Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Poxy power outages. No clue what to do without Internet :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Can't be that bad if you're still here GnFnR!

It's back now lol. Was gone for probably about an hour. Dont realise how much you rely on electricity until it's not there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's back now lol. Was gone for probably about an hour. Dont realise how much you rely on electricity until it's not there.

Funny cos this just happened in Corsica in the match between Ajaccio and PSG. Power failed with just two minutes to go. They were able to get it back on then.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

I played my first game of soccer ever this week and scored

an own goal :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Garseys wrote: »
    Jaysis, Tipp got an absolute hammering today

Gonna be cheering on the Tribesman in the final anyway.

2 weeks until Dublins Judgement day against Mayo. I'm very worried about it.

Tipp were a bit like Liverpool yesterday first 40 mins grand then the rest is so bad your saying aloud 'come on, thats enough, come in out of it cause your hopeless'. At the risk of sounding arrogant but Tipp weren't that great all year anyway a lot of teams in Munster are going through a transition so winning that wasn't as hard as previous years. Their minors deserved to win today though we had a poor crop this year judging by today anyway.
    You'll be grand vs Mayo they nearly always bottle the big occasion unless yee light a fire under their arses like you did a few years back in front of Hill 16.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Went to see The Expendables 2 today.

Easily the best comedy of the year. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Ha ha, is it meant to be a comedy? I tend to find the ones that aren't meant to be the funniest. Rest In Peace Tony Scott. I'm gonna stick on True Romance when I get a chance now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Speaking of comedies, Everton 1-0 Man United made me laugh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

Charisteas wrote: »
    Speaking of comedies, Everton 1-0 Man United made me laugh :D

Thought that was a tearjerker myself :(

RIP Scott McKenzie. I'll go to San Francisco one day, and I'll remember the flowers as well...

I desperately wanted Van Persie to score so I could make a reference to Mr Monday Night...RVP. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

My house hunt is going atrocious, iv found 2 houses I really like and both times they haven't been rented to me. Im Getting sick of it

You're moving into Galway from Connemara, is it, what do you think is going against your approval?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ha ha, is it meant to be a comedy? I tend to find the ones that aren't meant to be the funniest. Rest In Peace Tony Scott. I'm gonna stick on True Romance when I get a chance now.

My favourite movie of all time. Not the best movie of all time but for me def my favourite. It just had everything and then you can add in that its written by Tarrantino, Directed by Scott and has the best cast ever, so good that people dont even notice that Gary Oldman, Val Kilmer, Brad Pitt or Samuel L Jackson all appear in it.

• Advertisement

Not to mention James Gandolfini. The iconic music by Hans Zimmer as well. It's just amazing. So sad what happened to Scott. He had inoperable brain cancer so jumped to his death.

You're moving into Galway from Connemara, is it, what do you think is going against your approval?

Firstly I'll state I am being picky I have lived in awful houses in my time so i want somewhere nice and that is handy for work, and living in a town where the main rental market is students makes that tough,
    But the houses i have wanted and haven't got were because someone accepted just before I went viewing, and a person the previous house mates knew well needed a house, Its bad luck really but I'm annoyed

Yeah that sucks man. I'd imagine in Galway it's hard to be picky. I've been in some fairly cracked places in the city when I was a student visiting my friends. What part of Galway is your work in though? Out Salthill direction is where my friend who had the nice house lived. I can't think of the name of the estate but could probably find out. It was very quiet there.

Yeah salthill is nice I actually work out in Connemara but I'm just fed up living out here, getting sick of couches for nights out. so pretty much town Center to west is my location circle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Right Lads I'm off to Australia... And since i havent a clue if i'll be able to still watch Wrestling with the time difference and whatnot, If it means the end of my posting here I just wanted to say thanks to everyone, who post's here. For making this forum the greatest Pro Wrestling forum on the Planet, from the Draft to the Podcasts and the former BWE shows this place truely is Awesome!!

*BANG BANG*

Mick_Foley_553705a.jpg

• Advertisement

if BH can do the time difference, so you can you! Hardest part will be the move and getting settled and then the wrestling will flow again. It's a drug!

Have a fantastic time in Australia man, I'm very jealous. I'm sure you'll love it a little too much! Have a couple of mates over there already and they've nothing but great things to say. Brush up on your knifey-spoony before you get there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Fairly certain they have internetz down Austraily way as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Right Lads I'm off to Australia... And since i havent a clue if i'll be able to still watch Wrestling with the time difference and whatnot, If it means the end of my posting here I just wanted to say thanks to everyone, who post's here. For making this forum the greatest Pro Wrestling forum on the Planet, from the Draft to the Podcasts and the former BWE shows this place truely is Awesome!!

*BANG BANG*
    Its show around 11 or 12 over here on the north east, but your going to Sydney right?

But depends if you will actually want to stay indoors and watch wrestling when its blazing outside, cos I hope you are prepared for christmas!!:p

gimmick wrote: »
    Fairly certain they have internetz down Austraily way as well

No I still use dial up.

No I still use dial up.

Well at least the wheels are turning to get a proper videogame classification! Tis is a disgrace Mortal Kombat 9 -the best of the lot- was banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavours ;)

Try and see if you can get on Neighbours or Home and Away :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Well at least the wheels are turning to get a proper videogame classification! Tis is a disgrace Mortal Kombat 9 -the best of the lot- was banned.
    I know yeah! They also take certain aspects out of games without banning them, like removing excess violence/swearing/gore in games, and delaying them because they cant decide on a rating. AFAIK, certain states didnt even have an 18+ rating until a few years ago, so they would have to remove parts of the game to get the rating down to 15+. Remember hearing something about that before.

But Bully being banned was even more embarrassing.

But the worst thing is the price of new games on the high street.

You will pay the guts of about $90-115 for new xbox blockbuster title on release date, on the high street (In EB games for example) and they are just standard editions.
    Works out as about €80-85!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Best of luck to ya Walt. Hopefully you'll be back posting in no time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Best of luck to you Walt. Boards can be a great grounder and a way to feel relaxed when you move in many ways as its just like you would be at home and can keep you informed about things like in my case PW & Soccer that maybe the locals dont really know or talk about much. tbh without a place like boards I dont know if i'd still follow PW or Soccer at this stage.

My bro is over in Oz atm and honestly I dont think he's planning on moving back anytime soon (he's been there as long as ive been away) so thats a recomendation for the place in itself, but im sure you know all about it already and will lover it. Your posts may be less frequent or at different times but I still look forward to reading more from you as its always daycent *bang bang* man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

My favourite movie of all time. Not the best movie of all time but for me def my favourite. It just had everything and then you can add in that its written by Tarrantino, Directed by Scott and has the best cast ever, so good that people dont even notice that Gary Oldman, Val Kilmer, Brad Pitt or Samuel L Jackson all appear in it.

The film which it is a homage to Badlands and True Romance would be in top 5 fav films.Both are similar understandably and have 2 of my fav love stories ever.

Notice another similarity from Badlands music?

Also anyone who hasn't watched Badlands,:mad::mad:Mallick's best film.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Best of Luck Walt.

I hope everything goes really well for you.

:(

Hope you can still check in every now and then. You're one of my favourite contributors to this place. Best of luck out there. Hope you have a fantastic time!

Best of luck out there. Tell Nick Cave I said hi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Best of luck down under Walt!

Don't forget to wear sunscreen,I heard somewhere that it can get very hot out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I really hope you can continue to post when you get set up down there, Walt.
    Hope you have a whopper time and all the best in your future endeavours. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I share the hope that you keep posting sir, great fun doing the podcast together and hopefully we will keep seeing you here on the forum!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I heard that Open Gangam style song on the radio today...

kpop on a mainstream radio station in ireland, who you have thought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Tinie wrote: »
    I heard that Open Gangam style song on the radio today...

For anyone who doesnt know:

Now you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

CMpunked wrote: »
    Hope you have a whopper time and all the best in your future endeavours. :)
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavours ;)

Pretty much sums up why I love this place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just read that Avril Lavigne is engaged to Chad Kroeger :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

I'm proud to say I barely know who one of these people is and haven't a rashers who the other is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Good luck Walt, i'm sure you'll be having too much fun to miss the wrestling though.

My girlfriend will be devastated. She loves Chad Kroeger! Personally, I don't see how anyone can think he is good looking.

Avril seems fond of picking the mingers too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Thanks Lads:o made it to Melbourne safely, but i literally have no idea what time it is and if im exhausted or not:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

*Insert Good Bye Cliche for Walt :p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

How long was the flight?

When I flew to NZ it took mé a week to get over jetlag, bit just goin on an doing stuff helps your body adjusts quicker, good luck over there I hear nothing but good things

I remember that Schumer girl from the Charlie Sheen roast. She was the one that pissed off Steve-O with her Ryan Dunn remark:

Not a Steve-O fan but I thought this was a bit much (I realise it was a roast and all but even so...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

She was in the amazing Delocated, and held her own, girl got skills. Props for Ziggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

I knew I had seen her name somewhere before, what a cnut she is, that Ryan Dunn line was rough. My opinion of Ziggler has dropped big time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement