Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I went with my family every year. I'd be bored out if my mind! Thank god is have my Walkman with entrance themes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Knock could easily host Wrestlemania IMO. Could have Axxess in the ****e church by the gates. Pyro might be an issue but we can cross that bridge when we get there. They even have a pub with a fruit machine that doesn't work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

I see the woolshed are going to show royal rumble. Is there many of ye going.

Anyone else know how good are they getting back to you by email

cena wrote: »
    I see the woolshed are going to show royal rumble. Is there many of ye going.

Anyone else know how good are they getting back to you by email

Theres a thread on it mate.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056595868&page=60

Knock could easily host Wrestlemania IMO. Could have Axxess in the ****e church by the gates. Pyro might be an issue but we can cross that bridge when we get there. They even have a pub with a fruit machine that doesn't work!

Austin comes out drinking holy water and God teams with HBK. We're sorted!

• Advertisement

Accidentally posted this in the Galway GAA thread. But here is the future of wrestlemania 2016:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I used to get a present from knock every year when my mam visited

Knock ruler
    Knock Rock
    Knock football

all never say the light of day

Stick of rock and a few bottles of holy water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember getting a keyring which was like a contacts book where the pieces of card would rotate out.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Loving the new thread title.

I've never been to Knock myself. We went to that Medjugory in Bosnia years back. We got on the wrong bus. Three lads all dressed up ready to get drunk and there we were we, surrounded by Italian pilgrims. Was awful hard to find drink out at the shrine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, that's my weekend gone. Got accepted into the Elder Scrolls Online beta which runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday. :D

I recommend all United fans go to Knock ASAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I recommend all United fans go to Knock ASAP

Why is Pogba there?

Ever know it's going to be one of those days?

I think I do

Misses is convinced she is pregnant. She has missed her time of the month and is buying a test as we speak. Coould be a big day in the beakerjoe history books!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I think I do

Misses is convinced she is pregnant. She has missed her time of the month and is buying a test as we speak. Coould be a big day in the beakerjoe history books!

fingers crossed for ya! :D

fingers crossed for ya! :D

Either way it goes is good news in my book.

Have a wedding to plan and its an expensive day out. Cost of a baby is enough to put those plans on hold. Really want to get married.

That being said Id love a baby too.

Which ever way the day goes Ill be over the moon happy and a little disappointed for different reasons.
    Originally posted by Teamshadowclan :
    Whats up TSC? A problem shared is a problem halved in all that

I think I do

Congratulations to you both :pac: :pac:

Seriously beakerjoe all the best.

I think I do

Thats awesome :D Congrats if it's not a false alarm.

Nearly don't want to be negative now. In fact, I feel since Tv talk was moved to the other topic, the only time I post in here is to moan, but being honest, I know this board is supportive in many ways, and just typing out what's happening helps.

Don't know how many people on here know about my problems with my father. I know some know some of it. We had the Gardai arrive on the door this morning with a summons for him. This is the third time he's had the Gardai on our doorstep in recent months. And it's not so much that fact that upsets me, as it is his attitude about it; as if it's no big deal, and I should just "grow up". This attitude comes with everything, a lot of things I don't type here because of how they embarrass me. It's not a "Jesus, sorry, I'll get on that now and sorry for needing you to deal with the cops for me". It's just a rotten attitude to go along with things. So I know things will be slightly apocalyptic when he gets home later.

On top of that, I'm going to have to head back to the doctor's tomorrow. Back at the WWE in the O2, I slipped down some stairs and hurt myself. Went to the doctor's that week, got some medicine. It eased up 99% of the pain. Medicine ran out a few days back though, and said pain has come back with a vengeance. Was told back when it happened it was possible I had ruptured a muscle slightly, and if that was the case, I'd need to go get X rays. So since the drugs I got just seemed to mask the pain, looks like I'll be off to the hospital soon to check it out :(

AND on top of that, since I ran out of the drugs on Sunday, I've had massive headaches. They are, thankfully, easing off, but feels like I got a bit dependent on them, and without them, my body ain't too happy :P

I dont know any of your problems TSC being a newbie to boards over the last 6 months.

Regarding the pain, I can relate. I have a foot which arch is on the brink of collapse. Its been like this for 7/8 months. I play football and ignored it for a while, taking pain killers to get through the match. My foot is so bad now that I cant play without them and when im walking i feel pain every step. I rested for the last month and it has not healed. I feared if i didnt get it sorted I ll never play without pain again. Got it looked at the other day and was told I should of came to get it looked at 6 months ago. Getting a new insole for it now and told to let my foot heal fully and not to use pain killers. My advice is that get it looked at ASAP .

Regarding your Dad Im sorry to hear about that . My uncle, though not the same as your father could be similar in some small ways and things didnt end well for him.

He is a man who is selfish, lazy and avoids his problems. He had drug problems and in turn alcohol issues (getting violent on nights out when drunk with randomers). He took it all out on his partner (a lovely woman who only stayed with him because of their son). The Cops arrested him 3 times for drunken behaviour and assault. Then picked up for being with a hooker which cause even more friction in the house. Hes now living alone, lost his parnter and doesnt have the relationship with his son that he once had. His attitude was always to run or ignore his problems. His sorrys and apologies never held any weight. Now he lives a sad life and from what ive heard regrets his choices yet continues to make similar choices.

The one thing I can say is I learned how not to live my life by watching his example. His ex partner always tried to help him but he never wanted to help himself. It must be tough for you TSC.

Hope Ive helped a little with my ramblings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Gamers - wifey bought me a PS3 last month. I have never owned a console since the SNES. I am almost finished GTAV. What recommends would people give me from the bargain bucket?

I like shooting games. And driving games. Is the likes of Call Of Duty reasonably idiot proof or is it very difficult? Or I remember people here talking about Skyrim. Whats that all about?

gimmick wrote: »
    Gamers - wifey bought me a PS3 last month. I have never owned a console since the SNES. I am almost finished GTAV. What recommends would people give me from the bargain bucket?

I like shooting games. And driving games. Is the likes of Call Of Duty reasonably idiot proof or is it very difficult? Or I remember people here talking about Skyrim. Whats that all about?
    Can I recommend the batman games? I like them. Call duty is grand. I only have have one of the games but the new looks good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Can't really recommend CoD. Haven't played the latest one, so dunno what that's like, but I didn't enjoy Black Ops 2 or MW3 (which was the worst of the lot).

Skyrim I thought was a good game, beautiful world and lots of stuff to do in it, or maybe even Elder Scrolls Oblivion. It's a few years older than Skyrim, but I'd kinda prefer it in some ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

unchartered series - I cannot stress this enough! Incredible games! 1 is great, but 2 and 3 are out of this world! I am actually jealous of you that you get to experince them for the first time.....yes they are THAT good! and with the ps4 out you will have no bother picking them up 2nd hand (or even platinum editions brand new for cheap)

also a big +1 on the batman series!

Very sorry to hear that TSC. Never nice when guards knock on your door, i've been in a situation similar to that so I know how it feels when a person can be so selfish and inconsiderate to those who are around them who give them chance after chance.
    Hope you get on ok in the hospital too.

Gimmick I would suggest a Playstation Plus subscription (basically its a catalogue of various games ready to be downloaded & played for the price of about €50, great value). As well as stuff like the Mass Effect Trilogy, the Batman Arkham titles, Uncharted 2 + 3, Far Cry 3, BioShock, The Last of Us & The Ico HD Collection.
    Steer clear of Killzone & Resistance, pure mediocrity at its best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

If you liked GTA pick yourself up Red Dead Redemption.

Great chunk of amazing series' that you'll pick up for €25 or much much less.

Bioshock.
    Assassins Creed.
    Uncharted.
    The Batman Trilogy.

All worth checking out.

Thanks for the kind words.

Any update on the mini-beakerjoe? :P

Wont know til later on. Doing the test when both at home

I hear you need her to do the test, don't hold me for that. ;)
    I am excited for you though, if you have a kid don't watch the old Disney movies, watched some with my Niece over xmas & they still tear you up man.
    Oh Gimmick I forgot to mention The Walking Dead from Telltale is ace too & the MGS HD Trilogy. If you ask in the Games forum people will bombard you with Dark Souls too. To the point where its almost a bit desperate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I had a scare a few years back with a girl I was with going with. The test came back thankfully with a massive "NOT PREGNANT". There were two tests in the box so me being my unbelievably curious self decided to piddle on it for the laugh. I'd be lying if my heart didn't race of a second with the fear of being miraculously preggers.

It's really great being an unmerciful pillock :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Red Dead Redemption, RDR: Undead Nightmare and LA Noire. GVA IV and their add on's are also very good (as a trio, on their own only TLAD is worth much story wise) but may be hard to get into after playing V first.

Cheers for the tips gents.

TSC - hope all works out bud.

For those interested, there's no mini beakerjoe on the way. Wedding plans still going ahead as planned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

http://reflectionsasia.wordpress.com/2007/09/11/graeme-le-saux-how-gay-slurs-almost-wrecked-my-career/

Doing the rounds on soccer forums, an article from Le Saux about all the homophobic abuse he got despite not been gay.

Ince, Townsend Savage and Fowler don't come out of it well at all.

Very much worth a read.

Excellent read in fairness.

I remember the Fowler incident clearly. Thought it was the funniest thing ever at the time and for some time after it.

Reading that shows how wrong it was of Fowler. He looks a right dick out of it.

• Advertisement

Fasinating read.

It must have been hard for Le Saux. Always thought he was a hard grafter. As Gimmick said, Robbie comes off like a dick, as does Ince. Have more respect for Le Saux after that read.

Another tech problem. Sorry.

Got a cheap HP printer that's wireless. It'll only print entire documents from a usb connection and wirelessly from a cheap tablet I have. When I try to print wirelessly off my Windows 8 laptop it might only print 3/4 of a page.

I've nae clue what's the problem. Uninstalled and installed again but the same ****e. Any help would be appreciated.

****ing doctors.

Went on Friday. He gave me more of the stuff I was on all last month. But he decided to poke and prod me. "Does it hurt when I squeeze and push you?" "Nah, Doc, I enjoy the pressure on the sore area!"

Now it's worse than it was for the last month.

He reckons I could have a slightly bruised rib :(

I got sons of anarachy s1 to 5 on blue ray from the brother yesterday for my birthday

****ing doctors.

Went on Friday. He gave me more of the stuff I was on all last month. But he decided to poke and prod me. "Does it hurt when I squeeze and push you?" "Nah, Doc, I enjoy the pressure on the sore area!"

Some doctors are the sh**s, I get where your coming from with problems like that not getting dealth with & waiting for letters etc.
    I got sons of anarachy s1 to 5 on blue ray from the brother yesterday for my birthday

A day late but Happy Birthday Cena!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Belated Birthday and enjoy your Samcro marathon :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Happy Belated Birthday and enjoy your Samcro marathon :p

I shell enjoy it

I shell enjoy it

Ya got more than I did for my Birthday, January b'days suck in the let that cover your birthday and xmas present department.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Ya got more than I did for my Birthday, January b'days suck in the let that cover your birthday and xmas present department.

I was excepting it. My mother wants to buy my the mighty ducks hockey jersey
    http://shop.nhl.com/Anaheim_Ducks_Jerseys/Reebok_Anaheim_Ducks_CCM_Classic_Anniversary_Throwback_Jersey_-_Purple_Turquoise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Big belated happy birthday to ya brother!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Happy Birthday lads.

Happy Birthday to you too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Happy Birthday to you Cena

accidentally played a part in getting a 7yr old drunk tonigh... that was interesting!

Happy belated birthday

****ing doctors.

You are having a tough time of it Teamshadowclan, sorry to hear stay strong and maybe see another doctor for a second opinion

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement