Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Can't hook up my own 3DS online, that security key thing is always stopping me.
    I've spent the last 2hrs fixing a fecking LeapPad still my niece won't be asking to play my 3DS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GTR63 wrote: »
    Can't hook up my own 3DS online, that security key thing is always stopping me.
    I've spent the last 2hrs fixing a fecking LeapPad still my niece won't be asking to play my 3DS.

That threw me as well. It's simply your wi-fi password.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    That threw me as well. It's simply your wi-fi password.

Got it done using VirtualRouterPlus, such a handy piece of software that.
    Anyone know when an item gets dispatched from Amazon what are the odds of getting it before the estimated delivery date?
    Ordered mine a few days before Christmas & won`t get it until next Friday. Bit miffed its taking that long
    :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Congrats on the engagement, BH!
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Anyone else have Pokemon X or Y?

I want to add friends but everyone on the friends list in the Pokemon section are people I dont know. I'd rather it be people I know, hence here :pac:

I have it, yeah. I'll try and add you.

I assume you`ll be wearing something similar to this for the occasion BH

machoman21.jpg

randy-savage.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,978 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No looking too good for poor Michael Schumacher really hope he pulls through, I didn't think it was that serious from the first incident reports

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Re GTR: oooooh yeah!

Re Liz: Thats al that is in the news here atm, really hope he is ok, lads a legend in my eyes absolutely dominated F1 at one time and is supposidly a true gent as shown by all the charity work he does including the oft televised charity football matches he gets involved in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,757 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Congrats Bounty Hunter!

Well in lad, popped the question myself in November. Savings going to kill us. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Congrats Bounty Hunter!

Well in lad, popped the question myself in November. Savings going to kill us. :pac:

In the same boat...expensive business these weddings :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Yeah, same here.
    Worst thing is I'm a Wedding Photographer myself, so picking someone else is pretty difficult. That said, it's the only thing I get to sort - she's in her element organizing everything.

• Advertisement

Wishing y'all a happy healthy peaceful 2014 and let's hope Christian gets another world title reign in the new year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Happy New Year everyone. Hope the booking is great for your 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Happy new year lads and ladies. Let's hope everyone gets a push in 2014 and a title run every so often!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

R.I.P

Uncle Phil:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

RIP Uncle Phil, he was brilliant in The Fresh Prince.

Texted my brother and said Uncle Phil died, he texted me back saying he doesn't remember him but he's going to spread the news. Next thing, my parents and a cousin called me asking who is Uncle Phil, they thought it was one of my distant uncles in Greece or something. Should have said James Avery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Uncle Phil would've been delighted to see United lose.

Ah, he seemed like a lovely auld lad. The cast always spoke highly about him, even years after the Fresh Prince finished taping. It's still weird to m that he was the voice of Shredder in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too.

Uncle Phil would've been delighted to see United lose.

Oh yur an evil oul weezil Diabhal
    Deadlie wrote: »
    Ah, he seemed like a lovely auld lad. The cast always spoke highly about him, even years after the Fresh Prince finished taping. It's still weird to m that he was the voice of Shredder in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too.
    Remember watching a doc & Will was saying how he helped him so much when he was starting out at it. I only figured he was Shredder a few years ago, in hindsight it was obvious.

RIP James Avery aka Uncle Phil

• Advertisement

he was the voice of Shredder in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too.

And Kevin Nash played shredder in the movie. Everything has a trail back to pro wrestling somehow..........

Charisteas wrote: »
    And Kevin Nash played shredder in the movie. Everything has a trail back to pro wrestling somehow..........

He played Junk Yard Dog in the WWF Rock N Wrestling animated series according to Jayk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Yeah, same here.
    Worst thing is I'm a Wedding Photographer myself, so picking someone else is pretty difficult. That said, it's the only thing I get to sort - she's in her element organizing everything.

I think the photographer was the most non venue part of the wedding for us, but after getting the photos back it was more than worth it

I think the photographer was the most non venue part of the wedding for us, but after getting the photos back it was more than worth it

My main problem is that three of my best mates are Wedding Photographers too! Have to let two down. Gonna be awkward. Unless I pick none of them, I guess?

I didn't know Nash was the voice in the TMNT movie. Mad. It was an awful movie all the same. Superio Mario was worse at the time, but not by much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Gonna probably have to cut costs as much as possible for my own as it's looking like we might actually have 2! course my missus is from Taiwan so it's kinda believable that people might not be able to travel etc

loved uncle Phil myself, he will always go under that moniker for myself too as whenever I saw him in something else even though I recognised the name James Avery I thought uncle Phil

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyone back to work today after the Christmas holidays? I am. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Loughc wrote: »

Yep and it's depressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Yep and it's depressing

Been back since Saturday the 28th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd no idea James Avery was the voice of Shredder.

Very sad news. Most father figures on TV shows, particularly comedies, come across as just goofy clowns who don't have much of a moral influence on the family. The character of Uncle Phil, whilst funny, was also one of the few examples where the character also felt like a really good person. Probably one of the best TV father figures that I can think of.

I'd no idea James Avery was the voice of Shredder.

I was like that too until recently then when you listen to him again its fairly obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Loughc wrote: »

Had to work Christmas Day myself!

Cork city hit bad with floods again

Omackeral wrote: »
    Had to work Christmas Day myself!

Yep same here and all over Xmas, can't have any pity for those who have been off for it and are just back now:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Yep same here and all over Xmas, can't have any pity for those who have been off for it and are just back now:pac:

Sorry! Haha!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cork city hit bad with floods again

Hope your ok Liz

Have any of you lads bought wrestler gear from extremewrestlingshirts.com before? Would be handy to get some positive reviews before dropping 50 bucks. Also, what's the deal with American hoodie sizes?

Just reading a bit more about James Avery (ahead of a marathon run of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episodes this weekend) and he was also the voice of The Junkyard Dog in the Rock and Wrestling 80's cartoon. Also Jeff Pollack who was a writer and producer of The Fresh Prince, also died around 10 days ago.

Almost got washed away

Almost got washed away
    Could be worse I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm sure you noticed boards.ie was down for maintenance yesterday - there might be some posts missing and posts repeatedly posted. It's all sorted now though.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm sure you noticed boards.ie was down for maintenance yesterday - there might be some posts missing and posts repeatedly posted. It's all sorted now though.

Noticed? I ended up doing housework to fill the void, housework on a weekend! :eek: #blamedav

Luckily it was down during a PPV-free Sunday and not during Royal Rumble Sunday!

Pilot nearly crashes into a UK near Heathrow.

I wouldn't allow that man fly a plane again until he's seen a shrink.

There's a lot of money to be made off those stories.

I thought the same. Has to be a money grab thing. Still, risking a career to sell stuff to the National Inquirer seems like an odd move.

Did you ever see the Louis Theroux documentary about UFOlogists? It was amazing. This tiny town in the back arse of the US where there's UFO sightings nearly fortnightly. He went out and they saw nothing at all. They did show him these guns that looked like Nerf guns though, but were these totally legit, awesome, magic alien death rays. They were safe to use on humans, but the leader had killed thousands of martians with them.

There's a lot of money to be made off those stories.

Missed a trick not telling Irish press it was a Banshee

I slag these losers off as mentals but I still read/listen to that ****e just because they're always great stories. It's never just somebody seeing a UFO in the distance, it's an alien poking you in the eye on a spaceship just a few mile over Carlow. Shame it hasn't taken off in Ireland like it has in Yank.

I slag these losers off as mentals but I still read/listen to that ****e just because they're always great stories. It's never just somebody seeing a UFO in the distance, it's an alien poking you in the eye on a spaceship just a few mile over Carlow. Shame it hasn't taken off in Ireland like it has in Yank.

I prefer the mentalists we have here.

Remember yer man telling people to stare at the sun in Knock and they'd see Holy Mary? And 5 people were nearly blinded. Or all those auld wans with angels on their shoulders keeping sketch for them? I worked in a bookshop a few years back and we'd one coming in telling me my angel was very distressed. She came in and would say prayers for me. You can't beat a good mammy mentalist.

My family are mad into Knock alright and I think they went to see that eclipse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was at Knock a few years back, thought it was dull as hell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement