Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

FFS.

Sit through the first half of the United game. 1-0.

Dinner arrives. Go and eat it. Come back and it's 4-0. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »
    S1 was v well made but it felt like at some point 1/2 way thru the season they got renewed and stretched out the plot. The ending was a giant middle finger.

Bellik is great too. Brutally crass and honest about his selfish goals. Definitely recommend since it's all there immediately to watch.
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    to be honest they should have ended it after 2 seasons.

I've been re-watching it myself and season 3 is actually much better than I remember, the Sona backdrop was awesome as was it's various inmates. Lechero and Gretchen were great additions to the cast. And at only 13 episodes too, there wasn't much filler.

As for Bellick - love this guy. I really think this is who Bully Ray based his latest heel run on, cowardly selfish heel who is brutal at times but comes with hilarious moments thrown in for good measure. And they even both kinda look alike.

Can you tell that the writer of the show likes brunettes?! The endless conveyor belt of gorgeous brunettes who have been on the show, Sarah, Gretchen, Maricruz, Sofia, Veronica, the Nun prostitute, amazing talent :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I've been watching season 1 of Homeland this weekend. What a ****ing show. Anyone looking for a new show to watch check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Chelsea 2-1 down to Brentford in the cup. 15 mins left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,370 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Nando to the rescue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Current Fernando Torres is my fave player in the world.

Should have been a peno there, would have been a sickener for Brentford.

Rafael had one foot back on the dole queue there for a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

If I gave my opinion of that liverpool performance i'd be banned for the language i'd have to use.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    If I gave my opinion of that liverpool performance i'd be banned for the language i'd have to use.
    The magic of the Cup. :pac:

Rogers to blame here. Played four strikers and a team of lightweights and got bullied out of it.

Great stuff altogether.

Horrible day for betting. Three upsets :(

All on Ziggler now...

Watching Kill Bill vol.1 at the minute. That Gogo Yubari, am I right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Anyone kind enough to give a step by step guide to signing up a netflix account to a smansung smart tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

gimmick wrote: »
    Anyone kind enough to give a step by step guide to signing up a netflix account to a smansung smart tv?

Is the app already installed on the telly?

My advice is to create your account on a computer and then just sign in on the telly. If its downloading you need to go it may be in 'premium apps' etc.

As a side question to gimmck's - how does one get US Netflix? The Irish version sucks monkey bollix.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

CMpunked wrote: »
    Is the app already installed on the telly?

My advice is to create your account on a computer and then just sign in on the telly. If its downloading you need to go it may be in 'premium apps' etc.

Yes. But would I need to change settings in the TV or anything?

Pete, you need to get a proxy like overplay.com or Unblock-us.com and sign in through those I think.

As a side question to gimmck's - how does one get US Netflix? The Irish version sucks monkey bollix.

Unsure if boards allows that type of talk, on a completely unrelated note I downloaded this program onto my laptop called Spotflux and I find it quite useful.

Lads, I spotted something in Tesco today.

Something that brought back great memories of my childhood, but also memories of disappointment year after year.

Something I am going to make amends on and actually try and finish.

5195_Premier%20League%20Sticker%20Album2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Gareth Bale is truly the most Welsh looking man to ever walk the valleys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

You can wangle it for free if you can change the DNS settings. Easier on consoles methinks. YouTube search it looking for more recent vids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Lads, I spotted something in Tesco today.

Something that brought back great memories of my childhood, but also memories of disappointment year after year.

Something I am going to make amends on and actually try and finish.
    Going to cost you! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sticker book

dont do it..i got the album for euros in 2010 and it cost me a fortune to finish it :eek:

How much did it cost u in the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

How much did it cost u in the end?

Im afraid to work it out..ended up swapping with others on boards via post and then sent away for the last 40 stickers. Havent opened it since. Might be worth a few quid in the future. Would love to get it signed by a few Spansh players :D

I still have a few old Premier League sticker albums from the 90's, all completed, wonder how much they are worth today.

Also remember collecting WWF sticker albums, vaguely remember a blue album from around 1992.

How much does a pack of stickers cost these days?

The PL ones are 85c for a pack of 5 according to the book.

Never completed one myself. Twice, I came within ten stickers, but it being the days before I knew how to use the net, I didn't know how to get the last few :(

And how many stickers are there to collect in the album?

Bout 400.

Wow I forgot it was that many.

Ah those playground memories though -

Got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, got, NEEEEED!!!

And also the rich kid with about 400 doubles who one day got his entire double's bundle back-handed out of his hands. On a windy day.

The last time I collected stickers they were Pokemon ones, still remember asking my Dad to pick one up with a Connacht Tribune and Clare Champion.

So Balotelli is heading to Milan, quite a bad selection of haircuts in our frontline with him, Niang and El Shaarawy.

• Advertisement

Hahahaha...

Watching Castle. The main suspect has the exact same name as I do. Even spelled the same way, which is unusual cause usually the Americans don't have the "e" on the end of "Dunne".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Would the likes of B&Q do these: http://www.maplin.co.uk/dvi-d-to-hdmi-gender-changer-97444 I know they do (or did) HDMI etc but do they do adapters too?

It would be much handier than going to town or Blanch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Men I need a favour. I would like if ye would vote for my cousin in a baking competition she has entered.

Here is a small bit about the competition:Over 1000 entries were received from secondary schools all over the country and after much deliberation, Homecook® and Easy Food have selected their top 65 recipes. Homecook® now needs your help to find eight of the best secondary school bakers – the ones destined to run a bakery, write cookbooks or perhaps even become future celebrity bakers who will inspire home-cooks everywhere.

All you do is enter your email to vote. She is the third one down Chocolate and Raspberry Cake

I would be greatful if ye would help out.

http://www.homecookbakinggames.com/index.php?p=vote

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Could never finish sticker albums! I'd give up half way through when they'd be too hard to find (and when I'd realise it was costing too much)

Mother of divine jesus but liverpool are so bad i'm at a loss for words.

Mother of divine jesus but liverpool are so bad i'm at a loss for words.
    lol

I think Lucas is finished after all the injuries. Game completely passed him by.

Just saw the Chelsea score. Oh dear Rafa. :pac:

At least the Chelsea and City results give me solace. United were ****ing dreadful in the second half against S'Hampton.

Scared to face Real...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Looking like elton john, fleetwood mac and bruce springsteen in kilkenny in the summer! gonna be a good un!

• Advertisement

I voted Cena! best of luck to your cousin

I voted Cena! best of luck to your cousin

Thanks jay. Greatful for the vote.

At least the Chelsea and City results give me solace. United were ****ing dreadful in the second half against S'Hampton.

Scared to face Real...
    You`ll run away with the league(City have been woeful tbh) but that tie is 50:50. Madrid are in a bit of a state cause the dressing room have clearly turned their back on Jose, his idiotic decision to drop Casillas for Adan blew up in his face when they had to go & buy the dependable Diego Lopez when Iker got injured.
    cena wrote: »
    Men I need a favour. I would like if ye would vote for my cousin in a baking competition she has entered.
    Voted for her there if she doesn`t win lets all just blame Rafa.
    ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Digitalism wrote: »
    Looking like elton john, fleetwood mac and bruce springsteen in kilkenny in the summer! gonna be a good un!

Yea announcement due tomorrow morning :D

You`ll run away with the league(City have been woeful tbh) but that tie is 50:50. Madrid are in a bit of a state cause the dressing room have clearly turned their back on Jose, his idiotic decision to drop Casillas for Adan blew up in his face when they had to go & buy the dependable Diego Lopez when Iker got injured.

Voted for her there if she doesn`t win lets all just blame Rafa.
    ;)

Thank you. We can blame him if it fails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,607 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Going to see the Boss in Cork with all the family, expect me dad to make a nice show trying to rock bless him :p

Sheamus was on Conan last night on 3e, he came across funny with good banter between and Conan

• Advertisement

GTA 5 has been pushed back to September 17th. I knew there would be a delay and it wouldn't be released in the spring :(

Scared to face Real...
    Real have been sh*te all season and we have played well in big games this season.We can take them.

As long as Liam Mc Carthy isn't there in September.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

As long as Liam Mc Carthy isn't there in September.

yeahhh.....

good luck with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Good luck to your cousin Cena I just voted

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement