Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Wrecked after two days of comic con! I'm in bits!

Im ragin I didnt go, totally forgot about it til I saw the Metro today.

I was basically like Homer when he was going to meet Mr T....

"Ill get a ticket later, Ill get a ticket later..... but when i wanted to get a ticket, the show was gone!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

The show was amazing! I went both days. One day as Hahstag_Heel, next day as joker.
    Didn't get any autographs (not paying €15 for one). Sat in on the Warrick Davis panel. Bought some comics, t-shirts, anime and chopsticks. Took photos with some people in my costume and capped it with watching Mainstage Wrestling put on a great show!

There's another con in August so you'll have that anyway. Also I'm crossing the fingers there'll be an OSW panel at it.

There's another con in August so you'll have that anyway. Also I'm crossing the fingers there'll be an OSW panel at it.

Plus 1 for that.

Sounds like you have a great time. I wouldnt have had time for it this weekend anyway, seeing people picture online is making me jealous though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm crossing the fingers there'll be an OSW panel at it.

That would be all types of awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

jaykhunter wrote: »
    That would be all types of awesome!

You should go for it! They're looking for panels afaik. Saw you talking about it the other night on the page too.

Anyway, I highly reccomend that everyone goes to MCM next year. I'm wrecked but it was well worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, my iPad just cracked. Just wanted to check had anyone here dealt with cracked screens in terms of repair costs? I got on to iPad chat, and they quoted me a max of 300 quid (which means it'd nearly be as cheap to buy a new one), and I've seen a few places do repairs but don't exactly advertise figures :/

Anyone any experience dealing with iPad repairs and costs?

I'd say go into a Chinese phone shop and ask them. I got my iPhone glass replaced for €50 within like 2 hours. I'm certain you can find one that does iPads too. I checked around for 'Irish' places and they were always far more expensive with much longer wait times.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd say go into a Chinese phone shop and ask them. I got my iPhone glass replaced for €50 within like 2 hours. I'm certain you can find one that does iPads too. I checked around for 'Irish' places and they were always far more expensive with much longer wait times.

+ 1

Cant say enough about these lads. Crack my HTC a year ago and a new screen in an hour for 35 quid. Place in talbot street did it for me.

The Chinese : A great bunch of lads!

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The Chinese : A nice bunch of lads!

BRILLIANT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Have you any Eastern European repair stores? They're done the same for a friend of mine for 30 and have fixed my ipods and laptops on many occasions for dirt cheap.

Eastern Europeans: Get a bad rep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Laptop has died.:(

So old, and so much money fixing it over the years ah well.:(

So I need a new one, where online would ye get the best deals?

Did have a look at adverts, but not sure if it is a smart idea buying of their n matter how good the feedback is.

Yes folks, I am on a budget:P

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

So I missed out on a job with the NME in the past few weeks, but got a call from Front Magazine about a potential position. I spent the day taking pictures of topless ladies for a trial today. It went well.

And the pictures weren't bad either!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Deadlie wrote: »
    So I missed out on a job with the NME in the past few weeks, but got a call from Front Magazine about a potential position. I spent the day taking pictures of topless ladies for a trial today. It went well.

And the pictures weren't bad either!

Think i speak for the whole PW Forum we will need proof of these "Pictures" ;);););)

Think i speak for the whole PW Forum we will need proof of these "Pictures" ;);););)

I promise I'll post some after they're submitted to the mag!

(Won't embed picture since it's so big...)

http://37.media.tumblr.com/83d9f10be8caa0192a06fddef5c672e7/tumblr_n46unh2ZAQ1qdxepho8_1280.jpg

Picture that makes me sad :( I know it's likely I never would have, but I'd have loved to have visited that Achievement Hunter office some day :( I know they'll have new ones, but that will be the first.

(Won't embed picture since it's so big...)

http://37.media.tumblr.com/83d9f10be8caa0192a06fddef5c672e7/tumblr_n46unh2ZAQ1qdxepho8_1280.jpg

Picture that makes me sad :( I know it's likely I never would have, but I'd have loved to have visited that Achievement Hunter office some day :( I know they'll have new ones, but that will be the first.

Sure Achievement City looks like it's gonna be torn down too! :p

Its amazing how they make money. Lads recording, editing and freely publishing videos. Its gas craic, but as a business it baffles me with its impressiveness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

I don't get the picture

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's the old office of Achievement Hunter, I guess they are moving out.

Angron wrote: »
    It's the old office of Achievement Hunter, I guess they are moving out.

Not a clue what that is.

cena wrote: »
    I don't get the picture

Rooster Teeth, an online entertainment company, are moving offices, upgrading from...

dangitgavin513d0cd32e64e.jpg

to...

1395691872_stage5.jpg

The first picture I posted is the Achievement Hunter office, where they film their Lets Play videos. Was a small office with 8 people working in it, churning out some amazing videos and making boatloads of cash :P They are moving to a bigger place now, but I'm sad they are leaving the old office.
    Its amazing how they make money. Lads recording, editing and freely publishing videos. Its gas craic, but as a business it baffles me with its impressiveness.

It really is brilliant how they've made it a business which employs nearly 100 people and looking to expand.

Lucky that Microsoft didn't kill it in their first stages by forcing Youtube to take down Red vs Blue.

EDIT: To add...

Rooster Teeth Website

Achievement Hunter Website

• Advertisement

Any PW techies able to help me out or recommend what to do

Windows 7 RunDLL Error on Startup

When i log into my laptop i get this message

There was a problem starting dhjw.cpp . The specificed module could not be found.

Ive tried the manual reboot but didnt work and am worried it maybe a virus instead of a programme on the actual laptop

I was told to download http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

Do people recommend that/is it safe or not.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

Googling that file name only seems to being up this thread and the one you asked on Microsoft answers - the guys advice there is solid and malware bytes is known to be trustworthy, safe and usually pretty effective - run it and see how you get on anyway!

Although maybe you should double check the spelling and make sure that's the exact name of the dodgy file!

JrdanB wrote: »
    Googling that file name only seems to being up this thread and the one you asked on Microsoft answers - the guys advice there is solid and malware bytes is known to be trustworthy, safe and usually pretty effective - run it and see how you get on anyway!

Although maybe you should double check the spelling and make sure that's the exact name of the dodgy file!

Cheers , yea its a weird file name alright but that is the correct name . Ill prob give Malware bytes just wanted to make sure people have heard of it before just incase

Cheers again

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

No idea why i wandered in here, might as well hang around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is there actually people hired especially to ensure a packet of biscuits must contain broken biscuits? Successful applicants must possess Frank Dux like ability to break only select biscuits without damaging surrounding biscuits.

Finally booked my Theory Test . Have been avoiding it for way to long ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think this is my new home for wrestling discussion.

I am actually forum moderator on a different wrestling forum, but recently i have grown tired of that forum so i decided to be more active on this forum instead for the past few weeks.

Far less trolls and a**holes on this forum.

(Sorry if this is wrong place).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

What is the other forum as a matter of interest? ;)

Finally booked my Theory Test . Have been avoiding it for way to long ha

When is the test? I had to take it twice and pass the driving test first go.

I have faint you well pass it all first time

• Advertisement

What is the other forum as a matter of interest? ;)

Would that be against the rules of this forum?

mxph3 wrote: »
    Would that be against the rules of this forum?

I'm don't think would be. Sure one of the mods well remove it if they have to.

cena wrote: »
    When is the test? I had to take it twice and pass the driving test first go.

I have faint you well pass it all first time

The 7th of June , Didnt want to do it till after my exams were over on the 20th of May . Yea fingers crossed i pass it then i can hopefully get a car during the summer and go from there

Theory test is quite easy, just practice questions on theory test CD and you will be fine.

mxph3 wrote: »
    Theory test is quite easy, just practice questions on theory test CD and you will be fine.

Yea thats my plan anyways just keeping doing the practice exams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I used this site:
    http://www.quizglobal.com/ViewQuizByID.aspx?QuizID=161

Took note of anything I kept getting wrong and went over them the most. Got 38 out of 40 in the real thing without ever opening the book :pac:

• Advertisement

The book is probably the best way to learn IMO. There's questions that mightn't be covered that you'll need to know anyways when you're driving. The book covers cars and motorbikes so you probably only need to read half of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If Moyes goes we riot.

would be absurd to trust him for another season after such a wretched season.

Although would be hilarious to see the reaction of United fans if Giggs replaces him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Giggs til the end of the season is perfectly fine. Giggs getting the job on a permanent basis would be a crazy appointment.

• Advertisement

I call shenanigans on Moyes being sacked,

Giggs til the end of the season is perfectly fine. Giggs getting the job on a permanent basis would be a crazy appointment.

But hilarious!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ah no! Moyes has been a pleasure to deal with all year. Love his post match "I thought we played well" promos we're heartwarming. I wish him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

What a glorious day if he goes.

Be my best day in quite some time if it's true. And don't think Sky would be reporting on it so heavily if it wasn't about to happen.

To be replaced by the most successful manager available: Louis Van Gaal of 90's fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

<p>
    To be replaced by the most successful manager available: Louis Van Gaal of 90's fame.
    </p><p>I'm confused, isn't he going continuing the trend of unlikeable Spurs managers. Plus he has to butcher the World Cup with the bitchy Dutch team first.</p>

All about this man.

2090f375b6ddf95e409582a6f29438b6_large

Can't see Klopp going to United at all.

It would be a bit silly Jurgen Klopp joining as manager of Manchester United, when he only signed a new contract with Borussia Dortmund only a few months ago.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement