Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think O'Neil would be ideal for Ireland. He will find a way to get the better players into the team, get the ordinary players to perform well and a system that gives them a chance to win games. He will be realistic as well, any talk of Ireland playing more possession football and using creative play in central areas is a load of nonsense.

Attitude went wrong under Trap and he messed up with how he dealt with people, after the euros, you could not see any belief in the players, that they thought they could stand up and get a big result. From the Paris game to Germany at home was a huge (negative) shift in belief, intent and desire. Genuinely think the players got tired of how he treated players and the respect they had for him at the start vanished,

Martin will sort that.

I would be shocked to see Keane as assistant to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I think Keane has been neutered considerably by joining ITV (or UTV for us republicans) but he did get a poor enough Sunderland to a point where they got promoted and haven't dropped down since. He had Greg Halford and Chopra playing in that team too FFS. Regardless, MON will have an excuse if he fails to get this team to the Euros. I'd be cautious enough about him but at the minimum he'd at least pretend to give a ****e.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If Ireland qualify for the Euros (quite likely given the expansion of the tournament) MON/Keane will be considered a success, perhaps MON will get another Prem Job as a result of his rep being improved as a result and Keane will step up and become the manager. Wouldn't shcok me anyway if Keane is the manager afterwards if things go well for the duo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Wonder if O'Neill can get Connor Wickham to play for us :o
    Awful day of football for me Liverpool and Milan soundly beaten back to back.

Is there a place to download GAA & hurling highlights or games? I have to show and explain to people at work these but there is no wifi at work and the usual sources for tv / movie downloads is drawing a blank (or atleast what im finding isn't downloading as their arent enough sources) on the auld Irish sports. Maybe there is some RTE source or something someone might know of

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is there a place to download GAA & hurling highlights or games? I have to show and explain to people at work these but there is no wifi at work and the usual sources for tv / movie downloads is drawing a blank (or atleast what im finding isn't downloading as their arent enough sources) on the auld Irish sports. Maybe there is some RTE source or something someone might know of

Theres loads of full length games on youtube. I just had a look and the Kilkenny Galway finals are up there in there entirety from last year. (couldnt find this years AI final)

Im sure you know how to download from youtube?

Tinie wrote: »
    Theres loads of full length games on youtube. I just had a look and the Kilkenny Galway finals are up there in there entirety from last year. (couldnt find this years AI final)

Im sure you know how to download from youtube?

cheers, you just saved me from having my massive brainfart mess up what I had to do (aka yes I know how to, but honestly was drawing a blank on that as an option and was just thinking i needed internet at work if I was to use youtube videos, doh! )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Is it possible to download from the RTE Player?

I think RTE player has a certain period before they remove shows though. Most stuff would be gone by now.

I think RTE player has a certain period before they remove shows though. Most stuff would be gone by now.

Its a month iirc. You could just use something to save youtube vids and clock anyone who says hurling is crap!

• Advertisement

I think my record so far is 7-0 of introducing foreigners to hurling and them immediately loving it. That includes French/German/Polish/Spanish. They think it's a novelty initially and then get immersed in it considering how fast and high-scoring games can be. Like, a Dublin-Kerry quality game seems to happen 4-5 times in the hurling year.

tl;dr BH is getting a promotion after this.

I think my record so far is 7-0 of introducing foreigners to hurling and them immediately loving it. That includes French/German/Polish/Spanish. They think it's a novelty initially and then get immersed in it considering how fast and high-scoring games can be. Like, a Dublin-Kerry quality game seems to happen 4-5 times in the hurling year.

tl;dr BH is getting a promotion after this.

ha I wish only been in the job a few months atm but it seems none of the Germans had ever heard of Hurling or Gaelic football before they met me so I told em i'd bring em in a few videos of them both.

Just back in from a quick trip to a local museum but now gonna raid youtube of many many videos. Munich is funny on Sundays cos all shops etc are closed, only things open are cultural things like Museums & restaurants, last week I visited the castle that the Disney castle was modeled on cos there is F all else to do except for such activities on Sundays, forces you to get out and see such places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Was speaking to an old school friend I hadn't see in awhile. We meet them in pennys with my mother as she was shopping for the daughter in laws birthday.

His girlfriend was speaking to my mother and she was saying they are heading to nyc for new years eve. I would say she is hoping to engaged while over there.

Can't say I'm not jealous of them going over. I would love to be their for Christmas.

I must meet up with some time for a drink. We where best of friends in school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ha I wish only been in the job a few months atm but it seems none of the Germans had ever heard of Hurling or Gaelic football before they met me so I told em i'd bring em in a few videos of them both.
    Just bring them to a Munich Colmcilles game sometime. They have men's and women's teams, though think only men's in football
    http://www.munichgaa.de/

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just bring them to a Munich Colmcilles game sometime. They have men's and women's teams, though think only men's in football
    http://www.munichgaa.de/

ha yeah was told about that before... and now it's going into my talk as that'll surprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,978 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.independent.ie/sport/roy-keane-set-to-become-martin-oneills-ireland-assistant-29719931.html

the title of that link says it all, Roy Keane to become Martin O'Neil's assistant when he takes over as Ireland boss. That's mad ted! but sure will be entertaining if it happens.

It is confirmed but does Keano know he will be No. 2 :P

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It is confirmed but does Keano know he will be No. 2 :P

Yep O'Neill in charge of tactics, Keane who does all the talking and laying into the players, won't be much different to Steph and Triple H :pac:. A good choice as the new Authority, after years of Vince Trappatoni becoming stale anyway. May as well bring in Dunphy, Giles, Brady as The Shield, coming down through the crowd at the Aviva Stadium when the team is losing.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yep O'Neill in charge of tactics, Keane who does all the talking and laying into the players, won't be much different to Steph and Triple H :pac:. A good choice as the new Authority, after years of Vince Trappatoni becoming stale anyway. May as well bring in Dunphy, Giles, Brady as The Shield, coming down through the crowd at the Aviva Stadium when the team is losing.

Brady as Reigns, Dunphy as Ambrose and Giles as Rollins(not sure if he'd be gone on the blonde dye). Cerberus Powerbomb Biiilllllll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Saw 8 is apparently in the pipeline. I enjoyed all of them but come on, enough is enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't think I've seen a Saw movie since Saw 3. How the devil is it still going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

They stopped at Saw 7. The franchise just promises you a few things and delivers : nasty gore, different traps with some kind of twisted morality tale, a tie in to the previous films, and a nice revelation montage at the end. Although the link to the previous films got v tenuous (how many people were in the same scene that the camera didn't see!) I think it's worth ten bucks once a year. I'd be happy if they made 20 of them. With insidious etc it's not like it's preventing some great other horror films coming out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

yeah they were enjoyable, if that's the right word to use. Like Final Destination, it was all about the deaths. Though have to admit, Jigsaw was really well prepared. :)

Well feck it. Cooker switch has just gone up in smoke. Wire has burnt in it. Microwave has stopped heating food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Got our wedding photos back today, and there is a brilliant shot, in the middle of all the beauty shots, of myself, Lisa, the bridesmaids and groomsmen, all standing in the Japanese Gardens, doing the YES chant.

Still grinning like an ejjit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Angron wrote: »
    I don't think I've seen a Saw movie since Saw 3. How the devil is it still going?
    Jigsaw secretly had apprentices (and other apprentices the apprentices didn't know about)
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    They stopped at Saw 7. The franchise just promises you a few things and delivers : nasty gore, different traps with some kind of twisted morality tale, a tie in to the previous films, and a nice revelation montage at the end. Although the link to the previous films got v tenuous (how many people were in the same scene that the camera didn't see!) I think it's worth ten bucks once a year. I'd be happy if they made 20 of them. With insidious etc it's not like it's preventing some great other horror films coming out.

As bad as they were, I still watched all of them. It just became a case of "How on earth will they keep this going?"

• Advertisement

Got our wedding photos back today

Congratulation man.

As Jerry Lawler said on Raw this week, marriage is grand, but divorce is a hundred grand :D

Any plans for a Wrong Turn 6? Loved those films as much as Saw!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Someone in Japan tried to access my Facebook page today, with the right password apparently. Got blocked cause Ive never accessed Facebook from Japan. :P

Never use it, mind, but making me wonder what else I need to change the password on, AND how they got the right password in the first place.

Anyone know how I can put a dvd online. We got a dvd of the brothers weddings and I would like to share with the family in the states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

cena wrote: »
    Anyone know how I can put a dvd online. We got a dvd of the brothers weddings and I would like to share with the family in the states

Download a program called mpeg streamclip, it will rip the dvd and make it a mp4 so you can put it online.

• Advertisement

Squeeeee....

Gamestop just on the phone, confirming I'll be getting a Day One Edition of Xbone next week. So excite. Awesome. Cant wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What games are you getting with it?

Question for ye gamers. More avid gamers but point stands. Would ye know your Gamestop etc staff by name? I think it's the only area of retail where a regular customer wouldn't necessarily be friendly with people working there despite being in regularly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yup, but then I was in the same year and good friends with one of the folks that works in the Gamestop, and by extension hung out with the others from the shop too. Nearly the same story with the local Xtra-Vision.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What games are you getting with it?

Fifa (which comes free as part of the bundle) and Dead Rising 3.

Thanks to Day One On Demand though, I'll probably top up my credit card and get AC4, Lego Marvel and either Ghosts or Battlefield over the two weeks after launch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

I got promoted today at work, and the fradulent charges that completely WIPED my bank account this week after my Paypal got hacked have all been reversed (and Paypal were fantastic about it!)

45.jpg

Congrats Jenda, always good to hear news like that

cool advert, or is it just that Van Damme is cool... kinda wanna watch JCVD or Bloodsport now

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

Cheers mate, nothing like logging into your bank account and seeing 2000 euro suddenly missing to make you panic a bit but its all sorted now!!

Jenda wrote: »
    Cheers mate, nothing like logging into your bank account and seeing 2000 euro suddenly missing to make you panic a bit but its all sorted now!!

Jaysus yeah that would make you sit up and take notice although its situations like those where afterwards you feel extra good without getting extra just cos your so relieved to have what you lost again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm heading to Amsterdam in January. Is it any use over there can anyone tell me?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm heading to Amsterdam in January. Is it any use over there can anyone tell me?

Im thinking about heading that way myself for my b day in Jan

Im thinking about heading that way myself for my b day in Jan

Got a cool deal on GroupOn actually for my one. Have a look on there if you think of it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Probably one of my favorite Cities Amsterdam. Was the first real city break myself and the missus went on years ago and we've been three times since. We were somewhat surprised just about how nice and beautiful the city was. Plenty to do. We did the museums, we did the nice canal trips, we did the bicycles and of course we did the coffee shops and red light.

Actually a bit of a laugh the red light district. Thing about Amsterdam is it could all be done a bit OTT, sleazy and in your face but it's pitched just perfect. You'll have a blast.

There's something great about a guy called Shagnastii in the Red Light District!

Thanks for that post, sounds exactly what we'd be after. Her for the coffee shops and bike rides, me for the museums and regular rides :p Is Anne Frank's gaff near the city?

There's something great about a guy called Shagnastii in the Red Light District!

Thanks for that post, sounds exactly what we'd be after. Her for the coffee shops and bike rides, me for the museums and regular rides :p Is Anne Frank's gaff near the city?

Ah I've long outgrown my username:pac:

Anne Frank's place is smack bang in the middle of it. Worth a look but don't feel ya have missed anything if you miss it.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Ah I've long outgrown my username:pac:

Anne Frank's place is smack bang in the middle of it. Worth a look but don't feel ya have missed anything if you miss it.

Well I'm gonna be in the Dam, Anne Frankly it'll be a wasted opportunity if I don't check it out..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Well I'm gonna be in the Dam, Anne Frankly it'll be a wasted opportunity if I don't check it out..

I did Nazi that coming!

Does one use Dancor`s Method there :D

This reminds me of a great gag often told.

There was a play on in Liverpool about Anne Frank's house. The first scene where the Nazi's arrive to search the house somebody in the audience shouts out "SHE'S IN THE ATTIC!!!!".

• Advertisement

Anyone know if Gamestop are doing their upgrade thing on Lego Marvel where I can get it for the 360 tomorrow and upgrade to the X1 edition next week?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement