Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ibfiSe4T51zeRm.gif

iba7U4RKcJC3Zs.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Galway are the jobbers of the football world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Galway are the jobbers of the football world.

Pfffft who can even watch the garbage that is football nowdays. As entertainment its up there with scraping paint off a rusty door and half them can`t even kick a football 10 yards.

I assume by TSC post that Harry got beaten again, that pleases me. :)

I dunno. Could watch a football match any day. From what I watch this is the order of excitement:
    1. Hurling
    2. Rugby
    3. Football
    4. Soccer

I dunno. Could watch a football match any day. From what I watch this is the order of excitement:
    1. Hurling
    2. Rugby
    3. Football
    4. Soccer

I used to like it a few years ago but its been woeful for a few years now negative tactics where teams just play deep knowing the opposition just cannot score from distance be it by hand or from the ground. They can run around a lot though fair play to them and handpass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Running around O Connell Street at 1am with an El Generico mask hammered on Buckfast is an interesting way to spend my birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Running around O Connell Street at 1am with an El Generico mask hammered on Buckfast is an interesting way to spend my birthday!

Ha! Brilliant. Happy Birthday

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yep happy Birthday to El Generico the Crab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

brother-wwe-wresting-birthday-card-with-badge-5210-p.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Happy Birthday tbc.

El Plastico = boring so far.

Cheers lads, I have to find out who took photos, alot of bemused onlookers, staff at the Spar were in hysterics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

OLE! Happy birthday thebostoncrab! suit and generico mask, awesome

Anyone know a good fly half?
    Fu<king hopeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

GTR63 wrote: »
    Fu<king hopeless.

Ian madigan and Ian keatley bad selections have made sure they are not near the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Cheers lads, I have to find out who took photos, alot of bemused onlookers, staff at the Spar were in hysterics!

which Spar. I know both store owners and will ask them for their camera footage. What time was it roughly?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Fu<king hopeless.

Not sure what ROG was at, but I wouldn't be tough on Jackson. He is only a Kid in Rugby terms. Not sure what Kidney was expecting from him but I hope he was expecting his to be as accomplished as Farrell is for England, he is a freak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Birthday

They should put you in a Spar ad :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday

They should put you in a Spar ad :p

Spar contract on a pole match for Mania, thebostoncrab vs -

fergspar.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Slow in work so on a 3 day week...gets pretty boring pretty quick doesnt it :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

which Spar. I know both store owners and will ask them for their camera footage. What time was it roughly?
    2278965-op-will-surely-deliver-lets-just-wait_super.jpg

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    2278965-op-will-surely-deliver-lets-just-wait_super.jpg

That's the same guy who is waiting for Lesnar vs Undertaker at Mania.

Screamers all over the place in the premier league this weekend...

idZxnlXZwOjad.gif

The one that has a Subway at the back, big big one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

The one that has a Subway at the back, big big one!

Not to ruin the dream of TBC VS Fergal from Spar but, isn't that a Londis?

Not to ruin the dream of TBC VS Fergal from Spar but, isn't that a Londis?

Is it? Two bottles of Buckfast makes all the shops blend into one!

Barca murdered at home. Love it. You don't often see that. Hopefully the media overhype Madrid ahead of the Utd game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The ****in car overheated on the way to school this morning, and I had a hitch-hiker with me.

Didn't watch the clasico, I barely go out of my way to watch football much anymore. But thats 3 pretty sorry performances from Barca on the trot. Don't get why Villa doesn't start for them, Messi is the only goal threat when teams sit deep and they have all that possession.
    Can't see it lasting another fortnite though :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The ****in car overheated on the way to school this morning, and I had a hitch-hiker with me.

Coincidence? Did the hitch-hiker then try to kill you?

ROFL Benitez has gone mental again. :pac:
    @henrywinter: Benitez on #cfc fans: "They are wasting time with their banners and songs. They don't need to worry about me. I leave at end of the season'

@henrywinter: Benitez fuming in press conference here: "These Chelsea fans have an agenda. These Chelsea fans are damaging the image of the club' #cfc

@henrywinter: Benitez: "I'm experienced. I've won the Champions League, the Spanish league twice, the FA Cup. They (fans) are a group with an agenda''

@henrywinter: Benitez says #cfc fans 'must get behind the team or they will be in the Europa League next season'

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter
    Well that was lively. Benitez has left press-room. He's slaughtered #cfc fans, criticised board. Interesting to see how long he lasts now

• Advertisement

They would want to stop with the 16th minute clapping thing its tragic and only makes me laugh. If they had balls they'd hit out at the owner who sacked him. They won a Champions League and it quickly got shown up as being a fluke. No matter who they got I doubt they could challenge for anything when they clearly want rid of Lampard and Terry while also persisting with Torres who isn't even a shadow of what he was.

They would want to stop with the 16th minute clapping thing its tragic and only makes me laugh. If they had balls they'd hit out at the owner who sacked him. They won a Champions League and it quickly got shown up as being a fluke. No matter who they got I doubt they could challenge for anything when they clearly want rid of Lampard and Terry while also persisting with Torres who isn't even a shadow of what he was.
    Its just a hilarious situation all round, watching a shambles of a club run itself into the ground, while Benitez suffers another meltdown and blames all round him for his own shortcomings and his LFC supporting disciples salivate over him like lovesick puppies. A match made in heaven.

Its just a hilarious situation all round, watching a shambles of a club run itself into the ground, while Benitez suffers another meltdown and blames all round him for his own shortcomings and his LFC supporting disciples salivate over him like lovesick puppies. A match made in heaven.

Tbf not everything that is going on at Chelsea is just his fault. They`d be fine if they kept Ancelloti or got in somebody who is used to having stuff like Transfers, Contracts and team selection taken out of his hands.
    Even if they managed to get Simeone, Pellegrini or Conte it`d eventually all end in tears. Forget about Mourinho he left Inter in such a utter mess.

Tbf not everything that is going on at Chelsea is just his fault. They`d be fine if they kept Ancelloti or got in somebody who is used to having stuff like Transfers, Contracts and team selection taken out of his hands.
    Even if they managed to get Simeone, Pellegrini or Conte it`d eventually all end in tears. Forget about Mourinho he left Inter in such a utter mess.

As I said its a laughable situation all round.

When you're being tactically outmanoeuvered by the like of Sam Allardyve though alarm bells start to ring. He will struggle to get a decent jon now i think and his rant tonight will maker owners even more reluctant.

I was thinking of buying a Snes recently because I loved it as a kid but instead I came across this brilliant website that lets you play Snes games for free without downloading anything.

Not sure if its a well known site or not but heres the website

http://snesbox.com/

Mario world and All stars brings back some memories.

A flash based emulator?

Awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

This is horrible, it's getting all the games I wanted to play on the SNES but couldn't at the same time. ASTERIX & OBELIX. EARTHBOUND. JOE & MAC 2. A DOZEN OR SO RPGS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

ROFL Benitez has gone mental again. :pac:
    He's spot on. He's done a crap job from a Chelsea point of view (a great one from an Arsenal point :D) but a lot of their fans refused to even give him a chance to do anything before deciding he should be sacked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Isn't that sort of how football works though? Team doing poorly? SACK THE MANAGER NOW! If clubs followed their fans advice on managers, it'd be a wonder most survived more than a few months :pac:

• Advertisement

Lads i`m fairly sh*t when it comes to PC tech but would it be safe if I turn off Windows updates. In the last 2 days whenever i`ve switched off my laptop the updates have taken forever to install(5-8hrs). Its REALLY pissing me off at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I've never turned that on and it runs great. Make sure you've good antivirus (I use the free Microsoft security one from ninite.com) and scan for viruses using malwarebytes, never looked back. Drop windows updates like a bad case of the clap!

Its just that is says Not Recommended had me worried I use Norton antivirus so that should keep me covered. It was so fn annoying. :mad:
    Another question this time about that Snes site could I use a 360 controller or my idle Street Fighter Gamepad to play those games?
    Keyboard is a bitch for ISS.

Its just that is says Not Recommended had me worried I use Norton antivirus so that should keep me covered. It was so fn annoying. :mad:
    Another question this time about that Snes site could I use a 360 controller or my idle Street Fighter Gamepad to play those games?
    Keyboard is a bitch for ISS.

Yeah mate.

I'm using my wired xbox controller.

I was delighted when I found out I could use it because I hate using my keyboard for any type of game.

Guess Liverpool aren't that bad after all, despite what this thread might tell ya.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Guess Liverpool aren't that bad after all, despite what this thread might tell ya.

I don't believe you.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

shhhh you'll ruin the tiresome "LOL LIVERPOOL XD" circle jerk in this thread from a couple of posters.

Aye I was getting to that myself Digitalism.

Just a favour guys: I know it's fun to LOL at Liverpool doing badly, especially if you're a United fan, but it makes horrible reading for everybody else, especially considering that's all they do over in the soccer forum. It just doesn't really mix with the easy-going vibe around here (I know I sound like a stupid stoner there). It's just a pet peeve of mine as football brings out the worst in people I know IRL too.

Buzz_Killington.jpg

:P

I honestly believe that Liverpool, both as a team and a fanbase, have a habit of bringing a lot of the problems on themselves, be it with the way they handled the Evra situation or the fact a lot of fans seem to delude themselves constantly into thinking "This is our year" or constantly posting ABU comments in match threads when ever anything goes even slightly wrong. If Liverpool fans kept their heads down a bit more on the soccer forum and didn't make such easy targets of themselves constantly, there'd be far less problems imo...

I'll be positive though; PP had an enhanced treble of United, City and Pool to win, so provided City don't muck up against Villa, Pool have helped me on to my biggest win ever in betting :)

But do they go mental ITT? I agree they bring a load of abuse on themselves over there and in general but it's very one-sided over this side.

Probably cause there's a fair few United fans over here. Of course there's some level of bias. Sure if there was multiple Pool fans and no United fans, roles would be reversed...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement