Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Thinking of changing my username to Don Draper to reflect the sudden surge in popularity for Mad Men in PW n00bs.
    Better to go for Harry Kane to be all cool and obscure bai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Is it worth sticking with mo chara? Two seasons done and wondering does it get better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Is it worth sticking with mo chara? Two seasons done and wondering does it get better.

Mad Men?

To be honest if you don't like it now,you never will. All seasons mesh into one for me and I am a fan of the show!

It isn't bad or anything. Just there's 3 more seasons to go and it'll probably be put to one side since I already have a load of the Walking Dead to catch up on.

I think its phenomenal myself but I had come to this conclusion halfway through Series 1. If youre not mad into it by now maybe its just not to your taste.

Roger Sterling is some hero in it though. I roar laughing everytime he speaks. Saw the ep where he took LSD there recently. Unreal funny.

Are you over the All Ireland yet boss?Was sick for ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

Has anyone watched a TV show called "Freaks and Geeks" before?

It was added to netflix recently but Id never seen it before.

Thought it was great and I'm not a big fan of Jude Apatows films.

Ya, great little show. The comedic talent in it is amazing. Franco, Rogen and Segal and hell they aren't even the real stars of the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

My friends and I have a row every year on whether the "Nightmare before christmas" is a Hallowe'en movie or a Christmas movie!
    What are your views on this! (Personally I think it's 50/50)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

My friends and I have a row every year on whether the "Nightmare before christmas" is a Hallowe'en movie or a Christmas movie!
    What are your views on this! (Personally I think it's 50/50)

Christmas? I think?

Are you over the All Ireland yet boss?Was sick for ye.
    I knew when Canning bottled the second last free in the first match that the chance was gone. A great year though all said and done but whether they can avoid the traditional destruction next year remains to be seen. That new Tipp boss O'Shea is no clown either but he'd want to get the Lar back behind the bar.

I knew when Canning bottled the second last free in the first match that the chance was gone. A great year though all said and done but whether they can avoid the traditional destruction next year remains to be seen. That new Tipp boss O'Shea is no clown either but he'd want to get the Lar back behind the bar.
    I heard Lar was a holy show on the Late Late.

• Advertisement

His book was blasting Babs. If you blast the Babs then the Diabhal has no respect for ya. He was ****faced looking alright, you'd swear he was at the Allstars.

His book was blasting Babs. If you blast the Babs then the Diabhal has no respect for ya. He was ****faced looking alright, you'd swear he was at the Allstars.
    Babs is a major aul troll these days but you have to love how old school he is. He was saying a player "had been puttin too much butter on the shpuds" to describe him getting a bit roundy. How could you hate a man who'd say that like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

James bond great disappointment .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone keeping up to date on the Hurricane Sandy over the East Coast in America?

Anyone keeping up to date on the Hurricane Sandy over the East Coast in America?

Ya. The cousins in new jersey have lost there power in the last hour and the cousins in new york say its like hell with the winds and rain

cena wrote: »
    Ya. The cousins in new jersey have lost there power in the last hour and the cousins in new york say its like hell with the winds and rain

Yea my brother was due home on friday from NYC (but cant see that happening). Id hate to be over there

Yea my brother was due home on friday from NYC (but cant see that happening). Id hate to be over there

I hope he is staying safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Was it not too bad last night when they were having the pay per view, where is Raw now?

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    I hope he is staying safe.

Same with your family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Did anyone go out to see any of the music in Kilkenny this weekend, or was it just myself?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Heads up for some people; Steam are doing a Halloween sale today and tomorrow. People will notice some of us have raved over the Walking Dead game, and you can get it now for €15 (that includes the four episodes currently out AND the 5th due out next month). Excellent value for the price :)

"The Walt Disney Company just announced its plans to purchase Lucasfilms LTD from George Lucas, with plans to release Star Wars: Episode 7 sometime during 2015. The deal is a stock and cash transaction, with Lucas receiving about half of the $4.05 billion
    value of the deal in cash"

I'm NOT a happy HEEL :mad:

Don't mind the chance at a new Star Wars run tbh, and if anyone is going to do it right, it's Disney...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yep. After Avengers, I have faith they'll do a good job. Imagine if they got Whedon, Nolan and Cameron to do a Star Wars film each! (Substitute Peter Jackson in there if you want)

• Advertisement

I dunno I think maybe they should leave well alone at this stage. I hate the need in Hollywood these dya sto squeeze every last drop out of a franchise. Lets face it its pretty much a licence to print money regardless of quality so the danger is that quality will suffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I dunno I think maybe they should leave well alone at this stage. I hate the need in Hollywood these dya sto squeeze every last drop out of a franchise. Lets face it its pretty much a licence to print money regardless of quality so the danger is that quality will suffer.

Had a discussion about this in work today and one lad was adamant it wouldn't be as bad as most people are thinking with regards the new movies because the books that followed the first 3 (ep 4, 5 & 6) about
    Han & Leia's children, Luke turning bad for a while, the emperor being cloned etc
    were actually quality and could make quality movies. I'd personally be more like yourself Flah and feel they will be more concerned with squeezing money out of the franchise than the quality of any potential flicks.

one plus is that the SW movie widely considerd the best of all 6 wasnt actually directed by Lucas but by Kirchner (im sure I spelt his name wrong here)

Anybody know if there is truth in the other movie rumour that surfaced during the same work conversation today, that Chris Nolan wants to do the next Bond movie and that the studio also want him (so it essentially should happen).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Anyone else make the jump to windows 8? I like it personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Anybody know if there is truth in the other movie rumour that surfaced during the same work conversation today, that Chris Nolan wants to do the next Bond movie and that the studio also want him (so it essentially should happen).

Not sure. I heard that Sam Mendes was continuing with Bond for the next two.

I'd rather Nolan do a few more original films like The Prestige and Inception rather than going for something like Bond. I'm sure he'd do a brilliant job with Bond, but there are a lot of directors who could. Whereas not all of those directors could do what he does with original movies.

• Advertisement

Didn't disney make a sci-fi movie recently that was a complete disaster John Carter or something.

Agreed John Carter was quite a poor movie but i thought it was terribly advertised and promoted. It wasn't a horrific film for the kids...

I'm praying that Joss Whedon gets his hands on the script!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Agreed John Carter was quite a poor movie but i thought it was terribly advertised and promoted. It wasn't a horrific film for the kids...

If your source material is based on stories called "Under the Moons of Mars" and "John Carter: Warlord of Mars", and you decide to call your movie "John Carter"... you deserve for it to be a failure.

As Patton Oswalt said, that's like writing the script for Star Wars and calling it "Luke Skywalker: Space Farmer"

I'm praying that Joss Whedon gets his hands on the script!

Jesus, I had even considered that. Mouthwatering.

Jesus, I had even considered that. Mouthwatering.

Time for Good idea, Bad idea!

GOOD IDEA:
    Put Joss Whedon in charge of Directing Star Wars: Episode VII
    BAD IDEA: Put Tim Burton ic charge of Directing Star Wars: Episode VII (Starring Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter)

On a different note, HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!
    Just finished my Pumpkin! Hope there's no little S#its throwing bangers around my/your area.
    Any one else doing Pumpkins? I'd love to see them!
    396270_4199508661595_197250928_n.jpg

Also, this buy out of Lucasarts...that means Disney now get Indiana Jones as well, right?

Also, this buy out of Lucasarts...that means Disney now get Indiana Jones as well, right?

Yeah. I'm not really interested in Indiana Jones!

For anyone that watches Serie A like myself. Fabrizio Miccoli had this to say.

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3923/italy/2012/10/31/3492120/juventus-are-like-wwe-champion-cm-punk-miccoli
    Palermo striker Fabrizio Miccoli has compared Juventus to World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) champion CM Punk due to their willingness to do anything to win.

The former Old Lady striker has saluted the Bianconeri for their ability to capitalise on small situations and their grit when they are up against it.

"CM Punk, the WWE Champion for 344 days, is like Juve, as they are both strong and because they are great fighters," he told Tuttosport.

"They also take advantage of all little situations. For example, on Sunday [at a 'Hell In A Cell' event], he kept the title because the referee gave a 'low blow' to the opponent. You know, everything happens in wrestling.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

My effort

• Advertisement

Dancor wrote: »
    My effort

They're deadly!

For anyone that watches Serie A like myself. Fabrizio Miccoli had this to say.
    When I read this it was such a mind****. My second favourite Juve perennial sub after Di Vaio using a rasslin reference.

When I read this it was such a mind****. My second favourite Juve perennial sub after Di Vaio using a rasslin reference.

What Miccoli should be doing is apolagising to anyone in red n black for blasting the ball into abate's arm to get a penalty to my bemusement. What was Di Vaio's refrence btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

Yeah. I'm not really interested in Indiana Jones!

Neither are Disney unfortunately. :(

GTR63 wrote: »
    What Miccoli should be doing is apolagising to anyone in red n black for blasting the ball into abate's arm to get a penalty to my bemusement. What was Di Vaio's refrence btw?
    Di Vaoi isn't into that wrestling ****e. He's a big Turloughmore man though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

jaykhunter wrote: »

I quite enjoyed John Carter myself, a fun movie and well made. Pretty much standard blockbuster fare, it's budget seems to be a lot of people's problem with it.

*must resist urge to kill*

was giving a co worker a movie from my computer onto her USB and she accidentally deleted ALL my movies and TV shows!! trying a data recovery tool now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

jesus if that happened to me i would f*cking kill her!

Hope you manage to fix it!

I have to reformat my multrimedia drive hooked up to my tv - is there a quicker way to move all my files to my external hard drive (as the reformat clears the media drive) - the transfer is claiming like it will take about 7 years!

jesus if that happened to me i would f*cking kill her!

Hope you manage to fix it!

I have to reformat my multrimedia drive hooked up to my tv - is there a quicker way to move all my files to my external hard drive (as the reformat clears the media drive) - the transfer is claiming like it will take about 7 years!

o i wanted to but instead gritted my teeth and said "its okay" as she kept asking if I was mad, wanted to kill her, if it could be fixed etc

im a little bit more confident now that itl be ok though im finished work in 30mins and if its not done then i dunno will my battery last till i get home and the recovery will have been a waste of time.

mine says its half done but it seems to still be only scanning for recoverable files and not actually recovering them.

• Advertisement

was giving a co worker a movie from my computer onto her USB and she accidentally deleted ALL my movies and TV shows!!

Holy God man. And there's nothing worse when unbelievably angry when some clown keeps asking you if you're mad! How the f*** did she delete everything so fast? Format? Drop HDD? Ridiculous virus on her usb?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement