Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Am I going mental or did this exact same topic come up here last year too!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Probably! I miss American wings!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have a load of chicken dippers ready for tonight :D I don't like close to any takeaways, so I have to stock up before hand.

Anyone else take great pleasure in hipster flavour of the month teams like Dortmund getting bet

Edit:lol @me. 2-2 now!

Double edit:3-2!

They have me to thank for that:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Anyone else take great pleasure in hipster flavour of the month teams like Dortmund getting bet

Edit:lol @me. 2-2 now!

Double edit:3-2!

They have me to thank for that:pac:

Class bah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

I have an eBay buyer that only wants to through the bank. They say there is something wrong with there PayPal account.

I'm not sure what to do. Should I let them pay through the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

cena wrote: »
    I have an eBay buyer that only wants to through the bank. They say there is something wrong with there PayPal account.

I wouldn't if I were you. You'd have to give your bank details to him. Sounds like a scam. Does his feedback section seem legit?

Penn wrote: »
    I wouldn't if I were you. You'd have to give your bank details to him. Sounds like a scam. Does his feedback section seem legit?

It seems ok. He last feedback was 2007.

Still wouldn't give anyone my bank details online. Surely his Papal issues won't last more than a day or two?

Still wouldn't give anyone my bank details online. Surely his Papal issues won't last more than a day or two?

I have asked them to pay through western union but he says only through bank only. They ain't getting my details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Possibly an unused account that was hacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They can send you payment in the post by draft or order

They are living in the states. So post order would take awhile to get here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If he cannot use paypal tell him hop it. He should have sorted that pre bidding.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Always fun to have the Gardai at your door. Not that I want to go into why, but having a really ***** day right now, and only going to get worse. I've done nothing wrong, mind. But been told that as bad as today is, tomorrow could get a whole lot worse :(

gimmick wrote: »
    If he cannot use paypal tell him hop it. He should have sorted that pre bidding.

I thought that. Why win the bid if they can't use PayPal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I thought that. Why win the bid if they can't use PayPal

You should have set the buyer requirements when listing the item, that they needed to have a paypal account to bid. I always set it.

Tinie wrote: »
    You should have set the buyer requirements when listing the item, that they needed to have a paypal account to bid. I always set it.

How do you do this?

The amount of times Ive sold something on ebay and then the person that won the auction sends me a message after "I don't have paypal" :mad:

How do you do this?

The amount of times Ive sold something on ebay and then the person that won the auction sends me a message after "I don't have paypal" :mad:

Its near the bottom when making the listing, just above or after the postage amount section.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »

I had PayPal set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

DO NOT guve yer bank deets. No paypal = sly dog.

Hope all turns out OK tsc.

I don't think I was ever meant to stumble upon Takeshi's Castle. This can only end in a rehab stint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Got sick for the first time in easily ten years today. Nowhere near as bad as it was when I was a kid. Not even an aftertaste which I was dreading.
    I don't think I was ever meant to stumble upon Takeshi's Castle. This can only end in a rehab stint.

It's class, isnt it? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Takeshi's Castle is amazing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Genuinely something I think anybody could watch for days on end. Was it the inspiration for Wipeout?

blast from the past there. remember watching takeshis castle back around 2000/01 on sky with the bro. good memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

OK I officially hate the bog! Footing turf is a punishment in my mind, and every summer I do it for my family and I hate it so much!!!

I have relisted the item again on ebay.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm awful with computers.

Does anyone know how you embed a tweet from twitter in a post on here so the actual tweet shows up in your post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭glenjamin

After much deliberation I decided on adopting Jake. He's 5 years old, having spent the last 4 of them in Ash Animal Rescue. He's a beautiful, friendly dog, who deserves a second chance. And my thought was if I didn't adopt him, no one would.

482830_502231393172144_1686652596_n.jpg

He's been a bit of a handful since I got him. He follows me everywhere, wagging his tail, which I love. However he's not the best with strangers, so I have to keep him close at all times when taking him for a walk. Once you get to know him he's very friendly and playful. He snores like a pig though :p

*Sorry about the giant pic. No idea how to make it smaller.

Really cute dog, hope you have many happy years together :)

• Advertisement

Always fun to have the Gardai at your door. Not that I want to go into why, but having a really ***** day right now, and only going to get worse. I've done nothing wrong, mind. But been told that as bad as today is, tomorrow could get a whole lot worse :(

Hope everything ok man. Chin up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Genuinely something I think anybody could watch for days on end. Was it the inspiration for Wipeout?

No way?! Are you watching the classic one with craig charles or the horrendous rehash they have done with two wasters?

Does anyone know how you embed a tweet from twitter in a post on here so the actual tweet shows up in your post?

I had a look around for you and I don't think it's possible to do so on boards.ie. You could always just copy-pasta the text and the link. Print-screening/cropping/uploading is far too much work.

CMpunked wrote: »
    No way?! Are you watching the classic one with craig charles or the horrendous rehash they have done with two wasters?
    Those were my thoughts too when I watched it recently and wondered where the hell Charles' voice was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Saw oblivion today and I'm not saying it was bad put i'm finding it tough forming an opinion on it,Interesting one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

EdK wrote: »
    Saw oblivion today and I'm not saying it was bad put i'm finding it tough forming an opinion on it,Interesting one

I was like that when I saw Jumper in the cinema. Had no opinion on the film. It just was.

Some people just annoy me when they try and go on a power trip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Some people just annoy me when they try and go on a power trip

Yeah, its pretty ridiculous.

Other when its these guys.

-The-two-Man-Power-Trip---Stone-Cold--Steve-Austin-and--The-Game--HHH_display_image.jpg?1296968258

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I sold 10 separate DVDs on ebay last week and haven't got paid for 4 of them.

Ridiculous that you cant leave bad feedback for buyers :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Ridiculous that you cant leave bad feedback for buyers :mad:

I thought the rule was that you can't leave bad feedback if the buyer has paid?

If he hasn't paid, you should be able to leave bad feedback and also lodge a complaint. Unless the rule has changed again?

To be honest selling stuff on ebay has become more hassle then it's worth for me now. You got listing fees, selling fees, paypal fees. I reckon it's better to use adverts.ie. But when using adverts, always list the item for a slightly higher price than you're willing to accept, because people always offer lower than the asking price.

I got neg feedback once on eBay as a buyer. Reason - I had not received the DVD I bought after about a month. Your man negs me with "buyer refused to accept registered mail", which was bullshít. I went in and looked at all this dicks feedback, and every single neg he had, and there were a lot, he complained the same thing. I was new to eBay at the time so thats why I bought off him.

Another eBay phenomenon which has pissed me off no end in recent years is sellers who do not leave feedback until you do so for them. So, as a buyer, I do not leave feedback, regardless of how well the transaction went, unless the seller does so first. Petty maybe but I have completed my part of the bargain first. I know put a note to seller on every purchase saying "I will not leave feedback for you unless you do so for me first." Works sometimes, others not.

I tried to leave Neg feedback and the only option it gives me is to leave positive feedback.

Adverts is great with no fees etc but if you put up a €50 note for sale on adverts you'd get someone offering €20 for it.

But as Charisteas said always put it up for sale for a bit more than what you are actually looking for.

I always find it hard to sell wrestling DVDs on adverts also. Mustn't be too many wrestling fans registered on the site :P

Don't know does it still exist, but UKFF.com is great for selling wrestling DVDs. Sold loads over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

If you're ever looking to sell on some wrestling dvds, give me a shout as I collect them from pretty much all promotions. Must throw up some pictures of my collection some time.

Ill fire you a PM over the weekend. I have some Noah, Chikara, ROH, IWA:MS, PWG and of course some WWE originals I want to move on.

I have a few "ROH - Straight shootin" DVDs to get rid of. If anyones interested shoot us a PM. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Hi folks,

Any chance people that have Instagram could give the following linked photo a "like" on it?

I'm not even joking when I say it's for a college project :)

It has a wrestling theme too for those interested :|

Thanks if you can!!

Instagram Photo

Lads I'm heading to belfast in June, do ye know any sites i can have a look-see for events/gigs going on that month? http://wikitravel.org/en/Belfast is kinda generic and I didn't see anything on eventful.com that caught my eye. Even just general great things to see there.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Lads I'm heading to belfast in June, do ye know any sites i can have a look-see for events/gigs going on that month? http://wikitravel.org/en/Belfast is kinda generic and I didn't see anything on eventful.com that caught my eye. Even just general great things to see there.

http://www.songkick.com/

Thats the site to use man, I use it all the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement