Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone watching Children in Need tonight? It's usually a good show (I watch it mainly for the Doctor who skit and the music)

Didn't even know it was on >_<

Ah well, I've taken to Youtubing the Dr. Who bits anyway nowadays. (<3 JLC).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Back in your box spurs! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Back in your box spurs! :D

Now to wait for Diabhal to have a shot at Harry.

Thanks El Shaarawy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

GTR63 wrote: »
    Dumb question but is there any reason why Jayk and Bounty both have Hunter in their names?

Lol! BH said his was from Magic the Gathering. It's been my username for over a decade, from the days of the IRC chatrooms. It's a Triple H reference from ~2000. And also the mutant frogs in Resident Evil 1 (called Hunters)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

12,000 posts!

Gwan the BH! Here's to 12k more! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

BH is right, this is probably the best run forum on boards. Everyone who posts here is knowledgeable and articulate, this is my only real resource for wrestling news and discussion. There never seems to be any of the nastiness that you see elsewhere on the site.

Due to us all being so passionate however, I feel that the potential for murder could be high. Does anyone know how many episodes into season 5 Sons Of Anarchy is at the moment?

I don't visit dirtsheets anymore either. Anything worth knowing is posted here on the board :)

Sons are 10 episodes in if you're keeping with the states.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Due to us all being so passionate however, I feel that the potential for murder could be high. Does anyone know how many episodes into season 5 Sons Of Anarchy is at the moment?

Like jayk said, 10th episode was this week. But the 10th episode and the rest of the episodes this season are longer than the rest. So full running time of an episode is usually 45-50 minutes, but these last few episodes are about an hour long.

More Sons of Anarchy is never a bad thing (unless it's Season 3 SOA, which was just awful)

That's just your opinion. I liked it. Where do you watch it? I've just about caught up and am wondering what day/where I can watch the next one. Cheers for the responses guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I missed all the first season, most of the second and I already think the Walking Dead is one of the 5 best shows I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I missed all the first season, most of the second and I already think the Walking Dead is one of the 5 best shows I've ever seen.

That's why. Season 2 really dragged the show down. It's really turned a corner this season though. Fantastic stuff so far.

I have yet to watch that actually, people keep telling me to. So much stuff, so little time!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm not sure if your still talking about SOA (just watched S05E10 myself having watched them all through for the first time during the past few weeks) or Walking dead now but Personally I havent thought there has been a weak season in SOA and its actually one of very few shows that seems to have almost no filler bits in episodes. It airs on a Tuesday stateside iirc so should be available on Wednesday through any reputable (fully legal of course) source.

now that im up to date with SOA ive started rewatching Louis theroux's wild weekends, already seen the Wrestling, Gangsta Rap Chris Eubank & Thai Brides eps, really is a great watch, though having just seen some clips of it I would say the Jimmy Saville one might take on a whole new context now

I believe its GTR always in here lamenting Liverpool/Meelan performances, well just be glad your not a Villa fan! Even when we seem to be playing some decent football I witness one of the most bizarre penalty calls I can recall, heads drop and then four more goals are conceded inc another penalty! not fun viewing to say the least.

Yeah im like many others here now, virtually 100% of all my PW news comes directly from PW boards (live events etc being the obvious exception)

Massive babyface turn by the T-rex in the first Jurassic Park is a great example of keeping things simple and having a slow build.

To summarise: JP does pro-wrestling better than pro-wrestling. Also has better music.

Massive babyface turn by the T-rex in the first Jurassic Park is a great example of keeping things simple and having a slow build.

To summarise: JP does pro-wrestling better than pro-wrestling. Also has better music.

Pity that the T-Rex got jobbed out like Zack Ryder in JP3 though......

I'm not sure if your still talking about SOA (just watched S05E10 myself having watched them all through for the first time during the past few weeks) or Walking dead now but Personally I havent thought there has been a weak season in SOA and its actually one of very few shows that seems to have almost no filler bits in episodes. It airs on a Tuesday stateside iirc so should be available on Wednesday through any reputable (fully legal of course) source.

now that im up to date with SOA ive started rewatching Louis theroux's wild weekends, already seen the Wrestling, Gangsta Rap Chris Eubank & Thai Brides eps, really is a great watch, though having just seen some clips of it I would say the Jimmy Saville one might take on a whole new context now

I believe its GTR always in here lamenting Liverpool/Meelan performances, well just be glad your not a Villa fan! Even when we seem to be playing some decent football I witness one of the most bizarre penalty calls I can recall, heads drop and then four more goals are conceded inc another penalty! not fun viewing to say the least.

Yeah im like many others here now, virtually 100% of all my PW news comes directly from PW boards (live events etc being the obvious exception)
    I was talking about Walking Dead. Sons Of Anarchy is the greatest show today.

Pity that the T-Rex got jobbed out like Zack Ryder in JP3 though......
    That was after the boom period. Wins and losses mean nothing anymore in the Dinosaur Entertainment biz. Is Vince Russo booking????

• Advertisement

I'm hoping for a return to form in the new one, which is rumored to be getting written currently.

3am and I'm wide awake. Didn't watch Survivor Series as I intended to go asleep. From reading the thread it sounds like I'd have had a better chance of falling asleep had I watched it!

I'm hoping for a return to form in the new one, which is rumored to be getting written currently.
    There was a script where the dinosaurs had guns.

There was a script where the dinosaurs had guns.

Nice to know Russo is keeping himself busy. Kudos on the ADP avatar btw.
    Anybody start or finish the Christmas shopping yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I usually go Christmas shopping on Christmas eve morning,quickly get pissed off at the busyness of shops,go the pub,get drunk,stalk Glen Hansard and whoever he's playing with on Grafton St,and end up giving people €20 in a card on Christmas day.

It's a good system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Anybody start or finish the Christmas shopping yet?

Yes because I only buy presents for 1 person and it was all done on Amazon and ebay :D

I'm having major problems thinking of something for my brother this year >_<

My exams take up a lot of December so I'll have to leave it till the Friday before Christmas like a mong. I'm a voucher man unless I have a great idea for a present.

Cannot wait for the 12 pubs though.

My dad's is ordered and due to arrive this week, my brother gets xbox live so just need something for the mammy now.

• Advertisement

I'm having major problems thinking of something for my brother this year >_<

Ho Ho Ho :D

http://www.barbarablank.com/store/products/?category_id=&manufacturer_id=&label_id=&vendor_id=&page=&price_from=&price_to=

****ing customs. Just got hit with a 28€ charge on some t-shirts I ordered from Rooster Teeth in America. 22% added on the value.

Damn, that's quite a sting. Scumbag customs tax. How much was your order? IIRC it's quite a low threshold to be stung by it. As if P&P and wait times aren't bad enough!

Stepped out for an hour, wouldn't you know my amazon package arrived while I was out. Now I gotta go through dodgy-ville to the post office a bit later.

I won't order something online unless it says free P&P or at least has a very low one. Don't mind waiting longer if it saves money.

In fairness, the nature of the shirts was I couldn't get them anywhere else. The Rooster Teeth site has become mine and my brother's favorite site, and I know the stuff I got him for Xmas from it will go down amazingly well. I don't mind paying for them, I just wish you got more notice than a postman arriving on your doorstep holding your items to ransom as you stand there freezing in your pants :P

So DiMatteo got the bullet. But the real question must be how Mark Hughes hasn't.

• Advertisement

The Chelsea job would be the best job in the world to get. Just go through the motions and you'll get a massive pay off regardless of what happens. AVB did rubbish and got sacked, RDM won the double and got sacked about six months later! Get a nice contract at the start and you'll be sorted.

I just wish you got more notice than a postman arriving on your doorstep holding your items to ransom as you stand there freezing in your pants :P

What happens if you refuse to pay the postman? Do the products get returned to sender, or just destroyed?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Stepped out for an hour, wouldn't you know my amazon package arrived while I was out. Now I gotta go through dodgy-ville to the post office a bit later.

Let me guess, Rutland Place? Mind the Dutch Gold cans, vomit, and urine as you go :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Maybe Chelsea could take a lesson from these guys

****ing customs. Just got hit with a 28€ charge on some t-shirts I ordered from Rooster Teeth in America.

QUALITY! :D

I love their lets plays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

I have no problem paying customs if it comes from the states. Its mainly nhl jerseys I buy.

Denny M wrote: »
    Maybe Chelsea could take a lesson from these guys

Bloody hell. I just won the Premier League with QPR after three seasons. Maybe I should start applying for these jobs. :D

Did it once for the Sunderland job when Keane left but never got an answer :pac:

QUALITY! :D

I love their lets plays.

Shout out to lets plays :D

Word of warning to PC gamers; apparently a Steam sale starts tonight and runs for the week.

If you've got 15€ to spare, I'll recommend this again; GET THE WALKING DEAD GAME! Last part came out this morning, and from a story point of view, it's easily my game of the year right now....

Shout out to lets plays :D

I was watching them for a good while before I ever seen their faces. I think it was as far back as it was just jack and geoff doing them but I found it very strange when I seen what they looked like. Twas weird!

I was watching Red vs Blue for years before I actually realised they had their own site. A friend threw the first few seasons on a disc and told me to watch it.

Now, I've got the Rooster Teeth videos, the Acheivement Hunter videos, AND I'm trying to get through 150+ Podcasts :P

I want to work for them :(

I want to work for them :(

Me too. And if that little shít, gavin, can then anyone can. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Rafa is back for round two with fergie.

Tinie wrote: »
    Rafa is back for round two with fergie.

RAFA still Rulz.
    Great bicycle from Mexes tonite, it'd be mindblowing if not for Zlatan.

Me too. And if that little shít, gavin, can then anyone can. :pac:

Ah here, why all the Gavin hate. Always makes me laugh, usually because he has a great ability to set up jokes from others. He tends to make the Minecraft LPs for me.

"Hey Gavin, how big of a drop is th....OH GOD!"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement