Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Anyone watching the Chelsea United game at 4????

Im a United fan myself and I fear the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah i think this is the game that gives united a wake up call i sense a 3 or 4-0 to chelsea hope not though i'd rather a draw

United need a walk up call, if we draw or lose 1-0, the powers that be may not invest in the transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I'm happy enough. Spurs win and Adebayor looks like the striker we've needed for ages. After seeing him today, that AVB sacking just made a lot of sense. Defense was still very patchy at times. Still, best start for a Spurs manager in history (16 pts from 18)

It was 9/1 for Spurs/Chelsea/Everton treble this morning on PP. Was gonna throw a tenner at it, but I've a weird feeling United will pull out the stops for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

United fan as well i also fear the worst maybe sneak a draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

As an Arsenal fan, it's only a matter of time before Man City overtake us, but hoping United can take something from Chelsea anyway. Without RVP and Rooney though, a win is some ask.

Adebayor has to be like Tyson Kidd, most underutilised in the last 6 months. What on earth was AVB thinking, a world class striker there and making him train with the reserves?

Charisteas wrote: »
    Adebayor has to be like Tyson Kidd, most underutilised in the last 6 months. What on earth was AVB thinking, a world class striker there and making him train with the reserves?

He was out of form when he was dropped initially, then his brother died and they were very close. Ade said he fell into a slump and felt it difficult to get motivated again. He was asking for chances to play to prove himself and AVB still didn't want to play him.

Not surprising then that he bounced back. He has to prove himself to all the critics and he's constantly living to do his brother proud, he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Fairly happy with the start united have made except for Jones marking of Etoo for the goal.

Awesome second half display by Munster too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As a United fan, I'm contemplating finding a corner to curl up in and cry.

At least Januzaj looks good....

As a United fan, I'm contemplating finding a corner to curl up in and cry.

At least Januzaj looks good....

Still don't get not starting Fletcher either.

• Advertisement

Jones, typically, does a good job man marking the big threats in midfield.

Jones, typically, does a good job man marking the big threats in midfield.

I agree in theory but they r three pronged behind Etoo so let Fletch Carrick and Jones play.

Feck 2-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Pleased to announce that people weren't lying when they said The Shield is really good. Up to the fifth season now. I've had big spoiler thrown in my direction though by some absolute scumbag. It's one of those situations where it hasn't happened yet, doesn't look like happening for a while, but could be the big finale that everybody says is the best finale ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Pleased to announce that people weren't lying when they said The Shield is really good. Up to the fifth season now. I've had big spoiler thrown in my direction though by some absolute scumbag. It's one of those situations where it hasn't happened yet, doesn't look like happening for a while, but could be the big finale that everybody says is the best finale ever.

Great show. One of my favourite box sets.

Jack-Donaghy-Crying-Into-Pillow-30-Rock.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

If I tell you how I got spoiled it would probably re-affirm what you were told. So spoiler tag
    it was written about the Wrestling Observer

I'm going to read that in about 3 weeks.

So the department of education paid my brother for a day he didn't work. €120 quid, minus €40 in tax. So about €80 into his bank.

Now they are on at him to pay it back, which he obviously has no problem with. But on top of paying back €120 (despite not having the tax money), they want him to pay €50 in weird fees as well :confused: They want €170 back. Meaning they're trying to charge him for not working.

Our government, ladies and gentlemen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Please send that to a newspaper TSC!

• Advertisement

Thank feck that spoiler was the finale to season 5 of The Shield.

Just out of curiousity what was the spoiler you got?

The Series finale is the best in television. It leaves you feeling happy with investing in the show?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Just out of curiousity what was the spoiler you got?

The Series finale is the best in television. It leaves you feeling happy with investing in the show?
    S5
    When shane bombs Lem

They have the best cliffhangers I've seen on TV so I can only imagine how good the ending will be. Should be done by next weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

S5
    When shane bombs Lem

They have the best cliffhangers I've seen on TV so I can only imagine how good the ending will be. Should be done by next weekend.

Do NOT read my spoiler then.

Jack-Donaghy-Crying-Into-Pillow-30-Rock.gif

Easier to just quote this.

And after such a nice day football wise too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

That one an amazingly bad penalty shootout:eek:

Not sure what to make of the Mata signing, quality player but surely central midfield needs help?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What was there a penalty shoot out in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone watch amber. Christ rte owe me 4 hours

I've a photoshoot tomorrow at 6:30 in Dublin City Centre, and I got a call today to say the place I'd booked (a wine cellar type place), had to cancel on me. So I need somewhere kitch/odd in the City Centre that isn't busy and is down for this kinda stuff.

Anyone got any ideas?

Angron wrote: »
    What was there a penalty shoot out in?

League Cup semi-finals. United vs Sunderland.

Shootout ended 2-1 to Sunderland, when United missed 4 of their penalties :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Anyone watch amber. Christ rte owe me 4 hours

Like Batista's return very underwhelming :p

• Advertisement

As a United fan, can I just say...

Bbt_celebration-gif_medium.gif

He's a quality signing. Champions League football isn't out of their reach yet, this could greatly improve United's chances though. He walks onto that team as one of the top 3 players. Gonna be interesting when the front two are fit and Mata's working behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Meanwhile Milan sign Essien. Going downhill so fast & with such certainty we are face down in the drain at the bottom of said hill.

6 points off 4th is nothing considering how bad they've been this season. Spurs are no great shakes, Liverpool won't keep their form IMO and as much as I'd love to see Everton get 4th I just don't see them pulling it off.

I know it's great craic to see United struggle but they've had no luck at all. That'll change. Mata might be the man to bring it. Not Luke Shaw though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm a big fan of Mata. I'm very surprised Mourinho is letting him go. I think he's one of the best players in the Premier League.

6 points off 4th is nothing considering how bad they've been this season. Spurs are no great shakes, Liverpool won't keep their form IMO and as much as I'd love to see Everton get 4th I just don't see them pulling it off.

I know it's great craic to see United struggle but they've had no luck at all. That'll change. Mata might be the man to bring it. Not Luke Shaw though.

Begging for Liverpool to make a signing(a winger, a centre mid or a wing back not like we are Bayern like). Can't be just relying on one of if not the best player in the league to save us every week. If he goes in the summer.....I don't even wanna think what'll happen tbh.

seedorf-balotelli.gif

Balotelli and Seedorf have a moment that recounts mid 90`s memories of GTR watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air. The only high of AC Milan`s season.

Wow 10,000 posts & still my main highpoint was blaming those London riots on the lack of Fresh Prince of Bel Air repeats at the time.
    :D

GTR63 wrote: »
    Wow 10,000 posts & still my main highpoint was blaming those London riots on the lack of Fresh Prince of Bel Air repeats at the time.
    :D

Congrats on 10,000 posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've just been selected to appear on a quiz show on TV3 next month! Applied online and went for a trial run. They called me just now to confirm im booked for TV tapings. PW Boards representin'

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    I've just been selected to appear on a quiz show on TV3 next month! Applied online and went for a trial run. They called me just now to confirm im booked for TV tapings. PW Boards representin'

If Sundays on the fly hardcore match is anything to go by, youre good at improv! Hope the show allows you to use that skill of yours.

Brooks (Garth not Phil :p) mania hit Ireland today 3 dates for Croke Park sold out already, some tickets already on sale on donedeal and ebay way over priced

Omackeral wrote: »

Was that the lie one? Saw ads and meant to apply but never did. Grants and good luck.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Brooks (Garth not Phil :p) mania hit Ireland today 3 dates for Croke Park sold out already, some tickets already on sale on donedeal and ebay way over priced
    My thoughts on the matter.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's a new show I think. Called Pressure Point. There's 4 competitors and each time you answer a question right, you put a pressure point in the pot. Then you either play or pass. If you play and get it right , another point goes in the pot. If you pass, you assign the pressure point to an opponent. First to get ten pressure points is eliminated. Also, if you answer incorrectly, it's a pressure point to you.

Next round is fastest finger with the final three and last round is a head to head. In gonna go into business for myself and cut a scathing promo if I'm doing terribly :p

I was cheekily hoping for Take Me Out. Wouldn't do that show for any amount of money though.

I was cheekily hoping for Take Me Out. Wouldn't do that show for any amount of money though.

Voltwad was on that one

Voltwad was on that one

Was he?
    Braver man than me so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Got some for the Friday even though they appeared not to go through at first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Mate of mine was on that show. Can't remember if she got a date or not! I'd love to try that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement