Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USA Pro Cycling Challenge

• 22-08-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭

It's starting today/tonight, it's on Eurosport, it has a few big names: Evans/Schlecks/Basso/Leipheimer/Danielson/Hesjedal/and Deignan, it goes up to 4000m :eek:, will anyone be watching it ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Defo!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

dont you mean the tour of colorado ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

dont you mean the tour of colorado ;)

No :pac:

There's actually no MTF stage (mountain top finish), which is surprising !

Prologue is 8km (mostly) downhill :eek:
    So............no need for the granny ring then, probably a 58/11 :pac:
    6046835646_c5b8de27bb_b.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmm...............another interesting(less) stage tonight !
    Why oh why didn't they finish on that little peak at the start ??!! The stage starts out at above 2000m and never dips below this height, peaks at 3427m, and finishes on a drag at 2800m, makes the Galibier stage in this year's TDF look like a down-in-the-valley-oh stage !!

6060214819_856412fec5_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mak78

good site for live video feed and results here:

http://shacktracker.usaprocyclingchallenge.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I've been watching this the last few nights on Eurosport and its not really grabbing me; somehow US races never do - the routes aren't visually very nice (similar like La Vuelta) imo. The worst thing however is the commentator (not the Scottish one, the other one) and his glib comments, imbecilic chatter and disparaging remarks about the comeptitors, their looks, their names and even the names of the landmarks on the route. He thinks he's amusing but comes across as a total jackass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

the worst thing was that they couldnt even manage to broadcast pictures for most of the stage yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Yeah, its been a snoozefest so far with mostly very straight boring roads, even though the finish yesterday was sorta uphill, the lack of condition for high altitude stuff made it a bit of a non-event spectator wise. That said, full marks Leipheimer for being best prepared.

What gives with the crappy TV feeds from the bikes and choppers in this so far...?

Tonights stage should hopefully be better....billed as the Queen stage with two whopper passes to negotiate.
    stage_2_profile_600.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

the worst
    thing was that they couldnt even manage to broadcast pictures for most of the stage yesterday

Mad. Did they give a reason for lack of live coverage? It's not as if they could use the.weather as an excuse a la tour of California.

• Advertisement

el tel wrote: »
    Mad. Did they give a reason for lack of live coverage? It's not as if they could use the.weather as an excuse a la tour of California.

Yep they did, electric storms !
    el tel wrote:
    The worst thing however is the commentator (not the Scottish one, the other one) and his glib comments, imbecilic chatter and disparaging remarks about the comeptitors, their looks, their names and even the names of the landmarks on the route. He thinks he's amusing but comes across as a total jackass.
    In fairness I think he knows it's a bit of a non-event, and a world apart from the GT's, and he is commentating as such, ie. trying to give a lighthearted approach, unfortunately it does add to the nausiness/boredom tho ! That fcekin ticker at the bottom of the screen is real annoying aswell, it keeps telling you who the GC/points/young/USA leaders are, like 1000 times, and then when it comes to updating you about how much is left, it only updates every 5 or 10km's. On the plus side you can put away those sleeping pills zzzzzzz...........
    /end rant :p

Awesome........... :pac:
    /well at least to breakup the boredom :D
    Don't forget to click on the 'Power' tab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Shocking............that's the only word for it, oh, hang on ...... appalling, there;s another:mad::mad:.
    The TV picture break-up makes this almost unwatchable.
    The worlds most technologically advanced country and they cannot get the finger out and sort out some good pics.........:rolleyes:

Edit:
    Oh FSS, 5km to go and we're getting repeats of repeats of the rolling start! AAAAGGGGHHHHHHH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

A combination of going from pictures of Levi Leipheimer to no pictures and having to listen to Carlton thingy mean I'm switching over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

the tv coverage is terrible...I know its a technical issue but its crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭MaroonTam

morana wrote: »
    the tv coverage is terrible...I know its a technical issue but its crap!

I have been pretty disappointed in this race to be honest.

Not sure if the crap TV coverage is killing any excitement in the race, or if there has just not been any!

I have been in that part of the world and the TV guys cant convey the impact of trying to do anything at that altitude.

Also, the TV coverage is not doing justice to how spectacular the location is.

Would have liked to see some mountain finishes. Some of what the race organisers are calling "technical descents" looked like wide, sweeping roads with a great surface. Would love to have a go on them myself :)

Advertisement