Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Charisteas wrote: »
    Won't be watching any of the games but hoping wins for Bayern, Ulster, and West Ham.

You've changed since scoring the winner against Portugal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

You've changed since scoring the winner against Portugal

And yet I still havn't been picked for the Euro 2012 squad even though I scored a last minute winner against Georgia to earn us qualification :mad:

Just looking through the Euro squads now.

Germany squad looks very young yet still very experienced. Podolski is listed as the oldest midfielder and he's only 27. Probably my favourites to win it this year.

England have 9 midfielders but only 3 forwards for the first 2 games, surprised they didn't take 8 midfielders and Crouch.

France midfield looks super strong but I would worry about their defense and if Benzema gets injured. Surprised Koscielny made their squad. Same with Holland, could be weak at the back.

Spanish squad too early to discuss because Barcelona, Bilbao, and Chelsea players haven't been included yet.

The Croatia squad has a few star names but should make for an interesting first game against Ireland. Can't see Italy getting further than quarter-finals.

Also can't see either of the hosts Poland or Ukraine getting out of their groups.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Why not Poland? The three Dortmund lads in particular will be very confident.

Hard to look past the Germans this time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

DM-ICE wrote: »

Hard to look past the Germans this time round.

'Don't underestimate the Germans' shut up will you Toshack...Germany's squad is strong alrite. Poland are in the group of life so a quarter final spot is a realistic target. Italy, Portugal and England squads didn't impress me a lot.

DM-ICE wrote: »

Any of the four teams in Group A can qualify, makes it the most exciting group for me but I just think Greece and Russia will go through.

• Advertisement

Nearly half an hour gone and this is very poor stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I don't often watch football, so when I do it's good to see that guy who scored get the del rio treatment by the announcer on the PA.

Love that this is the most exciting Champions League ever when United were knocked out in the group stage. Only the Heineken Cup matched it for excitement this season.

Love that this is the most exciting Champions League ever when United were knocked out in the group stage. Only the Heineken Cup matched it for excitement this season.

Robben has been great tonite(cough bull****). Although tbf Gomez and Ribery also did nothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

lol Neuer. Legend.

• Advertisement

Puke, as a Milan fan I give Bayern a pat on the back for blowing it.

You have to be really **** to lose a European Cup final a home to a Chelsea team with Bertrand and Kalou starting.

Cech was so close to saving nearly every penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Had to turn off the tele before I put my foot through it. However all hostilities aside well done to Chelsea they won it the hard way. Those this mean that Spurs and 'Arry don't have C.L football next season?

Had to turn off the tele before I put my foot through it. However all hostilities aside well done to Chelsea they won it the hard way. Those this mean that Spurs and 'Arry don't have C.L football next season?

No Champ League for Harry he'll be on 3e next year with me, Phil Babb and Jay Spearing.Thanks DLH for trying to cheer us up, take that arry.....OH NO! they are going to link Harry to Liverpool now.
    Meant to say this earlier Congrats to Leinster on the Heineken Cup pity Ulster didn't do themselves justice but 5 Irish Champs in 7 years is a AMAZING achievement for our humble little isle....we are a isle right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Fair play to Chelsea but they really had so much luck to win this.

I wish John Terry would **** off now. :mad:

No Totnumb in CL next season.

xcrui8.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

You can't write the drama in sport!

unreal. Ashley Cole was great.

to come back and equalise, survive the pen in extra time, come back from missing the first peno was amazing.

John Terry lifting the title was the ultimate embarrassment to Harry Redknapp missing out on the Champions League when he claimed they were title contenders, when they lost the FA Cup semi-final and when they were mauled at the Emirates. Another Europa League for Spurs :D

Harry Redknapp missing out on the Champions League when he claimed they were title contenders.

Liverpool came closer to the title this year than them. It was laughable when he suggested it and even more baffling when the media never called him out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Very happy with (now yesterdays) results. Leinster win by demolishing Ulster & Chelsea finally won the Champions League.

I couldn't watch those penalties until Drogba's one. It felt so fitting that he took the last one :D

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

http://www.wrestlingname.com/

What's yours? Mine is Sergeant Dark Shadow.

Was hoping for The Green Bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

image.php?u=2512&dateline=1244229706

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Think I remember that from before

My Name - Sonic Crippler
    Lucha Libre - Doctor Sombra Oscura
    Diva - Beautiful Maid

BH - Sonic Blade
    Lucha BH - Atomico Matador
    BH Diva - Jane Nurse

they are obviously more interesting when real famous names are entered like

Jake Roberts = Druggie Fool, Scott Hall = Drunken Idiot, or X Pac = He went full Retard, Chyna = Retarded Mess, Kevin nash = Big Dumb No-Talent Jerk, Carltio = Your not cool, Brooke Hogan = Tone Deaf, john cena = Yes, I can see you, but I don't want to! brock lesnar = Pwned by Overeem, kane = MAY 19th!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

was just watching sports centre there on ESPN, and that tit jonathon coachman and some other chap was on it. They covered the champions league final in literally 20 seconds, with lots of mistakes in the report, including saying robben was the first to miss a penalty in the shoot out.

They also continued the tradition on sports centre of sniggering at "soccer" and laughing at misses and tackles and passing little remarks at the sport. Like when shweinsteiger hit the post in the shoot out, they went "wow, what a shot look at that" or something like that.

Not sure why it bothers me so much, but im guessing Sports centre is pretty much anti football.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

You have to be really **** to lose a European Cup final a home to a Chelsea team with Bertrand and Kalou starting.

Cech was so close to saving nearly every penalty.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It wasn't really a huge advantage playing at home, save for the fact they didn't have to travel very far. Tickets were sold 50/50 as if any teams were in the final.

DJKendo wrote: »
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It wasn't really a huge advantage playing at home, save for the fact they didn't have to travel very far. Tickets were sold 50/50 as if any teams were in the final.

They were sold as 50/50 but a lot more Bayern fans were there. With their own fans behind them for the penalties too. Taking nothing away from Cech though.

Oh and also :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They were sold as 50/50 but a lot more Bayern fans were there. With their own fans behind them for the penalties too. Taking nothing away from Cech though.

Oh and also :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bayern were in their own City which must be a advantage. Galway won handily today against Roscommon, i'm already plotting our parade route. I kid, I kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,984 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

J. Marston wrote: »

Mine were, Male - Lord Killer Diva - Diamond Dutchess

GTR63 wrote: »
    Bayern were in their own City which must be a advantage. Galway won handily today against Roscommon, i'm already plotting our parade route. I kid, I kid.

That's sam in the bag anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

J. Marston wrote: »

Using my real name: Professor Hogan

Using deisedude: Grizzly Butcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

R.I.P Robin Gibb :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sad news, Robin Gibb (of the Bee Gees) died during surgery at 62. He had colon cancer that spread to his liver.
    Robin Gibb, one of the three singing brothers of the Bee Gees, the long-running Anglo-Australian pop group whose chirping falsettos and hook-laden disco hits like “Jive Talkin’ ” and “You Should Be Dancing” shot them to worldwide fame in the 1970s, died on Sunday in London. He was 62 and lived in Thame, Oxfordshire, England.

The cause was complications of cancer and intestinal surgery, his family said in a statement.

Mr. Gibb had been hospitalized for intestinal problems several times in the last two years. Cancer had spread from his colon to his liver, and in the weeks before his death he contracted pneumonia and for a while was in a coma.

Full article here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Was looking through my PS3 games earlier and found two still in their packaging. Never opened, didn't even even know I had them! :o

Guess I'll give one of them a shot after LA Noire :D

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Was looking through my PS3 games earlier and found two still in their packaging. Never opened, didn't even even know I had them! :o

Guess I'll give one of them a shot after LA Noire :D

What games are they?
    Barely played anything the last fortnite, have the Witcher 2 unwrapped but everytime I go to play it my rickety old 20GB 360 heats up and revs like ****. Played the tutorial and i'm not really into it tbh.
    What are you making of LA Noire btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I've gotten pretty sucked in to PC gaming over the last few weeks having been glued to BF3 on the Xbox for the past year. Really enjoying it and there's always really cheap deals for games on so it doesn't take long to build up quite a library of games.

Currently playing a mod called DayZ for Arma 2 which is basically an online map of between 50-70 players struggling for survival. It's unbelievable and unlike anything I've ever played before, highly recommend it!

I have such a backlog of games to go through though, have to stop buying new ones and just play what I have!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Army of Two: 40 days and Assassins Creed.

LA Noire is quality, but I keep getting the questions wrong in the interrogations. Probably get about half of them wrong every time :o The first interrogation you have to get right, you can't go on until you do. You have three options, it took me three go's to get it right :pac:

The auto aim took a while to get used to. Thought it would be like GTA and follow the target, but it doesn't. It auto locks but once they move you have to move the aim with them to hit them.

I'm on my third partner now, I'm convinced the second one did something that I'll find out later in the story. Just seems like a dodgy fcuker with the way he was acting.

If you've never played it, you should. I got it in smyths for €15.

Also, 20GB? Join us in the present day some time soon! :p

Finished LA Noire when it was released last year I enjoyed it, reminded me of a far more serious Phoenix Wright. As far as my 20GB Xbox goes I won't buy a new one until there is another price cut, can't justify buying a replacement for something that already works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

First one in ages, sensational in summer:)
    What's everyone's favorite ice cream anyways?:o
    Magnum%20White%20v2.jpg

GTR63 wrote: »
    Finished LA Noire when it was released last year I enjoyed it, reminded me of a far more serious Phoenix Wright. As far as my 20GB Xbox goes I won't buy a new one until there is another price cut, can't justify buying a replacement for something that already works.

Youd be better trading it in now and getting a few quid for it against a new one instead of waiting until it packs in and if its heating up like mad and revving and not letting up then its only a matter of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

CMpunked wrote: »
    Youd be better trading it in now and getting a few quid for it against a new one instead of waiting until it packs in and if its heating up like mad and revving and not letting up then its only a matter of time.

Can't say I agree. I'm rocking the 20GB one too but have since gotten a 120GB HDD for it. You'll be lucky to get even €50 for a 20GB one at this stage.

Might as well just use it until it goes. Mine's almost 6 years old at this stage and despite 1 RROD is going strong so I've gotten the value out of it despite the fact I paid around €600 for it in a bundle at the time. The newest ones are less than €200!

• Advertisement

lol i've still got the 20GB one as well. Can't fit anything else on it after DLC etc. One RRoD but it's still going. Hopefully it'll keep chugging until the 720 comes out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

The weirdest thing happened to me playing Skyrim just after christmas. I was in between quests, loving the game, when suddenly, I just thought, whats the point? Im going to go and do this, and then I'll do something else etc etc just repeating the same formula in a fictional world.

Sold my xbox later that week and haven't felt in any way inclined to play any sort of game since. Even stuff I used to love like football manager etc.

Woah, maybe gaming doesn't do it for you any more, but I'd purport that maybe Skyrim wasn't doing it for you, massive game, do this, go here, get loot, sell loot etc. I quickly got bored of it myself (and just watched Game of Thrones instead :p). Far too much game time when you're just left to it, not enough plot, and certainly not enough to keep me involved/interested. That's me though. You're supposed to be immersed in the world (much like a movie, only it's much better since it's interactive!) but if it doesn't do the trick, yep, stop.

A break from gaming sounds like a good plan. If u feel the itch I'd recommend playing a completely different kind of game. Or at least something with a challenging plot, fresh setting & less-standard gaming tropes.

I picked up Ghost Trick : Phantom Detective for the DS there the other day. You're a ghost (a guy who's just been killed) and he can see other people who just died, and rewind time 4 minutes before their death; with the ability to manipulate some objects around him and change people's fate. So it's a twist on a puzzle game. Very different than the usual 3rd person action/adventure i'm used to playing. If u can get a hold of a DS (or sail the high seas on a pc) u should check it out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yeah it was the weirdest thing, because I'd always loved games. Then suddenly, something clicked and I just didn't enjoy them at all. I just couldnt suspend disbelief and immerse myself in it, and I'd always particularly liked the big RPGs and up until that moment, was loving Skyrim!

I wish I could reverse it tbh, I often find myself at a loss to do something other than play guitar or head out at the weekends!

That happened me with COD. Only thing thats different is i'm pretty crap at fps games. So the want not to play it anymore was a pretty easy one to come to.

Good idea in taking some time out from gaming, its always good and makes enjoying games which do grab your attention much more rewarding.
    And now is doubly good, get your thumbs ready for GTA5. :D

20 years on and nothing has changed. Ever have one of those days where you get told something which just upsets you so absolutely, you just wonder why you even bother with people and the whole "trying to be part of a group" malarky...

20 years on and nothing has changed. Ever have one of those days where you get told something which just upsets you so absolutely, you just wonder why you even bother with people and the whole "trying to be part of a group" malarky...

Y'alright, brother? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

D.Q wrote: »
    Yeah it was the weirdest thing, because I'd always loved games. Then suddenly, something clicked and I just didn't enjoy them at all. I just couldnt suspend disbelief and immerse myself in it, and I'd always particularly liked the big RPGs and up until that moment, was loving Skyrim!

I wish I could reverse it tbh, I often find myself at a loss to do something other than play guitar or head out at the weekends!

Maybe it will come back to you. I didn't touch my ps3 for months about two years ago. At the time I felt like I'd just grown out of video games and had no interest in anything. Then Red Dead Redemption came out and a friend convinced me I'd love it, so I gave it go and found it epic and have been back gaming regularly since.

Y'alright, brother? :(

Long story short, I was asked to participate in a work thing last week. Since I've felt like an outsider since I started, I was thrilled. Been looking forward to it all week. Then today I was told that they had to cut the numbers (by one), and so I need not "worry" about participating. :/ So once again, I'm left out in the cold...

Nah i'm going to run it into the ground, as others have said a 20gb 360 with no Hdmi port isn't worth scrap to trade. As far as getting bored with games, I just felt playing Arkham City, Uncharted 3, Gears 3 that I was just playing their prequels again with barely any improvement. Barely played FIFA 12 but i'm putting that down to not liking how the season went.
    Anyone play Max Payne 3 yet?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement