Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I know that I'm not supposed to talk about wrestling in here, but I went to see former WCW creative team member Bob Mould in Skibbereen over the weekend, amazing show. He performed Sugar's Copper Blue in it's entirety. Was anyone else there? Grabbed myself a ticket to see Kerbdog in Cyprus Avenue today, my hometown heroes. Gonna be great, as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anyone been watching Partridge on sky atlantic lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

These are the places of my liiiiiiiiife!

Farters is awesome. Absolutely great stuff.

What's that?

Alan Patridge has two new specials out recently, a mockumentary and mock appearance on a book talk-show.

He's Steve Coogan's finest creation, a petty, awkward radio DJ from Norwich that once had a chat show on BBC. If you haven't seen him you're in for a treat. Extremely sharp dialogue. Somewhat similar to Gervais but much less cringe-worthy and funnier IMO.

He's got 3 seasons, a short web series, an audiobook and now this! Before it was a TV show he had one series on actual radio which is very similar to S1 of the TV series.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't know who they have commentating the olympic basketball but I love listening to the thick Irish accent calling the sport :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I don't know who they have commentating the olympic basketball but I love listening to the thick Irish accent calling the sport :P

The guys on of the ball have a "tribute" to him using the wont downtown its hilarious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

New meaning to the term living the gimmick:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Charisteas wrote: »
    In related news, and more importantly wrestling related, lets just say an overdue server bill has been paid. Sure some of you will know what I'm talking about ;)
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    I dunno what you're on about Charisteas! :confused: But in other news the website PWT is down for the time being, and XWT announced that PayPal froze their account - they're behind on their server payments and if they can't get the funds together they'll be offline soon.

I was talking about XWT but wasn't sure if I was allowed to name drop them here. Anyway yeah they managed to pay their server bill so they're good for the time being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

rovert wrote: »
    New meaning to the term living the gimmick:

Does pro-wrestling better than pro-wrestling

• Advertisement

Just found out from the film board that Tesco has a streaming site, and they're also offering free movie streams! They have Dumb & Dumber!

http://www.blinkbox.com/Movies/Free

Ever since the Boards higher-ups changed the lay-out of the site, the search function has gone to crap, is it ever going to get fixed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I went back to the old design.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Likewise, I'm resistant to change.

Yeah I went back to the old lay-out, but the search facility is still screwed up.

That's odd. The search function is grand for me. Clear cache/cookies etc? Make sure you're not anonymously browsing (if you know what I mean!)

Anyway you should post your problems in this thread and hopefully it can be fixed. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056703414

The search function does still work, but extremely basic. A few things that used to work, don't anymore (for me anyway!).

The drop-down list on the right which has options to sort by Best Match, Most Thanked, or Newest First doesn't work anymore.

When searching through Advanced Search, the 'Search in Forum(s)' and 'Posted by User(s)' filter options don't work, and the date facility will always result in searching for posts between xxx and 1st Jan 1970, resulting in nothing.

Do these work for you Jay? Maybe your right, it could just be my cache or cookies or something.

I've been messing with advanced search and it all works for me - for the record i'm using the old layout. I think it might be either your browser or a bug - is your computer fixed after you were saying it was infected? Does malwarebytes or ur antivirus say ur alright?

Bingo! Spot-on, it's my browser that's the problem, Firefox 3.5. Tried it in Google Chrome and everything is fine. I'll have to get around to updating my Firefox.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Bingo! Spot-on, it's my browser that's the problem, Firefox 3.5. Tried it in Google Chrome and everything is fine. I'll have to get around to updating my Firefox.
    Im on firefox 14.0.1

• Advertisement

Bingo! Spot-on, it's my browser that's the problem, Firefox 3.5
    Tinie wrote: »
    Im on firefox 14.0.1

Holy shít i read it as 13.5! THREE point five! Ha ha, that's so awesome. Damn should've gotten a screencap and put it on 'history of the internet' :P

Hey what I can say, I like my WWF Attitude Era, I like my 1998 Nitro's, and I damn sure love my Firefox 3.5!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hey guys , if anyone is around town on friday night , they should drop into the Village . My band are playing a BOTB and if we win we get to play on the Oxjam Stage at Electric Picnic :) Need all the support

http://www.facebook.com/events/507259209289879/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,979 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Firstly anyone who gets to the Olympics deserves all the credit in the world, the amount of sacrifices they make is amazing.

But I can't watch swimming, it's so ****ing dull, props to everyone involved but I don't care.:(

Whats the Olympic sports ye find boring?

Watching the swimming purely for Ryan Lochte ;)

The best news I've read in ages; Joss Whedon is to write and direct The Avengers 2

http://www.digitalspy.ie/movies/news/a398016/joss-whedon-to-write-direct-the-avengers-2.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Watching the swimming purely for Ryan Lochte ;)

I can understand. I'll be watching the open water swimming purely for Britain's Keri-Anne Payne. :cool:

Has anyone seen any wrestling yet at the games? I keep hoping to catch some and I never find it. It was the same four years ago too.

Does anyone know is it being shown on T.V at all? I'm looking around for it as well but keep getting distracted by young wans jumping over fences and throwing balls and similar stuff.

The Wrestling was on the red button on bbc the last few days didn't watch much of it myself. Think it was just greco roman, which is quite boring if i'm honest and I watch a lot of UFC.
    Jess Ennis, Lochte, Kerry Ann Payne everyone has a olympic crush but me seemingly.

I just have a crush on most women in general so that's why I've refrained from singling anyone out.

• Advertisement

The only thing I've actually watched is the football, everything else Ive seen is because someone else was watching. I didnt say anyone because Maria Sharapova is probably a bit too obvious to be saying :pac:

Women's freestyle semi final starting in a few minutes on the BBC Red Button.

Final is on at 5:40.

Heel turn for the Kazakstan girl. She blanked her opponent after losing and had to be pulled in for the official decision :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Handy win for Katie again today, she's just head and shoulders above the rest.

Final tomorrow at 4.45.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Handy win for Katie again today, she's just head and shoulders above the rest.

lol'd at the difference in foot work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Boss: So what'll you do if she wins the gold medal?
    Me: Hard as it might be, I'll just try to carry on as normal... try to keep some semblance of routine and normality in my life. Y'know, try not to let her achievement change me as a person.

I can perhaps be a little too dry sometimes....

• Advertisement

Must be some amount of pressure on Katie Taylor's shoulders right now, rte are almost putting together the winning montage.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Must be some amount of pressure on Katie Taylor's shoulders right now, rte are almost putting together the winning montage.

Pity Sheamus doesn't get the same kind of media coverage :pac:

WWE would love this type of crowd...

Pity Sheamus doesn't get the same kind of media coverage :pac:

Did Tom Arnold not Tout about him the last nite?

• Advertisement

Someone tell me why Batista is coaching Katie...

WWE would love this type of crowd...

Bring back Fall Brawl first round draw Brock Lesnar vs Geriatric Lawler.

That a girl, Katie :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Delighted for Taylor!

Oh god no! not all of our fans trying and failing to sing our national anthem. Lets hope they put the words up on screen even then they will make a hash of the end where it always turns into random shouting and come on Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I think this thread title is due a change. Very tight fight, but fantastic.

There are rumors on twitter that Marty Morrissey will finally call out Brian Cody after Katie's post fight interview.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Oh god no! not all of our fans trying and failing to sing our national anthem. Lets hope they put the words up on screen even then they will make a hash of the end where it always turns into random shouting and come on Ireland.

Should stick to ole ole ole - everybody knows the words.

578891_10151826265205752_1147291332_n.jpg

Stolen from boxing forum

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement