Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Best of luck cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Remember to bust out a "YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH" line.
    But no seriously, hope all goes in your father's favor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Thanks lads means a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

best of luck with that cena. Must be an awful affair that's dragged on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cena wrote: »
    Its family stuff. My father has got alzheimer's the last few years and we carried on his court case for him from an accident in work he had.

Good luck with it all Cena

jaykhunter wrote: »
    best of luck with that cena. Must be an awful affair that's dragged on

It just seems to be going. All the lads that worked him have left the country he was working on the port tunnel at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Good luck in Court tomorrow Cena just randomly shout OBJECTION! and ask questions over and over again.
    If Milan lose both Ibra and Silva to PSfu*kinG I think i will cry
    :'-(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Last night in America. Horrible day tomorrow. 36 hours of traveling between sleeps :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Best of luck in court tomorrow Cena,give em hell!

• Advertisement

I well let ye know tomorrow how it went.

But thanks again lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Just wanna say thanks again guys for your kind words and support. Bruno is asleep now, was very peacefull and he just went to sleep in our arms and that was that.

In Orlando airport standing for 30 mins. Go to the toilet and come back to find my brother going nuts saying a TNA guy walked past. Doesnt know who but he reckons it was Roode. Gutted I missed him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The tag line for the Dark Knight Rises is The Legend Ends. Does that mean they are finishing the series after three movies? Better not do another poxy reboot in a few years time like Spiderman. Still have probably dozens of villians they could use, no need for it to end/reboot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The tag line for the Dark Knight Rises is The Legend Ends. Does that mean they are finishing the series after three movies? Better not do another poxy reboot in a few years time like Spiderman. Still have probably dozens of villians they could use, no need for it to end/reboot.

Nolan has apparently said he will only do 3 movies. So it will be the end of his participation, if Warner Bros want to go again, and another director will take up the challenge then there might be a fourth.

on a side note anybody se newsroom? seems pretty good and intelligent.

Its the end of Nolan's trilogy apparently. Just hope that the inevitable reboot doesn't suck. While I do enjoy Nolan's batman I feel it can be a bit dry and too realistic. Gimme a massive Bane not a guy in a soppy jacket. Bale's batman voice is a small bit cringey too.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    Its the end of Nolan's trilogy apparently. Just hope that the inevitable reboot doesn't suck. While I do enjoy Nolan's batman I feel it can be a bit dry and too realistic. Gimme a massive Bane not a guy in a soppy jacket. Bale's batman voice is a small bit cringey too.

thats a voice!!! I've been sending strepsils over to hollywood for him for ages :cool::pac::p

Problem I have with the reboot's is we end up with roughly the same story being told over and over as well as the same villians being used over and over. Joker will probably be high on the list but we all know that nobody will be able to beat the performance of Heath Ledger. It's not like Batman is short on enemies, so a bit of variety would be welcome. The longer a series goes, the more likely we are to get that variety.

I read they plan to reboot it in a way that the character could fit into a larger universe as they move towards a Justice League movie in 2016.

I read they plan to reboot it in a way that the character could fit into a larger universe as they move towards a Justice League movie in 2016.

They are doing that with the games too apparently...f*ck the justice league.

No. A justice league movie just wont work.
    The characters are just too blah, other than Superman and batman its too flat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I was never able to take to the Justice League. The reason they are rebooting it, as someone said above, is because Christopher Nolan says the paranormal doesn't exist in his.

This is my favourite version of Batman. Im not really into superhero movies. The only other one that I've really watched is Spiderman so a Justice League would suck for me. Not even a fan of Superman.

Also, started on the Soprano's last night and sweet baby jesus it's awesome! Cant believe I missed this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Oh man, you're in for a treat. It gets better as it goes on. You could nearly watch it once a year I think. Definitely very rewarding when watched in sequence on a regular basis. I preferred Michael Keaton as Batman, it has to be said. But I'm sure that's my age talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Kevin Conroy is batman - and everyone knows it!!

Batman-batman-bat-superhero-smiley-emoticon-000136-large.gif

I sat on the batpod the other day....

CMpunked wrote: »
    I sat on the batpod the other day....

Batpod/Tumbler or whatever Nolan calls them but they are still the fvcking batcycle/batmobile.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Watched "The Longest Yard" (remake) again there last night for the first time in ages , such a great film and Kevin Nash is brilliant in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Happy Friday the 13th y'all!!

I enjoyed the justice league cartoon that was out a few years ago, its what endeared me to the green lantern as a character, any movie about the lot needs an avengersesque build up so when a group movie is made people arent sayin get that martian guy away wheres batman etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Justice league movie talk is just an attempt to to try and latch onto the avengers success isn't it. As you say without the build up movies like the Avengers it would make no sense.

• Advertisement

Justice League just don't have the amount of quality superheroes that Avengers/Marvel have. That Green lantern film that was on sky recently was bloody useless. At least the Avengers cast had a bit of a back catalogue of ok movies.

There had been talk of it before, I think. apart from the batman series all DC movies have been kinda crap really superman returns was meh, that green lantern was bad. the avengers were also flimsily linked in each other movies subtle hints etc... could you imagine Clarke Kent being in a press conference in this set of Batman movies an stuf like that.

It would be interesting to see a justice league adaptation but it would have to be seriously well scripted. all it takes is a bit of personal struggle and a character has depth and watchability

Wrecked. 26 hours without sleep now. Flight from Orlando to Gatwick and then Gatwick to Dublin. Universal Studios remains my favorite place on this planet though, even if they have gotten rid of the Jaws ride :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

they what!? thats devastating.

Yup. The area between Disaster and Fear Factor is completely boarded up, the lake has been drained and the buildings knocked :(

Welcome back TSC!

The jaws thing was class. Shame they got rid of it but it is a bit old at this stage.

How long was your stop over? I usually went Dublin to Atlanta which is about seven hours than about a two hour stop over in Atlanta then an hour or so from Atlanta to Orlando. Same in reverse. Last time I went was Fort Lauderdale instead of Orlando so going back we where is that poxy airport for about six hours before the flight. Couldnt get an earlier one and had to be out of the hotel before 12.

I'm having awful trouble with where and were today :o

You say Jaws is old but ET is still there somehow, and that's a lot worse than Jaws ever was. At least Jaws had some awesome staff who went way OTT on the "tour" and were a great laugh. The only redeeming feature of ET is you can give fake names and have ET read them out (this year, me and my brother went with Sam and Dean :pac:)

We only spent two hours in London, but that was because the initial flight out of Orlando was delayed by two hours. Last year though, we got a 13 hour delay in Heathrow though because something happened the plane :( Also yesterday, we had to be out of the hotel at 11 and the flight wasn't till 9, so there was a lot of waiting round, but we went to Denny's for a while and got awesome cheap food...

Well yesterday turned out to be just a meeting. Mix up on the solicitors half it is next week it is to go into court. There was so much to talk about

• Advertisement

You say Jaws is old but ET is still there somehow, and that's a lot worse than Jaws ever was. At least Jaws had some awesome staff who went way OTT on the "tour" and were a great laugh. The only redeeming feature of ET is you can give fake names and have ET read them out (this year, me and my brother went with Sam and Dean :pac:)

We only spent two hours in London, but that was because the initial flight out of Orlando was delayed by two hours. Last year though, we got a 13 hour delay in Heathrow though because something happened the plane :( Also yesterday, we had to be out of the hotel at 11 and the flight wasn't till 9, so there was a lot of waiting round, but we went to Denny's for a while and got awesome cheap food...
    ET is a kids ride and it's always been packed whenever I went. So bad one time we didn't even bother going on it, that's how long the wait was. Jaws was definitely for an older crowd so wouldn't be as busy.

Remember the first time I went on Jaws. Sitting beside a hot girl and she got a fair few frights, was damn near sitting on my lap by the end of it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

RIP Sage Stallone, loved him in Rocky V.

sage.jpg

2572hr7.jpg

ET is a kids ride and it's always been packed whenever I went. So bad one time we didn't even bother going on it, that's how long the wait was. Jaws was definitely for an older crowd so wouldn't be as busy.

My Dad loves ET. Use that information as you will :P It definitely needs an upgrade though.

The queues are always bad for most rides; Despicable Me had a 2 hour wait, Men in Black had a 90 minute wait, and I've never seen Shrek have anything under a 70 minute waiting time. We were staying in the Hard Rock Hotel though so our room keys doubled as express tickets, meaning all rides had a 5 minute waiting time :P So fun to just walk past the queues. Get abused, but so worth it.

Also, another thing I love about America; cheap clothes. Bought so many t-shirts, jeans, jackets....favorite one was this one...

http://www.wilsonsleather.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3768172&cp=3907203.3907545&parentPage=family

Marked down from $550 dollars to $199.99 on their website....picked it up for $50 dollars in store. Got another jacket marked down from $300 to $25. Picked up twelve amazing t-shirts and 4 pairs of Wrangler jeas for $160 in Walmart, and they'll keep me going for the next few years. Amazing prices on clothes.

Milan sell Thiago Silva for €5m less than they turned down 2 weeks ago didn't think selling him could get any worse but now it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

http://www.savewalterwhite.com/

Just seen this in the breaking bad twitter feed. Didn't know it was an actual live website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Dancor wrote: »

Just seen this in the breaking bad twitter feed. Didn't know it was an actual live website.

Even better

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charisteas wrote: »
    RIP Sage Stallone, loved him in Rocky V.

RIP

Dancor wrote: »

99 times out of 100, if a website is mentioned in a TV show, movie or the likes, they'll put something at that address. I know the Rooster Teeth guys have said on their podcast they always buy the domain names of sites they mention in their shows cause otherwise someone else will and then you are advertising something inadvertadly....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Happy St Swithin's Day!

It's real and it's today! Kippers for breakfast, Aunt Hellllllga? Bishop Swithun (971 AD) asked to be outside on his deathbed on July 15th and after his death, the weather on this day was to determine the weather for the next 40 days. Made famous by Bart's manuscript.

556052_463611760325097_1184059627_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

We're fecked then, been raining all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

GTR63 wrote: »
    Justice League just don't have the amount of quality superheroes that Avengers/Marvel have. That Green lantern film that was on sky recently was bloody useless. At least the Avengers cast had a bit of a back catalogue of ok movies.

To be fair, most people know who Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Aquaman are.

The problem, as I see it, is convincing the audience (and myself) that these guys play in the same universe on-screen.

Admittedly I'm a Marvel guy but I prefer my Batmen dealing with street-level crime and can't get my head around how someone like that would hang around with an invulnerable boy scout.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement