Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Just realised there was more than one ending to the Butterfly Effect. I had only ever seen the director's cut, and having just seen the others, I'm glad thats the one I seen. Easily the best of the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

there are a few arent there? which is the directors cut? is that when he goes into the womb and kills himself? is that a good film? i definitely remember enjoying it, but reading that sentence back, im not so sure.

D.Q wrote: »
    there are a few arent there? which is the directors cut? is that when he goes into the womb and kills himself? is that a good film? i definitely remember enjoying it, but reading that sentence back, im not so sure.

Thats the one. There are at least five endings from the looks of things, but the others are all fairly similar.

I think it's a deadly film. Easily the best film Ashton Kutcher has ever done.... not that it would be all that hard. I think Just Married was the only other good film he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

CMpunked wrote: »
    A whaddup needledicks? Feels like ive been away too long with eircom screwing my ass.

How are all the men? :D

Just read through a few pages and noticed Cena's.. eh.. issue. I apologise for the coarse choice of words.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Just read through a few pages and noticed Cena's.. eh.. issue. I apologise for the coarse choice of words.

When I read it I thought "thats a bit harsh" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ultra impressed with Juve tonite. Pirlo wasn't at his best but marcheezio(as Kerr calls him) stood up and Pogba is such a good option on the bench. If they had Cavani they'd win this tournament I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

I well let you away it this cmpunked. We well have to take it outside next time.:p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GTR63 wrote: »
    Ultra impressed with Juve tonite. Pirlo wasn't at his best but marcheezio(as Kerr calls him) stood up and Pogba is such a good option on the bench. If they had Cavani they'd win this tournament I reckon.

Had Corners over 10 and Juvi -2 (after they went 1-0 up). Two great nights in a row :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭glenjamin

They weren't that great, certainly not 3-0 great. Not a Celtic fan but they deserved something from the game tonight. Should have been awarded a couple of penalties based on the shoving and pushing from Juve defending corners. Even on a bad night Pirlo is still miles ahead of anyone. His vision and precision is amazing. Crazy that Milan allowed him to leave for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Juve were clinical. That's about it. Celtics application was admirable but they had little or no cutting edge in the final third and unless they scored from a set piece or hot a peno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

So as of today it is official - I'M GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA!!

WWE and my Job paying for everything again - now THAT'S a great start to a Wednesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I think PW boardsies will join me in saying congratulations, you bastard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now to come up with a very cunning plan to try and acquire those tickets from you...... HEY WHAT'S THAT OVER THERE?!?!?!

Can't remember the last time I was so excited for a game of football than I am with United vs Real tonight. And the build up is great. No moaning or bitching. Just two teams who can't wait to go at it, like Hogan and Warrior building up to a great match :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can't remember the last time I was so excited for a game of football than I am with United vs Real tonight. And the build up is great. No moaning or bitching. Just two teams who can't wait to go at it, like Hogan and Warrior building up to a great match :D

Me too, I'm really looking forward to tonight's game, so much so that I am convinced it will end up 0-0 and prob one of the dullest games I will watch this year.

That always happens when you build up a big game in your head! :o

Real big match feel to the day alright that I haven't had in a long time. Two proper big clubs, some of the best players in the woirld and the two best managers in the business. Not even Brock/Rock would be a bigger draw.:pac:

Think we can do them over the two legs?

Probably biased, but yes.

It worries me that the CL is obviously their main focus, and they've given up the league cause they want to do well. But I feel all the pressure is on Real tonight. The fact we went to City and Chelsea and got wins already makes me optimistic, and I hope we just go at them.

The minimum though is to keep them from building up a lead tonight. A draw of any sorts will suit us cause when they come to Old Trafford, I do think we can take them there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Backed the enhanced thing on Powers, Ronaldo and Real to win, its a bit of a mug bet, but heh if it cops, hookers on my single fellas tomorrow. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

So as of today it is official - I'M GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA!!

WWE and my Job paying for everything again - now THAT'S a great start to a Wednesday!

That's f'n brill. Hate to be nosey but I remember you mentioning your involvement with WWE in your organisation of the SSF charity night. Where do you work exactly?

• Advertisement

Danny F*CKING Welbeck!!!

I never get why players act like they ran over a cat with a lawnmower when they score against their old clubs. Not wanting an Adebayor level celebration but your not playing for them anymore.
    Brother just reminded me its Milan v Barca next week, hope it gets postponned indefinetly.

What a header though. Better even than Moscow 08.

Rafael is more Pancaro in Deportivo 04. (that one gave me legit nightmares)

He needs help, they should be doubling up on the likes of Ronaldo in those situations.

Pepe for Alonso?
    How disgusting.

• Advertisement

Rams is an awful yoke altogether. :pac:

The Bernebeu silenced and a job well done. Fergie got his selection spot on and as predicted when you let Madrid play in front of you they don't look great and were mainly reduced to pot shots. A bit disappointed not to win it with RVP's chance.

Taking off Di Maria made no sense when the opposition were sitting deep width is key. Think Madrid can score at Old Trafford on the counter which is their main strength but will conceed cause Mourinho has made no impact on this side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I forgot how much of a plonker dunphy is. My ma has more footballing knowledge than him.

Taking off Di Maria made no sense when the opposition were sitting deep width is key. Think Madrid can score at Old Trafford on the counter which is their main strength but will conceed cause Mourinho has made no impact on this side.
    Its a good result for Utd as they can afford not to throw players forward so limiting Madrid's ability to counter. If Madrid score early next day they'll go through as the game will open up.

• Advertisement

The minimum though is to keep them from building up a lead tonight. A draw of any sorts will suit us cause when they come to Old Trafford, I do think we can take them there.

More than happy with the 1-1 draw, though frustrated RVP fluffed the shot at bringing the wincast in. (Did cover myself with Over 19 corners at halftime though, so still walked out with profit today, even if it was a small one).

Think we can definitely take them now. Welbeck, Kagawa and De Gea had fantastic games. Shame the ref was poor...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

T Think Madrid can score at Old Trafford on the counter which is their main strength but will conceed cause Mourinho has made no impact on this side.
    Ah now, Madrids main playing style is a crowded midfield which pushes up very high, with constant pressure, basically pinning the opposition into their own box. Its very direct. Counter attacking is not their main strength, Chelsea are a counter attacking team.

United coped decently with it tonight, and should get through in 3 weeks time, but its not over yet. Dunphy saying neither team would win the CL is laughable. How is a pundit, who is an ex pro have the blinkers on constantly? The people who post here or in the soccer forum seem to know more about football than him and hes an apparent "footballing expert" :P

Giles isnt much better either. Get Didi or Ossie Ardiles back! :pac:

Digitalism wrote: »
    Ah now, Madrids main playing style is a crowded midfield which pushes up very high, with constant pressure, basically pinning the opposition into their own box. Its very direct. Counter attacking is not their main strength, Chelsea are a counter attacking team.
    Don't agree with the at all. Madrid won the league last season by eviscerating teams on the counter. They mastered he art of transferring the ball from box tobox at lightening speed. They've struggled this year when teams deny them this space and prevent the breakaway. The same was true tonight, Fergie got it spot on tactically.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Don't agree with the at all. Madrid won the league last season by eviscerating teams on the counter. They mastered he art of transferring the ball from box tobox at lightening speed. They've struggled this year when teams deny them this space and prevent the breakaway. The same was true tonight, Fergie got it spot on tactically.

Well ive watched them play in la liga a fair bit, and most of the time where they are successful, is by crowding out the midfield and pinning teams into their own box and opening up space by intricate wing play and passing around the D for the wingers to get the ball and cut inside/cross, or for short passing into feet. Sure they do counter attacking football also (what top team nowadays doesnt do that), but its not their main strength.

Its easy to "eviscerate" scrub defences in the bottom half of la liga with counter attacks with the pacey forwards like real have, but united tonight, and the better la liga teams show that can be nullified, so Real usually go back to their stronger play style of passing it around and crowding/pressing up front, but that style is less exciting and more patient. Thats where they do the most damage against the better teams though IMO.

Of course, this is all my opinion though! :p

But hey, I dont wanna get into a tactics argument, I do enough of that during work :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Madrid seemed to become frustrated as the game wore on. For all their possession they couldn't create too many clear cut chances. De Gea in fairness dealt well with anything they did create.

I'd still fancy them to get through, I've a feeling their class will prevail in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

What a game last night! Fergie got everything spot on! Few outstanding performances, DDG, Wellbeck and RVP especially!!

sorry for the delay in reply to this but...
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    That's f'n brill. Hate to be nosey but I remember you mentioning your involvement with WWE in your organisation of the SSF charity night. Where do you work exactly?

I work for a mobile services company and we are partners with WWE. We have the contract to sell WWE sh!te via mobile, and I am the first point of contact with everything WWE. And I run the WWE Mobile UK & Ireland FB page!

So the blade runner apparently shot his girlfriend on Valentine's Day, a very sad story that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Bernebeu silenced and a job well done. Fergie got his selection spot on and as predicted when you let Madrid play in front of you they don't look great and were mainly reduced to pot shots. A bit disappointed not to win it with RVP's chance.

Yes, because that is a very difficult thing to do.
    What a game last night! Fergie got everything spot on! Few outstanding performances, DDG, Wellbeck and RVP especially!!

Apparently he asked Tony Pulis his opinions on utter dirt football and how to look for set pieces as a way of scoring.

Manyoo last night = Stoke with RVP.
    So the blade runner apparently shot his girlfriend on Valentine's Day, a very sad story that.

Not quite the story it was at 8am this morning when it looked like he thought it was a burglary. Beginning to look a bit grim for Pistorious. Regardless, a pretty smoking hot lady is dead completely needlessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Happy Greg's Day

greg+the+hammer+valentine.jpg

• Advertisement

Wow just noticed that Greg Valentine looks like Bobby the Brain and HHH had a kid together.
    Vintage Liverpool miss a fair few chances then conceed 2 quickly back to back. After Monday it felt so predictable.

Predict the lol headlines for LFC's latest shambles.

Valentines Day Massacre?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yes because losing 2-0 away to Zenit with a team like pools is such lol worthy.

Tinie wrote: »
    Yes because losing 2-0 away to Zenit with a team like pools is such lol worthy.
    Pretty much everything they do under David Brent these days is lol worthy tbf. 41 games under him and haven't beaten one decent side yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Predict the lol headlines for LFC's latest shambles.

Valentines Day Massacre?

From Russia with Love?

These videos are scary...

500 injuries according to Sky News

I hear Brenton Rodgers described their 2-0 loss as "near-perfect". Never thought theyd actually find a manager more deluded than large portions of their support base. :pac:

I hear Brenton Rodgers described their 2-0 loss as "near-perfect". Never thought theyd actually find a manager more deluded than large portions of their support base. :pac:

If we took the chances we had we'd have won the tie but Suarez wasn't scoring which meant we weren't scoring.
    As for the comment on beating a good team even if we beat Chelsea, City or Arsenal we still wouldn't of beaten a good team.

If we took the chances we had we'd have won the tie but Suarez wasn't scoring which meant we weren't scoring.
    As for the comment on beating a good team even if we beat Chelsea, City or Arsenal we still wouldn't of beaten a good team.
    Well then they're in an even worse mess than I thought!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Re: meteors and asteroids

It's amazing stuff like that doesn't happen more often. There's a massive forest in Siberia or somewhere that was wiped out by a meteor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement