Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just had the greatest game of my life there in Halo 4, in terms of how well I did...

35 kills. 28 of them vehicle kills. One 15 kill streak.

We were 200 points down and I managed to pull it back for our team (In big team slayer). Next closest to me was my brother on 18 kills. I got to their base and got their Mech, and just mauled them. When they finally got me down 15 kills later, I got in a ghost and got another 9 straight kills.

It's kind of sad to know that I've just played the Halo game of my life though <_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The Pokemon games have sucked for a while now. There is a fcuking ice cream Pokemon now! The original 150(+1) were the best but the 251 are also acceptable. After that it went downhill fairly quickly.

Always get the urge to play Red or Blue but the internal battery is dead in Blue while Red is 100% complete. Yellow wasnt as good.

I have no problem with an ice cream Pokémon but I'm not fond of the design. Go from an ice cube to an ice cream to an iceberg or something. For me Gold and Silver have yet to be topped. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Man, the vita can suck it. Tech-wise it's really impressive but I care not for ports of console games. Proprietary memory card game slot so no playing psp games so you have to download overpriced digital copies.

I'd recommend getting a 3DS, there's some great games for it and a really extensive DS library. Always nice to have some new tech. Or if you're so inclined, get a DS and an R4 card. They're great for storing legal games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah I like them. Was only listening to Relationship of Command today.
    Do you think the reunion will continue any further, are you a fan of The Mars Volta as well? I heard very bad reports about some of their live performances this year but I'd love to see them playing here at some point. Still though, for some reason I have it in my head that it probably won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone planning on getting the Wii U? Maybe for Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'm quite tempted alright. It's a really good price too for a new console and the ZombiU game looks like it could be great.

Then again, I'm looking over at my xbox which has about 20 odd games I haven't even scratched the surface of, so I don't know if I should be getting a new console just yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Man, the vita can suck it. Tech-wise it's really impressive but I care not for ports of console games. Proprietary memory card game slot so no playing psp games so you have to download overpriced digital copies.

I'd recommend getting a 3DS, there's some great games for it and a really extensive DS library. Always nice to have some new tech. Or if you're so inclined, get a DS and an R4 card. They're great for storing legal games.

I actually have a PSP already!

Might buy the vita if it comes down in price, till then as you say, it can suck it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'm planning to get a 5th Gen iPod touch. My Samsung Galaxy S won't hold all of my pictures and AOW/OSW podcasts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Red Dead Redemption:
    John!!!! :( I dont want to play as crybaby Jack, I want to be ass kicking John! Why cant we kill the kid instead? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

When does Assassin's Creed III actually get good?
    What i've played so far (3 sequences) has been below average stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Voltwad wrote: »
    Can't believe I had to scroll a whole 8 posts to see this. It's become a PW Boards meme now!

I'm off to NYC on Friday for 5 days. Staying in Manhattan. Any recommendations?

maybe a hotel in central park area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Probably around Sequence 5 or 6. The world opens up a lot more and the story gets more interesting. Stick with it, there are some brilliant bits in the game even if overall, the game might be slightly disappointing (personally I didn't think it was, but I can see why people would)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I think Vince Russo wrote Love/Hate tonight given the insane pacing and shock value.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

rovert wrote: »
    I think Vince Russo wrote Love/Hate tonight given the insane pacing and shock value.

Some show tho! Back with a bang!

rovert wrote: »

I always thought he wrote the Rep of Telly load of rushed sketches and segments the majority of which are always bad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I want to like Republic of Telly so much, if only because it gives Irish comedians a chance to get their stuff on TV. I'd love more shows which attempt to showcase Irish TV.

But it's just not very good. I like the "Hey look, something funny happened in that show!" bits but the sketches really bore me to tears....

Anyone ever get bad headaches after operations. Had a minor op Thursday and have been dying with migraines on and off since.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Anyone ever get bad headaches after operations. Had a minor op Thursday and have been dying with migraines on and off since.

Was it a head related operation? Worse I've ever had was sore ears and a sore throat but that was for ear surgery, hence the first part.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Was it a head related operation? Worse I've ever had was sore ears and a sore throat but that was for ear surgery, hence the first part.

It was a spot removed on my cheek and they used local anistetic. Feel pure nauseous since early this morning too, which had nothing to do with trying to watch Milan or Liverpool play and knowing neither would win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

But it's just not very good. I like the "Hey look, something funny happened in that show!" bits but the sketches really bore me to tears....
    I thought i was the only one who felt that.

Head to the GP in the morning would be my advice.

• Advertisement

Yeah, seriously go to the doctor. Unless, are you a nervous person and thinking about your health a lot, stressed? But better to be safe than sorry. P.S Republic Of Telly is Smelly

Has it stopped you eating? I'd say the headache's from low blood sugar or caffeine withdrawal. Best go to your GP or talk to your surgeon to be safe.

Has it stopped you eating? I'd say the headache's from low blood sugar or caffeine withdrawal. Best go to your GP or talk to your surgeon to be safe.

Advice from a doctor, take it to the bank! :p

Went to the doctor today, he said the headches were stress related after the operation among other things, he said if i'm still bad with it later in the week to go back. Which I am anyway to have a stitch removed. Got sick earlier too and already feel better.

I just logged in to my PSN for the first time in about 10 months. The trophies didnt seem to register. Taking GTA IV for example, I got 90something% and pretty much finished the game but have only the first few trophies. Will I have to do it all again?

Went to the doctor today, he said the headches were stress related.

Stress, eh? I'd wanna do a colonoscopy. Get in there and find some answers :)

HA!
    My lord Assassins(no not a pun)Creed III is boring so far just done up to Seq 4 which needed 2 sittings cause hunting scitzo animals animals was about as entertaining as watching paint dry, this Conner chap is hardly a character either just a husk with a spud nose and weird eyes. I've played for over five hours and i'm sleeping in a stable and anticipating a tinge of racism approaching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

A colonoscopy still sounds like more fun than watching Raw lately :o

Now that I have Raw over me I have Jessie J in March to look forward to!
    What's everyone on here looking forward to before or after Christmas?

Kerbdog & Souls at Spirit on the 8th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I'm going to propose to my GF. Bring on Christmas morning!!

Dancor wrote: »

Nice one, man. Congrats.

Few years ago my sister and her boyfriend announced on Christmas morning that they'd gotten engaged. Half an hour later my other sister and her boyfriend announced they'd gotten engaged too. Cue snarky comments between the two of them that they were stealing each other's thunder, "I announced it first", "I'm older" etc.

Sisters...

Going to see Michael McIntyre this weekend. Not exactly looking forward to it though as I hate him. Friends bought me a ticket without asking me. Go for the craic anyway I suppose and comedy is always 10% funnier when you're actually there so I should be laughing 10% of the time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Going to Mumford and Sons and doing the usual 12 pubs of christmas here in Newbridge :)

Penn wrote: »
    Nice one, man. Congrats.

Few years ago my sister and her boyfriend announced on Christmas morning that they'd gotten engaged. Half an hour later my other sister and her boyfriend announced they'd gotten engaged too. Cue snarky comments between the two of them that they were stealing each other's thunder, "I announced it first", "I'm older" etc.

Sisters...

Cheers. I know its a popular time to do it and we might not be the only ones announcing it that day, but I am pretty sure she always wanted a proposal on Christmas day. I also cant think of anything else to get her :o So this will do.

Im also going to be all traditional and ask her dad, just looking for the right time.

Better hope she doesn't read boards :pac:

Congratulations and good luck.

Sisters...

That's why I wouldn't do it on christmas eve/morning. My gf's sister got proposed to on the morning and I'm sure she (her sister) would be reminding her how it was the same day, trying to make it sound sweet and sisterly.
    When my gf would probably hate her and it wouldnt feel as special to her as a different, more random day.

Also, I changed my name. Anyone get the reference?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Going to see Michael McIntyre this weekend. Not exactly looking forward to it though as I hate him. Friends bought me a ticket without asking me. Go for the craic anyway I suppose and comedy is always 10% funnier when you're actually there so I should be laughing 10% of the time.

Going to Michael McIntyre myself, although I am looking forward to it as I'm a fan of his work! Sorry! :P

Also, I changed my name. Anyone get the reference?

I had to Google it (didn't know there was a reference to be gotten. Just thought you were some sort of Monster of Telly)
    lockie1983 wrote: »
    Going to Michael McIntyre myself, although I am looking forward to it as I'm a fan of his work! Sorry! :P

I'm probably not giving him a fair chance, so I'm trying to go with a slightly open mind. Millions of people can't be wrong, can they?

• Advertisement

I had to Google it (didn't know there was a reference to be gotten. Just thought you were some sort of Monster of Telly)

Its so deep it works on many different levels! :pac:

Millions of people can't be wrong, can they?

Of course not

Sure look at the Twilight craziness......

Of course not

Good point.

Anyone want a ticket to see Michael McIntyre on Sunday? Mine is suddenly available for sale

Congrats and best of luck Dancor!

I changed my name. Anyone get the reference?

Any particular reason? (Way to show Punk even more disrespect!) :pac:

Congratulations Man! Hope it works out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Of course not

Best part of the last movie being out? It means they are nearly done with that sh*te.

Any particular reason? (Way to show Punk even more disrespect!) :pac:

Just wanted to mix it up a bit. I might go back to CMpunked at some stage.
    I was watching a few old sesame street clips last night and realised i loved telly as a kid.
    I watched the clips because I watched the being elmo doc again a few weeks back.

Just wanted to mix it up a bit. I might go back to CMpunked at some stage.
    I was watching a few old sesame street clips last night and realised i loved telly as a kid.
    I watched the clips because I watched the being elmo doc again a few weeks back.

Few months ago I finally signed up to Netflix for the month trial.

Ended up mostly watching old episodes of Power Rangers. Best show ever.

(gets urge to change name to Lord Zedd)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If I was to ever change my name on this, I'd probably go with something Warhammer 40k related. Perhaps Angron or Mortarion.

Was half-considering changing mine a few months back and was trying to think of what to change it to. Then they asked me to be a CMod and I thought probably best not to change it for a while or else it'd be too confusing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement