Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll just never forgive those X Factor folks for inflicting Jedward on the nation, as well as One Direction. Mostly Jedward though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Its count down to Christmas once the xfactor starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I just can't see Kerry winning tomorrow. I know anything can happen in sport etc but they just don't have the legs anymore and Dublin are going in under the radar a bit considering Mayo have stolen the headlines.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd kind of like to see Mayo win the All-Ireland. If they lost in the final again, I think I'd have preferred to lose the semi rather than finish second again.

Anybody but Dublin for me. Mayo do deserve it though, provided they haven't pissed off any aul wans at a graveyard recently.

Anybody but Dublin for me. Mayo do deserve it though, provided they haven't pissed off any aul wans at a graveyard recently.

I feel the exact same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Hope the Dubs win tomorrow.. Mayo/Dublin final I'd be torn..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I just can't see Kerry winning tomorrow. I know anything can happen in sport etc but they just don't have the legs anymore and Dublin are going in under the radar a bit considering Mayo have stolen the headlines.

Kerry were past their best two years go when they lost the final. Hope Mayo win it they have earned it after all the false dawns.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I liked Pain & Gain and do think The Rock is getting really good as an actor and not just as an action hero actor though obviously action and comedy do come pretty naturally to him. Scary though to think it is a true story, a fact that they are only too happy to hit home too. I liked seing stupid characters lead a movie in a non stereotypical comedy way though, was different.

In other news having only just spotted this and after pimping it in the Arsenal thread on the soccer forum cos he used to play for them, my mate Shane (Tracy) is in the running to get on the cover of the Irish Fifa 14 with Messi, folks can vote here if they are bothered http://extratime.ie/promotion/fifa14-cover-promotion/ literally takes 10secs and just 1 click to do so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Lads anyone know ifits possible to get GAA streams on the phone? Like does RTE player show live games or anything? BTW, UP THE DUBS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Deary me..

If they're not taking advantage of some simpleton, they're telling some spotty faced council estate chav **** how talented they are because they can 'sing' - impersonate Maria Carey. Yeah, sing can you? You and a million other people in Britain. Big f*cking deal.

Thought it's coolness factor was somewhere between Big Brother and Bebo nowadays..

Now, off to ride Mrs O'Reilly/ Back to Total Divas....

Well, I wouldn't consider myself a barometer on what's cool or not :pac:

Tbh, I get all the criticisms and they are all right. Not going to argue it's some bastion of the music industry, a forming light of this generation.

But it's a great family fun show, at least for me. Three of us sat down for the hour and a half and thoroughly enjoyed it. Won't be buying any of their music, but I find it's good entertainment for a while, much as how wrestling is.

Which reminds me. Time to link to something I wrote a few years back.

http://zeroexpectation.com/a-salute-to-simon-cowell-and-his-main-stream-pro-wrestling-show/

Dancor wrote: »
    Lads anyone know ifits possible to get GAA streams on the phone? Like does RTE player show live games or anything? BTW, UP THE DUBS.

Have you ever googled Aertv? I don't know what it is but I have a feeling you might like it.

Ya rte do show the gaa through there rte player app.

Won my bet of Mayo and Dublin to win +3 points but still disappointed at how bad Kerry were at the back. Might be worth putting a few bob on Diarmuid and the knacks if Mayo are faves.

Won my bet of Mayo and Dublin to win +3 points but still disappointed at how bad Kerry were at the back. Might be worth putting a few bob on Diarmuid and the knacks if Mayo are faves.

Dublin were always going to win it, Kerry as I said on Friday are well past it nowdays(yeah they made it to the semi`s but there are fúck all good teams nowdays so its not that hard).
    Didn`t watch it I watched another premier league "Super Sunday".

Was actually watching the Kerry game on a tiny screen in a pub where nobody else was thanks to a lovely barmaid. Both games made me ashamed to claim to have an interest in soccer. Dull is not the word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Up the Dubs!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

ITS LIVERPOOLS YEAR

Was delighted for Liverpool alright. Rodgers deserves a good chance and hopefully that United result will cut him some slack for when results eventually dip. Would love to see them get 4th.

• Advertisement

Was delighted for Liverpool alright. Rodgers deserves a good chance and hopefully that United result will cut him some slack for when results eventually dip. Would love to see them get 4th.

Its The Rodgers now ;)
    Twas 2 rubbish games but I was delighted with the win & glad Arsenal beat Spurs. Not looking forward to the dopey transfer deadline day tomorrow. I`ll go a long way to see anything dumber than Bale to Madrid.

Up the Dubs!
    Boo the Dubs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Arsenal spent £500,000. spurs spent over £100,000,000. :pac:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Arsenal spent £500,000. spurs spent over £100,000,000. :pac:

Sky are saying you lot had a £42.5m bid accepted for Ozil

Meanwhile Liverpool after failing to get Mhkitaryan or Willian sign Victor Moses............:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

HMV reopening on Thursday or Friday! (http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/hmv-reopening-1048486-Aug2013/) Limerick, Dundrum, Henry Street, Liffey Valley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jaykhunter wrote: »
    HMV reopening on Thursday or Friday! (http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/hmv-reopening-1048486-Aug2013/) Limerick, Dundrum, Henry Street, Liffey Valley.

No Cork :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

They're supposed to be merging with XV in Blackpool and Douglas, no mention of one opening in the city yet though.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

They are putting HMV in a fair few Xtravision stores so you might get some luck there. Was in Xtravision in Galway last week & the lack of boxsets was badly noticeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GTR63 wrote: »
    They are putting HMV in a fair few Xtravision stores so you might get some luck there. Was in Xtravision in Galway last week & the lack of boxsets was badly noticeable.

There is a lack of Xtravision stores in Cork city

The one in Drogheda remains empty.

Much as how it was when it was open as well

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Hoping they'll accept vouchers! Still have mine from Christmas, I'm doubtful though.

• Advertisement

Be nice to know what they well be selling gta at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Hoping they'll accept vouchers! Still have mine from Christmas, I'm doubtful though.

They have already confirmed they WILL be honouring vouchers!

After minutes of consideration I've come to the conclusion that hunting for All-Ireland Final tickets is the best example of the Irish culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

After minutes of consideration I've come to the conclusion that hunting for All-Ireland Final tickets is the best example of the Irish culture.

Of course. It's when everyone reaches out to everyone they know through everyone else.

On another note, I see Flim 4 is now in HD. Excellent!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    On another note, I see Flim 4 is now in HD. Excellent!
    Kewl, now let them show the Studio Ghibli films again. :)

That better be the hurling one Diabhal :mad:

OZIL!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Fcuk off, I'm happy :pac:

OZIL!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Fcuk off, I'm happy :pac:

Double post cuz Boards is a bit peeky the last few hours.

Hurling and football. I wouldn't be able to get a ticket for myself for Sunday nevermind Dublin-Mayo.

All the money the gaa makes through the season, more so the finals and they can.t pay any players that play at the highest level in ireland.

This is my main reason for not buying any gaa gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

They have already confirmed they WILL be honouring vouchers!

Fantastic, might splash out on a game or maybe a WWE Blu ray set.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

cena wrote: »
    All the money the gaa makes through the season, more so the finals and they can.t pay any players that play at the highest level in ireland.

This is my main reason for not buying any gaa gear.

The GAA Pump ALOT of money they make during the year back into the sport, you have to remember the Premier League gets most of its money from MASSIVE Global tv rights, GAA does not have the same luxury and when you compare attendences for a GAA Season vs a football season you also cant compare.

So it is very unfair to expect the GAA to pay their players. Go to a local GAA club game and see the low attendances, GAA make no money there but yet the GAA have provided that club a grant to build new club house, dressing rooms, coaching for kids, etc, etc.

And also how do you divide it up? Does somebody who wins an All-Ireland at underage deserve more than a player who gets knocked out in the 1st qualifier round at senior? Do club players receive any payment?

How do they decide how to divide the money to each county though. A lot was invested in Dublin hurling the last 10 years and the likes of the Kilkenny footballers must get damn all in terms of funding.

Loughc wrote: »
    The GAA Pump ALOT of money they make during the year back into the sport, you have to remember the Premier League gets most of its money from MASSIVE Global tv rights, GAA does not have the same luxury and when you compare attendences for a GAA Season vs a football season you also cant compare.

So it is very unfair to expect the GAA to pay their players. Go to a local GAA club game and see the low attendances, GAA make no money there but yet the GAA have provided that club a grant to build new club house, dressing rooms, coaching for kids, etc, etc.

My local club are trying to build a new pitch etc. They haven, t got anything from the gaa themself. All the coaching at underage is all done volunteer.

high level I meant by county level. Playing for their county.

With Up for the Match on the weekend there is a real window for opportunity to book an angle between Marty Morrisey & Ger Canning. I think a chain match where a chain is attached to the guard of helmets.

Everyone knows the big draw is Marty vs Brian Cody. With kilkenny not in the final this year, they should book Cody for the UFTM. They had their promos a few years back and the fans have been salivating at the mouth for them to collide face to face again.

Cody knows Marty would put him in the hospital if he's disrespected like that again.

martymorrisey.jpg

A headbutt from him would be like a right hook from tyson in his prime.

• Advertisement

Anyone try Payday 2? Been looking for a laptop game to play...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement