Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Thought I had loads of stuff to catch up on in regards TV. Turns out I'm nearly completely up to date. One Mentalist and one Modern Family. I'll be up to date in about an hour :(

Could watch Fringe but they have a few breaks this season so I'm holding off to avoid long waits between episodes.

What Season is Walking Dead on? That gets a lot of talk so I might give that a shot since I'm just about up to date now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone watch Arrow (new tv show about DC Comics superhero Green Arrow) yet?

Caught the pilot on Sky 1 and very well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Rjd2 wrote: »
    This is my 5000th post, so what are perks of such a landmark? Groupies, VIP tickets in nightclubs?:D:confused:

Certifiable internet nerd. Congrats. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I thought Arrow was alright, I guess hat put me off what that the actors didn't sell a family member dead for 5 years. They acted like he was travelling across Europe for 6 months! The revenge stuff is ok, I'll let it develop for a few more eps.

Anyone going to Horrorthon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

No hookers, no cocaine. Just video game/tv show discussion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I thought Arrow was alright, I guess hat put me off what that the actors didn't sell a family member dead for 5 years. They acted like he was travelling across Europe for 6 months! The revenge stuff is ok, I'll let it develop for a few more eps.

I watched it based on my love of Smallville and their portrayal of Arrow. Thought it was ok. As you said, there was shakey elements to the characters, but it impressed me enough to keep going.

Trying to decide whether to start Breaking Bad or Dexter tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Trying to decide whether to start Breaking Bad

You haven't started yet?!

Good God, I envy you. Both AMAZING shows. Truly phenomenal writing and characters.

Have you watched Arrested Development?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

How is good to get travel insurances with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

cena wrote: »
    How is good to get travel insurances with.

Credit union if you are a member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

amazed you haven't seen either - I'm with jayk on this - very jealous that you get to experience them both fresh!

Have you seen the BBC series Sherlock? watch that too and you have the perfect meld of tv!

CMpunked wrote: »
    You haven't started yet?!
    Good God, I envy you. Both AMAZING shows. Truly phenomenal writing and characters.

Have you watched Arrested Development?
    amazed you haven't seen either - I'm with jayk on this - very jealous that you get to experience them both fresh!

Have you seen the BBC series Sherlock? watch that too and you have the perfect meld of tv!

Hehe, always meant to get round to them but never did. Put Netflix on my iPad a few days back and am going to watch something when I exercise in the mornings. The great thing is I've managed to avoid all spoilers for both shows as well.

Not seen AD. Have the first few series on DVD but again haven't got round to it.

Have seen Sherlock. I'm a Dr. Who fan and a Sherlock Holmes fan, so when Moffat did a Sherlock adaption, I was all over it. Have watched it all twice :)

Also need to get round to Game of Thrones and The Sopranos as well.

Id recommend The Wire as well if you haven't watched it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Id recommend The Wire as well if you haven't watched it.

Aye, so jealous of anyone who is about to watch that for the first time.

Ya its really good series. Only on season 3.

I went with the aa travel insurance

• Advertisement

Game of Thrones can wait. Although it's well written, it has to be one of the slowest shows around. Esp. in season 2 you'll need to watch at least 2 episodes together to get a proper storyline, since there are SO MANY characters! (it's like the 1 hour impact where everyone gets 4 minutes per week...)

Arrested Development is arguably the best-written comedy ever made. It's incredible dense, and employs a lot of different styles of comedy. They have great continuity and call-backs from previous episodes. Really sublime stuff. It'd rival Classic Simpsons and Blackadder for incredibly smart, funny writing IMO.

I'd also push Life & Times of Tim. 3 seasons, 2 episodes per show (~12 minutes each). Like an updated, animated Seinfeld...but not Jewish!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Im so sad at what the office has become. The new series is really poor, shows how big a difference one character can make (steve carrell).

I can't believe they'd continue on without the main star. Imagine if the Simpsons went on without Homer! Has it been cancelled yet?

AFAIK this season is the last as the ratings have dropped by over 50% I think.

Yeah, I couldnt either, especially since Steve carell was so funny in it. But it is america, if it will make money, they'll keep it on. Quality doesnt mean everything to the channels, just ratings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Berlusconi jailed for 4 year. Good, i'd wish the f*cker no luck these days after turning Milan into a holiday home for free agents.

• Advertisement

I can't believe they'd continue on without the main star. Imagine if the Simpsons went on without Homer! Has it been cancelled yet?

Who did they replace him with? I remember at the time they were throwing names round like Will Ferral and Catherine Tate....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

GTR63 wrote: »
    Berlusconi jailed for 4 year. Good, i'd wish the f*cker no luck these days after turning Milan into a holiday home for free agents.

Didn't he play a pretty big part in their previous successes? I remember him being carried shoulder high by the players last time they won the CL?

Didn't he play a pretty big part in their previous successes? I remember him being carried shoulder high by the players last time they won the CL?

Yeah that was a very long 7 years ago(who'd they beat in the final? Ah yes a Rafa Benitez managed liverpool). Now Milan are losing regularly at home to the likes of Sampdoria, not selling Pato cause he is dating Silvio's daughter and replacing Silva and Ibrahimovic with Bonera and Pazzini!

Just saw someone walking up the driveway. By the time I opened the door, they were gone. Only a load of chrysanthemum were sitting there on the doorstep.

There's a price tag on them but that's it. No card. No message. Nothing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

(it's like the 1 hour impact where everyone gets 4 minutes per week...)

laugh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Heard it's snowing in Arklow! Can anyone verify this?

Heard it's snowing in Arklow! Can anyone verify this?

Sorry but did anyone else read Arklow as Arkham there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

GTR63 wrote: »
    Sorry but did anyone else read Arklow as Arkham there?

The annual arkham winter games! Inmates VS Staff in a snowball fight! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I can verify that I'm freezing my ass off to the point that I'm going out to smoke a lot less!

I just found out my 17yr old cousin in new jersey is getting a 1999 mustang when she get her full licence. Her mother drives it now.

• Advertisement

Entered that photoshop contest in cool vids forum for the first time. No hope of winning but I'm doing much better than I thought I would. Could be a top five finish, maybe even top three. :D

Usually someone else does my idea before I can, and usually better too :pac:

Charisteas reading my knock on 2007 TNA

heart-attacks_0.jpg

:P

any of ye like watching cake boss

cena wrote: »
    any of like watching cake boss

Pardon? :confused:

Pardon? :confused:

Its a tv series

Never heard of it.

Has anyone watched a TV show called "Freaks and Geeks" before?

It was added to netflix recently but Id never seen it before.

Thought it was great and I'm not a big fan of Jude Apatows films.

I know it was canceled, but is it worth watching the first season of Alcatraz? I loved the first season of Prison Break, is it similar to that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Has anyone watched a TV show called "Freaks and Geeks" before?

It was added to netflix recently but Id never seen it before.

Thought it was great and I'm not a big fan of Jude Apatows films.

Yeah it's fantastic. I've not seen many of Apatows films but I really enjoyed this.

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    I know it was canceled, but is it worth watching the first season of Alcatraz? I loved the first season of Prison Break, is it similar to that?

Never seen much of Prison Break but Alcatraz was awesome. However, the ending is left open. I reckon they thought they were getting a second season so left it open to give them a story for season 2, then they got cancelled instead. Had they gotten a second season, it would have been a great ending. Since they didnt, it kinda sucks.

It's got elements of Fringe and Lost and whatnot in it. It's only 13 episodes so it is worth the watch.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Never seen much of Prison Break but Alcatraz was awesome.

Cool, I'll give it a go so.

By the way, the first season of Prison Break is my favourite season of TV ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Charisteas wrote: »
    Cool, I'll give it a go so.

By the way, the first season of Prison Break is my favourite season of TV ever.

It really was great. Unfortunately it just got really ridiculous after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Not as ridiculous as FlashForward. I was big into that one when it aired in January of 2010.

Sons of Anarchy. It meets my approval :D

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Sons of Anarchy. It meets my approval :D

Looks like it well be a good watch. Just started to watch it myself

• Advertisement

Bad aul weather. The comedy show at Goodison would be enough to warm the heart though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Thinking of changing my username to Don Draper to reflect the sudden surge in popularity for Mad Men in PW n00bs.

What a day of fútbol. Love it

Such a good day. I predicted 3-2 to United in my accumulator for today but Everton's draw let me down :(

Liverpool disallowed perfectly good goal to only draw. United score offside goal to win. Sex.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement