Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

IIRC, it's meant to be the same but 80 questions instead of 40.

Still 40. Took me about five minutes :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So do the other boys in the band do all the driving? Oh, man, that has to wreck their heads!

Ha well only the guitarist drives , but not always if we are playing a gig in Dublin we usually get a bus up so everyone wins

Cheers gnfnrhead gonna use that site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Why, where are yez from?

Why, where are yez from?

Kildare

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Stayed up late last night playing The Walking Dead.

That ending! Need Episode 5 to come out NOW! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Clocked it twice the day it came out. My GotY 2012. Never cared so much about Lee and Clem!

Walkin Dead Season 3 returns 2n in the states!

Will be watching the series at FX pace so not back till Friday :(
    I'd play through the game again if I thought it would really make a difference to the story, but given the stats screen at the end of Episode 4, it's obvious that just isn't the case. Love the game, but I wish my decisions actually DID make a major difference.

Anyone playing "The Simpsons: Tapped Out" on iPads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Finished episode 3 & 4 the other day. It's great stuff, I think I'll give it a go again with some different choices soon.

Sundays are unreal for the TV shows in the US too, Boardwalk Empire, Treme, Homeland, Dexter and the Walking Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Just started watching the Big Bang theory, great show!
    Any episodes that are 100% funny that I should watch out for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Just started watching the Big Bang theory, great show!
    Any episodes that are 100% funny that I should watch out for?

Any with wil wheaton, stan lee, sheldons mother and/or sister.

• Advertisement

Declan Gill Motors in Santry. Anyone ever deal with them? Looking at cars online and they have three for under €500. Never heard of them before so I'm wondering if thats too good to be true.

I can't imagine you'll get very far with a car that cheap...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Declan Gill Motors in Santry. Anyone ever deal with them? Looking at cars online and they have three for under €500. Never heard of them before so I'm wondering if thats too good to be true.

Whats the mileage on them?

Tinie wrote: »

Between 45k and 100k miles. The most expensive has the highest mileage!

Insurance wont be cheap (saying that, No Nonsense just gave me a quote of €1300 for the middle car) so I want to keep the cost of the car down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Tinie wrote: »

Between 45k and 100k miles. The most expensive has the highest mileage!

Insurance wont be cheap (saying that, No Nonsense just gave me a quote of €1300 for the middle car) so I want to keep the cost of the car down.

I would honestly suggest getting a mechanic to go in with you to check then out 45k mileage for 500 euro sounds way to good to be true, whats the makes models and mileage? Petrol or diesel?

I would honestly suggest getting a mechanic to go in with you to check then out 45k mileage for 500 euro sounds way to good to be true, whats the makes models and mileage? Petrol or diesel?

Its only 350 for that one: http://www.cbg.ie/car_detail.aspx?ID=5207838

This is why I asked, it sounds a bit too good to be true. Before coming across that place, the best I was finding was about €850. Anything less was missing stuff I wanted or looked like crap.

Its only 350 for that one: http://www.cbg.ie/car_detail.aspx?ID=5207838

This is why I asked, it sounds a bit too good to be true. Before coming across that place, the best I was finding was about €850. Anything less was missing stuff I wanted or looked like crap.

That one is out the window. Turns out the head gasket is gone. Did a google search and a thread here said that costs up to €700. Screw that!

Kildare
    Ah, I used to move in the same circles of Twenty Percent Dead, do you know them? Some great musicians have come from Kildare over the years sher!

Ah, I used to move in the same circles of Twenty Percent Dead, do you know them? Some great musicians have come from Kildare over the years sher!

Name sounds familiar , yea there are great musicians around but pity there is not many good proper venues to play

Yeah but it's like that all over the country reall man. I never played in Kildare actually, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

OK so finally moved to dublin for my new job with sky and gonna be living by the rds so can anyone recommend what cinema etc i should use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

jmolloy wrote: »
    OK so finally moved to dublin for my new job with sky and gonna be living by the rds so can anyone recommend what cinema etc i should use?

living in the rds your best bet is to just head into town - I reccomend cineworld on parnell st over them all - unlimited card - €20 a month to see as many movies as you want, and they also do early screenings of movies for anyone with an unlimited card too!

Aye, CineWorld is your best bet, and if you want to see slightly more indie films, go to IFI. Let your watering hole be The Pint, and you will have a fairly complete and blissful existence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Cheers folk, yeah I looked in IFI today walking past but I'm into my mainstream films and there seemed to be a good range at cineworld still. Early shows are great too. Even if I'm on evening shifts I can grab a film in the morning. Gonna use that card a lot great value

You should always ask yourself whether or not you're getting the whole picture. For every performer, someone else has inspired them. Sometimes it's good to look beyond people.

Damn Northern Ireland :( Ruined my accumulator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I had/have 6 away teams at 6/1 (Brazil, Argentina, Holland, Ireland, Greece, and England). I assume the match is still valid for bets despite being postponed until the next day, so hopefully the Polish close their retractable roof today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Aye, CineWorld is your best bet, and if you want to see slightly more indie films, go to IFI. Let your watering hole be The Pint, and you will have a fairly complete and blissful existence.

And for a pre film meal Tapas at Pintxos a few doors down. Unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I really want to like this years FIFA but tbh its a fécking shambles to play buggy as ****. Getting FAR more enjoyment out of Beyond Good and Evil`s HD remake. Anybody been playing X-COM or Dishonored?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GTR63 wrote: »
    I really want to like this years FIFA but tbh its a fécking shambles to play buggy as ****. Getting FAR more enjoyment out of Beyond Good and Evil`s HD remake. Anybody been playing X-COM or Dishonored?

Dishonoured looks good but I'll maybe wait and pick it up after Christmas. Been sucked into Borderlands 2. Never paid any attention to the first one and only bought this one on a whim, but man, this game is one of the best I've played in years. Gameplay is fantastic and really addictive, and the game is really funny too. It's like the best bits of a FPS combined with the best bits of an RPG. Definite Game of the Year contender for me.

Walking Dead...

More happened in that one episode than the whole last season. Loving it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Walking Dead...

More happened in that one episode than the whole last season. Loving it :)

La, la, la, la, not listening.

fingers-in-ears.jpg

:mad:

Don't worry. No spoilers. Just a declaration of my love.

*Sits by postbox waiting for Book 8 to arrive*

I really need to catch up on The Walking Dead, however I seem to have turned all of my bandmates onto both WWE and Sons Of Anarchy recently so the time is being spent well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Rjd2 wrote: »

The twitter mentions at the bottom are hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Anyone else notice the CIA head in Homeland refer to himself as a heel in the latest episode. First time I've heard it used in a non-wrestling context.

I don't know when wrestling started using heel and babyface, but I was reading a copy of PWI from April 1994 yesterday and they use the terms Fan-Favorite and Rule-Breaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone here ever use air france for flying.

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    Anyone here ever use air france for flying.

I used them coming back from Miami after this years WM! Miami - Paris - Dublin!

Can't recommend them enough - great experience, comfy, your own tv, food and service was very good. overall happy!

The only issue U had - Too many French people! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

pretty much just booked an air france Shanghai to Paris flight, flew with them before to come back home from Hong Kong and the difference is noticable in a good way even though the price isnt too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

But is a 13 hour flight to states too long. I would like to go with aer lingus but its over 700 each

cena wrote: »
    But is a 13 hour flight to states too long.

Not at all! You will be kept entertained - go with Air France!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Haha, wrong number text me saying they were on their way over and did I need them to bring anything (with a kiss at the end of the message). I've convinced them to go to Tesco and buy a cheesecake :D

The only issue U had - Too many French people! :pac:

I think having French air hostess women is a good reason to pay that bit extra :D

I've flown from Paris to Sao Paulo with Air France, comfortable flight with no complaints.

This is my 5000th post, so what are perks of such a landmark? Groupies, VIP tickets in nightclubs?:D:confused:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    This is my 5000th post, so what are perks of such a landmark? Groupies, VIP tickets in nightclubs?:D:confused:

GTR will take you out back and show you a good time :pac:

So no hookers, crack and champagne? :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Blackjack, and hookers!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement