dancing and Lughnasa.

We're doing Sive and Wuttering Height.. But I'm soo confused on how your meant to contrast them etc?. Shes given us no notes whatsoever :confused:

I only have 2 courses down. Then the other two are just the same courses but level 7s in CIT. :P

What are your courses? :)

I think you can either compare them by literary genre or by a certain theme, and the theme for this year is friendship.

We're doing Sive and Wuttering Height.. But I'm soo confused on how your meant to contrast them etc?. Shes given us no notes whatsoever :confused:

What's your third? Look at you anchor text and you should have headings or points you can use for each text. For mine it's first meeting, development of friendship, complication, resolution. :)
    So like, with 2 of mine we see the initial meeting, but in DaL we don't cause the friendship there is a family one - that's a contrast.
    It's really hard until you get your head around it. :(

What's your third? Look at you anchor text and you should have headings or points you can use for each text. For mine it's first meeting, development of friendship, complication, resolution. :)
    So like, with 2 of mine we see the initial meeting, but in DaL we don't cause the friendship there is a family one - that's a contrast.
    It's really hard until you get your head around it. :(

Cassanova. We haven't done it yet though. So it's just the other two for the pre mocks.. Ya I get you so could you compare things like setting and characters and how they develop? :)

I really should buy that Key Notes book actually...
    Anyway, I'm going to make a bucket of coffee and try to force myself into being productive

Anyway, I'm going to make a bucket of coffee and try to force myself into being productive

Is that the revision book for English? :)
    Same here. I'm soo lazy :rolleyes:

Cassanova. We haven't done it yet though. So it's just the other two for the pre mocks.. Ya I get you so could you compare things like setting and characters and how they develop? :)
    Yep, as long as it suits the question. The theme or issue would be comparing friendships between 2 charachters in each text while setting and stuff would be your vision and viewpoint (I think.) :)
    I have Key Notes! It's got my 3 texts in it. Lucky! :D

• Advertisement

Yep, as long as it suits the question. The theme or issue would be comparing friendships between 2 charachters in each text while setting and stuff would be your vision and viewpoint (I think.) :)

I have Key Notes! It's got my 3 texts in it. Lucky! :D

Ok thanks a million :) And they would be two completely different questions?.

Awh you're sooo lucky. Do you find the book helpful? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement