Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to you too
    Thanks hope your doing okay after the tough week of weather in Cork
    cena wrote: »
    Happy belated birthday
    Ah man I hate them in a way, I always think my age (25) then think I am getting older. Christ.

accidentally played a part in getting a 7yr old drunk tonight... that was interesting!

Hope it wasn`t peach schnapps, the first drink I ever had given to me by my sisters when I was young. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

nah we were at a Chinese restaurant and they gave us a load of shots after the meal, 2 rounds worth as it was such a big / expensive meal we had. They were super sweet though and tasted kinda like guava juice and was in fact too sweet for one of the woman there who despite me insisting they most likely had alcohol in them because they gave the kids sweets when they gave us these allowed her 7 year old to drink hers. Later in Chinese (cant say much else in this language tbh) I ask what the shot was and the waiter says something something Vodka back in response... the Kid had already had almost 3 of them

The kid was a happy drunk though so It wasnt too bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Another tech problem. Sorry.

Got a cheap HP printer that's wireless. It'll only print entire documents from a usb connection and wirelessly from a cheap tablet I have. When I try to print wirelessly off my Windows 8 laptop it might only print 3/4 of a page.

I've nae clue what's the problem. Uninstalled and installed again but the same ****e. Any help would be appreciated.

Can you print correctly when you connect the laptop to the printer with a USB connection?

Does the manufacturer state that the drivers used are Windows 8 compitable (you might also note whether it's AMD or Intel processor and whether it's 64-bit [x64] or 32-bit [x86] Windows). Check HP's website (I usually just Google the model number to get the page).

Best bet is to contact HP support. Here's a link to their webchat (free). They'll likely have heard the problem a million times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Bono and P Diddy nearly kiss. Act very awkward after
    https://vine.co/v/hLKFH5gOuj0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Can you print correctly when you connect the laptop to the printer with a USB connection?

Does the manufacturer state that the drivers used are Windows 8 compitable (you might also note whether it's AMD or Intel processor and whether it's 64-bit [x64] or 32-bit [x86] Windows). Check HP's website (I usually just Google the model number to get the page).

Best bet is to contact HP support. Here's a link to their webchat (free). They'll likely have heard the problem a million times before.

Cheers again. Ya it will print when connected by usb. Will fire off a few smart sounded questions to the lads at HP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Belated happy birthdays.

Mine is late January but just before payday after the longest gap (Dec 20th to Jan 28th with Christmas and New Year in between) so good job I don't celebrate my birthday

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jaysus were all of us boardies born in Jan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nah, I was born in December :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Hey a heads up to all of of you that kept me company when I was in hospital with the broken leg. I got the cast of today and I'm delighted. I only sat through Christmas, New Years, and my birthday. Thanks for the well wishes. Now the hard bit begins

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Angron wrote: »
    Nah, I was born in December :P

December for me too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Me Ma does still be bitter I wasn't a new years baby but my Birthday does be the same date as the NJPW Tokyo Dome show so it ain't that hard to remember.
    Get better soon Conn_Man & use Anderson Silva as inspiratiom.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hey a heads up to all of of you that kept me company when I was in hospital with the broken leg. I got the cast of today and I'm delighted. I only sat through Christmas, New Years, and my birthday. Thanks for the well wishes. Now the hard bit begins

2014 The Year Of Connemara Man :pac::pac:

just remember a January birthday and St Patricks day is quite a coincidence :eek:

but more importantly Archer is back!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Going to start watching a new comedy series this week, im mulling over Workaholics and Brooklyn Nine Nine, anyone got any opinions on these?

I hear Brooklyn Nine Nine did well at the Globes and that Andy Samberg did well but I feel like Im a bit sick of him at the minute.

Also open to other suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

I saw the first two episodes of Brooklin Nine Nine on RTE 2 and thought that it was OK. I suspect that it's a grower and happy to keep watching it. I think that E4 are picking it up too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

just remember a January birthday and St Patricks day is quite a coincidence :eek:

but more importantly Archer is back!!!!!

What'd you think of Archer? Poor Brett.

Ive seen Archer pop up on Netficks a few times? Whats it like?

I think it's great. The Irish netflix has only 3 seasons, though they just started the fifth. I'd recommend it anyway, most of my friends love it.

I liked it, it figuratively got me so excited about the rest of the season I went crazy. :cool:

Beaker give it a shot it's really good once i first watched it i binged on the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Loughc wrote: »
    December for me too :P

Me three!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

And me 4.

Archer is brilliant. Laugh out lud funny consistently.

I really love how they over use a joke as well. They overuse the joke so much it becomes funny again. best example being "idiom", "Litera..figuratively" and "ants".

Plus Pam. She ia so magnificently weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Going to start watching a new comedy series this week, im mulling over Workaholics and Brooklyn Nine Nine, anyone got any opinions on these?

I hear Brooklyn Nine Nine did well at the Globes and that Andy Samberg did well but I feel like Im a bit sick of him at the minute.

Also open to other suggestions.

Brooklyn Nine Nine is ok best part is Andre Braugher as Capt Holt, he is great

I love Raising Hope

Raising Hope is good, it's like the spiritual successor to My Name Is Earl.

Raising Hope is good, it's like the spiritual successor to My Name Is Earl.

Its very "My name is Earl" alright, Hope is like Earls cute little sister. :)

Just finished catching up on the American Office and Arrested Development (hence why Im looking into new shows).

Arrested Development is great too, first 3 seasons at any rate. Fourth wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good either. Favourite moment in the show was when Tobias was pretending to be Mrs. Featherbottom, tries to make a Mary Poppins-esque entrance, and crashes straight through the table.

Arrested Development is great too, first 3 seasons at any rate. Fourth wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good either. Favourite moment in the show was when Tobias was pretending to be Mrs. Featherbottom, tries to make a Mary Poppins-esque entrance, and crashes straight through the table.

Arrested Development is one of the most cleverly written shows ever IMO. The last season suffered from the cast beinging very successful and hard to get them all togther for the entire shooting. The 1st 3 seasons are comedy gold. All the characters are excellent and well cast, and the subtle jokes and preferences are laugh out loud funny.

Tobias saying he just Blue himself to Michael was the line of the show though :D:pac:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is my current fix. It's brilliant. Slow burning first series, but comedy gold after that. I got to this episode last night and nearly died laughing.

And if you haven't watch Bob's Burgers yet lads, do yourselves a favour. It's the best animated comedy since season 8 of the Simpsons.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its very "My name is Earl" alright, Hope is like Earls cute little sister. :)

Just finished catching up on the American Office and Arrested Development (hence why Im looking into new shows).

Burt Chance is one of best characters on tv

Community is also very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I never "got" AD. Always seemed too forced or soemthing. Tried vainly for series 1 but have long since abandoned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I couldn't recommend Arrested Development highly enough. It's 'flaw' is that the characters are very unique (besides Michael) and are unrelatable. I can't relate GOB or Tobias to other TV characters. I think the comedy is absolutely amazing, a really intelligent, fast-paced show. Tons of call backs and call-forwards. I get the point of forced as it's a lot of highly-scripted comedy to pack as much into 22 minutes. The new season on Netflix errs far too much into smart puzzle over being funny. (It only gets really funny halfway through the season)

This season of Always Sunny has been excellent, their best in years. Loved Lethal Weapon 6! Took me a bit to realise that was Mac as the black cop, died when it started coming off in the shower scene and Dennis incredulously sees it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Deadlie wrote: »
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is my current fix. It's brilliant. Slow burning first series, but comedy gold after that. I got to this episode last night and nearly died laughing.

And if you haven't watch Bob's Burgers yet lads, do yourselves a favour. It's the best animated comedy since season 8 of the Simpsons.

It's always sunny just gets better and better, absolutely unbelievable.

Community is also back in business.

Seinfeld is always worth a rematch.

Louis cks show louie is a bit odd, but very funny as well.

D.Q wrote: »
    Louis cks show louie is a bit odd, but very funny as well.

I enjoy his stand up and his comedy but it was extremely heavy melodramatic in S2, far too serious for the bulk of the episodes. Struck me as a comedian trying to show his acting range instead of telling jokes.

It's always sunny just gets better and better, absolutely unbelievable.

Community is also back in business.

I think I gave up when everyone else did - season 3, I think?
    Worth going back, yeah? I was really only watching it for Troy & Abed and the Dean towards the end. The main guy and girl annoyed the hell outta me.

If you don't like the comedy style then you probably won't 180 on it. Like over the years the crew get more unruly and break out into arguments a lot. But especially with the McPoyles and this season in particular, there's some genius episodes.

did anyone else know/realise that Chrome puts a little speaker on a tab thats playing any audio. I just found it today, I thought it was mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Never really peeked in here but good to see people talking about always sunny in Philadelphia and arrested development. Took me a while to get into AR but when I did it was hilarious. Tobias must one of the strangest and greatest series in a series like this. Him sneaking around the house from the "blind" lawyer cracks me up.

Anyway just wondering if anyone has any good games or apps for the iPad only picked one up the other day so I'd trust your lads opinion than lads I don't know in the iPad forum. Willing to try most things have like 40 quid on my App Store account.

Reganio 2 wrote: »

Anyway just wondering if anyone has any good games or apps for the iPad only picked one up the other day so I'd trust your lads opinion than lads I don't know in the iPad forum. Willing to try most things have like 40 quid on my App Store account.

Plants Vs Zombies 2 is seriously addictive. You kinda have to use your brain in it now since they got rid of the garlic plant! Other than that I'd use Fotmob for the football scores, Football Live Stream for watching games (and wwe) and Spotify and TuneIn Radio for musics!

Oh, and there's this WWE app, I've heard mentioned once or twice. I'd tell you if it was any use, but I don't know how to download the damn thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Plants Vs Zombies 2 is seriously addictive. You kinda have to use your brain in it now since they got rid of the garlic plant! Other than that I'd use Fotmob for the football scores, Football Live Stream for watching games (and wwe) and Spotify and TuneIn Radio for musics!

Thanks very much. I need something for the scores and I only just downloaded spotify this morning it's awesome. Thanks again

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I enjoy his stand up and his comedy but it was extremely heavy melodramatic in S2, far too serious for the bulk of the episodes. Struck me as a comedian trying to show his acting range instead of telling jokes.

Yeah I'd agree to a point. It has an unusual tone. But I like it it's different. I find it equal parts funny and sad. The tonight show episodes at the end of season 3 really get that balance right I feel.

I think I gave up when everyone else did - season 3, I think?
    Worth going back, yeah? I was really only watching it for Troy & Abed and the Dean towards the end. The main guy and girl annoyed the hell outta me.

Season 3 of community did go downhill a bit, 4 got worse again.. But the original creator is back now and the first three eps of season 5 have been great. Also, Mike from breaking bad is in it now.

Season 3 of community did go downhill a bit, 4 got worse again.. But the original creator is back now and the first three eps of season 5 have been great. Also, Mike from breaking bad is in it now.

Hah! I'll have to check that now. Can't imagine Mike in a comedy role, really. At least not in a slapsticky type of way.

Also, does anyone know anything about Final Cut Pro in here? I'm teaching myself here as I go and it's not the easiest thing, or else I have it arseways. Essentially, what I need to know is about 'auto multitracking', or something to that end.

Apparently there's this thing where the audio auto syncs and you can just click which cam to go to. I'm pasting and clipping here like an eejit. I've only done the one video so far (see here) but it took an AGE to do it. Would love if anyone knew anything about this her!

Chris O'Dowd's Moone Boy is very enjoyable too, Season 2 should be starting soon hopefully

Hah! I'll have to check that now. Can't imagine Mike in a comedy role, really. At least not in a slapsticky type of way.

Also, does anyone know anything about Final Cut Pro in here? I'm teaching myself here as I go and it's not the easiest thing, or else I have it arseways. Essentially, what I need to know is about 'auto multitracking', or something to that end.

Apparently there's this thing where the audio auto syncs and you can just click which cam to go to. I'm pasting and clipping here like an eejit. I've only done the one video so far (see here) but it took an AGE to do it. Would love if anyone knew anything about this her!

Hey Deadlie I'm an editor and I work with FCP if you download a piece of software called pluralise that'll sync it and turn it into a multi clip sequence for you. To do it manually I know I'd be better to show you.
    I'm Galway based if that's any good to you

Hey Deadlie I'm an editor and I work with FCP if you download a piece of software called pluralise that'll sync it and turn it into a multi clip sequence for you. To do it manually I know I'd be better to show you.
    I'm Galway based if that's any good to you

Cheers! Ill give that pluralise a go and if I'm stuck am I alright to give you a PM? Im pretty quick on the uptake so I wouldn't be a burden. Honest, mister!

• Advertisement

Cheers! Ill give that pluralise a go and if I'm stuck am I alright to give you a PM? Im pretty quick on the uptake so I wouldn't be a burden. Honest, mister!

Im open to any questions. Remember if your turning them into mp4 Use mpeg stream clip its free and better than compressor that is with FCP. What FCP are you using? 7 or X. I use 7 and have avoided X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Not sure if there are any Only Fools and Horses fans around here, but Roger Lloyd Pack, who played Trigger, passed away a couple of days ago.

RIP.

Im open to any questions. Remember if your turning them into mp4 Use mpeg stream clip its free and better than compressor that is with FCP. What FCP are you using? 7 or X. I use 7 and have avoided X

I've got X. Got a deal on it in college - 90% subsidised kinda thing and a load of programs. I've only used Photoshop and InDesign really, but now I've time I'm looking at the others.

I've got X. Got a deal on it in college - 90% subsidised kinda thing and a load of programs. I've only used Photoshop and InDesign really, but now I've time I'm looking at the others.

I wouldn't be able to help you with FCP X but look up creativecow.com that has good tutorials and tips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

For people looking for a new comedy show i'd highly recommend The League which is on Netflix. Based on a group of guys and a lady in a fantasy football league and it is full of foul mouthed trash talking and devious plots to ruin each others teams. Its hilarious!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement