Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

cena wrote: »
    I so could do that if I could move to new york.
    Its not the same though as moving to Australia or china though id imagine, new york is only a few hours flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

Tinie wrote: »
    Its not the same though as moving to Australia or china though id imagine, new york is only a few hours flight.

I see your point but I would be in a different country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lads, anyone here have a Saorview box? Any good? What channels do u get with it, and does it do HD?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Lads, anyone here have a Saorview box? Any good? What channels do u get with it, and does it do HD?

As far as I know rte 2 is hd. Rte news on repeat all day. I think there is also an rte sports channel

Ya its alright. With a standard saorview box, you get RTE 1 and 2, RTE 1 +1hour, TV 3, 3e, TG4, RTE News, RTE 2HD, RTE Kids, Aertal channel and the radio stations. RTE sports coming soon I think.

Depends on your box, only RTE 2 HD at the moment, but im guessing TV3 will be in HD soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Maybe head to the tech terrestrial forum , i think you can get a box with the Irish stations as well as the English free view stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The whole Saorview signal is a heap of ****e where I live anytime it pours rain just forget it, making the AI semi last season a chore to watch(having to go back to the cruddy but dependable analogue signal). On another note a stumpy chicken pecked my front window about a hour ago, my neighbours fowl just don't give a sh*t. What did he want a cup of tea and a few hobnobs?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Went to see The Bourne Legacy today.

I don't think I've ever seen a film so blatantly take a full script, cut it in half, and produce the first half of the script as a full movie :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Dear Robin Van Persie,

untitled-3xvjaz.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I don't think I've ever seen a film so blatantly take a full script, cut it in half, and produce the first half of the script as a full movie :P

I can't remember a more underwhelming end to a film, I was just sitting there thinking 'Is that it?'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,984 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Really enjoyed the Irish film Grabbers some cool Jaws references

Bourne isnt the same or isnt Bourne for me without Damon and Greengrass on board

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

My friend and I went to see the new Bollywood film "Ka The Tiger". Good film, shame I forgot my glasses though. By the time We'd left my head and eyes were wrecked!
    Very weird dance sequences outside trinity involving the DFB band, teachers and kilkenny hurlers.

oh goody cant wait for rugby training tonight, I love muck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Just joined the Fantasy Football league, let the battle commence. Although to be honest these things usually only hold my interest for a few weeks, but Im gonna try to keep up this year due to a guy in work getting too cocky about winning the last couple of years!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Saw The Bourne Legacy the other day in The Savoy,thought it was decent enough,much prefer Jeremy Renner to Matt Damon,mainly because Matt Damon's face annoys me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

My favorite band calling it quits on my bday? Not on my watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

CMpunked wrote: »
    My favorite band calling it quits on my bday? Not on my watch!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D Hope it was Awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Speaking of favourite bands, picked up two tickets to see my favourite band Alexisonfire play their last ever gigs in Europe. Can't wait, especially as I never expected them to do a farewell tour!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Speaking of favourite bands, picked up two tickets to see my favourite band Alexisonfire play their last ever gigs in Europe. Can't wait, especially as I never expected them to do a farewell tour!

Where and when? I'd love to see them before they split :(

rovert wrote: »
    Posting this a heavy heart:
    Charisteas wrote: »
    It's fake twitter post

There has to be a joke in there about copy&paste dirtsheet music sites :pac:

Denny M wrote: »
    Where and when? I'd love to see them before they split :(

December 2nd and 3rd in London, tickets for both sold out within 3 minutes so I was delighted to get some. You can pick some up at fairly inflated prices on ebay though. This will be my 13th and 14th time seeing them!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gah, no hope I'd be able to go anyway, I've only gone to England for a show once, and that was during the holidays.

Emptied out my pockets of my jacket today and I found about 800 dollars give or take in it. I thought it was less than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

Just back from the cinema after seeing Ted. It was hilarious, funniest film i've seen this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Happy Birthday, Mr. Punked.

deisedude wrote: »
    Just back from the cinema after seeing Ted. It was hilarious, funniest film i've seen this year!
    I've seen it twice so far, I loved it :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

December 2nd and 3rd in London, tickets for both sold out within 3 minutes so I was delighted to get some. You can pick some up at fairly inflated prices on ebay though. This will be my 13th and 14th time seeing them!

One band id love to see them but none of my friends would go to the UK with me to see them :( At least i got to see City and Colour last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

cena wrote: »
    Emptied out my pockets of my jacket today and I found about 800 dollars give or take in it. I thought it was less than that.

How many pockets do you have!?

How many pockets do you have!?

Four in total. Been in the jacket for nearly two years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Can't believe Alexisonfire are splitting, criminally underrated band..

This is easily one of my favourite Music Video's of All Time...

There has to be a joke in there about copy&paste dirtsheet music sites :pac:

The only music source I trust is Mave Deltzer from the Music Observer.

Yeah it's a shame alright though it was inevitable once City & Colour started to take off.

The gigs should be mental, they're gonna play practically all of their songs so I can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Yeah it's a shame alright though it was inevitable once City & Colour started to take off.

The gigs should be mental, they're gonna play practically all of their songs so I can't wait!

Looking forward to the new Gallows album with Wade singing.. Never much of a fan of Gallows old singer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Happy birthday CMPunked!

Finally finished with the move to Dublin and got my interent sorted out!

I started wrestling training this week, great painfull fun! I'll be sticking up blog posts about it all later!

Yea would have loved if they had done a show over here (actually have they ever played Ireland?)

Seen C&C last year in the Academy and loved it , but still would have loved to see Alexisonfire aswell
    Looking forward to the new Gallows album with Wade singing.. Never much of a fan of Gallows old singer...

I actually liked a few of Gallows tracks , but really like Franks new project

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Football is back :D

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Football is back :D

Ugh and so are Liverpool down 1-0 at west brom, nice to know we are still absolutely sh!t.

• Advertisement

Yea would have loved if they had done a show over here (actually have they ever played Ireland?)

Seen C&C last year in the Academy and loved it , but still would have loved to see Alexisonfire aswell

I actually liked a few of Gallows tracks , but really like Franks new project

Yeah they've played here twice, once in 2005 supporting Taking Back Sunday and again in 2007 headlining the Button Factory as it's now known. I've met them a few times and went drinking with them in London and they're really sound lads.

The new Gallows stuff sounds great, I was never really a fan of their older stuff but will definitely check out the new album.

If you guys like them then you should check out The Ghost of a Thousand, they broke up last year but have two cracking albums.

Also, these guys are unreal live:

GTR63 wrote: »
    Ugh and so are Liverpool down 1-0 at west brom, nice to know we are still absolutely sh!t.

3-0 down, agger sent off, we NEVER EVER looked like scoring and Joe Cole came on got injured due to being a fat ****. Someone tell Rodgers we were meant to pass like Barca not defend like them. A f*cking disgraceful performance.

Also, these guys are unreal live:

Yea really like Cancer Bats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Going to paramore tonight.

conansimpsons.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Cancer Bats are incredible live. Saw them(briefly) at Download. They were bumped off the lineup thanks to the delays caused by the mud and rain.

Thankfully Billy Talent let them come out during their set and play a song, they launched into Hail Destroyer and the place came unhinged. Absolutely tore main stage a new one. I'd like to catch them again sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

CMpunked wrote: »
    Going to paramore tonight.

conansimpsons.gif

lucky lucky bastard, saw them the last time they played in Belfast, enjoy yourself, and dont feel like a dirty old man watching Hailey, its perfectly natural when she looks as good as she does

Only *I* may dance :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Good luck to galway in the final, ill see you guys up there.

I think you may need it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It's going to be a bitch to get tickets so if I'm not up there I'll be in the local pissed out of my mind like I was for the Croatia match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Jaysis, Tipp got an absolute hammering today

Gonna be cheering on the Tribesman in the final anyway.

2 weeks until Dublins Judgement day against Mayo. I'm very worried about it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement