Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Best show on TV along with the Walking Dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

glenjamin wrote: »
    Best show on TV along with the Walking Dead.

Yeah Walking Dead is great too, both seem to be on this AMC channel in the States which I had never heard of before. Say they must be delighted.

Also seems RTE and TV3 missed the boat on Breaking Bad letting little ol' TG4 pick it up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Huzzah, 1-0 to Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Denny M wrote: »
    I did the Dungeons too, I got a bit of focus in the Sweeney Todd part cause of my long hair :pac: The dungeons are pretty fun though.

Is it scary like lads jumping out at you craic? GF is a little scared at that stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think there was a few bits like that, you can have a gander at their website to see if it's the sort of thing you'd like to do: http://www.the-dungeons.co.uk/london/en/index.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Fu<king delighted that Celtic went through and Juve too.
    Not Rafa's fault though so shut up yob Chelsea fans it was Robbie's.
    Even as a Liverpool fan I won't want to have to hear United lost to Clunge all day tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

I'm here at an andrea bocelli concert. I'm not even into this line of music.

cena wrote: »
    I'm here at an andrea bocelli concert. I'm not even into this line of music.

Andrea Bocelli.....didn't he play for Palermo once?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Andrea Bocelli.....didn't he play for Palermo once?
    i really don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Adam Sandler films came up here the other day. Avoid "Thats my boy" like the plauge. It is fcuking woeful. Jack and Jill was ok, but compared to this crap, it was epic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I hate Adam Sandler since he made a movie called funny people that had no funny people in it!!!

Closest I ever got to leaving the cinema during a movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I got up and left during The (nothing) Happening. Unfortunately my mates were still in the cinema so after about 20 minutes I went back in. Most infuriating movie I've ever paid to see. Well, until Horrorthon & Michael Biehn's wife's movie, Among Friends. I couldn't get up and leave as the whole cast & crew were in the audience. I just couldn't.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I hate Adam Sandler since he made a movie called funny people that had no funny people in it!!!

Closest I ever got to leaving the cinema during a movie.

Could'nt agree more , thought Funny People was terrible.

Went to see 7 Psychopaths last night , was very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Went to see 7 Psychopaths last night , was very good
    Yeah looking forward to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Dancor wrote: »
    It gets better........

And better and better and better and better and better.

Sorry to quote myself. Just got these figures from Metacritic.

Season 1, 74 out of 100

Season 2, 85 out of 100

Season 3, 89 out of 100

Season 4, 96 out of 100

Season 5 (so far) 99 out of 100

Really does get better. Anyone finding Season one a slow burn just stick with it, its well worth it.

• Advertisement

Downloaded that's my boy because I like Adam Sandburg but not quite got the will to watch it going by reviews :(

For those who've been in London, what's the best way to get around? Is there a city ticket that can be got for the tubes?

They have Oyster cards I think they are called, you can top them up as you go along, and they are usable on the underground and buses if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CMpunked wrote: »
    Downloaded that's my boy because I like Adam Sandburg but not quite got the will to watch it going by reviews :(

For those who've been in London, what's the best way to get around? Is there a city ticket that can be got for the tubes?

You should watch Andy Samberg in Cuckoo on BBC 3

Denny M wrote: »
    They have Oyster cards I think they are called, you can top them up as you go along, and they are usable on the underground and buses if I recall correctly.

Is the tubes cheap?

Is the tubes cheap?
    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14416.aspx Best I can find of a list for pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

They aren't necessarily cheap when you compare it with Dublin, but they're the best option.

Is the tubes cheap?

Quite pricey actually. Where are you flying into?

I know Gatwick has the Gatwick express. Train that goes direct to Victoria station in 30 minutes or so. I'm sure other airports have a similar set up too. Any idea on accommodation yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Is the tubes cheap?

I found the day pass very good value when I was over a few months ago. Especially of your going on a full days travel using the tube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I just received the most AMAZING Birthday present from boardsie "AhmadKH7"
    A RINGSIDE ticket for RAW in April! It just goes to show, Wrestling fans are the nicest people on the planet!

Dancor wrote: »
    Quite pricey actually. Where are you flying into?

I know Gatwick has the Gatwick express. Train that goes direct to Victoria station in 30 minutes or so. I'm sure other airports have a similar set up too. Any idea on accommodation yet?

Flying into stansted. Staying near paddington station and hyde park area.
    A RINGSIDE ticket for RAW in April! It just goes to show, Wrestling fans are the nicest people on the planet!

Jammy git! :pac:
    Do you know them IRL?

That's awesome HH. And happy birthday as well!

I got Black Ops 2 from a boardsie for my birthday, but I've known him for years before I was on boards.

Happy birthday Heel, we almost share a birthday :P

Happy birthday #HEEL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

@ #HEEL

brother-wwe-wresting-birthday-card-with-badge-5210-p%5Bekm%5D233x440%5Bekm%5D.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

CONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNACHT CONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNACHT CONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNACHT CONNACHT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Birthday Hashtag_HEEL

CONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNACHT CONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNACHT CONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNACHT CONNACHT

Looks like you're running past me at high speed. Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiabhal!

I've done my province proud tonight.

I've done my province proud tonight.

Delighted they didn't rob a bonus point too. Good win for Ulster too away at Northampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Flying into stansted. Staying near paddington station and hyde park area.

You can get the Stansted Express then to Liverpool Street. It's 31.50 return which is a little pricey unfortunately but it's very reliable. There are buses too though that would be cheaper.

Also, get some Krispy Kreme doughnuts at the airport, they're awesome!

Also, get some Krispy Kreme doughnuts at the airport, they're awesome!

MOTHA' FCUKIN YES!

The girlfriend is from manchester so we always pick up way more than the recommended doctors amount. They are crazy good.

Just found out there is a collection of movie costumes exhibit going to be in one of the museums near by. I'm so excited. :D
    Sweet jesus i'm excited about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A guy who I went to school with died early on Friday morning by his own means. We were close in school but went to different colleges. News of his death has really shook me, We went to Rome together in 2009 on a lads trip and that was the last time I saw him. I just find it very sad that a 24 year old guy could see no future, I regret not maintaining contact over the last 3 years.

A guy who I went to school with died early on Friday morning by his own means. We were close in school but went to different colleges. News of his death has really shook me, We went to Rome together in 2009 on a lads trip and that was the last time I saw him. I just find it very sad that a 24 year old guy could see no future, I regret not maintaining contact over the last 3 years.

Sorry to hear that. RIP.

Awful to hear that. The sad thing is pretty much everyone on here will know or know of someone who's done or tried to do the same. Theres probably even people on here that feel that way right now.

We really need to take a long hard look mental health issues in this country. If anyone on here feels like that I'd beg them to talk to someone. Even post on here to let of a bit of steam. Anything is better than what that poor guy in the post above resorted to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Awful to hear that. The sad thing is pretty much everyone on here will know or know of someone who's done or tried to do the same. Theres probably even people on here that feel that way right now.

We really need to take a long hard look mental health issues in this country. If anyone on here feels like that I'd beg them to talk to someone. Even post on here to let of a bit of steam. Anything is better than what that poor guy in the post above resorted to.

Agreed , not to use a cheap plug but there is a christmas festival kinda thing happening about Mental Health happening in Swords this day next week. My band have been lucky enough to be asked to play it and hopefully the event is a success http://www.facebook.com/events/504647389569124/

Suicide is something I don't think we'll ever fully comprehend until you actually go through it yourself. I've had suicide affect my family and friends. In all cases it was people I'd never expect to be unhappy. If you ever find yourself in such a situation please talk to somebody. Venting really helps. Even on here there's the Personal Issues forum where you can post anonymously.

That's right, talking about your feelings is key to good mental health. Remember there's no problem that can't be fixed, there's always a solution which can be worked out, never give up on yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Did Red Dead Redemption again and got perfect timing. As soon as I
    killed Ross
    , the final action of the storyline, I got the 100% trophy :D Couldnt have timed it better if I planned it!

I'll the first here and say I have thought of commiting sucide. I guess the simple reason my injured hand gets me down alot. I have been to the doctor about it.

I'll the first here and say I have thought of commiting sucide. I guess the simple reason my injured hand gets me down alot. I have been to the doctor about it.

Don't let something like that get you down cena, talk to someone about your issue, remember life evolves and changes and things get better. You can't come back from suicide, I know this is a cliche but it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

• Advertisement

I know the feeling, I have fairly severe depression myself, been to the doctors a few times as well over it.

Have had more than my fair share of ups and downs myself mainly due to childhood stuff. Things are starting to look up the last few months after a year of very hard and painful counselling.

Anytime anyone isn't feeling too great they could drop me a PM if they like. I dont have many or any answers really but all it needs sometimes is someone to listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Okay guys, time to take things back up a notch. I was hospitalised for 2 months last year with drug and alcohol addiction and severe depression/suicidal behaviour. This past Monday I celebrated 1 year of continuous sobriety. Whatever situation your life is in, you can come out of it. However, not everyone is as lucky as I have been. Try to talk guys.

everyone has there problems. Only thing is the Irish don't like speaking About the feelings. I have cousins from the age of 4 to 11 that see shrinks cause there parents have spilt. Even there mothers go.

Hey anyone know where I could buy a small drinks fridge? Where'd be best value? Looking to buy a good one but not too expensive... Like between €50-100.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement