Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Also may be time to make a "LOL Liverpool" spinoff thread :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Sub Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ask for it in forum requests. See how far it gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Might be the only thing dumber than the Doping thread in the Soccer forum which descended into the "Oh Barcelona or Spain are clearly on it" thread, certainly no shortage of dopes over there anyway.

I'll be straight with ye: meant a thread similar to the TV shows thread here. It does get a bit repetitive at times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, I'm on a crazy run of good luck right now, in terms of football bets. Put €5 on my PP account on Monday, and now have €75.

Monday - Backed West Brom Double chance. €5 returned €15
    Tuesday - Celtic vs Juvi; backed 10 corners (€7.50 returned €15) and Juvi -1 (€2.50 returned €10)
    Wednesday - United vs Real; lost €5 on RVP Wincast, but an inplay corners bet of €5 returned €11, meaning that was a profitable night.
    Thursday - Pool's game gave me a corners bet win (€5 returned €10), followed by a Bale wincast (€5 returned €20)
    Friday - Balotelli wincast prediction of €7 returned €23

5 days, five nights of profit. Maybe I'm getting better at deciding what bets to follow on the tips board, but this is the best streak I've been on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

So, I'm on a crazy run of good luck right now, in terms of football bets. Put €5 on my PP account on Monday, and now have €75.

Monday - Backed West Brom Double chance. €5 returned €15
    Tuesday - Celtic vs Juvi; backed 10 corners (€7.50 returned €15) and Juvi -1 (€2.50 returned €10)
    Wednesday - United vs Real; lost €5 on RVP Wincast, but an inplay corners bet of €5 returned €11, meaning that was a profitable night.
    Thursday - Pool's game gave me a corners bet win (€5 returned €10), followed by a Bale wincast (€5 returned €20)
    Friday - Balotelli wincast prediction of €7 returned €23

5 days, five nights of profit. Maybe I'm getting better at deciding what bets to follow on the tips board, but this is the best streak I've been on :D

Good work but withdraw half it now because a losing run is always around the corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Know there's probably a DVD thread but was in town earlier and Dealz on Henry St have a few WWE DVDs. All are €1.49.

Best of Raw Vol.1
    Eve of Destruction
    Best of Survivor Series 87-97

Had the lot on VHS. Nothing too mind blowing comparable to most WWE DVDs but for less than a fiver ya can't go wrong. A great buy to maybe introduce nieces or nephews to some attitude era goodness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

:(

bdqf0gcqaa1czg.jpgBDQ-f0GCQAA1Czg.jpg:large
    bdqf0gcqaa1czg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

if it's still working buy a case for it

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    if it's still working buy a case for it
    Nope won't turn back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Does anyone know how to change Boards back to the old, classic skin?

glenjamin wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to change Boards back to the old, classic skin?
    go into the user cp then into edit options and it is at the bottom of the page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I feel very safe in the knowledge that I never "sold out" and remained with the original skin always.

Swansea can go **** themselves.

Swansea can go **** themselves.
    The very definition of a gimme three points.

Anyone know why Apple have changed the style of their offical headphones?

Have been getting them in Argos for years now, but went in to pick up a set and they've changed the shape of them. The old ones don't seem to be available anywhere now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

See that some media are saying Blade Runner suffered a roid rage attack. How long before Benoit's name comes up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Charisteas wrote: »
    See that some media are saying Blade Runner suffered a roid rage attack. How long before Benoit's name comes up?

I think I heard someone text it in to the ray darcy show today but Im not sure

Anyone know why Apple have changed the style of their offical headphones?

Have been getting them in Argos for years now, but went in to pick up a set and they've changed the shape of them. The old ones don't seem to be available anywhere now :(

They changed the shape to make it more in the shape of your ear. The were charging 40 in HMV iirc for them which was fair steep I think.

• Advertisement

Does EVERYBODY in Donegal wear a replica jersey.

Got in the door and there were 4 people in Donegal jerseys. Picked a bad month to go dry.

Galway is going to be fun this week alright the oblig thread about it is picking up in the Galway City forum

I suggest fairy up liquid and a water cannon for them and just have a foam party in the square :p

What exactly does Donegal Day involve?

GTR63 wrote: »
    They changed the shape to make it more in the shape of your ear. The were charging 40 in HMV iirc for them which was fair steep I think.

They used to be €35 in Argos, but I never mind paying cause they worked for far, far longer than a cheaper pair, AND the remote is brilliant :D

Why do they have to change everything though.

What exactly does Donegal Day involve?

wearing a Donegal Jersey or other GAA jersey and getting langered

wearing a Donegal Jersey or other GAA jersey and getting langered
    Sounds like Sundays between June and early September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

anyone know if adverts free to put an ad on

cena wrote: »
    anyone know if adverts free to put an ad on

Yeah you can put an ad up for free but can only bump up the ad every 30 days.

• Advertisement

Highly recommend Adverts.ie.

It's not only free but so quick and easy to put something for sale.

Compared to ebay which takes about an hour to list something, then you got seller costs, percentage of the final value selling fee, and paypal fees.

That is good to know. I really need to sell this ds 3d

How much you looking for it?

glenjamin wrote: »
    How much you looking for it?

150. But it is American ds. Region locked

Anyone looking forward to the probable PS4 reveal tonite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Meh I'll be sticking with my Xbox for a few more years. Don't have enough time to play many games as it is so not dropping €400+ on a new console next year.

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    Highly recommend Adverts.ie.

It's not only free but so quick and easy to put something for sale.

Compared to ebay which takes about an hour to list something, then you got seller costs, percentage of the final value selling fee, and paypal fees.

Was going to ask about this, cause I'm in the middle of developing something I want to sell.

My main worry with Adverts is the size of the audience and how easy it is to sell something. At least Ebay has a massive global consumer base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Tinie wrote: »
    Meh I'll be sticking with my Xbox for a few more years. Don't have enough time to play many games as it is so not dropping €400+ on a new console next year.

Same deal here but with Playstation. I dont use it enough to warrent that kind of money. GTA V is on PS3 so that will do me until GTA IV, or whatever follows RDR/LA Noire. Those are the only games that would push me to buy one so I think I'm safe for a while.

Ps4?

Moar liek Netflix Device 2!

No, seriously, that's all I use my PS3 for nowadays.

Was going to ask about this, cause I'm in the middle of developing something I want to sell.

My main worry with Adverts is the size of the audience and how easy it is to sell something. At least Ebay has a massive global consumer base.

Yeah ebay has a worldwide consumer base which is perfect if your developing something in mass production. But for general household items such as books, dvd's, can't go far wrong with adverts.

If you're developing a single product, you could always try and sell your product for free on adverts listing the minimum selling price you're willing to sell at, and if no luck after a certain time frame, stick it on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'll be watching the Sony conference. No intention of buying one anytime in the next couple of years, but will still watch.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'll be watching the Sony conference. No intention of buying one anytime in the next couple of years, but will still watch.

I'm interested in the power and new IP's. I ain't getting it near launch unless our sheep start having golden lambs I won't getting a Xbox or PS near launch. Still a bomb of 360 games to play and my backlog is SCANDALOUS.
    Milan keeping Barca out, don't get why Niang isn't playing.

Puyol looks like one of D'Unbelieveables with the bandage on his head.

Meelan doing well so far.

Edit: lol 2-0. Muntari the mutt scores!

I'd say gtr came all over himself for the first time since the Leinster Final.

I'd say gtr came all over himself for the first time since the Leinster Final.

I'm only after removing myself from my roof.
    But as a smarmy fan Barca should know better than underestemate Milan after what happened them nearly 20 years ago.

Kinda hope we get knocked out tonite. I just hate the europa league even its tune is kinda gack. The only actually good team that could up its status then is out (Athletico). The rest is a graveyard of teams that used to be good like Inter, Lyon or Ajax.

Nobody will care about winning the Europa League until they change it so the winner receives a Champion's League spot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, as it stands nobody really gives a toss about the Cup Winner's Cup (if that's even what it's still called).

Edit: Super Cup, that's the one I was thinking of.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just back from Moulin Rouge and what can I say, it was quality and different. We were probably the youngest couple there but really enjoyed it and don't think we will ever forget it.

Would recommend it to others though yes it is pricey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone see the new die hard yet? I enjoyed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Anyone see the new die hard yet? I enjoyed it

Not a classic but does what it says on the tin good fun,Willis didn't look arsed though haha

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement