Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Was alerted to this and thought I'd share....

First reaction:

Sweet!:D

Second reaction:
    I own a mac..

Shíte. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anyone picking up a WiiU tonite or this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

GTR63 wrote: »
    Anyone picking up a WiiU tonite or this weekend?

I'm tempted but I have my work Christmas party tomorrow night and then off to London on Saturday to see Alexisonfire's last ever gigs. Can't wait!

I think I'll wait to see what the general opinion on it is before buying though, I have Max Payne 3/RE6/RE:ORC/Fallout New Vegas all sealed on my desk waiting to be played :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm quite jealous you're getting to see Alexisonfire, I'd have loved to have seen them at some point.

• Advertisement

Denny M wrote: »
    I'm quite jealous you're getting to see Alexisonfire, I'd have loved to have seen them at some point.

They're fantastic live alright, real pity they're breaking up. The support band are also playing their last gigs and they're one of my favourites too so it'll be kinda cool to see them both for the last time.

No idea how much to bring yet as I expect to hit the merch table pretty hard!

I'm tempted but I have my work Christmas party tomorrow night.

I think I'll wait to see what the general opinion on it is before buying though, I have Max Payne 3/RE6/RE:ORC/Fallout New Vegas all sealed on my desk waiting to be played :o

Max Payne 3 is quite good imo. Tempted by the WiiU as the fantasy in my head is it has a touchscreen and you look at the tv too it could be like a DS home console hardware limitations and all. I'd sell everything I have bar my tubby dog if they made a Phoenix Wright game for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

I see P Joyce retired there. Some footballer on his day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I see P Joyce retired there. Some footballer on his day.
    Scored the best point I've ever seen against Kildare this year in the league. Absolute gent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,607 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

looks generic as **** but still better than most of the turds he is involved with.

Still though, it has Omar so not all bad will come of it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

My internet connection is very bad tonight, so I was unable to watch the trailer but do you mean Michael K. Williams (is that the guy's name?)? He's great, but the character was moreso!

Got the loan of Amazing Spiderman, Avengers and Dark Knight Rises on dvd from my brother there, haven't seen any of them yet. Going with Spiderman first.
    Anyone end up pick a WiiU today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

No. I can safely say that the last console I got while it was still the top of range was the NES.

My internet connection is very bad tonight, so I was unable to watch the trailer but do you mean Michael K. Williams (is that the guy's name?)? He's great, but the character was moreso!

yep

Just watched the dark knight rises. Enjoyed it but didn't know Jeremy Irons was in it. Bane was a pretty lame villain I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

what did you like/not like about the movie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Lads, quick one for ya.

I ordered the WWE Encyclopedia last week from Amazon, for some reason they sent ( and charged me for ) two.

If anyone wants to buy it off me I'll sell it for face value of 25 euro - only thing is collection is probably best as it weighs a ton to post.

PM if you want it, or else my mam will be getting a strange xmas pressie.

Paul

jaykhunter wrote: »
    what did you like/not like about the movie?

I liked most of the new characters but at times it felt a bit like Batman/B.Wayne was playing 2nd fiddle. Some of a it felt a bit What? Too eg like the new batmobile by way of Deus Ex. The fighting between Batman and Bane was weird like 2 guys fighting with their feet in concrete. Bane's voice then I thought my PS3 broke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

When does Breaking Bad get good? Finished the first season and it's pretty slow so far.

Will start season 2 tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Charisteas wrote: »
    When does Breaking Bad get good? Finished the first season and it's pretty slow so far.

It gets better........

And better and better and better and better and better.

Yep. It kicks into high gear in Season 4 - absolutely sublime writing. I'm not a drama fan, and although it's good, I wasn't blown away by S1-3, but wow, it really is some of the best television I've ever seen.

That rugby group is just asking for a second place finish and a QF with the All Blacks. Wales have it all to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

That rugby group is just asking for a second place finish and a QF with the All Blacks. Wales have it all to do.

No better time than the World Cup to finally beat the All Blacks if that happens.

The All Blacks are just a ****e Kilkenny anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Charisteas wrote: »

Halfway thru the first season myself and struggling to see what all the fuss is about. Give me the non stop action of 24 anyday :D

If they play as bad as they did last Saturday we'd kick the holes of them. Lets just hope we spend the next 18 months to 2 years bleeding in new talent.
    Bit off topic but i'm just wondering are you a Juve fan Diabhal?

Bit off topic but i'm just wondering are you a Juve fan Diabhal?
    Not really a fan of any soccer team really these days. I'm one of those guys that believes you support where you're from. I loved ADP though.

I guess I'm a neutral.

Not really a fan of any soccer team really these days. I'm one of those guys that believes you support where you're from. I loved ADP though.

I guess I'm a neutral.

Big Totti mark myself. Same with Zanetti, Nedved and a bit further back Batistuta.
    I have season 1 of Breaking bad atop my Xbox waiting to be watched.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Halfway thru the first season myself and struggling to see what all the fuss is about. Give me the non stop action of 24 anyday :D

Yeah it's not exactly gripping edge of your seat stuff such as Lost or 24 or Prison Break were from pretty much the beginning, but with a 9.4 rating on imdb i'm gonna keep watching for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Breaking Bad is fcuking awesome and just keeps getting better imo. Easily the best show going these days.

Was bored so I just set up and decorated my Christmas tree didn't turn on the lights i'll wait until Saturday for that.
    Anybody watch the amazing spiderman film, was looking forward to it but it didn't do a lot that the old trilogy didn't already do imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Was bored so I just set up and decorated my Christmas tree didn't turn on the lights i'll wait until Saturday for that.
    Anybody watch the amazing spiderman film, was looking forward to it but it didn't do a lot that the old trilogy didn't already do imo.

I watched it with my little cousins. I liked it

Big Totti mark myself. Same with Zanetti, Nedved and a bit further back Batistuta.
    Good aul Pavel

It was so great not having Maguire and Dunst as the leads. Another re-threading of the origin story won't ever engage u that much but it's my favourite of the 4. Loved the sewer scene with lots of webs although could've used BONESAW! I got you for three minutes YEAH!

• Advertisement

It was so great not having Maguire and Dunst as the leads. Another re-threading of the origin story won't ever engage u that much but it's my favourite of the 4. Loved the sewer scene with lots of webs although could've used BONESAW! I got you for three minutes YEAH!

Yeah Bonesaw and the hooker valets ruled. It may have been the origin story being done again that gave me deja vu. Didn't like seeing Spiderman get unmasked 3 times either, its only the first film.

Had a pretty awesome weekend in London, the Alexisonfire gigs were outstanding! Got all the Christmas shopping sorted too.

Off for the next 3 days and have Chikara's Tournico Cibernetico to watch and my House of Hardcore DVD arrived too! Pretty savage start to December and the best is yet to come.

The new kid playing Parker was garbage, nowhere enough talented to capture the vulnerability of Peter like Maguire did. Way to smug to be likable.

I do admit that Emma Stone was quite good, Dunst despite been a bloody awesome actress was no more than one dimensional eye candy in the original trilogy. The British fella phoned it in however, especially compared to Molina who was one the best villians portrayed on superhero film recently.

Seen Argo the other day, Ben Affleck is really picking his roles quite well since he and Lopez parted. Very interesting film.:)

Garfield is that his name? was woeful as Spidey. Got Avengers to watch but I doubt i'll watch that until late Thursday night with Tna and the Champ League on. Oh and Liverpool in the europa(stop laughing). I know we have an MMA thread but I cannot wait for that FOX card saturday night.

shocked to hear people prefer the rubber faced pairing of Dunst & Maguire. Couldn't stand them and didn't think the movies were anything special, sure fans had turned on the franchise at #3. But I see what ye are saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If you're driving slowly and the line "I'll get you into penetration" comes on your very loud radio just as you're going past a schoolgirl, are you put on the sex offenders register?

If so, I'm going to be on the sex offenders register.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Only if you start winking suggestively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Denny M wrote: »
    Only if you start winking suggestively.
    Or if the "i" in winking was an "a."

shocked to hear people prefer the rubber faced pairing of Dunst & Maguire. Couldn't stand them and didn't think the movies were anything special, sure fans had turned on the franchise at #3. But I see what ye are saying.

On reflection, first one was fine, second one was fantastic although it was a super performance from Molina which elevated it, third was garbage. They tried to fit in way to much and they wasted Venom which is disgraceful as their is so much to do with that character, could have quite easily built the film around it but it felt like an after thought, with a million sub plots and characters popping up every few minutes.
    I'd take Stone over Dunst though, as I said Dunst is a super actress as Melancholia proved but her character is pitiful, and she phones it in especially for the third one.

Had a pretty awesome weekend in London, the Alexisonfire gigs were outstanding! Got all the Christmas shopping sorted too.

Heading over to London for a few days over new years, any spots I should check out that arent the typical touristy places?

CMpunked wrote: »
    Heading over to London for a few days over new years, any spots I should check out that arent the typical touristy places?

Cool, is it your first time heading there? I can't say I know too many non touristy places to be honest. Most of the times I go there, it's for gigs and is usually a fleeting trip so I check out the main spots.

I'd really recommend doing one of the red bus tours, it's really enjoyable. So enjoyable I've done it twice now. I really enjoyed the London Dungeon too as I'm really into all the Jack the Ripper stuff.

If you like art or history, then you'll be sorted. Some of the galleries and museums are top notch and you could spend days in them they're so big. I have yet to go to the Tower of London yet but will check it out on my next trip which will hopefully be in Jan/Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I love London, its my second favorite city after NYC. The tube system is the best in the world IMO and so easy to get around on. Like above I don't really know anywhere that is non touristy but even the tourist spots are excellent. Hop on hop off open top bus tour is the best way to do it.

I did the Dungeons too, I got a bit of focus in the Sweeney Todd part cause of my long hair :pac: The dungeons are pretty fun though.

Well into season 3 now in Breaking Bad, flying through the episodes, pretty addictive. Marked out at Danny Trejo's appearance, that guy is just a legend.

And of course THIS song.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement