Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Stupid fox - they also cancelled Lie to me! And I loved that show!

F*ck you Murdock!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CMpunked wrote: »
    It finished up about 2 months (?) ago and then during this week fox cancelled it.
    Assumed it was on one of those seemingly random breaks that American shows take mid season. Had the first 10 episodes already so I'll get the last three and watch it over the summer. Any new shows I really enjoy seem to get cancelled. Chaos was a recent one, Man Up too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

God I miss Reaper it sounds like a crap idea but its ace in execution + missy peregrym is so hawt. Game of Thrones season 2 has been a bit of a disappointment imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

CMpunked wrote: »
    I'm in beamount hosp at the moment with the gf. She's gonna be residential here for a week or so. and then regularly every few weeks.

Sorry to hear that dude. Even though we didn't chat much at Wrestlemania in Captains, I did notice she looked very healthy and was really enjoying the show, hope she makes a full recovery.

Well since Walking Dead has finished for another year, I decided to give Homeland a look but found it incredibly tedious to follow (even though the wife in it is gorgeous), now I have turned my attention towards a series called 'Touch'.

It stars Keifer Sutherland from 24, Jacob's brother from Lost, and Danny Glover. Also it's wrote by Tim Kring who wrote Heroes.

It's all based around numbers, sequences, coincidence, everything happening at an exact moment in time for a reason type of thing. The first couple of episodes are interesting, but after having now watched the first five shows, the series on a whole doesn't seem to have any final direction to it. Every episode seems to be the same basic plot of several small stories in different countries linking together at the end of the episode but without building towards a bigger picture. Most of the episode is really just Jack Bauer having to be a certain place at a certain time without really knowing why. Will keep giving it a watch though, see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

tumblr_m3p5iivs4X1rumwdeo1_500.gif
    I caught up with Game Of Thrones earlier, superb series probably the best US show since The Wire. Anyways I did yes yes quite a bit to the above scene. Only downside to this season so far is Robb who is very bland and your wan with the Dragons marching and ranting, but her storyline picked up in the last episode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Waiting for the day when King Joffrey gets a royal ass whupping,hate that little prick

EdK wrote: »
    Waiting for the day when King Joffrey gets a royal ass whupping,hate that little prick

Aye,a proper heel who gets real heat.:pac:
    The chap who plays him and does a superb job I have been told is 19 and goes to college in Trinity.:eek: Meant to be a sound lad as well.

The whole cast is superb to be fair, Gillen (Petyr Baelish), Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Lena headley (Cersei Lannister) and the two kids who play Bran and Ayra probably deserve the most credit if I had to pick the best. :o

EDIT... Jerome is great as well...

Rjd2 wrote: »
    your wan with the Dragons marching and ranting, but her storyline picked up in the last episode!

She is very pretty though. Find the new series a bit of a slog there are just so many characters it feels like they are almost slowing down the story progression.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I think this is an hilarious show, just found out about it bout 20 mins ago. I love english impressions shows anyway. Some spot on impressions in it, especially the Natalie cassidy one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just watched the Avengers and although I could get labeled as cynical seing as Ive studied movies etc in College I usually can switch that analytical part of my brain off. However I didnt honestly think it was as great as everyone else seems to think. Hulk did steal the show though with his few little bits and it was fun in general so id say anyone who is a fan of that type of movie should get enjoyment out of it. Guess Loki just didnt resonate with me as the Villan of the piece and im never impressed when the main storyline revolves around something like the
    awesome energy source that defys our technology and yet can be used for whatever destructive purpose fits the need of the plot especially not when it also involves a potential horde of no name bad guys taking over earth (atleast ones we dont really give 2 sh*ts about as they dont have much of a backstory)
    . Personally think that a bad guy from outside of the Thor realm of the Marvel universe will work much better in a sequel.

Game of thrones on the other hand is still awesome. Yes id agree that maybe its slightly harder watching as now there are far more seperate storylines going on at once but as each one gets more fleshed out and starts to interconnect more with the others that is less of an issue. The ones with Tyrian & Ayria (my spellings, never really checked the proper ones so maybe wrong) seem to be the most interesting atm but I think thats more as they are ones that dont seem more like seperate storylines atm.

Jeoffry is an awesome heel as said but one thing I didnt actually like is the more supernatural element that has been introduced, for example when the black shadow type thing killed one of the wannabe kings (too tired to explain that one better but ill assume you know if youve seen it).

Charisteas wrote: »
    Well since Walking Dead has finished for another year, I decided to give Homeland a look but found it incredibly tedious to follow (even though the wife in it is gorgeous), now I have turned my attention towards a series called 'Touch'.

Stick with Homeland, it's class. The first few episodes really just set everything up. The second half of the season is great.

The ending isn't that great. Obviously meant to be a cliff hanger, but was more of a cliff look over. It's like they weren't planning a second season but then got given one so had to tie them together somehow. Assuming it got a second season, if not, it was a crap ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Cancellations are the bane of tv these days most seem to wrap things up at the end of a season hurriedly now incase they never come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

EdK wrote: »
    Cancellations are the bane of tv these days most seem to wrap things up at the end of a season hurriedly now incase they never come back

Person of Interest, Community and Cougar Town renewed I'm happy :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just won 20c on Britain's Got Talent...

• Advertisement

Just watched the Avengers [...] Guess Loki just didnt resonate with me as the Villan of the piece. Game of thrones on the other hand is still awesome [...] but one thing I didnt actually like is the more supernatural element that has been introduced, for example when the black shadow type thing killed one of the wannabe kings (too tired to explain that one better but ill assume you know if youve seen it).

I couldn't buy Loki as a serious villain as well and Robert Downey JR was just unbearable in it, way to smug and not at all amusing. Obviously not as bad as he in Sherlock but still pretty unbearable.

On G.O.T, I expected that as well their has always been supernatural stuff in it. Only weak link for me is Robb as his storyline is dull and I don't rate the actor much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Loki wasn't meant to be the serious villain though.
    He was used to get the Tesseract. Loki wanted to take over earth as he wanted to rule them, for some reason he thought earth needed him to take over to stop war. He was demented and Hiddleston plays him really well

Downey is fantastic as Iron Man. He plays a dick - but a billionaire genius who became a super hero thanks to designing a suit is probably going to have an ego to match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

QPR are owed around 50 million blowjobs right now from all you United fans

You were saying?

Ugh. Disgusted.

QPR are owed around 50 million blowjobs right now from all you United fans

Hope United fans didn't premature ejaculate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

YEESSSSS! COME OOONNNNN! NOW IT'S ONLY 3 MONTHS UNTIL THE WHOLE THING STARTS AGAIN FROM SCRATCH!

boring final day

Delighted Bolton and Blackburn both got relegated.

Hey it was your choice to unzip early :pac:

Didn't think City would score never mind win but when they did it was like QPR knew they were up & gave up. Liverpool lose yet again, I hope its Kenny's last game in charge. This season has been a total disaster, now even the channel are even on about Alonso oh FFS. Glad Arsenal finished 3rd. Inzaghi got the winner in the LEGIT end of era game at Milan. Bolton relegated good.

I'd have rathered QPR went down instead of Bolton but everything else went the right way today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thank goodness that season is over. My heart couldn't take much more of that. Gutted about the result but that's football. Congrats to City supporters.

I hope Ireland can have some moments of joy like that in June.

I hope Ireland can have some moments of joy like that in June.

What winning the euros? Think if we get out of a tricky group we could get a semi spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well I'd settle for just being in with a chance of getting through the group as it's going to be very tough. Would be great if we could knock off Croatia and take it to the last game.

Looking forward to the Euros though. Just hope O'Shea will make it as I saw him go off in the Sunderland game.

Joey Barton:

The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me...

...Never worked but god loves a trier. #reallynotbother #wearesafe

God love the man.

Just put five quid on France to win Euros; I think Germany or Spain will win it, but France offers (imo) the best odds for their chances. Also have Benzema or Lewandowski to be top scorer of the competition.

• Advertisement

The hatred in his face when he attacked was scary, needs to be banned for months, it was a bloody assault.:mad:

Bet that Barton will post one of those traveller call out videos this week calling out Kompany, Tevez or Aguero.

Allbf.jpg?1

Forget Silva/GSP, Mayweather/Manny or Galway/Mayo because the people want to see Barton/Ballotelli. Hopefully a nice build could lead to many buys.

Maybe it was my 5th time watching it but I got some laugh out of Joey yesterday just the weasely face he pulled kneein Aguero in the arse(whats the obsession with that lately) then Tyler said 'I suspect we won't be seeing him for quite some time'. Wouldn't you love if Barton somehow made the England squad it'd be priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I have to say though, Tevez did sucker Barton in with handbags and Barton stupidly lashed out, and all the refs saw was the elbow. Cue Tevez rolling around the pitch like the Joker just sprayed boiling acid in his eyes. I absolutely hate that shít! Played him perfectly.

I swear I thought Barton was gonna punch the ref after he got sent off! He had the crazy eyes! He looked like what he did was the absolute minimum :p Agüero dropped like he was shot in the spine after getting a light tap in the arse by Barton. I in no way condone Barton's action -all of this is deplorable- but if you're gonna get a 9-match suspension u might as well get your money's worth ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Barton is obviously stupid though, ''who should I try and get sent off with me. I know I will have a kick at the little foreign lad, he will fight back''.

No Joey, he will fall and roll like he caught on fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

One does wonder did Barton do it on purpose, what with being a City ex player and a Liverpool supporter I am sure he would of hated United winning the league.

But it was an amazing ending to the game, glad I went to the pub to watch it though, just made it all the more exciting :D

joey barton going off on his twitter about shearer and having a bit of a spat with lineker also.

i got a chuckle out of this though

glwp8.png

seriously though, Id love for QPR to terminate his contract and barton just ****s off to the championship

• Advertisement

Barton is gas but is clearly unbalanced. As someone said earlier why did he go for Aguero when looking for them to retaliate its not as if City have a team of hardmen that would get in his face. Gary Neville on the English coaching staff could you imagine the drychat between him and Rhoy boy. Will he bring the Parrot who he presents with on Sky.

Ruud van Nistelrooy retires and Del Piero also gone at Juventus - two legends

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ruud van Nistelrooy retires and Del Piero also gone at Juventus - two legends

Inzaghi, Nesta, Seedorf, Zambrotta and Gattuso also gone at Milan....sniff.
    Big Eck is gone from Villa doubt there is even one Villa fan upset at that.

sure everyone knew 3 months ago that he was getting the sack at the end of the season, no matter the outcome. that team and staff needs a complete overhaul as half of the players dont give a shít about the team any more and are just collecting their wages.

they played their best football of the season when keano was with them though funnily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Textbook missile dropkick, great selling:

http://imgur.com/8IDif

Considering the conditions the landing was very good. Could have gone face first into the truck.

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Barton is obviously stupid though, ''who should I try and get sent off with me. I know I will have a kick at the little foreign lad, he will fight back''.

No Joey, he will fall and roll like he caught on fire.
    He seemed to back away from Kompany VERY quickly. Obviously realised he wasnt the guy to mess with.

Galway vs Roscommon kicking of the 2012 GAA Championship on rte. At least it ain't the UFC this year, NOBODY enjoys those games.

UFC does not involved boring grappling contests for you non-GAA fans (shame on ye BTW)

Just back from seeing the Dictator. Pretty funny film I must say!

Was expecting it to be like Borat or Bruno though, in that they were mockumentarys, but this was a more traditional comedy film. Still good enough.

Kenny gone at Liverpool

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement