Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The concept of a comedy roast seems to be lost on Mr Trade In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I never got the concept of a comedienne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Denny M wrote: »
    How long was the flight?

About 8 Hours to Dubai.. Another 8 to Kuala Lumpar and then 10 From Kuala Lumpar to Melbourne.. Couldn't recommend Emirates higher.. Although the seats where a little crammed, the food and entertainment were excellent... Might have to have to head down to my hostel's bar tonight. there's a wet T-Shirt contest on:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

I loled anyway.

One thing yank comedians do well is roasts, pity about their stand up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Are the wrestling roasts any good actually? I'd imagine the Cornette one could be gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

About 8 Hours to Dubai.. Another 8 to Kuala Lumpar and then 10 From Kuala Lumpar to Melbourne.. Couldn't recommend Emirates higher.. Although the seats where a little crammed, the food and entertainment were excellent... Might have to have to head down to my hostel's bar tonight. there's a wet T-Shirt contest on:cool:

I bet Walter gets the ride off some wan in an ill fitting GAA jersey tonight.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I never really understood what a roast was, is it just a load of boys standinga round ripping the piss out of someone who has been fairly newsworthy at the moment? Explain if possible! Also, whether or not a poster is real has very little impact on me, as I would imagine it would most of the other posters on here, as we all know when the events are on regardless. So anyway, I'm curious what this global affiliates website is that you work with now Grames. It amazes me that people ever doubt you when you put these up here.....

Yeah lads it's real - I got it off the WWE Global Affiliates site

stear clear from the David Hasslehoff roast - sweet Jaysus Hulk Hogan makes an absolute show of himself!

Sorry thought twas fake cause i'm sure someone posted a pic of punk looking like that in a pic thread about a month ago which I thought was just a photoshop or that and even in a linda campaign year I thought for sure Vince would be the first man to dress like a demon in wwe.
    How does Hogan make a show of himself after his 'balls deep' retweet it'd be pretty hard to top that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

GTR63 wrote: »
    How does Hogan make a show of himself after his 'balls deep' retweet it'd be pretty hard to top that.

Well he has all his jokes written for him and does them all in "brother" speak!

It's just shockingly bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Best of luck walt! I hear there's PLENTY of Irish bars over there. You'll feel right at home :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Burn it burn it with fire!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The original Inbetweeners is over-rated to **** anyways so I enjoy the freakout people are having over the Yank version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I have never immersed myself in the original so that trailer didn't really bug me that much now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Im glad the americans stayed away from my favorite British TV show, Peep Show, as they would no doubt ruin it.

....Oh wait! They didn't!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I hated the American version of the IT Crowd, jokes were so similar, yet so unfunny.

On the roasts subject, I remember watching a clip of the Trump one that had "The Situation" from the Jersey Shore on it. What an unjustifiably smug moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The original Inbetweeners is over-rated to **** anyways so I enjoy the freakout people are having over the Yank version.

First two seasons were good but then same jokes in season three and the film yet there is talks of another film after the sucess of the last one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Hi

I have been off here for a while for different reasons but thought some of you may be able to help. I recently been offered a job with sky in Burlington plaza. I have to relocate and I have been looking on daft.ie at areas like rathgar and places in d4 and houseshares seem reasonable

Can anyone help with other areas I should be looking

The position doesn't start till 22nd of october but I've accepted I'll probably have to rent from 1st October

Thanks for the help.

Don't like posting on the soccer forum because of so many muppets so I said Id ask here.

Looking for a stream for the United Vs Fulham match. Anyone know any good sites?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Don't like posting on the soccer forum because of so many muppets so I said Id ask here.

Looking for a stream for the United Vs Fulham match. Anyone know any good sites?

Cheers

Check the stream thread. I'm sure at least one of them will have it.

Just did an online mock driving theory test.

I have never driven a car. I dont technically know how to drive. I've never studied for it. Nothing like that. It was just something I decided to do out of curiosity. 40 questions, need 35 to pass. You have 40 minutes, I did it in 15.

My result?

36 out of 40.

tumblr_lyfnwkheRH1qhv6pa.jpg

I think everybody should go for at least a provisional license, just to have it. The theory isn't hard and once you start driving you'll love it.

Don't mean to rain on your parade.

Even though I have no interest in driving (Walking and public transport do me well) but I did the theory test around 2 years ago and got 40/40 (Without even picking up a book)

Unfortunately the test expires so I had to apply for a learners permit around 3 months ago and luckily I got one before the theory test expired!!

Odd that signing Nuri Sahin on a loan feels so good. When your used to looking at fúcking shít like Adam, Downing, Spearing, Carroll and Windy Shepard Henderson it feels like a huge deal. Pity we haven't got a goalscorer :'-(

GTR63 wrote: »
    Windy Shepard Henderson(

I still don't get the Henderson signing. He looked so basic for Sunderland anytime I watched him play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Went to see the expendables tonight.
    One of the best movies I have ever witnessed.

Even though I have no interest in driving (Walking and public transport do me well) but I did the theory test around 2 years ago and got 40/40 (Without even picking up a book)

For the four I got wrong, two of them I had the right answer but changed :mad: The third was also 50-50 but I didn't change my pick on that. The fourth was a complete guess about weight restrictions for a class B licence. Had I not changed I'd have gotten 38 :pac:

Like you I dont have an interest in driving but I'll do it a few more times and if I keep passing I'll book the real thing.

Milan lose the first game of the season at home to Samp and I ain't shocked, thats what happens when most your players leave and are replaced with crap free's, loans and swaps. Quite happy with the Liverpool performance bar Gerrard who looks out of place in our new shtyle of football.
    Who in the name of god designed the new away kits for Barca they are John Cena bad.

Watching the Oscar-nominated Brooke Hogan-shark movie now. It's so bad it's good. Like all SyFy films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they just look so wrong, look like something you'd use to work out new sex positions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

4th year of college cant come quick enough! Dying to get back.

bored off my tits at the moment

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tinie wrote: »
    4th year of college cant come quick enough! Dying to get back.

bored off my tits at the moment

You'll regret saying that come exam season! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

lockie1983 wrote: »
    You'll regret saying that come exam season! ;)
    Ill be enjoying everything about this last year of college, even exam time, because this time next year, ill be out in the big bad world

Tinie wrote: »
    Ill be enjoying everything about this last year of college, even exam time, because this time next year, ill be out in the big bad world

do a post grad or masters the real world sucks!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

do a post grad or masters the real world sucks!!

What he said +1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

+2

there ARE jobs out there - that should be your first port of all.....LOOK FOR ONE!

make a post grad/masters a fall back option! I got a job out of college - yet my college mates who did a masters "can't" (in inverted commas as i believe they just aren't trying hard enough!

there ARE jobs out there - that should be your first port of all.....LOOK FOR ONE!

make a post grad/masters a fall back option! I got a job out of college - yet my college mates who did a masters "can't" (in inverted commas as i believe they just aren't trying hard enough!

I'm not saying there's no jobs out there I'm just saying the real world sucks

• Advertisement

I'm not saying there's no jobs out there I'm just saying the real world sucks

Yeah but prolonging going out there isn't the answer! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I'm a real world guy, never liked education or the college/university lifestyle although I did get through it. Only thing about the real world that sucks for me right now is 1/3rd my salary going on rent.

Any jobs going, grames? :P

Yeah but prolonging going out there isn't the answer! :p

true but you have more fun ;)

CMpunked wrote: »
    Any jobs going, grames? :P

:pac: not a chance!

well not with the WWE end of things - that's my baby!!
    true but you have more fun ;)

*ahem* I got a free trip to Wrestlemania in the "real world" - I think that's a bit more fun than college! :pac:

[sorry - I hadn't mentioned it in about 5 minutes - I was having withdrawel symptons! :p]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

6,000 jobs

there are jobs there, they're just not being handed to people on a silver platter anymore.
    as mentioned above, alot of those complaining about there being no jobs are those putting in little or no effort.

Pepe Reina you ****ing limp****. 1-1 with Hearts what a load of ****e.

Anyone here play rugby? Iv just started training for the first time, is there any dos and do nots I should know?

Anyone here play rugby? Iv just started training for the first time, is there any dos and do nots I should know?

Dont pass the ball forward.

• Advertisement

Sorry I do know the basics just any thing extra I should do

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement